Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 (25215 Views)

BREAKING!!! Buhari Declares War On Niger Delta Militants; Deploys Troops To The / Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic / Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 31, 2010
what about Sam Dede?

I thought he did well too
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Beaf: 12:55am On Mar 31, 2010
cap28:

i thought it was really good, the non nigerian actors all had really dodgy nigerian accents though, perhaps they could have cast a few nollywood actors in some of the roles rather than the black british actors that they used.

i enjoyed it though, although im not sure all of it was shot in nigeria.

David Oyewole (Tobodo) was brilliant as usual, the lead actress - naomi harris, was acting like a typical brainwashed coconut, totally oblivious to the misery and suffering that shell brings to nigeria but apart from that quite good, looking forward to seeing episode two.

It was shot in South Africa (cant shoot dat kain tin in 9ja cool) and quite a few of the actors were either South African or Black British.
Naomi Harris represents the average Nigerian that doesn't understand the way the country works. What a rude shock she got! But then, much worse things than she saw happen in the ND.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by marvielson(m): 1:14am On Mar 31, 2010
Pretty symbolic of Nigeria's problems. liked the speech bout "Nigerian Mr A", the truth is rarely told better.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by riversman: 3:28am On Mar 31, 2010
BBC allowed this garbage on thier network??

puhlease chaildrens!!!!

Poor casting
Locations were zero compared to Niger Delta
is that wat they think PH looks like
They failed to show how the white brits and europeans, had beastly sex with naija gals, married naija gals to get extension on thier visas so Shell and could extend thier work contracts

The airport taxi scene was a mess, poorly produced, ofcourse they had a good story but not properly executed,

i couldnt stomach the whole movie/watever, why was the gunfire scene soo long?

couldnt the white/brit wife fake some emotion, no wife will scream like a beetch when her husband is in danger, she was purely acting as she was told, she failed to make me believe, HISS
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Beaf: 3:36am On Mar 31, 2010
The program was watched by 2.266 million people. They have just won approximately 2.266 million folk to the Niger Delta cause!!! grin

On BBC2 the two part drama Blood and Oil, about the kidnapping of western oil workers in Nigeria, launched with 2.266 million (9.3%) over 80 minutes from 9pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/mar/30/tv-ratings-ask-the-chancellors

We now need another drama showing how oil spills and gas flaring have ruined lives, it will make excellent showing as a season long soap.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by MandingoII(m): 4:40am On Mar 31, 2010
It does not play in the United States, angry
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Beaf: 4:59am On Mar 31, 2010
MandingoII:

It does not play in the United States, angry

You can watch or download it here;
Episode 1 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rw5mp/Blood_and_Oil_Episode_1/
Episode 2 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rw69w/Blood_and_Oil_Episode_2/
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by sage(m): 5:53am On Mar 31, 2010
Beaf:

You can watch or download it here;
Episode 1 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rw5mp/Blood_and_Oil_Episode_1/
Episode 2 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rw69w/Blood_and_Oil_Episode_2/

I dont think it lets you download or watch if you are in the US.

Is there anybody in the US that has been able to watch it?
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Beaf: 6:44am On Mar 31, 2010
sage:

I dont think it lets you download or watch if you are in the US.

Is there anybody in the US that has been able to watch it?

You can with a proxy. See http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/02/using-iplayer-abroad-viewing-bbc-via.html
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sagamite(m): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2010
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by debouy: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2010
Could anyone please tell me how to get this video? I live outside the UK and unable to view on bbc Iplayer, tried the proxy viewing on cloakviewer, still nothing.

Does anyone have this video saved or downloaded?

Thanks.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sagamite(m): 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2010
This is the kind of movie that should be bog-standard in Nollywood.

As I have always said, there are tons of solid stories waiting to be told about Nigeria and its people but the usual Nigerian laziness and substandardness is what we have in Nollywood.

Bloody retards only know how to make movies of "this one did juju on that one", "this lover was jilted", "this child was mistreated but became successful eventually", then "another one use juju to steal my husband".

And the music they employ as soundtrack to most of their films, I can only best describe as a shrieking din of some female who is wailing from the effects of gangrene resulting from a body injury. Normally it has no correlation to the ongoing events in the film and I wonder how they hell did anyone approve of the film's musical director.

Bloody sets of morons. And they would wonder why they are unemployable in and out of Nigeria.

See the way BBC used photography to make Nigeria look third worldish but yet still nice. Yeye foools would be carrying camcorder to make film and want to rip enough money to drive Jeep and build house next week. Little effort, quick riches mentality buffoons. This mentality permeates across all other industries.

Good thing the music industry injected some guys with brains that revolutionised it.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by ceecee(m): 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2010
Suddenly the architects(the British) of this project called Nigeria have realized that the project Nigeria is on the brink of precipice. Thus, coming out with this revelation.I encourage the children of those who in one way or the other participated in these looting to toe the line of Tobodo.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by cvibe: 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
Doesn't play in Nigeria
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by DOAweb(m): 4:00pm On Mar 31, 2010

Loved it I have to say. A near reflection of the true state of things - the angles were clear enough:

the greedy oyinbo angle
the useless government
Mend not been saints
the lack of social responsibility on the part of oil companies in Nigeria
the exploitation of poverty and inequality via prostitution
political idealism
the corrupt business men via oil bunkering
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sagamite(m): 4:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
DOAweb:

Loved it I have to say. A near reflection of the true state of things - the angles were clear enough:

the greedy oyinbo angle
the useless government
Mend not been saints
the lack of social responsibility on the part of oil companies in Nigeria
the exploitation of poverty and inequality via prostitution
political idealism
the corrupt business men via oil bunkering

Add:

The usual publicly celebrated achiever with dirty hands
The posh, priviledged, high-flying kid that might look down on others but is ignorant of where all condiments of his/her priviledge came from
The animalistic behaviours of panhandlers that swaddles you as you exit a Nigerian International Airport
The vexation of a woman against an Okada driver  grin
The kind heartedness of an average Nigerian when you get injured and there is no public ambulance system
The pollution of the living environments (land and sea) of SS nigerians by oil companies

Nollywood morons could not see a story in this?
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by sesman(m): 4:10pm On Mar 31, 2010
I thought the drama was absolutely spot on as far as am concerened, kudos to the BBC i'll say
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by sayso: 4:14pm On Mar 31, 2010
very good,liked the movie
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by mystikal(m): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2010
I couldnt relate to the story emotionally

But on a lighter note, I think Nollywood producers could take a cue from it, production wise.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by NSNA: 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2010
I think you can download anywhere with this http://sourceforge.net/projects/iplayerdownload/
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by NSNA: 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2010
BBC should sell this show to American Networks
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by IbroYaya: 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2010
I really like the story and it is really touching. But did u guys notice something? Aboki was never mentioned as d problem of the ND people, it was their own greedy  people in power in collaboration foreign community that actually exploited them of wat dey deserved. Niger Delta, wake up and challenge ur leaders.Case study Bayelsa state Governor
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sunofgod(m): 5:39pm On Mar 31, 2010
All politicians were implicated in the illegal bunkering and sale of Nigerian oil.

Re watch the scene where they were on the boat drinking coffee and listen carefully.

Its an accurate depiction of the goings on in Nigeria.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by sizzlers(m): 5:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
the stuff no gree play for my system it is showing me this

Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by sizzlers(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2010
i don click play tire but no show anywey, i thank u guys for highlighting me since i no watch am but i go like follow watch oo!!
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by shabbie(m): 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2010
Rubbish programme!!
What are they trying to achieve? Batter the already battered image.
Always exaggerating Nigeria issues, never celebrated what we did right!
The whole production crew not even one Nigerian? Idiots
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sagamite(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2010
shabbie:

Rubbish programme!!
What are they trying to achieve? Batter the already battered image.
Always exaggerating Nigeria issues, never celebrated what we did right!
The whole production crew not even one Nigerian? Idiots

This was not a exaggeration of Nigerian issues, this was a reflection of Nigerian issues.

And you better appreciate they did that for you.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by JUO(m): 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2010
the thing no gree show oooo

Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Dblank(f): 6:21pm On Mar 31, 2010
I loved the part where the LEADER[KIDNAPPER] said and i quote YOU BRITISH PEOPLE ARE VERY WICKED.LOl.That was really funny grin
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sauron1: 6:29pm On Mar 31, 2010
Sagamite:

This is the kind of movie that should be bog-standard in Nollywood.

As I have always said, there are tons of solid stories waiting to be told about Nigeria and its people but the usual Nigerian laziness and substandardness is what we have in Nollywood.

Bloody retards only know how to make movies of "this one did juju on that one", "this lover was jilted", "this child was mistreated but became successful eventually", then "another one use juju to steal my husband".

And the music they employ as soundtrack to most of their films, I can only best describe as a shrieking din of some female who is wailing from the effects of gangrene resulting from a body injury. Normally it has no correlation to the ongoing events in the film and I wonder how they hell did anyone approve of the film's musical director.

Bloody sets of morons. And they would wonder why they are unemployable in and out of Nigeria.

See the way BBC used photography to make Nigeria look third worldish but yet still nice. Yeye foools would be carrying camcorder to make film and want to rip enough money to drive Jeep and build house next week. Little effort, quick riches mentality buffoons. This mentality permeates across all other industries.

Good thing the music industry injected some guys with brains that revolutionised it.

Wetin Nollywood do you now? Haba!!!
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2010
~Sauron~:

Wetin Nollywood do you now? Haba!!!

They are a major contributor to my High Blood Pressure! angry grin grin grin grin
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by hackney(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2010
Saw the drama last night.

showed Naija in a bad light but hey. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Deeper Life Church At Okene Kogi State, Kill 15 / Oil Exploration In The North Would Continue Until The Product Is Found - NNPC / Alex Otti's 53rd Birthday Celebration: Dangote, Amaechi & Obiano Attend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.