Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 (25217 Views)

BREAKING!!! Buhari Declares War On Niger Delta Militants; Deploys Troops To The / Boko Haram Carries Out First Attack On Niger Republic / Annkio Briggs Call On Niger Delta & Ndi-igbo To Break Away! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by nearest(m): 9:02am On Apr 01, 2010
@toladop please attach the file to your post, for easy download.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by sizzlers(m): 9:41am On Apr 01, 2010
TOLADOB PLS IM DESPERATELY IN NEED OF THE VIDEO, I CANT WAIT TO
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by sizzlers(m): 9:45am On Apr 01, 2010
QUOTE: Over $380bn stolen or wasted since 1960.

Money that even hong-kong did not have till early '90's.
Na wa for naija.

i have been to the site u should informed us that it is only for MAC OS
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by gsitgg: 9:50am On Apr 01, 2010
Never trust the BBC. It is no coincidence the scene with the girl who commited adultery with the main character's husband was sitting in church. The only church scene in the whole movie.

Anti-christian BBC never misses an opportunity to smear christianity.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by sayso: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2010
this film is so good,I like the part of that immigration officer,you can't enter Nigeria without a yellow fever paper,it is $25.That little yellow cardboard paper,corruption is everywhere in 9ja.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by martinosi: 10:24am On Apr 01, 2010
gsitgg:

Never trust the BBC. It is no coincidence the scene with the girl who commited adultery with the main character's husband was sitting in church. The only church scene in the whole movie.

Yeah ! CO-SIGN, There is always an agenda!!!
I schooled @ Uni level in that Delta Region
It always a Joke when u see Foreign TV Station trying to twist
a story about a part of Africa you understabnd like the
Back of your hand lol!!!

And why the show now when the Nigerian Govt has made
considerable effort to solve the Niger-Delta Issue!!!

hmmmmm i wonder i wonder wonder wonder!!!
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by martinosi: 10:31am On Apr 01, 2010
hmmm
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by webmaster3: 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2010
Please i really need to view this video and am not in the UK. Does anyone have another link or a download that i can use to view this video
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by babaogun(m): 12:19pm On Apr 01, 2010
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Badriyyah(f): 12:21pm On Apr 01, 2010
I don't know why SOME people are against the movie. Yeah there was a bit of over dramatization, but that was mainly the White womans role. BBC did a very fair and balanced job. Why must Nigerians complain about everything??  Nollywood needs to take lessons from this movie and start making inspirational movies instead the bunch of crap they usually do.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Badriyyah(f): 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2010
gsitgg:

Lmao @ Anti-christian, they brought christianity to your silly people. And the STORYLINE wasn't about christianity, if you want a religious movie then look for something else.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Swissess(f): 12:38pm On Apr 01, 2010
Can somebody please explain to me why the British guy was killed in the end?
I did not get that, sad
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by babaogun(m): 12:54pm On Apr 01, 2010
Swissess:

Can somebody please explain to me why the British guy was killed in the end?
I did not get that, sad

British guy was purportedly killed from my own understanding by the Nigerian government. This was done so they can blame MEND and thereby get universal approval to wage terror on MEND.

With regard to the church, it was a smear on Nigeria.

I think this story was written by a South African…like a follow up to district 9.

Most vernacular sounded funny becos it was spoken by a non-Nigerian African.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by thameamead(f): 1:05pm On Apr 01, 2010
It was shot in South Africa. most of the casts were south african's including the journalist, "oil bunkering", that is a new one, i had no idea russia mafia could siphon oil from Nigeria and sell it in Amsterdam with the help of some coorrpt Nigerians,
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sagamite(m): 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2010
babaogun:

With regard to the church, it was a smear on Nigeria.

How did you come to that conclusion?
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by thameamead(f): 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2010
There is a documentary on Channel 4 2morrow @ 7.30PM- -Unreported World, i think it's about the tribal war in Jos,
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by thameamead(f): 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2010
sayso:

this film is so good,I like the part of that immigration officer,you can't enter Nigeria without a yellow fever paper,it is $25.That little yellow cardboard paper,corruption is everywhere in 9ja.

LOL!
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by thameamead(f): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2010
Sun of god:

MEND have correctly been shown to be FREEDOM FIGHTERS

Fighting for the freedom from the inhumane treatment of their people and their environment by the 'Cabal' and immoral western companies.

They have received acknowledgement from the West for their efforts.

If Che Guevara was around today he would beg to be a part of MEND

Period,

GBAM!!!!!!
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by AngieFan(f): 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2010
Beaf wrote:
The British position has changed otherwise the BBC would never air such a series. The truth about the Niger Delta is being told to British people in no uncertain terms?. . . And MEND are depicted as the heroes they are! Nigerian politics has just turned full circle. Power to the people! Cool

Even the British have realised that politics as usual has failed woefully.

You do realise that the British government and the BBC are two different organizations don't you? The government does not control the media in Britain and the media would never be shut down for broadcasting an opposing view of the government so I don't get your point.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by SEFAGO(m): 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
AngieFan:

Beaf wrote:
You do realise that the British government and the BBC are two different organizations don't you? The government does not control the media in Britain and the media would never be shut down for broadcasting an opposing view of the government so I don't get your point.

LOL

True that

Let me check what the MEND terrorists are up to now.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by toladop(m): 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2010
@toladop please attach the file to your post, for easy download.

Impossibility, I can attach a maximum of 200KB, this is 852MB, hope my link works 4 u and u enjoy it
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by toladop(m): 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
Episode 2 would come up b4 the end of the day
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by AngieFan(f): 2:57pm On Apr 01, 2010
I understand the BBC having to resort to filming this in South Africa but I think that they should of at least gotten some real Nigerians to play the parts of the Africans. Those fake accents are off putting. tongue

Trailer below

[flash=425,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/4o2_UKh8Qfc[/flash]
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by AngieFan(f): 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2010
Toladop

Could you be a darling and put it on youtube? cheesy
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by SEFAGO(m): 3:04pm On Apr 01, 2010
AngieFan:

I understand the BBC having to resort to filming this in South Africa but I think that they should of at least gotten some real Nigerians to play the parts of the Africans. Those fake accents are off putting. tongue

Trailer below

[flash=425,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/4o2_UKh8Qfc[/flash]

oooh the black chick was hot- actually pretty would be more apt
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by babaogun(m): 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2010
Sagamite:

How did you come to that conclusion?

What they were trying to portray was that Nigerians are dodgy people and use religion (in this case, Christianity) to cover up their real character.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sagamite(m): 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2010
AngieFan:

BBC is doing a film on and in Nigeria but yet half of all the main Nigerian characters in the movie are played by foreigner actors.

Out of the other half that are Nigerians, about 80% grew up and reside outside Nigeria.

Evidence that, as I have always put across, most Nigerian actors are rubbish and substandard. Unfortunately, most of them are comfortable with this due to the mentality of the average Nigerian not trying to be the best they can be. Hence the rubbish production and acting in Nollywood, the crap broadcasting of BEN TV, the cave-like customer service of Nigerian Embassy etc.

Thank God for the likes of the exceptions like Nigezie.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by toladop(m): 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2010
AngieFan:

Toladop

Could you be a darling and put it on youtube?  cheesy

Pls teach me how to do it cos its a large file, 1hr and 20mins video
I believe, if u click the first link, the video would start playing. Even if I put it in youtube, it wont last long because of copyright issues
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sagamite(m): 3:35pm On Apr 01, 2010
babaogun:

What they were trying to portray was that Nigerians are dodgy people and use religion (in this case, Christianity) to cover up their real character.

What did you see in the film that led you to that conclusion?

All I saw was they showed people attending a church and the preacher preaching. What in that 2 min clip led you to the conclusion that "they were trying to portray was that Nigerians are dodgy people and use religion (in this case, Christianity) to cover up their real character"?
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by babaogun(m): 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2010
@Sagamite
Sagamite:

What did you see in the film that led you to that conclusion?

All I saw was they should people attending a church and the preacher preaching. What in that 2 min clip led you to the conclusion that "they were trying to portray was that Nigerians are dodgy people and use religion (in this case, Christianity) to cover up their real character"?

First of all, my opinion doesn't have to be right.

Secondly, a movie doesn't necessarily have to be interpreted in any particular way. Atimes, directors want different viewers to have different reasons behind a scene.

A girl who hangs around in a night club / hang out and sits in the middle of the church or should i say just behind the front pew during the day.

Well, i have an opinion on this, maybe you can share yours.
Re: Blood And Oil (New BBC 2 Drama on Niger Delta Crisis) - Episodes 1 and 2 by Sagamite(m): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2010
babaogun:

@Sagamite
First of all, my opinion doesn't have to be right.

Secondly, a movie doesn't necessarily have to be interpreted in any particular way. Atimes, directors want different viewers to have different reasons behind a scene.

A girl who hangs around in a night club / hang out and sits in the middle of the church or should i say just behind the front pew during the day.

Well, i have an opinion on this, maybe you can share yours.

Obviously your opinion does not have to be right, it would be nice if it was, as it would generate and award you respect. But that said, that should not give you the free will to vomit moronic opinions. Especially ones that try to promulgate discord and hatred amongst people and groups of the world. When you make such irritating and moronic promulgations, I attack you, as your likes (at a aggregate cascaded level) make the world a less safe place for the rest of us, as your "us" vs "them" mentality can lead to division and violence.

Now to come to why your predisposition is moronic:

Are you telling me that a vast majority of girls that sleep with married men or even the pastor do not frequent churches in Nigeria?

Are you telling me even postitutes do not visit churches in Nigeria?

Are you telling me Nigeria's corrupt looters do not visit churches frequently?

So why do you think incorporating a church is somehow a way of portraying Nigerians as dodgy people instead of it being a innocuous portrayal of reality (even if YOU are embarassed about it)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senate Probes Obasanjo, Jonathan’s Power Sector Spendings / I’ll Lead Massive Campaign Against APC – Bode George / Dino Melaye And Ali Ndume In War Of Words Over Screening Of Ibrahim Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.