Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience (34204 Views)

Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / Igbo Woman Reveals The Lady Who Made Her Convert To Islam. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by LordAA(m): 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
Wonders shall never end. You seriously need help
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Damtol22(f): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
HajimeSaito:

MY ENCOUNTER WITH A MUSLIM DAWAH PREACHER

I still remember the first time a muslim tried to convert me to islam. It was on a Friday afternoon about two years ago when I was serving in Ibadan North Local Government. I was on my way home from Bodija market and I was making my way through a crowd of muslim beggars who were begging for alms. I was about to flag down an okada to take me to Agbowo, when I was approached by a smiling young man in a caftan and turban. He greeted me in English (which surprised me) and introduced himself as Ibrahim. He then went on to tell me that he was inviting me to islam.
As he preached and waxed lyrical about the beauty of islam, I was smiling to myself. My smile must have encouraged him that he was about to win a soul because he began to talk in glowing terms about the wonderful qualities of “prophet” Muhammad.
Unfortunately for Ibrahim, he didn’t know that I was smiling because I was remembering all the negative qualities of his beloved “prophet” which are recorded in the Quran and the Hadith. I wondered whether I should continue playing dumb or whether I should honestly reveal all the embarrassing details I knew about “prophet” mohammad.
Should I let Ibrahim know that I was aware of how his beloved “prophet” mohammad slept with his own daughter in law Zainab and ended her marriage to his adopted son Zaid? Or how one night he visited the room of his wife Hafsat to have sex with her but when he found she was not around, he had sex with her servant Mary the Copt?
Or how his “prophet” loved having sex with all of his 11 wives both in the day and in the night time?
Or how the “prophet” of allah killed a Jewish man named Kinana after torturing Kinana to reveal where Kinana’s money was hidden and that after he killed Kinana, he insisted on having sex with Kinana’s beautiful young widow Safiya on the same day that he killed her husband?
Or should I tell him about how his beloved prophet was once possessed by demonic spirits after falling under the influence of a magician?
Or how his “prophet’s” version of the afterlife (life after death) consists of sexual orgies with beautiful virgins called houris and rivers of wine ?
But I never voiced my thoughts. ( I didn’t want to start a religious riot!) Instead, I waited for Ibrahim to finish. After he finished preaching he invited me to say the Shahada (Islamic confession of faith).
I then asked him a question: “Ibrahim, what do you see all around you?” He replied: “ A lot of people, mainly beggars.”
I asked a second question:
“Between me and these beggars, who needs allah more?”
He fell silent. I continued:
“You preach about the beauty of islam and yet we are surrounded everywhere with solid evidence of its wretchedness. Go and take care of your brothers and sisters in islam who are dying of poverty and ignorance and blowing themselves up for an uncaring god. Then you can get back in touch with me and we will have a sincere discussion on matters of faith”
I left my phone number with Ibrahim.
From that day, till the end of my youth service in Ibadan, even unto this day, I never heard from Ibrahim again.

kudos to you bro.....love ur write up.....dat fool dat wanted to convert to a Muslim.....she made mention dat she can't be going to church... so is she d one dat will b doing 5hours prayer with Muslim??...may God forgive her....beta tink well
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Neoteny(m): 3:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
kngblacq:
I'm a guy who comes from a Christian home but don't really like Christianity, going to church is like a punishment for me because everything they do there looks somehow to me, so I have been studying Islam for a while and I love the religion, would love to know more about it. People who have converted to Islam from Christianity should share their experiences, how they dealt with family pressure and backlash. I want to know what I'm getting into before taking that decision. Thanks.

Good.

Best decision you've taken.

Now hurry and convert before some pastor sends curses via wifi and you die a christian.
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Neoteny(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2017
OboOlora:
Do people really convert to Islam? Thought people only see the light...

Meanwhile Mod, why do I have to swear an oath to comment on a Muslim post but nobody asks me any question on a Christian post?

Because the admins know christianity is a giant fraud.

So they don't bother.

1 Like

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Neoteny(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
MirJay:
seun remove that Allah and Mohammed stuff from my profile. i dont agree

Too late.

You're now a muslim.

Welcome brother Abu Bakr.

2 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Neoteny(m): 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2017
MrDude:
I conclude without no basis for a second thought that any sane human who crosses over to Islam is either mentally unstable or..... mentally unstable angry

Well since you preclude any basis for second thoughts, it portrays you as.....mentally unstable.

1 Like

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by nellyelitz(m): 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2017
Gathering of butchers!
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by kayodekb: 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
HajimeSaito:

I still remember the first time a muslim tried to convert me to islam. It was on a Friday afternoon about two years ago when I was serving in Ibadan North Local Government. I was on my way home from Bodija market and I was making my way through a crowd of muslim beggars who were begging for alms. I was about to flag down an okada to take me to Agbowo, when I was approached by a smiling young man in a caftan and turban. He greeted me in English (which surprised me) and introduced himself as Ibrahim. He then went on to tell me that he was inviting me to islam.
As he preached and waxed lyrical about the beauty of islam, I was smiling to myself. My smile must have encouraged him that he was about to win a soul because he began to talk in glowing terms about the wonderful qualities of “prophet” Muhammad.
Unfortunately for Ibrahim, he didn’t know that I was smiling because I was remembering all the negative qualities of his beloved “prophet” which are recorded in the Quran and the Hadith. I wondered whether I should continue playing dumb or whether I should honestly reveal all the embarrassing details I knew about “prophet” mohammad.
Should I let Ibrahim know that I was aware of how his beloved “prophet” mohammad slept with his own daughter in law Zainab and ended her marriage to his adopted son Zaid? Or how one night he visited the room of his wife Hafsat to have sex with her but when he found she was not around, he had sex with her servant Mary the Copt?
Or how his “prophet” loved having sex with all of his 11 wives both in the day and in the night time?
Or how the “prophet” of allah killed a Jewish man named Kinana after torturing Kinana to reveal where Kinana’s money was hidden and that after he killed Kinana, he insisted on having sex with Kinana’s beautiful young widow Safiya on the same day that he killed her husband?
Or should I tell him about how his beloved prophet was once possessed by demonic spirits after falling under the influence of a magician?
Or how his “prophet’s” version of the afterlife (life after death) consists of sexual orgies with beautiful virgins called houris and rivers of wine ?
But I never voiced my thoughts. ( I didn’t want to start a religious riot!) Instead, I waited for Ibrahim to finish. After he finished preaching he invited me to say the Shahada (Islamic confession of faith).
I then asked him a question: “Ibrahim, what do you see all around you?” He replied: “ A lot of people, mainly beggars.”
“You preach about the beauty of islam and yet we are surrounded everywhere with solid evidence of its wretchedness. Go and take care of your brothers and sisters in islam who are dying of poverty and ignorance and blowing themselves up for an uncaring god. Then you can get back in touch with me and we will have a sincere discussion on matters of faith”
From that day, till the end of my youth service in Ibadan, even unto this day, I never heard from Ibrahim again.

You are very stupid and senseless for this ur idiotic assumption...YOU CAN'T MIX RELIGION AND RICHNESS TOGETHER BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT THINGS ENTIRELY.. THE FACT STILL REMAIN THAT MUSLIMS ARE MORE RICHER THAN CHRISTIANS... USE NIGERIA AS YOUR CASE STUDY

1 Like

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by kayodekb: 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
HajimeSaito:

Like I have said, I am not mocking anyone's condition. Yes I agree that there are poor Christians, but strangely enough nearly 99% of all the beggars I have ever met in my life are Muslims.
Today is Friday and they are all over the street begging everywhere for alms. Even on Sunday after service they stand outside the gates of my Church to beg for money and even food. Sometimes our pastor tells us to actually give part of our tithes to these beggars.

My problem is this: The Koran says that Muslims are the best of mankind. If that is the case, why are so many of you so poor and uneducated?

THAT MEANS YOU ARE A FOOL WHO HAS NEVER BEEN TO A CHRISTIAN DOMINATED AREA... CAN'T IMAGINE AM EVEN WASTING MY TIME ARGUING WITH THIS IDIOT
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by saabright(m): 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
adeblow:
Just go to YouTube and search sheikh Khalid yasin, you will get the details you want. He was a former Christian and he's American. You would love his lectures.

what I love about all d comments is that no Muslim replied all d harsh things u people have to say about Islam.

3 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by kadiens: 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
kngblacq:
I'm a guy who comes from a Christian home but don't really like Christianity, going to church is like a punishment for me because everything they do there looks somehow to me, so I have been studying Islam for a while and I love the religion, would love to know more about it. People who have converted to Islam from Christianity should share their experiences, how they dealt with family pressure and backlash. I want to know what I'm getting into before taking that decision. Thanks.

Dear poster, there is no better religion than this ISLAM that you have chosen and i pray ALLAH makes it easy for you. Its obvious that this platform may not the best for seeking the knowledge that you desire and its quite saddening to hear people mix religion with sentiments in this 21st century. As youths, there are so many materials both offline and online, past and present that we can read to broaden our knowledge and clear our doubts. I'm embarrassed that people with sane minds can actually put some things up there just because you hate some people who claim they practice the religion. Well, talk is cheap. My advice to the poster is to get close to reputable Islamic clerics in his neighborhood in order to know more about the religion. Please, you don't need to rush. One step at a time. I am not saying it will be easy but I have no doubt that you'll finally see the light. May Allah ease your affairs and make the religion easy for you. Ameen

2 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Origin(f): 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
kngblacq:

@ OP, religion is a journey.
First you learn, Understand then start to act on it.

Try not to overburden yourself and set your own pace.

My personal experience:
Learning the Quran and hadith leaves less room for conjectures and makes life easier.

(there is a difference between Islamic dress and Arab dressing) (the compulsory aspects are few and easy- it is actually people who overburden themselves in matters of religion)

That is how we used to do is not a basis for religious matters.
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by nittroboy(m): 6:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
Allah
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by ajuji1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rashduct4luv:
I hope you could gain one or things in this Q and A.

I am a young Christian woman and I have been reading about Islam for some months now. I have already read a translation of the Koran and several books about Islam along with articles and other material I have found on the internet and elsewhere. I do not pretend to know or understand everything, there are many things that still confuse me, and I have a hard time accepting some applications and interpretations of Islam that I have read about. However, I do believe in God and I do believe that Muhammad was his prophet and that the Koran is the revealed word of God.
The question is what should I do about it? As I said there are still so many things that I do not know or understand and this is a major decision I am trying to make and to tell the truth it feels like an enormous responsibility and it is quite frightening. What worries me the most is that I don't know how well I could live by Islam if I converted. I have already changed some things in my life, I have stopped drinking, I avoid pork and I try to wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants (or skirts) when I go out. But I also know that there are some things I would not be able to do immediately if I converted, for various reasons, (at least that is the way it looks to me at this moment), such as wearing hijab.
Also, I am currently studying abroad (in the US, but I am from Europe) but I am going home to my family over Christmas. I don't think I would be able to tell my family right away if I converted and thus I do not know if I could do things such as pray all the five daily prayers, fast or avoid pork while at home over Christmas.
Would it be wrong of me converting knowing that I will not be able to fulfill all the obligations that follow (at least not immediately), and knowing that there are still many issues that I do not understand or have a hard time accepting wholeheartedly (due to lack of understanding and knowledge . Please guide me .

Published Date: 1998-11-17

Praise be to Allaah.

What you have achieved in your quest for the truth is great indeed. All that remains to be done is the most important step you will ever take in your life, which is to pronounce the Shahaadatayn and enter Islam. We truly appreciate the great efforts you have made by reading the entire Qur’aan in translation, and other books and articles about Islam, and also by already giving up some haraam things such as drinking wine and eating pork.

The most important thing that you have achieved is your conviction about Islam, the Prophet of Islam and the Book of Islam. From your question we can sum up the obstacles that you face in two points:

1. some social embarrassment
2. some matters that you do not yet fully understand.

With regard to the second point, it is not a condition for becoming Muslim that a person should know the entire religion, because it is a vast ocean. You can become Muslim and then learn the religion and develop full conviction about all the rulings of Islam.

At the beginning, it is sufficient to believe in the six pillars of faith in general terms (belief in Allaah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Last Day and predestination, both good and bad) and to understand and accept in general terms the five pillars of Islam (testifying that there is no god but Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah, prayer, paying zakaah, fasting in Ramadaan, and performing Hajj to the sacred House of Allaah, for the one who is able and has the means). Realize that knowledge and conviction develop gradually, and that faith increases by doing acts of worship and obedience to Allaah, which in turn leads to a deeper understanding and acceptance of the rulings of Islam.

With regard to the first point, we are sure that if you enter Islam and are sincere towards Allaah and do righteous deeds, then Allaah will give you the strength, steadfastness, courage and certainty to face all difficulties and overcome them. The experience of other women who have become Muslim before you gives you a good example of what you could be able to do in the future as regards following the rules of Islam, such as hijaab and other issues, despite being surrounded by an overwhelming atmosphere of kufr (disbelief). We also say that if any woman were to ask us whether she should become Muslim despite not wearing full hijab or stay a kaafir, we would definitely tell her to become Muslim, because the seriousness and danger of remaining a kaafir is far worse than being a Muslim but committing a sin.
We understand totally the difficulties and social embarrassment that you speak of, and we know that going against one’s family and the society in which one lives are very difficult matters, but Allaah makes every difficult thing easy.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“… And Allaah is the Wali (Protector and Helper) of the believers.” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:68]

“…And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).” [al-Talaaq 65:2]

“… Allaah will grant after hardship, ease.” [al-Talaaq 65:7]

“As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our Paths (i.e., Allaah’s Religion – Islamic Monotheism)…” [al-‘Ankaboot 29:69]

We also want to tell you that it is possible for a person, if he becomes Muslim and fears unbearable persecution or hardship, to conceal his Islam and keep it a secret, hiding his acts of worship from the people around him although it is difficult to do so. But for the sake of following the truth and saving oneself from the punishment of Hellfire, everything becomes easy and the believer can overcome all difficulties.
Finally, we can only thank you for the efforts you have made and for sending this question. We hope that the next step, which you should take immediately, is abundantly clear to you from our answer. We will be very happy to help you with anything you may need in the future, and we ask Allaah to guide you to the path of truth, to help you and to make things easy for you. Allaah is the Guide to the Straight Path.

Islam Q&A

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

As Salamu alaiki (peace be upon you)
Please sister, I am just recommending a book for you is very important if you can get it. the book title is "Why Women Are Accepting Islam"
Bissalam

3 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by 2016easy2017: 7:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
OboOlora:
Do people really convert to Islam? Thought people only see the light...

Meanwhile Mod, why do I have to swear an oath to comment on a Muslim post but nobody asks me any question on a Christian post?
because xtianity is a religion of junks . free for all evil(homosexuality, gambling, fornication, embezzlement etc. you only need give 10%of your earning monthly and accept an obvious false that " Jesus is your lord and savior". so the gate is always free

1 Like

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by 2016easy2017: 7:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:
I respect my Muslim friends so much so no comment.

@op, go through the content posted on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4226068/reminder-ruling-congratulating-non-muslim & ask yourself if you think you've made the right choice. The thread is on front page but its about turning Christians to your enemies just because you are a Muslim. Are you ready to turn your Christians father, mother, & other relatives to your enemies after that you've converted fully to Islam? I laughed at your mumurity grin grin grin
exactly what Christianity is all about. deception. ends justifies the means. you deceptively misrepresented the answer. i was born a xtian and i was best to my xtian parents as Islam thought mandatory of me. the accepted is lam at on their death bed just for thse. so she's gonna be good to her parents till they fully accept her
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by 2016easy2017: 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
AnonymousIP:
WHAT OF BOKO HARAM and the Teaching ... If Fulani Headsmen are Muslims and they Kill their brothers and sisters , likewise BOKO HARAM ...
MUSLIM .. I QUIT
the herdsmen are not fulani but mbororo and others. they know almost nothing about islam just as for jews and christians who did same. google these names and read about them. then tell me if they are muslims;
Enoch Brown
Joseph Semmes
Student Matthew Ward
George W. Longfelt
Frank Pope
13-year-old Arthur Day
Thomas McGiffin
Stephen Paddock
Chris Foote
Thomas Squires
Seung-Hui Cho
Adam Lanza
Devin Patrick Kelley just tomension a few. i could go on and on for eternity. these are the devils in the midst of a religion just like in islam too
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by ChinagoChiBoy: 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
Whoaw!
for me it was really a mixed xprience.
Coming from a Christian family and groomed as a christian. In an place where Islam as a religion was hated with passion and in a time Bokoharam Mantra has soiled d true identity of the Deen.
But i was undaunting because i know what i was getting into, it was a well thought out decision and personal choice. No body preached Islam to me, it was through research and comparative studies that The Almighty Led me to the Path of his TRUE-RELIGION.
and as lover of truth i can't resist it because of what people would say. Three years down the line now, i have lost many Friends who hated me for my choice of religion, but now i have made many more friends who love me for who i am.
RELIGION FOR ME IS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ONE AND HIS CREATOR(GOD).
So dear dont let people intrude into this relationship

3 Likes

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by 2016easy2017: 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
MrDude:
I conclude without no basis for a second thought that any sane human who crosses over to Islam is either mentally unstable or..... mentally unstable angry
u hav been programmed same as those who persecuted the disciples of christ were programmed back them
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by 2016easy2017: 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
HajimeSaito:

can u let me hav ur phone no pls
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by 2016easy2017: 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
HajimeSaito:

apart from King Solomom whom GOD used to proof the wealth belongs to HIM, name aprophet and his disciples who were not financially retched.
Jesus was born to a poor family in a poor state and grew up in poverty and kept telling everybody that the kongdon he serves is not of this world.why then do you be a christian.
Abraham was poor
Moses was poor
you just name them.
as for the story you narated,i dont think you should ever have a bibble which has far worst things.;
GE 38:9 "... whenever he lay with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother.
NU 31:17-18 Moses, following the Lord's command, orders the Israelites to kill all the Midianite male children and "... every woman who has known man
NU 31:31-40 32,000 virgins are taken by the Israelites as booty. Thirty-two are set aside (to be sacrificed?) as a tribute for the Lord.
DT 20:13-14 "When the Lord delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the males .... As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves."
DT 21:10-13 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites are allowed to take "beautiful women" from the enemy camp to be their captive wives. If, after sexual relations, the husband has "no delight" in his wife, he can simply let her go.
JG 21:10-12 "... Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and; also the women and little ones.... every male and every woman that has lain with a male you shall utterly destroy." They do so and find four hundred young virgins whom they bring back for their own use.
Women's vaginas taste like "wine" (Song of Songs 7:1-4, 8-9)
The Bible in Leviticus 20:21 allows for parents to marry their children
Song of Songs 4:5 "Your two breasts are like two fawns, like twin fawns of a gazelle that browse among the lilies."
Song of Songs 4:9 "You have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace."
Then went Samson to Gaza, and saw there an harlot, and went in unto her. – Bible : Judges (16) : 1.
And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. – Bible : Genesis (19) : 33 – 36.
And it came to pass, when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father’s concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sons of Jacob were twelve. – Bible : Genesis (35) : 22.
So they spread Absalom a tent upon the top of the house; and Absalom went in unto his father’s concubines in the sight of all Israel. – Bible : 2 Samuel (16) : 22.
i could go on and on

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by jokolo282(m): 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
alhamdulilah
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Abdullnimo(m): 5:40am On Dec 16, 2017
phayvoursky:
IT DOESNT DEPEND ON YOUR RELIGION. IT DEPENDS ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. BEEN A CHRISTIAN OR MUSLIM DOESNT QUALIFY YOU TO HEAVEN. FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENT THAT IS THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN.

AND @ SEUN. WHY DO I HAVE TO BELIEVE IN ALLAH BEFORE I COMMENT ON THIS THREAD. YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN THIS.
Jesus bowed down with his face to pray to pray to God. Take note brothers

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Abdullnimo(m): 5:52am On Dec 16, 2017
Damtol22:

kudos to you bro.....love ur write up.....dat fool dat wanted to convert to a Muslim.....she made mention dat she can't be going to church... so is she d one dat will b doing 5hours prayer with Muslim??...may God forgive her....beta tink well
i have something for you all. See pictures

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Abdullnimo(m): 5:56am On Dec 16, 2017
DeadRat:
Converting From Christianity To Islam Is Something I Dont Understand...

Well Op, guess What... Wrong Road...
See to this plss and ask your self if you are really in the right religion

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Abdullnimo(m): 5:59am On Dec 16, 2017
mmsen:

No one would convert to any religion as a mentally sound adult.

It is only children and the mentally frail who could be convinced of one fairy tale or another.
My brother even Jesus himself is a Muslim

1 Like

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Sureshegsy(m): 6:26am On Dec 16, 2017
AnonymousIP:
WHAT OF BOKO HARAM and the Teaching ... If Fulani Headsmen are Muslims and they Kill their brothers and sisters , likewise BOKO HARAM ...
MUSLIM .. I QUIT
They found their evidence in the bible Luke 19vs27,1samuel15vs3,mattew 23vs23
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Sureshegsy(m): 6:30am On Dec 16, 2017
kayodekb:

THAT MEANS YOU ARE A FOOL WHO HAS NEVER BEEN TO A CHRISTIAN DOMINATED AREA... CAN'T IMAGINE AM EVEN WASTING MY TIME ARGUING WITH THIS IDIOT
So u mean every Christians are rich?? I can u have very low reasoning faculty I did not have u to blame when Christianity have turn to business

1 Like

Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Sureshegsy(m): 6:44am On Dec 16, 2017
just tell me where in the bible did Jesus or God said dancing and clapping is d means of worshiping him or where did Jesus call his deciples christians
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by codesport(m): 7:26am On Dec 16, 2017
mide14:
(@kngblacq, I'm a guy who comes from a Christian home but don't really like Christianity, going to church is like a punishment for me because everything they do there looks somehow to me, so I have been studying Islam for a while and I love the religion, would love to know more about it. People who have converted to Islam from Christianity should share their experiences, how they dealt with family pressure and backlash. I want to know what I'm getting into before taking that decision. Thanks.)

I rarely post in here I must say, @kngblacq, I was a Muslim from this lifetime birth for more than 32years and I was a very religious follower and worshipper of Islam. I fasted the 30days religiously, I even gave myself voluntary fast, I prayed beyond 5times daily, I woke midnight to pray, I bought spiritual books and did 20rakats(do u know what that means, u stand and bow and put your head to the ground while reciting verses in a certain way 20times middle of the night), I dragged the rosary 1000times and called out to allah and his mohammed severally... I was even tagged as malimat from my family. I went from Nasfat to other branches seeking more knowledge and knowing God. My mother and siblings did not understand my deep faith and extent of worship. All through this I always avoided arguing with Christians and Muslims on which religion is the way. I respected each religion to their own beliefs.

Unforseen events happened around my life and I found Lord Jesus Christ. The truth is I initially met and was introduced to Christianity by some not so deep believers but I accepted Christianity with the notation most people have, God is God its just the method of approach that is different. I went into Christianity with my faith of the belief in God.... But still held on to allah.

Jesus Christ is merciful, Jesus Christ is forgiving, Jesus Christ is the king of Kings and Lord of Lords, He His gentle but when you anger Him I cannot on my own even speak what is anger is.
God the Father saved me, he delivered me and he told me "He His the One true God and he has chosen Jesus Christ as the one and only way". I got this revelation lots of months ago and I must say each and every day of my life as been a testimony.

@kngblacq, u ask of how the christian family will take it as to when a Christian leaves to Islam.

Here is my experience, since I became a Muslim, I took my time before telling my family as I wanted to be sure of what was happening besides I never thought this was gonna happen to me in my life. As I speak to you now, the so called Islamic family of mine that claim they are a religion of peace have sworn they would rather have me dead than see me become a Christian. They have banned me from the house, none of my siblings talk to me and I have been told to my face they are working to kill themselves and not me....

Am I worried? No.
Why? God the Father promised me this:

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life."
Am I to count the amount of accidents, house hold injuries and all since this declaration of this?!!!
No. Jesus Christ my saviour and my God is a keeper of His word and He Loves me....

I denounce every nonsense Nairaland and its associate made me to pledge before posting in here either spiritually or physically in Jesus name. Amen

Jesus Christ is my lord and my saviour..... I ask Christians to stand up and believe not in Luke warm spirit but in a hot and powerful spirit in Jesus Christ and the world and their lives will be wonderful.

Thank you Jesus Christ..... All Praise and Adoration belongs to you and only you.
It's crystal clear you never practised Islam as claimed, because in Islam there is nothing like praying more than 5 times daily. Also from your views and analysis it's also clear you were one of the Bidiah peeps who leaves the doctrines and teachings of the holy prophet Muhammad(SAW) and move from one ignorant Sheik to another seeking for what's not in Islam...... And to ur families, it's a pity they resolved to threatening you because they failed to bring you up in the right way, "God forbid" I'm seeing many of your siblings to follow ur path soon if your parents still failed in their duty. FYI......the Op's case is far better because he/she is seeking to know Allah before worshipping him.
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by tk003(m): 8:22am On Dec 16, 2017
" read, in the name of your Lord who has created "
D above verse was part of d first verse that was sent down in the holy Quran.

Part of it meaning is to study, investigate for ur self with open mind, and by the will of God you will come to understand that God is one.

Here is qoute from a Muslim convert:

'D day I found Islam, I found in me strength that nothing can ever take away'
- Muhammad Ali.
Re: If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience by Doskit(m): 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2017
Alhamdulillah. I'm glad to be a Muslim.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh / Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies / Shocking Reason Why Muslims Don't Condemn Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.