Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them (5244 Views)

Children Of Nigerian Politicians Boarding Presidential Plane / Why Is Rev Fr. Mbaka Silent On These Killings And Ills Of This Government? / The First Set Of Nigerian Army Pilots To Fly War Planes (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by anonimi: 4:34am On Dec 11, 2017
9jaDoc:
(I actually think it should be "Most times..." not "Sometimes..."wink

But Trump had to pardon him. In 9ja the case will likely never be brought or simply disappear

See, the thing is that 9ja is not progressing towards eradication of any ills. In all the examples u gave there was a clear path of gradual progress. In 9ja folks are more corrupt today than they were yesterday and in almost all aspects there is gradual deterioration not improvement

I have to conclude that you are not engaged in this discussion with a desire to contribute to the progress of our country.
As a result, I am obliged to discontinue further engagement with you on this.
Time na money.
Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lf3U4LSErM

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by anonimi: 4:37am On Dec 11, 2017
9jaDoc:
Buhari said: "In a raid conducted by security agents on the resident of a Federal High Court judge recently, they found in his possession four diplomatic passports, huge amount of hard currency and other incriminating documents bordering on economic crime, and these are the same people empowered by constitution to dispense justice on saboteurs.''

How is the above a response to the unambiguous question asked, which you quoted below

trillville:

How can a person have multiple BVNs? It works with our finger prints, doesn't it? Hmm, I'll ask my banker friends about this.

It is becoming even more obvious that you are simply trolling and I wasted my time taking you serious.
Anyway sha, hopefully others would have benefited from our discussion here.
Cheers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by orisa37: 4:51am On Dec 11, 2017
That's to say, Nigeria is a Place to politicise Corruption.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by anonimi: 4:56am On Dec 11, 2017
9jaDoc:
Or maybe we should think outside the box. Like scrapping the whole Nigeria thing and replacing it with units most members would be proud of, and patriotic about.

Barawo bubu promised that in 2011. He has been in power for almost three years with majority in both chambers of NASS and the 36 states yet no constitutional amendment to restructure the country.
Atiku is also promising the same now that he is trying again to be president.
Even Tambuwal who in the HoR for many years and Speaker but did nothing is now talking of restructuring as he imagines himself as a potential replacement for their All Poverty Congress, APC in case barawo bubu decides not to run in 2019.
Clearly, restructuring is the carrot offered by the Fulani owners of naijeriya to the gullible southerners for their 25% votes needed to secure their tenancy of Aso Rock.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2593131_capture20150516070937_jpeg0e2b405458ec0cf013c5152373f19a5e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2343594_buharitruefederalismpromise_jpegc85970dabfc1bf2df5d730398a429913

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 5:00am On Dec 11, 2017
anonimi:

How is the above a response to the unambiguous question asked, which you quoted below

It is becoming even more obvious that you are simply trolling and I wasted my time taking you serious.
Anyway sha, hopefully others would have benefited from our discussion here.
Cheers.

Well, it doesn't take much imagination to see that a country where u can obtain FOUR DIPLOMATIC passports you can also obtain bvn's. You get it now?
Or is it still confusing to u?
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by anonimi: 5:05am On Dec 11, 2017
9jaDoc:
Well, it doesn't take much imagination to see that a country where u can obtain FOUR DIPLOMATIC passports you can also obtain bvn's. You get it now?
Or is it still confusing to u?

Not confusing to me.
A specific question was asked. A specific answer was required. You did not provide the specific answer required.
Straightforward, innit
Do you need fingerprint inside your diplomatic passport? Are diplomatic passports uniquely assigned to individual fingerprints?
Stop playing games that show you are just as corrupt and full of the ills you listed in your OP. It makes sense that you don't see how they can be corrected since you are part and parcel of the problem.
Cheers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3504410_internet_jpeg8efe841e125b21f5a740dc528a146d09

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 5:10am On Dec 11, 2017
anonimi:

I have to conclude that you are not engaged in this discussion with a desire to contribute to the progress of our country.
As a result, I am obliged to discontinue further engagement with you on this.
Time na money.
Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?nov=7Lf3U4LSErM

Oh I knew this thread would have minimal impact towards solving 9ja ills.
It is a discussion/idea-swapping/entertainment thing with no illusions that it will eradicate the ills of the country.
I hope that's not too much for u to wrap your mind around.

**enjoyed listening to the song. Thanks
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 5:17am On Dec 11, 2017
orisa37:
That's to say, Nigeria is a Place to politicise Corruption.
More like a place to corruptionise politicians!

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 5:26am On Dec 11, 2017
anonimi:

Barawo bubu promised that in 2011. He has been in power for almost three years with majority in both chambers of NASS and the 36 states yet no constitutional amendment to restructure the country.
Atiku is also promising the same now that he is trying again to be president.
Even Tambuwal who in the HoR for many years and Speaker but did nothing is now talking of restructuring as he imagines himself as a potential replacement for their All Poverty Congress, APC in case barawo bubu decides not to run in 2019.
Clearly, restructuring is the carrot offered by the Fulani owners of naijeriya to the gullible southerners for their 25% votes needed to secure their tenancy of Aso Rock.

Admirable how u pay attention to these things. You must be close to politics. I suspect they need to be really pushed to keep that particular promise.

** lol at cartoon. Funny but quite accurate

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 5:37am On Dec 11, 2017
anonimi:

Not confusing to me.
A specific question was asked. A specific answer was required. You did not provide the specific answer required.
Straightforward, innit
Do you need fingerprint inside your diplomatic passport? Are diplomatic passports uniquely assigned to individual fingerprints?
Stop playing games that show you are just as corrupt and full of the ills you listed in your OP. It makes sense that you don't see how they can be corrected since you are part and parcel of the problem.
Cheers.

Ok it is still confusing to u. Let me put it this way: your finger print is not checked when u present a bvn for a transaction. Just as u can obtain 4 passports so can u obtain 4 bvn's. Get it now? Or still confusing?
** By the way I was among the very first to obtain a bvn. I obtained it from access bank with no fingerprint whatsoever
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 6:14am On Dec 11, 2017
Returnee:Women Had Uterine Prolapse In Libya Connection House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H6guDvb__4
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by anonimi: 6:15am On Dec 11, 2017
9jaDoc:
Admirable how u pay attention to these things. You must be close to politics. I suspect they need to be really pushed to keep that particular promise.

** lol at cartoon. Funny but quite accurate

Who will do the pushing
The politicians who benefit from the current arrangement or the people who feel disenfranchised?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3626665_hilarious_jpeg1ecdcdffc482a4c4b104159dc2f70be2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3929046_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 6:23am On Dec 11, 2017
WHAT A COUNTRY!!

SARS Detain Man For 5 Days After He Got Picked Up When He Went Out To Buy Water

(Note bolded)

The lawlessness in Nigeria is alarming and I for once is sick of it. I am inclined to second the notion of Nnamdi Kalu and even go as much as applauding him for calling Nigeria a ZOO. This is not a banana republic and yet everything we do points to same. How can SARS arrogate themselves as god in this country?

An ailing father of two simply, Mr. Rease Ogundipe Sedenu left his house at around 10:00pm on Wednesday to get bottle of water for his medication when he got picked up by SARS and for days, his daughters aged, 8 and 6 were left to starve.

Ogundipe’s family and friends launched a search for him when he didn’t return and he was found in Ikoyi prison
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 6:28am On Dec 11, 2017
anonimi:

Who will do the pushing
The politicians who benefit from the current arrangement or the people who feel disenfranchised?

**lol Funny cartoon
Good point. What saves them from mass revolt is that 9jas have the option of leaving and many are outside and remitting money
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by anonimi: 6:38am On Dec 11, 2017
9jaDoc:
**lol Funny cartoon
Good point. What saves them from mass revolt is that 9jas have the option of leaving and many are outside and remitting money

Leaving to become voluntary second class or even third class citizens of countries that are cold in terms of weather and even in terms of interpersonal relationships? At the risk of losing their lives brutally in the Sahara desert, Libya or the Mediterranean Sea?
As Bob Marley said- in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty. There is so much opportunity here in Nigeria/Africa but we must all contribute to the mass EVOLUTION through sensitisation and individual discipline as an example to others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKvB3WsVd60

1 Like

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 6:38am On Dec 11, 2017
WHAT A COUNTRY!!

(Note bolded)

Imo State Commisioner for Youth and Sports Robbed By SARS

TODAY 10th December I and my sports colleague travelling to Lagos for AG meeting of the Nigeria Cricket Federation was robbed by these so called SARS officers along Asaba to Benin expressway. The CP of Edo should look into this matter and find this group of police officers who continue to disgrace the police force. For 2hrs we were held hostage with handcuffs not minding that I identified myself as a Commissioner in Imo State. Every money found on us and in our bags were taken, my wrist watch was taken, my pepper spray was taken, other valuables were taken too. So many times during this ordeal guns were corked and we were told that they will shoot us dead and nothing will happen. Our Phones were taken away from us, so that we can't make any call, the place was so lonely and they forced us to park where their hidden car was parked. A brown Camry written police by the two sides of it. From that point were we are, you will not see a passing car approach till it vooms past. You will imagine when they eventually told us to go and I reminded the one they were calling commander that we had no other money with us, the six of them started debating how much should be given to us, after about 10minutes one brought 3,500 out of over 40,000 they took. As we were still with the one who brought the money, another officer came with an extra 1,500 and added. We were now been forced to drive off. Even when we noticed that oil was dropping from our car and wanted to check. They refused and told us to go to somewhere else and do the repairs. If at my level and status, I got such treatment, I wonder what our innocent citizens are seeing out there. IG Sir, pls some of these bad eggs should be carefully removed from the Police force to bring sanity. Nigeria must be better.

**The commissioner

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 6:44am On Dec 11, 2017
anonimi:

Leaving to become voluntary second class or even third class citizens of countries that are cold in terms of weather and even in terms of interpersonal relationships? At the risk of losing their lives brutally in the Sahara desert, Libya or the Mediterranean Sea?
As Bob Marley said- in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty. There is so much opportunity here in Nigeria/Africa but we must all contribute to the mass EVOLUTION through sensitisation and individual discipline as an example to others.

** I love Bob Marley music

But that movement distracts them enough to keep them from thinking of revolting against the politicians. If they had no way out the story would be very different
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by orisa37: 7:37am On Dec 11, 2017
Abacha created the present 36 State Structures.
We must all put PRESSURE on Buhari and the NASS to grant Full Autonomy to the States for:-
Resource Control,
Police Control and
Election Control.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 7:57am On Dec 11, 2017
anonimi you blame girl who chooses to avoid this?

Guy Shares Screenshot Of N30k Bribe He Paid To A Policeman's Account In Ibadan

Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 8:03am On Dec 11, 2017
orisa37:
Abacha created the present 36 State Structures.
We must all put PRESSURE on Buhari and the NASS to grant Full Autonomy to the States for:-
Resource Control,
Police Control and
Election Control.

But how do we solve rampant corruption and people hating the country - as opposed to other places where people r willing to die for their country
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 8:12am On Dec 11, 2017
6 Female Kidnappers Who Steal Children From Churches Arrested In Imo.

The Imo State Police Command has arrested a six-woman-child-trafficking gang who specialize in stealing children from churches and selling to prospective clients...
it was gathered that leader of the gang, 32-year-old Nnenna Njoku uses her 10-year-old daughter, Chinecherem Onyejiaka, to lure children out of churches and homes...

The leader of the gang, Nnenna Njoku who confessed to being a divorcee and mother of five children, revealed that she made N380,000 from the sale of the three children to Eboka, an indigene of Delta state, who she met at different meeting points in Anambra State, who sold them to waiting buyers.

The second buyer, Ogbueri (45) from Orlu in Imo State,confessed that she bought two children from Eboka for N600,000 each, while she sold them at N750,000 to Dike (60), and another buyer who was at large.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 8:31am On Dec 11, 2017
The Truth About Libya Slave Trade - cameroonian Returnee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oAvUtkQ9us
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by orisa37: 8:37am On Dec 11, 2017
We steal from a general purse to add to what is in our purse for our selfish uses. We don't steal from our own purse.
So give the 36 States Full Autonomy or Independence. You will immediately stop large scale corruption and encourage cooperation and a healthy competition.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 2:32am On Dec 12, 2017
orisa37:
We steal from a general purse to add to what is in our purse for our selfish uses. We don't steal from our own purse.
So give the 36 States Full Autonomy or Independence. You will immediately stop large scale corruption and encourage cooperation and a healthy competition.

Meaning what?
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:03am On Dec 12, 2017
Man Beaten To Death By Police Officer

The whole community of Oritamerin in Ona Ara Local Government was thrown into a state of confusion on Monday 11th December, 2017 when the residents of the community woke up to the news of a man allegedly whisked away from his house around 1am to their station and was eventually beaten to death and later dumped at one 'Emilagba' hospital!

The residents of the Local Government have earlier started an online campaign against police extortion in the Local Government on the social media using the hash tag #SaveOnaAra

Efforts to reach the DPO of the police station has been in vain! The residents of the LG are seriously calling for justice for the deceased!
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 6:25am On Dec 13, 2017
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by Caseless: 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2017
9jaDoc:

If u ask me na who I go ask
you know the problem and you don't know the solution? There ain't problems in the first place.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
Caseless:
you know the problem and you don't know the solution? There ain't problems in the first place.

Remember that small list we had from "Nigeria's Richest First Lady". Like play, this developed from it. Lol. It could be considered somewhat tongue-in-cheek though quite accurate.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by Caseless: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
9jaDoc:

Remember that small list we had from "Nigeria's Richest First Lady". Like play, this developed from it. Lol. It could be considered somewhat tongue-in-cheek though quite accurate.
grin grin

Immediately I saw the list, it was reminiscent of a micro-list you had somewhere. This list appear endless though.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
Caseless:
grin grin

Immediately I saw the list, it was reminiscent of a micro-list you had somewhere. This list appear endless though.

Yeah but every place has some problems. Only that the grass always appears greener on the other side. Ask those that came back from Libya
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by Caseless: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
9jaDoc:

Yeah but every place has some problems. Only that the grass always appears greener on the other side. Ask those that came back from Libya
grin grin grin

You sef get bad mouth. Whenever I listen to them reeling out their ordeal and horrible experience, I can't help but laugh at the stupidity of our people.

I die here...

Greener pastures ko, reddish haystack ni.
Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2017
Caseless:
grin grin grin

You sef get bad mouth. Whenever I listen to them reeling out their ordeal and horrible experience, I can't help but laugh at the stupidity of our people.

I die here...

Greener pastures ko, reddish haystack ni.

That's the correct mindset. At least in 9ja u have the priceless advantage of being in your own country, on the ground, settled. Any other place u r "that foreigner" - an outsider with an accent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What The Constituency Of Bukola Saraki Looks Like (pic) / Why Atiku Must Pick This Person As VP If He Wants To Win / 2023 Is Two Southern Southern Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.