Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion (63695 Views)

What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Comparison Of Phone Flashing Softwares / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi's Obituary And Corpse (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by mechanics(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
One of the safety rules in a filling station is not to receive calls and switch off all engines, that's why when people normally scoop fuel and the fuel explode, it must be as a result of a phone call, that's very dangerous, and even the pump attendant was not even security conscious, so unfortunate.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
mechanics:
One of the safety rules in a filling station is not to receive calls and switch off all engines, that's why when people normally scoop fuel and the fuel explode, it must be as a result of a phone call, that's very dangerous, and even the pump attendant was not even security conscious, so unfortunate.
read and upgrade your memory

https://canadasafetycouncil.org/safety-canada-online/article/cell-phones-risks-and-rumour

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/accidents-hazardous-conditions/using-cell-phone-at-gas-pump-make-it-explode.htm

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 9:33pm On Dec 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 9:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
Tonytonex:
STOP DISPLAYING UR FOOLISHNESS. don't wait till it happens to you before you learn. simple safety rules some people don't know. and will boldly come out to argue.
read and upgrade your memory

https://canadasafetycouncil.org/safety-canada-online/article/cell-phones-risks-and-rumour

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/accidents-hazardous-conditions/using-cell-phone-at-gas-pump-make-it-explode.htm

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by 3kay945(m): 9:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Please read the links and stop being a toad.

I am not surprised though as you cannot even differentiate "new" from "knew".

I don't lecture peeps online. It's left for you to find comfort in whatever you wish to believe.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Ranchhoddas: 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
3kay945:

I don't lecture peeps online. It's left for you to find comfort in wherever you wish to believe.

Osheeeee baadddeesst....
Albert Einstein.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Tonytonex(m): 9:37pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
Maezara:
This is absolute bullshit. Your cell phone cannot cause fire at a gas station. It's nothing but an urban legend.

https://www.snopes.com/autos/hazards/gasvapor.asp

www.nydailynews.com/autos/cell-phones-don-pump-fires-experts-article-1.1123228

www.abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=127836&sid=248

If it's true, one is left to wonder why it doesn't happen OFTEN since most people do not obey the warning signs at gas stations---they do not follow the instructions.

It's nothing but a myth. There's no scientific evidence to back it up.
RIP to the woman and all the others. My heart goes out to their family and friends. It's quite tragic.

I was saying the only possible cause of that explosion may be her car if investigated properly!

But the news was talking one thing and another!

We have many educated illiterate here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
Tonytonex:
you should be the one to do that.

You will never learn!

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Is there a science to this?
more like an urban legend!

Nigeria always blame put blame on something then know little !

Read the news again and you will find some loophole in it
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Coldfeets: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2017
Now, that's what I call end time phone call...
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Spaxon(f): 9:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
This is the first I'm hearing of this.

Is there a science to this?

Yes...

The radio waves the phone uses. And the gas are not friendly...

That's all I can tell sire
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 10:01pm On Dec 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by addizzle(f): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
Dafreeguy:

good! so what did scared addizle cook tonight with her Nokia torchlight fone? am famished!
lolz...funny u... Ate just fruits
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Spaxon(f): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
Spaxon:
Oga
I said I wasn't well learned on the topic...

Why this?

Use the above link to Learn! cool

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Dafreeguy(m): 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
addizzle:
lipsrsealed
addizzle:

because u don't wanna cook with phone light on abi ?but fruits cant satisfy u na

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Babanick: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
Most people keep believing this cell phone/gas/fuel rubbish without pointing to a single test or experiment to back it up. Do people really know the amount of electromagnet wave flying around us? The wave from cell phone is not enough to ignite anything else it would have been to dangerous to humans. The most realistic culprit is static electricity and its very common around this period(dry season).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by ipodstinks: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
HtwoOw:
Gas cylinder ignited by phone?

It must be village people
Are you this ignorance? Why do you think receiving call on site is prohibited.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by zikter(m): 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
Quite sad. but this is totally avoidable. I am sure there will be enough safety signage prohibiting the use of phone in such a place. this should serve as a lesson to us all. do not use your phone at a petrol station, let alone a gas station.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by addizzle(f): 10:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
Dafreeguy:
lipsrsealed

because u don't wanna cook with phone light on abi ?but fruits cant satisfy u na
; wink wink..am OK with fruit.. .watching my weight undecided

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Dafreeguy(m): 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
addizzle:
; wink wink..am OK with fruit.. .watching my weight undecided

Oh..I never knew some people still observe a balanced diet.. nice one tho! love ur shape

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 10:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by addizzle(f): 10:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
Dafreeguy:

Oh..I never knew some people still observe a balanced diet.. nice one tho! love ur shape
[color=#000000][Tanks frnd

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Dafreeguy(m): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2017
addizzle:
[color=#990000][/color][color=#000000][Tanks frnd

how can we extend this friendship? u r fun n interesting

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by charlesklaus(m): 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
The rate of this gas explosions triggered by phone cals is just crazy.. May God help us tho
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Dee60: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
It is common knowledge that telephone calls come with sparks and that is why it is forbidden to pick calls when in a filling station. I would think that in a gas station they would insist that phones are switched off before you enter to re-fill. Even in common embassies here they wont let you go in with phones, how much more a gas station!
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Arkyval(m): 10:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
bughead:
which heat!

Your body do produce heat also!

Your phones doesn't produce any spark that can ignite a fuel source

Few months back , Discovery Channel broadcasted an experiemt on same topic.
They put a mobile near the opening on Gas tank and executed several tests.
They found that Petrol vapours coming out from gas tank while filling caught fire only in case where mobile phone received a call/ringing but not while call was already on. Also it did not catch fire where cell was not being used.
It was interesting.

Explanation which they provided was that petrol vapours catch fire more easily than liquid petrol+ Mobile radiation increases multifild when your cell starts ringing.

So they proved there is a possibility. Several conditions like Weather, clothing, different mobile instruments are known to increase the possibility of a fire and if there is a fire ,consequences are very dangerous for ppl around. So why to take that risk. Keep the cell a little farther from Hose.
That urgent call can not be more important then lives of you and ppl around.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by slurity1: 10:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef sad
is it by force to comment?

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2017
Arkyval:

Few months back , Discovery Channel broadcasted an experiemt on same topic.
They put a mobile near the opening on Gas tank and executed several tests.
They found that Petrol vapours coming out from gas tank while filling caught fire only in case where mobile phone received a call/ringing but not while call was already on. Also it did not catch fire where cell was not being used.
It was interesting.

Explanation which they provided was that petrol vapours catch fire more easily than liquid petrol+ Mobile radiation increases multifild when your cell starts ringing.

So they proved there is a possibility. Several conditions like Weather, clothing, different mobile instruments are known to increase the possibility of a fire and if there is a fire ,consequences are very dangerous for ppl around. So why to take that risk. Keep the cell a little farther from Hose.
That urgent call can not be more important then lives of you and ppl around.
probably you didnt watch that TV show well!

https://www.snopes.com/autos/hazards/gasvapor.asp

www.nydailynews.com/autos/cell-phones-don-pump-fires-experts-article-1.1123228

www.abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=127836&sid=248

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image / Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.