Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion (63692 Views)

What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Comparison Of Phone Flashing Softwares / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi's Obituary And Corpse (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2017
Dee60:

It is common knowledge that telephone calls come with sparks and that is why it is forbidden to pick calls when in a filling station. I would think that in a gas station they would insist that phones are switched off before you enter to re-fill. Even in common embassies here they wont let you go in with phones, how much more a gas station!
read and upgrade your memory!

https://www.snopes.com/autos/hazards/gasvapor.asp

www.nydailynews.com/autos/cell-phones-don-pump-fires-experts-article-1.1123228

https://canadasafetycouncil.org/safety-canada-online/article/cell-phones-risks-and-rumour

www.abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=127836&sid=248

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/accidents-hazardous-conditions/using-cell-phone-at-gas-pump-make-it-explode.htm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by stanley095(m): 10:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
T
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by mechanics(m): 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by charlesklaus(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2017
mechanics:
I know what am saying.
what are you saying?

Ever you wonder trying to hold something and it produce one certain sparks that you can visibly see?

And it happens during dry seasons!

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by nanizle(m): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2017
3kay945:

You have Learnt new stuff today.

This is where Google failed you, I guess.

Why don't you do some online research and stop displaying your ignorance with confidence. So annoying.

Do you know how much more deaths would have been recorded if phones normally cause ignition?

PHONES ARE NOT DESIGNED TO CAUSE IGNITION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
nanizle:

Why don't you do some online research and stop displaying your ignorance with confidence. So annoying.

Do you know how much more deaths would have been recorded if phones normally cause ignition?

PHONES ARE NOT DESIGNED TO CAUSE IGNITION.

bro! It's so hard to educate Nigerians!

I have even try my best with multiple links but ignorance keep popping up from no where

3 Likes

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 15, 2017
addizzle:
A friend of mine witnessed it.. .may ur soul rest in peace ma....still using my phone touch ooo in d kitchen... Getting a reachargable tomorrow.. ...

I want to witness you too.

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by nanizle(m): 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
bughead:
why is it so hard to educate Nigerians?

https://canadasafetycouncil.org/safety-canada-online/article/cell-phones-risks-and-rumour

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/accidents-hazardous-conditions/using-cell-phone-at-gas-pump-make-it-explode.htm

I thought I'm the only one that gets so amazed when people display ignorance with such confidence!

How hard is it to do a quick Google search?

Those who believe a phone can normally cause explosions should please visit the above links, read the articles carefully and update your knowledge!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by koolModee: 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2017
Lie from the deepest part of HELL. It’s simply the case of overfilled expired gas cylinder. How does a phone call trigger a gas explosion? How naa? How many times have made calls and had conversations while swapping empty gas bottle for a full one in my kitchen- a trillion x if I recall.

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by nanizle(m): 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2017
Spaxon:

Yes...

The radio waves the phone uses. And the gas are not friendly...

That's all I can tell sire

May I ask where you got this information from?

A science book?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by koolModee: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2017
Yepaaa! This is the dumbest comment I have read this Year just when I thought Rotimi Amechi’s comment asking GEJ to account for monies he nd and his fellow Governors then, spent. Ogajuu! Chai!- “When calls are coming in the DC volts converts to AC volts and that can ignites fire with high inflammable materials“
Ournaija:

It's very possible my friend. Your phone operates with DC volts. When calls are coming in the DC volts converts to AC volts and that can ignites fire with high inflammable materials. Have you ever imagined what makes your phone vibrate when calls are coming? You can try it with your phone by placing it near a petrol and call it with another phone. Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Olu4all: 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
Very simple, phone emits Electromagnetic wave and one of the characteristic of electromagnetic wave is high energy in form of heat, may be during filling of the cylinder there was much accumulation of heat from the phone which collided with the gas molecules leading to the ignition and note electromagnetic wave is invisible. People with little knowledge of physics will understand better.
actrinity:

His question was in order. How can a phone call ignite a cylinder? Is there any electrical connection to the cylinder?

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by jimyjames(m): 11:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
I wonder what the person that called her will be thinking right now, a simple phone call embarassed
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Brushless: 12:00am On Dec 16, 2017
addizzle:
A friend of mine witnessed it.. .may ur soul rest in peace ma....still using my phone touch ooo in d kitchen... Getting a reachargable tomorrow.. ...
Do that, pls. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Brushless: 12:05am On Dec 16, 2017
bennynaza:
Death is our doorstep, some try to avoid it, others just can't get out of its way... The fact that we survive at all is a miracle,

Cos every day we live we face a THOUSAND WAYS TO DIE
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Brushless: 12:06am On Dec 16, 2017
bennynaza:
Death is our doorstep, some try to avoid it, others just can't get out of its way... The fact that we survive at all is a miracle,

Cos every day we live we face a THOUSAND WAYS TO DIE
You nail it.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bobokunlexzy: 12:12am On Dec 16, 2017
Some Nairalanders are funny for their epic comments like "Village people" "itz a lie" etc Dont u guys go to petrol station & see the sign that switch off ur phone here. Phn calls emits radioactive waves & can trigger explosions where there is/are highly inflammable matter

2 Likes

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by earldoyex(m): 2:20am On Dec 16, 2017
*THE TRUTH AND MY OBSERVATION ABOUT OLORI BOLA DEATH*
*Distinguished partners* in Service, Please I'm pleading to us in the name of God the story about false story *RTN OLORI OPEYEMI* death wasn't the truth, spreading rumors that she was receiving *phone call* very close to the gas feeling station, that got her car burnt and her phone it's a very wrong news nothing was wrong with her car, presently at the *Estate police station Oshogbo* likewise her phones was in good woeking condition with over 71 missed calls on it after the ugly incident. So please lets help end the rumors about her death, because no one knows the cause of the sudden fire that sparked out.
*MY OBSERVATION DURING THE CANDLE NIGHT*
We noticed her boss at work is an *evil being* despite *Rtn Olori Bola* was his deputy Director at work, Rotaractor, Rotarians and other well wishers all moved from her work place *@ O' Ambulance* it came to our surprise that none of their staff followed us for the candle night process *( acting to the instruction from their boss)* which means something is wrong and her boss which was the Director of Osun Ambulance (O Ambulance) command all staffs not to attend her funeral too *SO HEARTLESS* what a wicked world. We all know the culprit behind this will be exposed soon and perish And we pray that almighty God will accept her and be in his right hand.
*FINALLY* Let's pray for the last woman on sick bed that was a victim of this incident that almighty God should spare her life and the baby inside her, and I pray that almighty God will be with us all and we shall never mourn over anyone one of us again. Thanks and God bless (Amen).
*Pls RBC*

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by seguno2: 2:57am On Dec 16, 2017
AuroraB:
Be like Charcoal is the way to go now shocked shocked shocked shocked sad

Going backwards is not the way to manage new technology.
Reviewing safety issues and reconfiguring gas supply is the way to go.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by tee4naija(m): 4:09am On Dec 16, 2017
HtwoOw:
Gas cylinder ignited by phone?

It must be village people
Ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by ajl: 4:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Nigerians need to be educated on places where one dare not use a cell phone because doing so put ones and other lives at risk. These include any location where a flammable material or product is stored or being sold. Among these are gas or petrol station, natural gas sales outlet, and others. Go on YouTube and view result of such fatal decision. In fact if you want to become more aware about safety and risks related to things we take for granted, you will learn some lessons here as someone some where learned the hard way.

I am sure the location where the accident occurred does not have the required safety warning signs.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by dayveed24: 5:41am On Dec 16, 2017
1000 ways to die.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by pressplay411(m): 6:27am On Dec 16, 2017
HtwoOw:
Gas cylinder ignited by phone?

It must be village people

Iya Oshogbo and Yeye Osun looking at her like who made you president where we dey?
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 6:31am On Dec 16, 2017
Olu4all:
Very simple, phone emits Electromagnetic wave and one of the characteristic of electromagnetic wave is high energy in form of heat, may be during filling of the cylinder there was much accumulation of heat from the phone which collided with the gas molecules leading to the ignition and note electromagnetic wave is invisible. People with little knowledge of physics will understand better.
if you can read this you are on step closer to intelligent

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 6:32am On Dec 16, 2017
bobokunlexzy:
Some Nairalanders are funny for their epic comments like "Village people" "itz a lie" etc Dont u guys go to petrol station & see the sign that switch off ur phone here. Phn calls emits radioactive waves & can trigger explosions where there is/are highly inflammable matter
read this and upgrade your memory!

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 6:32am On Dec 16, 2017
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 6:34am On Dec 16, 2017
ajl:
Nigerians need to be educated on places where one dare not use a cell phone because doing so put ones and other lives at risk. These include any location where a flammable material or product is stored or being sold. Among these are gas or petrol station, natural gas sales outlet, and others. Go on YouTube and view result of such fatal decision. In fact if you want to become more aware about safety and risks related to things we take for granted, you will learn some lessons here as someone some where learned the hard way.

I am sure the location where the accident occurred does not have the required safety warning signs.
rather you need to be educated!

Most video you see at YouTube are fake!

By the way! Read this to upgrade your memory

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by jayloms: 6:57am On Dec 16, 2017
God rest her soul
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by addizzle(f): 7:14am On Dec 16, 2017
MrIjapa:

I want to witness you too.
i hear u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image / Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.