Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,315 members, 7,829,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion (63687 Views)

What Type Of Phone Are You Using At The Moment? / Comparison Of Phone Flashing Softwares / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi's Obituary And Corpse (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bobokunlexzy: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2017
bughead:
knowledge is profitable thou!
Aiit. 10q
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by CioAngels(f): 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2017
dingbang:
People dont adhere to simple safety instructions...
Especially we Nigerians. Very difficult people to deal with.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by CioAngels(f): 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2017
The problem with we Nigerians is that we never learn from others. I just hope we learn from Opeyemi. Rest in peace my beautiful lady.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by 3kay945(m): 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2017
nanizle:

Why don't you do some online research and stop displaying your ignorance with confidence. So annoying.

Do you know how much more deaths would have been recorded if phones normally cause ignition?

PHONES ARE NOT DESIGNED TO CAUSE IGNITION.

I don't need Google for this bro, except you can give superior argument why there was explosion immediately the lady (now deceased) tried picking the call.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by 3kay945(m): 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
maasoap:

Google failed him? But all these myths helped you, right? The same Grace Gas where they use metal to hit gas cylinder that was leaking gas!

I really don't get you, maybe you can explain better. Or you mean "heating of leaking gas cylinder? "
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by nanizle(m): 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
3kay945:

I don't need Google for this bro, except you can give superior argument why there was explosion immediately the lady (now deceased) tried picking the call.

Is it possible that there was another source of ignition in the general area?
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by Troublemaker007(m): 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by 3kay945(m): 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2017
nanizle:

Is it possible that there was another source of ignition in the general area?

It is not a must you accept my side of this story. Cos I used to think same like you regards to this issue, there were other people at the scene that got burnt too but liveth. They would have mention other source of ignition.
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by bughead: 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2017
Troublemaker007:

Perhaps ur parents needs to read and upgrade theirs before telling others outside
cool

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by maasoap(m): 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2017
3kay945:

I really don't get you, maybe you can explain better. Or you mean "heating of leaking gas cylinder? "
A customer went there to buy gas. After filling up the cylinder, they discovered that his cylinder was leaking the gas. In their attempt to help the customer close the tiny hole on the cylinder, they started HITTING the cylinder with another metal (like steel hammer head instead of wooden hammer head).
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by HtwoOw: 8:02am On Dec 17, 2017
Yourvillagepipu:
do you want us to follow you too?

Abeg ah nee Dan dey beg una, no follow follow abeg grin
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by HtwoOw: 8:08am On Dec 17, 2017
pressplay411:

Iya Oshogbo and Yeye Osun looking at her like who made you president where we dey?

May God forgive U
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by HtwoOw: 8:14am On Dec 17, 2017
nextstep:

You're given a perfectly valid scientific sequence of events, and off you go dragging in the spiritual.

For the same reason we're advised not to get in/out of the car while pumping gas, or smoke cigarettes at the pump, etc..

In dryer climates, you can generate static electricity by motion (cloth rubbing on body), which is then discharged upon contact with a metal object, like a car or pump. The discharge causes a spark which can ignite the fumes of gas or petrol. She might have accidentally caused some static discharge (though I don't know what the phone had to do with it). It doesn't happen too often, but as you can see, it does happen.

It's unfortunate it happened (RIP to her), and in saner countries, there'd be an investigation into the leakage.

I read about static charges a while back ,I know it's rare but it's real, my comment was a comic relief to make people laugh not to mock the victim and I'm replying you because you didn't insult me thanks
Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by HtwoOw: 8:15am On Dec 17, 2017
McPerry:

You can try it if you don't believe na...

Some ladies still owe me punnanies, I'd rather stick to not trying at all grin

1 Like

Re: Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion by McPerry(f): 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2017
HtwoOw:

Some ladies still owe me punnanies, I'd rather stick to not trying at all grin

Lol...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tiktok Bans ‘legging Legs’ Trend Amid Concerns Over Body Image / Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.