Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians (61960 Views)

More Reactions From Nigerians As Buhari Says "Edo Central" While He's In Ondo / Reactions From Nigerians As NLC Calls Off Strike / Patience Jonathan's Christmas Dress Compared To A Fowl (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by deomelo: 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
9jakohai:

1.Our leaders past do leave some legacies. I think IBB was bad...but he did something good called DFFRI and NDE...the latter which continues to help Nigerians today. Also set up the FRSC and NDLEA. Abacha was a dictator...but the failed banks tribunal he set up restored some sanity into our banking sector after the messy scenes in the early 1990's.

However, Nigeria can be strong only via industries...and that is why i don't think most of our leaders are good.

2.Jona borrowed..yes. He was a bad fiscal manager. He also had this problem. Nigeria needs oil to be at $123 per barrel to balance the books. While oil was above $100 from 2011-14..it never stayed above $120. Then if he had been able to deregulate back in 2012...he might have saved billions from the complete subsidy removal.

I see where you are coming from, but I just can not deal with the ignorant assertions about the economy under PMB as if he created the economic disaster where in when in fact the disaster was created by jonathan and the ones before him for not investing huge oil earnings on infrastructures, they did not diversify or save for an rainy day and to make matters worse, jona was borrowing billions to pay workers salary so the question remains why was he borrowing billions to pay workers salary if the economy was so great and also what did we get in return for the largest oil earnings under jona.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Nasir123(m): 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
EVILFOREST:
On an academic performance scale of
A, B, C, D, E, F.......
I will give GEJ "F".....
Don't be shocked yet because I will give

IBB......"H"
ABACHA......"H"
OBJ......"G"
YAR ADUA......"E"
PMB......"Q"

This result sheet is not bad for now.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by wxyz1: 3:47pm On Dec 25, 2017
deji68:
even using the opec Chart ...
2010 =77$/b
2011=107$/b
2012=109/b
2013=105$/b
2014=96$/b
2015=50$/b

oil never sold for 120$ throughout GEJ tenure.....
Leave them, they feed fact on propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by bejeria101(m): 3:49pm On Dec 25, 2017
Goodness4525:
Neither of them is worth LGA chairmen in the first place with what they can offer all our leaders are blindfolded with the greed of continuity in power unlike Nelson Mandela

dullard zombie! Were you even made a class prefect?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by bibe(m): 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
9jakohai:
There is a simple explanation, and no i am not defending the govt.

1.During GEJ'S govt, the oil price was $94-120. That meant we had enough dollars to buffer the naira...and as a result the value of the naira was stronger..meaning we needed fewer naira to import rice.

2.Now, during Old Man Bubu's govt, the price of oil has fallen to $28-65. This means we have less dollars to buffer the naira, and the value falls.Meaning we need more naira to import the rice.

3.If oil jumps up to $100 again, rice prices will fall...see1 .

4.What does this mean?

a)INCREASE DOMESTIC RICE PRODUCTION...via mechanised farming and irrigation

b)Get other sources of dollars...ie industrialization., industrialization.

Fin.

High crude cost also means high cost of the products from distillation (pms, ago, dpk etc), and low crude cost also means less cost for products of distillation (pms, ago, dpk etc).

Either way, the idea of surplus dollar due to high crude cost is a mirage. It's still basically the same situation (except when you factor in production levels). In the end it's all about who manages it better.
#mytake
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by bejeria101(m): 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
yeyerolling:
Buharai don sodomise many nigerians lol
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by sandland: 3:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
Mr Good luck did you produce the rice that you sold 8k? You were just running down our reserve and promoting Thai economy.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by bejeria101(m): 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2017
9jakohai:
There is a simple explanation, and no i am not defending the govt.

1.During GEJ'S govt, the oil price was $94-120. That meant we had enough dollars to buffer the naira...and as a result the value of the naira was stronger..meaning we needed fewer naira to import rice.

2.Now, during Old Man Bubu's govt, the price of oil has fallen to $28-65. This means we have less dollars to buffer the naira, and the value falls.Meaning we need more naira to import the rice.

3.If oil jumps up to $100 again, rice prices will fall...see1 .

4.What does this mean?

a)INCREASE DOMESTIC RICE PRODUCTION...via mechanised farming and irrigation

b)Get other sources of dollars...ie industrialization., industrialization.

Fin.

Excuses! Answer dis question if it were buhari during Gej time would he have done better? The answer is NO! 1$bn to fight pple that are technically defeated! Buhari is a huge blatant mistake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by mikolo80: 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
FILEBE:

Yes you have a point here but we can try what other parties churn out. Experience has failed us in this country. We have been recycling leadership, same old leaders. We will evaluate what other parties Re coming out with and vote. APC and PDP will fail us again. In Lagos sha, Ambode is not doing bad.
voters are ever ready to try new persons but they don't have much choice when there are no votees to choose from. And ambode
Is just as useless as fashola. Doing just enough to win reelection but not actually his full potential to move Lagos forward. No agric or industrial investment. All na wash
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by tunmega(m): 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
All thinking is reasons, but not all reason is thinking. I will never believed a single statement from GEJ. He is d fundamental causes of present Nigeria issues. Same on self-centered Nigerian dat support his decisive msg
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by LordAdam16: 3:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
deomelo:

No, it was looted and shared with jona's cronies.

Babangida looted $12b in one year.

This is about jona, not IBB, stay focused, I'm not interested in needless distraction WITH OTHER PEOPLE.

But you said GEJ was the greatest looter ever in Nigeria.

Abi are you backtracking already? Or is $2b larger than $12b?

Or you don't know the definition of looting?

OBJ spent $16b on electricity.

OBJ and Jona = PDP and both equally responsible for our power situation since both left us with darkness.

Yet GEJ was the greatest looter.

Back to the looted $2 billion he gave to dasuki to share with his cronies per dasuki ATM national ATM.

Is OBJ not the APC navigator?

And how is GEJ the greatest looter when OBJ spent 3 times more than he did on electricity yet added more MW than OBJ?

And I should ask you, how much out of the so-called $2b has been recovered? How do you reconcile that less than N10b was recovered from a loot of more than N300b?

Absolutely irrelevant, what's relevant remains the fact that the funds was stolen and given to dasuki to share with joan's cronies.

How is it irrelevant? Are you okay at all.

How can you say that someone looted N300b, yet only N10b was recovered. That is less than 5%.

So what happened to the 95%? Were they spent or just vanished into thin air?

To answer your questions:

1. Are you saying no government in the world borrows? Or do you think only our revenue would have been enough to pay for the expensive subsidy and tons of ongoing projects under GEJ?

Governments borrow to finance capital projects, not to keep paying workers salary especial after accumulating the largest oil revenue ever.

In what rule book is it said that governments must only borrow to finance capital projects.

Did GEJ's administration not borrow to finance capital projects? Or are you going to single out the instance where the money was used to pay salaries. Would you have preferred if the workers weren't paid?

And in the period where part of the borrowed money was used to pay salaries, was revenue and loans not used to pay for capital projects?

Or do you just have a problem with federal civil servants. Do you even realize that 70%+ of the budget (then and now) was for recurrent expenditure.

So if 70% of the budget was for salaries and other recurrent expenditure, are you saying that part of the money borrowed should have not being used for paying salaries when revenues reduced.

And since PMB hasn't commissioned a new project and halted other ongoing projects, what is he using the money he's getting for?

No, I asked you to list what GEJ did with the largest oil revenue in the history of Nigeria so let's see you answer first before this distraction.

1. Subsidy
2. Infrastructure--rail, roads, education, electricity et cetera
3. Agricultural revolution

Now tell me what PMB has used his for...

2. Can you provide proof that GEJ was borrowing to pay salaries when oil was at $100/barrel?

Crude oil prices fell sharply in the fourth quarter of 2014 as robust global production exceeded demand. After reaching monthly peaks of $112 per barrel (bbl) and $105/bbl in June.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=19451

You see yourself.

Was the loan to pay salaries taken in 2014 or 2015?

Illiterate, like your President.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by frrank(m): 4:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
ffo:
Some Nigerians are actually regretting and asking for forgiveness.

Femo, Merry Christmas. Na you post, na you steal FTC. Na waOo. Hope you know who's behind this moniker?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by FILEBE(m): 4:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
mikolo80:
voters are ever ready to try new persons but they don't have much choice when there are no votees to choose from. And ambode
Is just as useless as fashola. Doing just enough to win reelection but not actually his full potential to move Lagos forward. No agric or industrial investment. All na wash

Who says we don't have much choice? We have more than 12 political parties with different candidates for elections. Which other choices do we have again? Did you Vote Kowa party!? Did you vote labour party? Did you vote Upn and lots more? We have choices o just that we have been made to look like we don't have.
You might be right about Ambode not reaching his full potential. I actually don't like or vouch for any Nigerian politician. They should just work well is my own.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by phineas: 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
LordAdam16:

Have you read the EGRP?

The same EGRP that took 20 months to put together. Or how is it going to be funded when implementation of the 2017 budget is less than 30%.

What areas does it want us to be self-sustainable in?

Oil--it's counting on Dangote's refinery, which may not come online until 2020.
Rice--Rice revolution had already started in 2013. We already recorded more than 60% reduction in rice import by 2015. By the time the EGRP was unveiled, it was already a success as CBN complimented the past administration's efforts with the launch of the Anchor's Borrowers Plan.

What else does it have. 5% growth rate? We were at 7% growth rate in 2013.

Buhari and his administration is a disaster. A bunch of class 3 pupils would do better.

Talking like the EGRP is some magical blueprint.

-Lord

This is how I know you are uneducated or a waste of education

let me give you a brief lecture

A plan is the most important document for an individual organisation or country aiming for progress.
For example if you want to get out of your present level of stupidity you draw up a 2018 "bringing Lord out of stupidity plan"

2.The plan should have clear Goals and objectives ,clear strategies on how to get there.Such a plan should have roles and responsibilities of everyone listed,plan source of funding for its implementation and how to measure progress towards its achievement..Our National plan is been implemented.It explains many activities of this government and the projects we are borrowing to implement

What was your Oga GEJ so plan.That is the true blue print to measure his success at the end of his tenure.

3.This administration has its plans 2017_2020 listed clearly.I don't have the time or the space and it's Christmas's. It will require an entire thread.You on the other hand need to get an education on how to review a document
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by MSEdLAW(m): 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2017
folahann:
Somebody tell the ineffectual Buffon that we once bought bag of rice for 2,500 and petrol for 40 Naira. Ask him how much he met in our excess crude account and how much he left there.

Your psychotic father should remind him ... Fulani slave
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by tobida: 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
IF BUHARI DONT STEP DOWN, WE MAY HAVE TO KILL HIM COME 2019.

DRASTIC MEASURES MIGHT BE OUR ONLY HOPE OF SURVIVAL.

NO JOKES! sad

BUHARI CANNOT BE THE ONLY KILLER WE HAVE IN THIS COUNTRY. angry
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by mikolo80: 4:11pm On Dec 25, 2017
FILEBE:

Who says we don't have much choice?

Name them
We have more than 12 political parties with different candidates for elections.
Name them
You can't cos they're not serious
Just there to collect inec money or for disgruntled elements to run to if they don't win party primaries

Which other choices do we have again? Did you Vote Kowa party!?
I don't know their candidate. If he can't make himself known then he's not ready.

Did you vote labour party? Did you vote Upn and lots more? We have choices o just that we have been made to look like we don't have.
So if I bring innoson car and Benz which will you choose.
Not only must they come out. They MUST CONVINCE voters that they can deliver. Actions louder than words

You might be right about Ambode not reaching his full potential. I actually don't like or vouch for any Nigerian politician. They should just work well is my own.
see you don't vote yet want change.

Anyway recent research shows that we don't need govt to solve most of our problems
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by LordAdam16: 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2017
phineas:

A plan is the most important document for an individual organisation or country aiming for progress.
For example if you want to get out of your present level of stupidity you draw up a 2018 "bringing Lord out of stupidity plan"

2.The plan should have clear Goals and objectives ,clear strategies on how to get there.Such a plan should have roles and responsibilities of everyone listed,plan source of funding for its implementation and how to measure progress towards its achievement..Our National plan is been implemented.It explains many activities of this government and the projects we are borrowing to implement

What was your Oga GEJ so plan.That is the true blue print to measure his success at the end of his tenure.

3.This administration has its plans 2017_2020 listed clearly.I don't have the time or the space and it's Christmas's. It will require an entire thread.You on the other hand need to get an education on how to review a document

So you spent 5 minutes writing a reply and you did not even care to give one detail contained in the EGRP plan.

You are as daft as your NEPA bill President.

I'm giving you nuggets out of the plan because I've read it, yet somehow I need an education on how to review a document. Where should I get it from? BMC headquarters.

Joker.

Toting a plan you haven't read, can't tell how it would be funded, nor how it would be implemented. No wonder you believed Buhari when he said he'd make N1=$1 and stabilize world oil price. Na relaxer full your skull.

Merry Christmas!

-Lord
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by bcashy: 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2017
let GEJ come out and contest against Buhari in 2019 ........Period grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
EVILFOREST:
A, B, C, D, E, F.......
I will give GEJ "F".....

IBB......"H"
ABACHA......"H"
OBJ......"G"
YAR ADUA......"E"
PMB......"Q"

What are F, H, G, E and Q signifies?

Please enlighten us. Merry Christmas and high cost of fuel.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by LordAdam16: 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
phineas:

So you spent 5 minutes writing a reply and you did not even care to give one detail contained in the EGRP plan.

You are as daft as your NEPA bill President.

I'm giving you nuggets out of the plan because I've read it, yet somehow I need an education on how to review a document. Where should I get it from? BMC headquarters.

Joker.

Toting a plan you haven't read, can't tell how it would be funded, nor how it would be implemented. No wonder you believed Buhari when he said he'd make N1=$1 and stabilize world oil price.

You still haven't answered the question of how much GEJ spent on subsidy.

Na relaxer full your skull.

Merry Christmas!

-Lord
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by DMerciful(m): 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
Decided to check ur pic to see who this Amarabea is.... I'm impressed... Pretty
Amarabae:
Far better than the useless animal in power.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by nely(m): 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2017
DateMynd44:
who are the we? Will u shut up? Bloody Ipob pig
You see how you messed up your life and that of your generation,you come online and insult people anyhow without knowing who they're and you think you will progress in Life, If your parents knew this would be how you will end up they would have invested the money they used in paying your school fees I think by now they would have been competing with Otedolas and dangotes... slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by folahann(m): 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
fcbgotel:

you are a big fool, go ask him urself...petrol was #40 b4 OBJ came into power in 99 , obj increased it and since them its keeps increasing. You better wake up APC is worst thing dat ever happened to dis country . Maybe we should just rename it to LAI-apc.

MSEdLAW:

Your psychotic father should remind him ... Fulani slave

Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by nely(m): 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
Tugsramm:
u speak 4 ur self.abi who chose u as ambassador
My brother leave me alone, am I the cause of your problem..
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Tugsramm(m): 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
nely:

My brother leave me alone, am I the cause of your problem..
i av no problem.sori 4 frustratin u
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by tiwiex(m): 4:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
ffo:
And he predicted this moment. He said we will miss him. Prophet GEJ.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 25, 2017
deomelo:

I see where you are coming from, but I just can not deal with the ignorant assertions about the economy under PMB as if he created the economic disaster where in when in fact the disaster was created by jonathan and the ones before him for not investing huge oil earnings on infrastructures, they did not diversify or save for an rainy day and to make matters worse, jona was borrowing billions to pay workers salary so the question remains why was he borrowing billions to pay workers salary if the economy was so great and also what did we get in return for the largest oil earnings under jona.

United States of America is the most debtor country in the whole world.

Mr Buhari is the current president of Nigeria, whether he and his APC political party like it or not, they are in charge and it is their four(4) years responsibilities to provide for Nigerians electorates at all times. We are tired of blames games by Buhari aides.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by Alezy(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2017
folahann:
Somebody tell the ineffectual Buffon that we once bought bag of rice for 2,500 and petrol for 40 Naira. Ask him how much he met in our excess crude account and how much he left there.
everybody is asking about excess crude account, u re asking. Let's say we have 500billion dollars in the account, do u think u will get a dime?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by deomelo: 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
[s]
LordAdam16:

But you said GEJ was the greatest looter ever in Nigeria.

Abi are you backtracking already? Or is $2b larger than $12b?

Or you don't know the definition of looting?

Is OBJ not the APC navigator?

And how is GEJ the greatest looter when OBJ spent 3 times more than he did on electricity yet added more MW than OBJ?

How is it irrelevant? Are you okay at all.

How can you say that someone looted N300b, yet only N10b was recovered. That is less than 5%.

So what happened to the 95%? Were they spent or just vanished into thin air?

In what rule book is it said that governments must only borrow to finance capital projects.

Did GEJ's administration not borrow to finance capital projects? Or are you going to single out the instance where the money was used to pay salaries. Would you have preferred if the workers weren't paid?

And in the period where part of the borrowed money was used to pay salaries, was revenue and loans not used to pay for capital projects?

Or do you just have a problem with federal civil servants. Do you even realize that 70%+ of the budget (then and now) was for recurrent expenditure.

So if 70% of the budget was for salaries and other recurrent expenditure, are you saying that part of the money borrowed should have not being used for paying salaries when revenues reduced.

1. Subsidy
2. Infrastructure--rail, roads, education, electricity et cetera
3. Agricultural revolution

Now tell me what PMB has used his for...

You see yourself.

Was the loan to pay salaries taken in 2014 or 2015?

Illiterate, like your President.

-Lord
[/s]

Very ignorant, reterdedd, unintelligent and silly on your part not to know that budgets to run governments including borrowings are formulated in the year before.

How do you even go broke next year after raking oil windfall for several years this year and even go borrowing to pay workers salary?

When you are done dancing around with silly and irrelevant essays, please tell us how you borrow tomorrow with your bank account full with money yesterday and your business making money left and right.

Sometimes I wonder about your lousy judgments and puerile mental stability.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by talk2emma: 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
EVILFOREST:
A, B, C, D, E, F.......
I will give GEJ "F".....

IBB......"H"
ABACHA......"H"
OBJ......"G"
YAR ADUA......"E"
PMB......"Q"

PMB ......Z
Re: Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message And Reactions From Nigerians by maasoap(m): 4:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
nely:
Thank you GEJ, now we understood what you meant in 2015,that we will celebrate you when you leave office, please on behalf of my fellow Nigerians we are sorry
ffo:

Bollinger:

Another problem in a long line of problems. Nigerians do not understand what leadership means hence their penchant for always idolizing the wrong one's. So, let's break down your logic. A bag of rice during Abacha's time was around N800 to N1000. Fuel was around N20 or 30N. With your way of thinking are you now saying Abacha is amongst the "greatest" (whatever that means) leaders in Nigeria? NIGERIANS; STOP USING YOUR STOMACHS TO DO YOUR THINKING FOR YOU. The real cause of your problems is right there in front of you but hunger and desperation no wan let una see road. What a people. Smh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

President Buhari With Students Of Samuel Ogbemudia College, Benin City (photos) / Buhari Observing Eid Prayer In Daura (Photos) / Nigerian National Anthem And Pledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.