Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? (6827 Views)

Which Of These 10 Commandments Do You Fault Always / Archaeologists Find Mt. Sinai Where God Handed Moses The 10 Commandments(Pics) / God's Moral Law, The 10 Commandments, Existed Even From The Garden Of Eden. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2017
otr1:
The Moral Law was never against anybody.
James 2:10-12 tells us that it's the LAW OF LIBERTY and all men shall be judged by it. He that offends in one point of the law is guilty of all.
The law that was against us was the ceremonial law and it's been nailed to the cross.
Rev. 14:12 says "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the COMMANDMENTS OF GOD AND THE FAITH OF JESUS."
This verse is telling us that the end time saints are keeping the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. That is, it's a waste of time to claim to keep God's Law without believing in Jesus. Likewise, you can't claim to believe in Jesus without perfect obedience to the law of God.

the 10 commandments isn't law of liberty.... you seem not to understand what you quoted... the old testament law is a law of obligation...
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2017
happy New year brethren
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Oracle16(m): 9:50am On Jan 01, 2018
Ferisidowu:
happy New year in advance brethren

Thanks. Happy New Year!
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by otr1(m): 11:07am On Jan 02, 2018
Ferisidowu:

the 10 commandments isn't law of liberty....
This is your personal opinion, deviod of scriptural truth.
Here is the truth:
James 1:25 : "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty and continued therein, he being not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the "work", this man shall be blessed in his deed."
For us to know which law he was referring to, he had to say again in chapter 2:12b : "so speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty."
No christian should have problem identifying the law he was referring to, going by the import of the preceeding verses.

Downplay the ten commandmemts at your own peril, as your faith in Jesus without works is dead (James 2:26). And what's work? James 1:25b "continuing in the perfect law of liberty being...a doer of the work

you seem not to understand what you quoted... the old testament law is a law of obligation...
Yes, it's an obligation and a good law to those who love God. John 14:15 "if ye love me, keep my commandmemts.
Rev. 11:19 says "And the temple of God was opened in Heaven, and there was seen in His temple "the ark of His testimony."
You no doubt know what the ark of testimony is.
What's inside this ark?
Exo. 25:16 "And thou shall put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee."
Exo. 40:20 "And he took and put the testimony into the ark."
May be you don't know, the ark in the earthly temple is the copy of the one in the heavenly temple.
Heb. 8:5 says so; "Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern showed to thee in the mount."

If you sin, you broke the ten commandmemts. To make atonements for this sin, Jews had to obey the law of ordinance/law of Moses. There is a huge difference between murder and having to sacrifice a lamb for committing sin.
Ezekiel 45:13-17 gives so much details on what had to be done to make reconcilation for the sin of the people. It involved meat and drinks (feasts) in the monthly new moons and on the various ceremonial sabbath days (passover, day of atonement etc). No Christian should have problem understanding that passages talking of laws of meats and drinks (e.g, Col. 2:16, Eze. 45:17)are not about the ten commandments but a law of bondage that was followed to make reconcilation for sin which is the breaking of the ten commandments.
Ceremonial laws/law of ordinance/law of Moses (whichever you want to call it) were the ones nailed to the cross, because everytime we break the ten commandments now, we have to look up to Jesus because he has made the sacrifice once and for all.
The sacrifice of Jesus has not thrown away the ten commandments. It's still our moral standard and we will all be judged by it (James 2:10-12)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 02, 2018
otr1
This is your personal opinion, deviod of scriptural truth.
I understand your impulse,

Here is the truth:
James 1:25 : "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty and continued therein, he being not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the "work", this man shall be blessed in his deed."
It's obvious from your writings that you don't understand context, but then I'm surprised you don't understand the English used there ...

Anyways the law of liberty he was talking about is the gospel only the gospel is the law of liberty, am supposed you don't understand the English anyways it's explained below

For us to know which law he was referring to, he had to say again in chapter 2:12b : "so speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty."
No christian should have problem identifying the law he was referring to, going by the import of the preceeding verses.

Hmm though am not perplexed, it's common for anti Grace Christians to think they the ones who understand the Bible most

Downplay the ten commandmemts at your own peril, as your faith in Jesus without works is dead (James 2:26). And what's work? James 1:25b "continuing in the perfect law of liberty being...a doer of the work

Yes, it's an obligation and a good law to those who love God. John 14:15 "if ye love me, keep my commandmemts.
Rev. 11:19 says "And the temple of God was opened in Heaven, and there was seen in His temple "the ark of His testimony."
You no doubt know what the ark of testimony is.
What's inside this ark?
Exo. 25:16 "And thou shall put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee."
Exo. 40:20 "And he took and put the testimony into the ark."
May be you don't know, the ark in the earthly temple is the copy of the one in the heavenly temple.
Heb. 8:5 says so; "Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern showed to thee in the mount."

Yes, of course no one gets into heaven without obeying ALL THE COMMANDMENTS, ALL OF IT. now the funniest is that ALL THE COMMANDMENTS WERE FULFILLED IN JESUS FOR HIS ELECT ....

THE LAW CAN'T BE BROKEN.... although we can't fullfil the law ourselves, Christ did it for us, because we are in Christ so we FULFILLED all the law.....

Below is a commentary on the verse you quoted

James 1:25

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty,.
... By which is meant, [b]not the moral law, but the Gospel; for only of that is the apostle speaking in the context: [/b]this is no other than the word of truth, with which God begets men of his own will; [b]and is the ingrafted word which is able to save, and of which men should be doers, as well as hearers, Jas 1:18, [/b]and this is compared to a glass by the Apostle Paul, 2Co 3:18, and the word here used for looking into it is the same word the Apostle Peter uses of the angels, who desired to look into the mysteries of the Gospel, 1Pe 1:12 all which serve to strengthen this sense; now the Gospel is called a law; not that it is a law, strictly speaking, consisting precepts, and established and enforced by sanctions penalties; for it is a declaration of righteousness and salvation by Christ; a publication of peace and pardon by him; and a free promise of eternal life, through him; but as it is an instruction, or doctrine: the law with the Jews is called תורה, because it is teaching and instructive; and everything that is so is by them called by this name: hence we find the doctrine of the Messiah, which is no other than the Gospel, is in the Old Testament called the law of the Lord, and his law, Isa 2:2 and in the New Testament it is called the law, or doctrine of faith, Ro 3:27 and this doctrine is perfect, as in Ps 19:7, it being a perfect plan of truths, containing in it all truth, as it is in Jesus, even all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge; and because it is a revelation of things perfect; of the perfect righteousness of Christ, and of perfect justification by it, and of free and full pardon of sins through him, and of complete salvation by him; and because it directs to Christ, in whom perfection is: and it is a law or doctrine of liberty;

τον της ελευθηριας, "that which is if liberty"; which has liberty for its subject, which treats of it, even of the liberty wherewith Christ makes his people free: the Gospel proclaims this liberty to captive souls; and is the word of truth, which makes them free, or is the means of freeing them from the slavery of sin, from the captivity of Satan, and from the bondage of the law; and is what gives souls freedom and boldness at the throne of grace; and is that which leads them into the liberty of grace here, and gives them a view and hope of the glorious liberty of the children of God hereafter. This doctrine is as a glass to look into; in which is beheld the glory of Christ's person and office, and grace; and though by the law is the knowledge of sin, yet a man never so fully and clearly discovers the sin that dwells in him, and the swarms of corruption which are in his heart, as when the light of the glorious Gospel shines into him, and when in it he beholds the beauty and glory of Jesus Christ; see Isa 6:5 and looking into this glass, or into this doctrine, is by faith, and with the eyes of the understanding, opened and enlightened by the Spirit of God; and the word here used signifies a looking wistly and intently, with great care and thought, and not in a slight and superficial manner; and such a looking is designed, as is attended with effect; such an one as transforms into the same image that is beheld, from glory to glory; and happy is the man that so looks into it.

And continueth therein

is not moved away from the hope of the Gospel, nor carried about with divers and strange doctrines; but is established in the faith, stands fast in it, and abides by it; or continues looking into this glass, and to Christ, the author and finisher of faith, who is beheld in it; and keeps his eye upon it, and the object held forth in it; and constantly attends the ministration of it

he being not a forgetful hearer;

but takes heed to the things he hears and sees, lest he should let them slip; and being conscious of the weakness of his memory, implores the divine Spirit to be his remembrancer, and bring to his mind, with fresh power and light, what he has heard:

but a doer of the work;

of the work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope, and of every work and ordinance the Gospel ministry points unto; doing and being subject to all in faith, from a principle of love, and with a view to the glory of God and Christ.

This man shall be blessed in his deed;

or "doing", and while he is doing; not that he is blessed for what he does, but "in" what he does; see Ps 19:11 he having, in hearing the word, and looking into it, and in submitting to every ordinance of the Gospel, the presence of God, the discoveries of his love, communion with Christ, and communication of grace from him by the Spirit; so that Wisdom's ways become ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace; see
Ps 65:4, moreover, in all such a man does, he is prosperous and successful; in all he does he prospers: and so he is blessed in his deed, by God, whose blessing makes rich, both in spirituals and temporals: there seems to be an allusion to the blessed man in Ps 1:1.

1 Like

Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2018
otr1 any more objections!
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by onlyinJESUS: 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2018
having read the thread replies can you tell me the reason for the law?
asuustrike101 enilove101 salvation101 ferisidowu
etc
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Oracle16(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
onlyinJESUS:

asuustrike101
enilove101
salvation101
ferisidowu

etc

The law was for the Jews.
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2018
onlyinJESUS:

asuustrike101
enilove101
salvation101
ferisidowu

etc
the law was to lead people to Christ.
Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
The law reveals God's righteous nature and his attitude towards sin, it also reveals the sinfulness of man.
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by otr1(m): 3:38am On Jan 05, 2018
Ferisidowu:
otr1 any more objections!
You have failed to provide a sound defence to my last post on this topic. What you post up there is a pack of errors at best.

I can't believe someone who has ever opened a Bible will still have a reason to twist what James referred to as the "law of liberty" in 1:25 and 2:12 after reading him quote directly from the ten commandments in 2:11.
James 2:11 says "For He that said, Do not commit adultery (direct quote from Exo. 20:14), said also, Do not kill (a direct quote from Exo. 20:13). Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."

He then went on to say in verse 12; "So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty."

I don't think anyone needs a lesson on comprehension to know that he was referring to the same law he quoted from.

I find it rather embarrassing that you'll say law of liberty implies "the gospel". For God's sake, the word "unangelion" translated as gospel only means "good news".
And what's the good news? The good news is that Jesus died for our sins, rose from the dead and perfected our salvation. At least Paul agrees with this in 1Cor. 15:1-8..

And please, I'm not anti-grace.
The Bible says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Grace is the only thing that makes God overlook our iniquities, not a licence to continue in sin.
God already pronounced us dead when he told Adam and Eve that they will die and return to dust, but with tie death and resurrection of Jesus, we obtain the grace for everlasting life.

Jesus fulfilled the law so we should live a lawless life?
Do you even know that the original greek word "pleroo" should never have been translated as "fulfilled" in English?
I'll give you an example;
Roman 15:19: "Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ."

The same greek word "pleroo" translated into the bolded phrase above is the same translated as "fulfilled" in Matt. 5:17.

Look at Luke 4:21 ; "And He began to say unto them, This day is the scripture fulfilled in your ears."
So according to you, since Jesus said he already fulfilled the scripture in their ears, we have to discard the scripture.

That Matt 5:17 passage uses "abolish" and "fulfilled" in contrast to each other, so if you're confused of what he meant by "fulfilled", at least you know the meaning of
abolish. So if he has not come to abolish the law, that means he must have come to "establish it", "teach us to understand it better", "magnify it", or "bring full meaning to it."

If Jesus, who is our perfect example lived in perfect obedience to the moral law (ten commandments) and his disciples did the same thing, I don't understand the fuss about nowadays teaching against anything law, citing grace as an excuse.
If grace without obedience to God's law is enough to get anyone to heaven, why would Jesus say he would tell some people who have called him Lord and have done miracles in his name to "depart" from him and call them "workers of iniquities?"
I bet so called men of God using human skulls for ritual share you idea of the grace of God, hoping that grace will them even if they die in sin.

Only those that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus are the chosen ones (Rev. 14:12)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Goshen360(m): 3:35pm On Jan 05, 2018
salvation101:
where did you get that from? Scriptural references plz.. Even Paul who spoke most about grace said he puts his body in subjection so dat after preaching to others he wont be a cast away... Where did u get ur concept of grace from? If u av grace, gracious fruits should emanate too

Oracle16:

He's very correct. Unless you are not a Christian. Any other thing outside grace message is no longer Christianity.

Anything outside it is no longer preaching Christ. The doctrine of men has seriously adulterated Christianity.
Anybody preaching anything outside grace is trying to say the death of Jesus was for nothing.

1. Nobody dispute the fact or truth that, Grace means you should go about living reckless - off course you put your body (the residue of the old man because you still have the same body as even though you're regenerated) under subjection.

2. Fruit of the Spirit is an evidence of Christ in you the hope of glory and also what follows the new creation.

However, the point I made which is grounded all over the new covenant of Grace is, the message of Grace of God is the ONE AND ONLY message given and handed to the church and that's what preachers should continue in......NOT THE MESSAGE THAT MIXES GRACES WITH THE WORKS OF THE LAWS.

That being said, Both the Holiness movement and the Grace teachers do sin. Grace message doesn't say you should live a life of reckless and continuous practice of sin but when you sin, the Grace is God in Christ is bigger than your sins - this is one of the truth people can't deal with in the message of Grace.

Now, what is my or the message of the Grace of God and is it the one and only message given and handed to the church of Christ?

1. Many people say Grace is unmerited or undeserved favor of God - this is true and just a surface understanding of the message of Grace. How? You deserved death by sin, but God in His favor and because of Christ, gave us mercy. We deserve punishment but God gave us justification - all because of Christ.

1b. Some say Grace is:

G-od's
R-ichess
A-t
C-hrist's
E-expenses

God's Riches At Christ's Expenses. This is also true. All that God did for humanity was at the expenses of Christ.

1c. Thirdly, I put both definition or understanding above together and came up with this. Grace is EVERYTHING GOD HAD DONE (what what he's about to do) THROUGH THE DEATH, BURIAL & RESURRECTION OF CHRIST WHICH IS THE FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST.

Some pastors say, I'm called to deliverance ministry, there's no such thing as "deliverance" ministry - the gospel of Grace produce deliverance, in the gospel of Grace of God is deliverance for all who believes. Some say, I'm called into prosperity ministry - there's no such thing as prosperity ministry/gospel - in the gospel of Grace is prosperity and the gospel of Grace produce prosperity. In the gospel of Grace is justification, redemption, health, forgiveness of sins, righteousness etc.

2. Is this Gospel the one and only gospel given and handed over to the church? The answer is YES!

Berean Literal Bible
But I make my life neither dear nor any account to myself, so as to finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus: to testify fully the gospel of the grace of God.
Acts 20:24

1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, and set apart for the gospel of God, 2which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the Holy Scriptures, 3regarding His Son, who was a descendant of David according to flesh, 4and who through the Spirit of holiness was declared with power to be the Son of God by His resurrection from the dead: Jesus Christ our Lord. 5Through Him and on behalf of His name, we received grace and apostleship to call all those among the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith. 6And you also are among those who are called to belong to Jesus Christ.
Romans 1

6I am astonished how quickly you are deserting the One who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7[b]which is not even a gospel.[/b] Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! 9As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you embraced, let him be under a divine curse!
Galatians 1

This (one and only gospel) is what every minister should be preaching and teaching on the pulpit but unfortunately, some are not! This gospel and its exploration is what the new covenant is all about!

New Living Translation
He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.
2 Cor. 3vs6

1 Like

Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2018
otr1
You have failed to provide a sound defence to my last post on this topic. What you post up there is a pack of errors at best

Oh really? Thanks a lot, I see that some of you guys can be specialist to make others feel pain (even Grace professors) I don't think I called what you typed pack of errors weldone thanks a lot.

I can't believe someone who has ever opened a Bible will still have a reason to twist what James referred to as the "law of liberty" in 1:25 and 2:12 after reading him quote directly from the ten commandments in 2:11.
James 2:11 says "For He that said, Do not commit adultery (direct quote from Exo. 20:14), said also, Do not kill (a direct quote from Exo. 20:13). Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."

He then went on to say in verse 12; "So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty."

I don't think anyone needs a lesson on comprehension to know that he was referring to the same law he quoted from.

I find it rather embarrassing that you'll say law of liberty implies "the gospel". For God's sake, the word "unangelion" translated as gospel only means "good news".
And what's the good news? The good news is that Jesus died for our sins, rose from the dead and perfected our salvation. At least Paul agrees with this in 1Cor. 15:1-8..

Alright if it okay by you.... So Jesus fulfilled the law for his elect so that they will be judged by the 10 commandments ryt?

From 2:10 it says that if you keep the whole law and stumble in one ..you are guilty of the whole law.

Young man do you keep the Sabbath day seeing that it's one of the 10 commandments ... Since you fail keep that one you are condemned by all of it

And please, I'm not anti-grace.
The Bible says all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Grace is the only thing that makes God overlook our iniquities, not a licence to continue in sin.
God already pronounced us dead when he told Adam and Eve that they will die and return to dust, but with tie death and resurrection of Jesus, we obtain the grace for everlasting life.

Oh really so Grace means God overlooked the sins of the elect .... Does God overlook sin? Did he overlook the sins his elect or he placed all their sins on Christ, Grace isn't God overlooking sin, if it is then God will partial, for overlooking one's sins and punishing another's....

He didn't or doesn't overlook sin, he punished his elects sins on Christ payment ....

Jesus fulfilled the law so we should live a lawless life?

Hmm, the funniest thing is that God's elect are weded or married to Christ they aren't licentious, they even better than fools who keep the whole law for justification... The places that mention elects name in the Bible, e.g Paul... Was paul licentious? God forbid, great Christians like epaphras ,clement were not licentious, they are weded to their husband Christ and he imparts his love in them....

They live above the dictates of 10 commandments
They are the best of their kind. Better than foolish law justifying keepers.

Do you even know that the original greek word "pleroo" should never have been translated as "fulfilled" in English?
I'll give you an example;
Roman 15:19: "Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ."

The same greek word "pleroo" translated into the bolded phrase above is the same translated as "fulfilled" in Matt. 5:17.

Look at Luke 4:21 ; "And He began to say unto them, This day is the scripture fulfilled in your ears."
So according to you, since Jesus said he already fulfilled the scripture in their ears, we have to discard the scripture.

That Matt 5:17 passage uses "abolish" and "fulfilled" in contrast to each other, so if you're confused of what he meant by "fulfilled", at least you know the meaning of
abolish. So if he has not come to abolish the law, that means he must have come to "establish it", "teach us to understand it better", "magnify it", or "bring full meaning to it."

If Jesus, who is our perfect example lived in perfect obedience to the moral law (ten commandments) and his disciples did the same thing, I don't understand the fuss about nowadays teaching against anything law, citing grace as an excuse.

I already told you that the elect live far above the 10 COMMANDMENTS ... They enter God's presence...
The elects don't break the law, they uphold the law even as the spirit leads... Paul circumcisied one, and refused circumcise another... Even as he was led....

He FULFILLED the law it's not binding on his elect.... Yet his elect live even above the laws

If grace without obedience to God's law is enough to get anyone to heaven,
And you said you aren't anti Grace... Grace+works(law)=anti Grace

Anyways what do I know .. we seem to understand things differently ....
It's Grace alone according to the Bible ...

why would Jesus say he would tell some people who have called him Lord and have done miracles in his name to "depart" from him and call them "workers of iniquities?"
I bet so called men of God using human skulls for ritual share you idea of the grace of God, hoping that grace will them even if they die in sin.

It's obvious that even their reply condemned them they are unwise to have thought that because they have done miracles in his name that's their heavenly ticket...

Also Christ elect aren't workers of iniquity ... They are the best in Christianity...

Only those that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus are the chosen ones (Rev. 14:12)

No one opposes this yet there are many who keep the commandments, and don't keep the faith of Jesus yet they are condemned ....

Also the 10 commandments isn't all the COMMANDMENTS of God, there are diverse commandments and laws in the Bible..... It's even God's commandments that we should believe his son....

Yet we know that Abraham believe God and it was counted for righteousness....

In conclusion.

The 10 commandments isn't binding yet the elect live above it, they live above it requirements .... The laws were given as a guardian... God bless ....

Hold on to Christ.... That's the rock of salvation not, the law.....

Sometimes our doctrines vary.... But Christ complete atonement shouldn't be tampered with ...

God bless again bro...

1 Like

Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
onlyinJESUS sorry for the delay..
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 06, 2018
onlyinJESUS:

asuustrike101
enilove101
salvation101
ferisidowu

etc

The law a guide to Christ

I. The method of this guiding power is exercised--

1. By completely shutting us out from every other hope.

2. By showing us the character and qualifications which we must find in the Saviour on whom we can entirely rely.

(1) He must be one competent to fulfil all the provisions of the holy law.

(2) But no creaturely being has ever accomplished this.

(3) The Saviour, therefore, must be Divine as well as human.

(4) These conditions meet in Christ.

3. By revealing the way in which we must be partakers of the Saviour’s mercy, and be interested in His redemption.

(1) It must be all of grace;

(2) by faith;

(3) issuing in justification.

4. By proclaiming its entire satisfaction with the provided Saviour.

(1) All its demands are honoured;

(2) its penalties borne;

(3) its acquital secured.

II. The object for which this guiding power is exercised.

1. Justification before God is the great want of the rebel under the condemnation of the law. He must gain this blessing or perish.

2. This cannot be obtained by the works of the law, which involve the discharge of its obligations and the endurance of its penalty.

3. It must, and therefore is, to be obtained by faith in Christ.

4. This faith working by love manifests itself in righteousness. (S. H. Tyng, D. D.)
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2018
onlyinJESUS:

asuustrike101
enilove101
salvation101
ferisidowu

etc

also

Pedagogic character of the law

A schoolmaster nowadays is not at all like the personage Paul intended. He speaks of a pedagogue, an official seldom if ever now seen among men. This was not a person who actually officiated as master in the school, and gave instruction in the school itself; but one--a slave generally--who was set to take the boys to school, and to watch over them, and to be a sort of general supervisor of them, both in school and Out of school, and at all times. A pedagogue was very generally employed in the training of the young; indeed, it was a common and customary thing for the sons of the Greek and Roman nobility to have appointed over them some trustworthy servant who took them in charge. The boys were entirely under these servants; and thus had their spirits broken in, and their vivacity restrained. As a rule these pedagogues were very stern and strict--they used the rod freely, not to say cruelly, and the condition of the boys was sometimes no better than slavery. The boys (as it was supposed to be for their good) were kept in perpetual fear. Their recreations were restricted; even their walks were under the surveillance of the grim pedagogue. They were sternly held in check in all points, and were thus disciplined for the battle of life. Now Paul, taking up this thought, says the law was our pedagogue, our guardian, our custodian, ruler, tutor, governor, until Christ came. (C. H. Spurgeon.)

The law our schoolmaster

I. The Holy Ghost employs the law as a servant. Salvation never came by the law, never could have come by the law, never can come by the law, through any obedience that fallen man can render either felts letter or its spirit. The law is the map; it is not the country. The law is the model; it is not the substance. The law is the picture; it is not the person. The law prophesies, prefigures, presents the fulness of the salvation which is wrought by Jesus Christ as the ground of the believer’s security and the warrant of his faith. But under the ministry of the Holy Ghost another illustration is introduced, and the apostle says the law is the schoolmaster, or, to Anglicise the Greek word, is the pedagogue, to bring us unto Christ. And the parts of the figure are easily comprehended. The Holy Ghost is the parent of the soul; the law is the tutor to whose instruction it is committed until the time of majority, when all the tutors and governors of minority disappear, and the privileges of heirship in Christ become the possession and the enjoyment of those who have passed from the tutor’s care. Now, the Spirit of God presents to us the law of God under this simile. Go where the sinner will, before he has come to the full age of faith, the law of God is his shadow. Oh I that men would remember this. They do not in darkness escape God’s ever present detection; they do not by double dealing evade the inspection of Him who has established the law for their discipline to bring them unto Christ. Wherever the man goes before he has learned the fulness of his salvation in Jesus, he must be looking about him for the presence of the schoolmaster. When the law of God takes hold of a man, and he realizes his obligation under its commandment and his subjection to its penalty, then, of course, pleasures cease for him, for the presence of the schoolmaster destroys every circumstance of peace and enjoyment. Does he go to a place of frivolous amusement? The law of God whispers to his conscience, “What if you should die here?” Does he go to his pillow and seek relief from remorse? He lays his head upon it without possible quietness, while the law of God recounts to him the condemnation he has justly deserved for every impurity of thought and defection in act. Does he go to church, and is the minister of God expounding the gospel of God’s grace? Next to him in the pew sits the law of God, his inseparable companion, who tells him, in the midst of promises, “These are not for you.” In the midst of all the descriptions of the pleasures of the saint, “You have no part in these.” And when the dark cloud of Divine indignation which brings out in relief the grace of Jesus Christ rises before him, the awful menace of the law tells him, “The storm will burst upon you, the condemnation of God will catch you, hell is yawning to receive you.” Oh! the horrors of this pedagogue-companion under whose discipline men are so ready to live. Now let us, having looked at their inseparable companionship, overtake them in their walk and listen to some of their conversation. The refrain of all that the law says is, “Do.” “Do this and thou shalt live.” And to this constant exhortation, which stirs up all the bitterness of the heart, there is a succession of apologies and pleas presented, which, for the time, will silence the voice of conscience, but which the law brushes away with ridicule as of offering chaff for wheat, brass for gold, currency for coin. “Do this and thou shalt live.” “I want to do it.” “It is not wanting to do; it is doing,” saith the law. “I will try to obey.” “That will not suffice. It is not trying; it is obeying.” “I have obeyed a great many of the commandments. I am reputed to be obedient. I think I have almost reached it.” “Almost is not enough, child; altogether thou must do it.” Not a single defect must there be in either spirit or letter of prohibition or command. Oh, what a multitude of apologies does the pedagogue have to hear! “I am quite as good as those about me.” “Thou hast nothing to do with another;” “Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.” “Yes, but I am ready to believe in Christ after I have done all I can.” “Christ cannot help thee; as long as thou art under age thou must be under the law and thou must do all. When thou hast become of majority, then my office is at an end, and is passed away.” “Well, I am praying for help to obey the commandment.” “There will no help come to thee until thou dost come of age, child, and dost trust completely in Him who is the Saviour of the world.” Thou canst never compound and commingle and amalgamate the law and the gospel. The illustration might be indefinitely continued to cover all the possible pretexts of sinners before the law of God. But the whole story is told in this one statement, that the law of God never smiles upon a sinner. This schoolmaster always frowns. There is no pity in the law; there is no mercy under its ministration. The one office of the pedagogue was to drag the boy down. The one office of God’s law, as the spirit employs it, is to humble every proud thought, every high look, every personal ambition and determination, until the man is willing to be a beggar and be saved by the blood of the Crucified One.

II. The errand which is entrusted to this pedagogue. “The law was our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ.” The original reads, “The law is our schoolmaster unto Christ.” When we reach Christ, then is the vocation of the schoolmaster at an end. It convinces men that they need Christ--that they need a free salvation. Christ has fulfilled the law. His obedience was perfect. Now we want to be justified by faith through His righteousness.

III. The sign that the law has discharged his commission. Our boys come of age at twenty-one years. Under the Greek code, the child came of age at thirteen and a half years. And I know some boys in our congregation that it would greatly delight if that were the rule in America. We have very few children nowadays. They are all men and women. Under the Roman law, majority was not attained until twenty-five years, but when the day was reached at which the child, by the custom of the land and the constitution of the Government, was pronounced a man, he could laugh at the school-master, and his office had passed away. Up to that hour he was imperious. Now he was impertinent. Up to that day his sharpness of examination was only the fulfilment of the duty he had assumed. After that day, to assume any such relation to the man, was to bring himself under the law which would condemn him utterly. So, saith the apostle, when faith is come, when the child has passed up toward full majority by trusting in Jesus Christ, then the schoolmaster has gone, the believer is freed from the law as a discipline. Oh I dear friend, this is the mountain top from which we view the land of promise. This is the place of privilege to which every child of God is permitted to attain. We are not under the law, says the apostle, we are under grace. But the sign that this majority has been reached is the transference of the soul from the discipline of precepts to that of principles, which the apostle calls the law written on the fleshly tables of the heart. We are not free from this law. It never passes away; but now we delight in the law of God. There is no fear now as we remember the old commandments. (S. H. Tyng.)
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2018
Galatians 3:23-29

The law’s purpose illustrated (3:23-4:7)
Jews under the law were like children under the control of a guardian, but this was only in anticipation of the coming of Christ. When he came, those who trusted in him were forgiven the sins they had committed against the law and were put right with God. Instead of being like children under a guardian, they now enjoyed the freedom of full-grown mature sons of God (23-26). Since the coming of Christ, all believers are united in him and are God’s children, regardless of race, social status, sex or the law. Being part of Christ, they are part of Abraham’s promised offspring. Those justified by faith are Abraham’s true descendants (27-29).
Paul gives another example, similar to the first, to illustrate the law’s function. A child who inherits his father’s property cannot do as he likes with it until he has reached the age of an adult. Though legally the owner, in reality he is little different from a slave, being under the control of guardians who manage his affairs for him (4:1-2). This illustrates the position of those previously under the law. They were like children receiving instruction. But Christ came and fulfilled the law’s requirements, so that those under its control could be released to enjoy their inheritance as adult sons of God (3-7)

THE ASTONISHING PART IS THAT YET, THEY WERE NOT ALL SONS

ISHMAEL WAS A SON UNDER LAW, HE WASN'T A SON UNDER GRACE

THE PHARISEES WERE SONS UNDER LAW.. THEY WEREN'T SONS UNDER GRACE
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2018
onlyinJESUS

I. The law was added because of transgressions, v. 19. It was not designed to disannul the promise, and to establish a different way of justification from that which was settled by the promise; but it was added to it, annexed on purpose to be subservient to it, and it was so because of transgressions. The Israelites, though they were chosen to be God's peculiar people, were sinners as well as others, and therefore the law was given to convince them of their sin, and of their obnoxiousness to the divine displeasure on the account of it; for by the law is the knowledge of sin (Rom. iii. 20), and the law entered that sin might abound, Rom. v. 20. And it was also intended to restrain them from the commission of sin, to put an awe upon their minds, and be a curb upon their lusts, that they should not run into that excess of riot to which they were naturally inclined; and yet at the same time it was designed to direct them to the true and only way whereby sin was to be expiated, and wherein they might obtain the pardon of it; namely, through the death and sacrifice of Christ, which was the special use for which the law of sacrifices and purifications was given.

The apostle adds that the law was given for this purpose till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; that is, either till Christ should come (the principle seed referred to in the promise, as he had before shown), or till the gospel dispensation should take place, when Jews and Gentiles, without distinction, should, upon believing, become the seed of Abraham. The law was added because of transgressions, till this fulness of time, or this complete dispensation, should come. But when the seed came, and a fuller discovery of divine grace in the promise was made, then the law, as given by Moses, was to cease; that covenant, being found faulty, was to give place to another, and a better, Heb 8:7; Heb 8:8 (refs2). And though the law, considered as the law of nature, is always in force, and still continues to be of use to convince men of sin and to restrain them from it, yet we are now no longer under the bondage and terror of that legal covenant. The law then was not intended to discover another way of justification, different from that revealed by the promise, but only to lead men to see their need of the promise, by showing them the sinfulness of sin, and to point them to Christ, through whom alone they could be pardoned and justified.

As a further proof that the law was not designed to vacate the promise, the apostle adds, It was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator. It was given to different persons, and in a different manner from the promise, and therefore for different purposes. The promise was made to Abraham, and all his spiritual seed, including believers of all nations, even of the Gentiles as well as the Jews; but the law was given to the Israelites as a peculiar people, and separated from the rest of the world. And, whereas the promise was given immediately by God himself, the law was given by the ministry of angels, and the hand of a mediator. Hence it appeared that the law could not be designed to set aside the promise; for (v. 20), A mediator is not a mediator of one, of one party only;but God is one, but one party in the promise or covenant made with Abraham: and therefore it is not to be supposed that by a transaction which passed only between him and the nation of the Jews he should make void a promise which he had long before made to Abraham and all his spiritual seed, whether Jews or Gentiles. This would not have been consistent with his wisdom, nor with his truth and faithfulness. Moses was only a mediator between God and the spiritual seed of Abraham; and therefore the law that was given by him could not affect the promise made to them, much less be subversive of it.

II. The law was given to convince men of the necessity of a Saviour. The apostle asks (v. 21), as what some might be willing to object, "Is the law then against the promises of God? Do they really clash and interfere with each other? Or do you not set the covenant with Abraham, and the law of Moses, at variance with one another?" To this he answers, God forbid; he was far from entertaining such a thought, nor could it be inferred from what he had said. The law is by no means inconsistent with the promise, but subservient to it, as the design of it is to discover men's transgressions, and to show them the need they have of a better righteousness than that of the law. That consequence would much rather follow from their doctrine than from his; for, if there had been a law given that could have given life, verily righteousness would have been by the law, and in that case the promise would have been superseded and rendered useless. But that in our present state could not be,for the scripture hath concluded all under sin (v. 22), or declared that all, both Jew and Gentile, are in a state of guilt, and therefore unable to attain to righteousness and justification by the works of the law. The law discovered their wounds, but could not afford them a remedy: it showed that they were guilty, because it appointed sacrifices and purifications, which were manifestly insufficient to take away sin: and therefore the great design of it was that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to those that believe, that being convinced of their guilt, and the insufficiency of the law to effect a righteousness for them, they might be persuaded to believe on Christ, and so obtain the benefit of the promise.
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2018
acealfa are you looking for something?
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by otr1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2018
Ferisidowu:

I don't think I called what you typed pack of errors weldone thanks a lot.
Forgive my choice of words. I couldn't resist it and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
Alright if it okay by you.... So Jesus fulfilled the law for his elect so that they will be judged by the 10 commandments ryt?
You're getting the meaning of fulfilled (which shouldn't have been used in the translation in the first place) wrong.
If I say "I'm not to kill you but to..."
you should know the missing word already. In the same manner, when Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it, there should not be any confusion as to the meaning of "fulfilled" even if it's a wrong choice of word for the translation of the original greek word used.
From 2:10 it says that if you keep the whole law and stumble in one ..you are guilty of the whole law.
Well, Jesus taught us the right way to keep the sabbath and other laws, which is what he meant by "fulfilled".
I don't keep the sabbath in the same manner as the pharisees, but I keep it holy by spending quality times with God. Sunday has no special meaning to me.

Young man do you keep the Sabbath day seeing that it's one of the 10 commandments ... Since you fail keep that one you are condemned by all of it

Oh really so Grace means God overlooked the sins of the elect .... Does God overlook sin? Did he overlook the sins his elect or he placed all their sins on Christ, Grace isn't God overlooking sin, if it is then God will partial, for overlooking one's sins and punishing another's....

He didn't or doesn't overlook sin, he punished his elects sins on Christ payment ....

God overlook sin and gives another chance to things right, because of the huge price Jesus paid for us. That's grace!
When Jesus stopped people from stoning that woman that commit adultery
to death and told her to go and sin no more, that's an example of grace. Something like, "What you did was wrong, but I give you another chance to make things right, go and sin no more".

You remember the snake on the stake? Just like those dying from snake poison were required to look up to the snake on the stake for a chance to survive, we are required to look up to Jesus, to avoid the punishment for our sin (the wages of sin is death).
When we lay our hope in Jesus for our redemption, our slates are wiped clean, giving us a fresh start. However, we are to avoid a falling back to our sin (remember go and sin no more?).
Either you my choice of "overlook" or not, God didn't count our sins against us because we believed in Jesus and his sacrifice.

Hmm, the funniest thing is that God's elect are weded or married to Christ they aren't licentious, they even better than fools who keep the whole law for justification... The places that mention elects name in the Bible, e.g Paul... Was paul licentious? God forbid, great Christians like epaphras ,clement were not licentious, they are weded to their husband Christ and he imparts his love in them....
Keeping the law alone doesn't bring anyone to justification and I don't think I advocate that.

They live above the dictates of 10 commandments
They are the best of their kind. Better than foolish law justifying keepers.

I already told you that the elect live far above the 10 COMMANDMENTS ... They enter God's presence...
The elects don't break the law, they uphold the law even as the spirit leads... Paul circumcisied one, and refused circumcise another... Even as he was led....

He FULFILLED the law it's not binding on his elect.... Yet his elect live even above the laws

Yes, didn't break the law, but instead uphold it. He didn't above the dictates of the ten commandments. We have records of Paul keeping the sabbath. The Bible even makes us understand that it's his custom to keep the sabbath. That's what I'm advocating. Obedience to God (that's what keeping the law means) while looking up to Jesus for justification.
Remember that the law concerning circumcision is not a part of the ten commandments.
Also Christ elect aren't workers of iniquity ... They are the best in Christianity...
So what are they doing differently? Rev. 14:12 told us.
No one opposes this yet there are many who keep the commandments, and don't keep the faith of Jesus yet they are condemned ....
Anyone who keeps the commandments and not believe in Jesus will be condemned.
We are required to do both. Likewise, anyone procliaming Jesus while disobeying God's Law will also be condemned.
That's why we'll have those who call Jesus "Lord", yet he will reject them because they are workers of iniquities (sinners/those). Remember no sinner will see God?
The 10 commandments isn't binding yet the elect live above it, they live above it requirements .... The laws were given as a guardian...
The ten commandments requires that we should worship no other gods, not kill, not commit adultery, not worship images... etc. Which of these requirements do you think you can live above?
You just said the law is our guardian and rightly so. It's still our guide to know right from wrong.
Hold on to Christ.... That's the rock of salvation not, the law.... But Christ complete atonement shouldn't be tampered with
I'm a christian. I look up to Jesus for salvation in obedience to God.
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2018
otr1:

Forgive my choice of words. I couldn't resist it and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

No problems sir, it happens

You're getting the meaning of fulfilled (which shouldn't have been used in the translation in the first place) wrong.
If I say "I'm not to kill you but to..."
you should know the missing word already. In the same manner, when Jesus said he didn't come to abolish the law but to fulfill it, there should not be any confusion as to the meaning of "fulfilled" even if it's a wrong choice of word for the translation of the original greek word used.
Hmm, sincerely I don't really get your point in this quoted paragraph? Pls explain further how the FULFILLED is wrong... The word which ought to have been used?
And the chapter and verse so I can do research here too

Well, Jesus taught us the right way to keep the sabbath and other laws, which is what he meant by "fulfilled".
I don't keep the sabbath in the same manner as the pharisees, but I keep it holy by spending quality times with God. Sunday has no special meaning to me.
How are we to keep the Sabbath? What did Jesus teach about the Sabbath?
Is that how the LAW required the keeping of Sabbath

God overlook sin and gives another chance to things right, because of the huge price Jesus paid for us. That's grace!
When Jesus stopped people from stoning that woman that commit adultery
to death and told her to go and sin no more, that's an example of grace. Something like, "What you did was wrong, but I give you another chance to make things right, go and sin no more".

Does that mean that God overlook sin? ... Even if Christ forgive her the committed sin, did he forgive her the imputed sin gotten through Adam?

Will that woman have eternal life if she doesn't accept Jesus, yet indeed went and sinned no more...

I still affirm that God doesn't overlook sin instead placed the sins his elect (both original sin gotten from Adam.. and actual sin gotten from breaking the law) in Jesus and punished it by Christ's payment ...

If that woman is God's elect ,, the adultery she committed and the sin she inherited were all placed on Jesus... Showing that God doesn't overlook sin.

You remember the snake on the stake? Just like those dying from snake poison were required to look up to the snake on the stake for a chance to survive, we are required to look up to Jesus, to avoid the punishment for our sin (the wages of sin is death).
When we lay our hope in Jesus for our redemption, our slates are wiped clean, giving us a fresh start. However, we are to avoid a falling back to our sin (remember go and sin no more?).
Either you my choice of "overlook" or not, God didn't count our sins against us because we believed in Jesus and his sacrifice.

It's not just that God didn't.... It's that God doesn't count the sin of his elect, although they always ask for forgiveness.. he already punished the sin,

Let's explain it this way

THE BIBLE SAYS WITHOUT SHEDDING OF BLOOD THERE'S NO REMISSION FOR SIN, now an elect who asks God for forgiveness where is the blood to which he must be forgiven?

Are we forgiven by asking God for forgiveness with our mouth? No, we only look unto Jesus who bore all sins because without SHEDDING OF BLOOD THERE'S NO REMISSION FOR SINS so do we now apply the blood each time we sin, crucifying Jesus again , SHEDDING his blood again and again,

Therefore it must be that God punished the actual and original sin of his elect ONCE AND FOR ALL...

Keeping the law alone doesn't bring anyone to justification and I don't think I advocate that.

Alright ...

Yes, didn't break the law, but instead uphold it. He didn't above the dictates of the ten commandments. We have records of Paul keeping the sabbath. The Bible even makes us understand that it's his custom to keep the sabbath. That's what I'm advocating. Obedience to God (that's what keeping the law means) while looking up to Jesus for justification.
Remember that the law concerning circumcision is not a part of the ten commandments
According to the LAW IN OLD TESTAMENT, circumcision is more important than the law, you have to be circumcised before your keeping law can be valid... Anyone that doesn't keep circumcision isn't accepted according to the covenant between God and Abraham..
Circumcision was more important than the law, cos they were circumcised even before they were given the law.

So what are they doing differently? Rev. 14:12 told us.

Of course the COMMANDMENTS of God is to obey the gospel of his son...

Anyone who keeps the commandments and not believe in Jesus will be condemned.
We are required to do both. Likewise, anyone procliaming Jesus while disobeying God's Law will also be condemned.

I guess this is one of the chief places of our disagreement

The Bible says in Romans that WE AFFIRM THAT ONE IS JUSTIFIED EVEN APART FROM THE LAW...
THAT'S WITHOUT THE LAW,
Which law was he talking about ? The WHOLE LAWS OF MOSES (Including the 10 COMMANDMENTS) ... I don't say that because we obey the gospel we should obey the law... The answer to that is GOD FORBID..

Paul said DO WE THEN THROW THE LAW (all law including the 10 commandments) BECAUSE OF FAITH? BY NO MEANS ON THE CONTRARY WE UPHOLD THE LAW. Proper apprehension of this passage solves our problems
1) he brought a distinction between law and Faith, ..
2) he taught that the elect are justified without the law
3) do they then THROW AWAY THE LAW no

Answer this question

1) were they justified by Faith+law (works) give passages
That support the view that they were justified by both...

I AFFIRM THAT the elect are justified by FAITH ALONE but don't THROW AWAY THE LAW BECAUSE OF FAITH.

That's why we'll have those who call Jesus "Lord", yet he will reject them because they are workers of iniquities (sinners/those). Remember no sinner will see God?

Who are workers of iniquity ?
Answer these questions
1)Now if a man keep the whole law , and doesn't believe in Jesus is he a worker of iniquity?

2) if a man is JUSTIFIED by Faith , but doesn't throw the law (does all his best to keep it) is he a worker of iniquity?

The ten commandments requires that we should worship no other gods, not kill, not commit adultery, not worship images... etc. Which of these requirements do you think you can live above?

Lolz even the Pharisees keep the whole law in their own mind .. Paul said CONCERNING THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE HE WAS BLAMELESS ..
showing that people keep the whole law to their own taste ...

Do you agree with me that one man can keep the law to GOD'S OWN TASTE?

You just said the law is our guardian and rightly so. It's still our guide to know right from wrong
I didn't say IS I said WAS or if I said IS... it's an error ..
My point is that "THE LAW WAS A GUARDIAN"

I'm a christian. I look up to Jesus for salvation in obedience to God.

Praise God may he help and UPHOLD us all

Rom 5:19 Phil 3:6-9 rom 9:31,32 2cor5:21 Isaiah 45:24,25
1cor1:30
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by otr1(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ferisidowu:

Hmm, sincerely I don't really get your point in this quoted paragraph? Pls explain further how the FULFILLED is wrong... The word which ought to have been used?
And the chapter and verse so I can do research here too
The Greek word translated as "fulfilled" is "pleroo" which has nothing to do with fulfilled. Translating it as fulfilled is rather misleading. The same word translated as "fulfilled" in Matt. 5:17 is the same translated as "fully preached" in Roman 15:19 (the latter is the closest to the original word). Fulfilled is also used in Luke 4:21, but if you replace "fulfilled" with "fully preached", the verse will make more sense to you. Same thing with the verse in Matt. 5:17

How are we to keep the Sabbath? What did Jesus teach about the Sabbath?
Is that how the LAW required the keeping of Sabbath

The ten commandments requires that we don't do servile work on the sabbath or embark on long journey.
God didn't have to create an extra day after the 6th day, but he did for us to have spend time with him.
But the pharisees in an attempt to appear as keeping the law fully, wil not even help someone who got into a ditch on the sabbath. That's what Jesus preached about when he healed the man that has been in boundage for 40years
on sabbath. The pharisees complained, but he rebuked them.
In essence, we are to keep the sabbath holy, but if we have to work or go a long distance to save a life, we should do it (this does not include going on shopping; this can wait till the next day)

Does that mean that God overlook sin? ... Even if Christ forgive her the committed sin, did he forgive her the imputed sin gotten through Adam?

Will that woman have eternal life if she doesn't accept Jesus, yet indeed went and sinned no more...
Jesus is the only way. She most probably accepted Jesus after that event.
Adam and Eve brought sin through their disobedience and with it, death.
Jesus died for our sins, be it from Adam or the ones we committed.
I still affirm that God doesn't overlook sin.
See sin is a debt payable by death, but Jesus has died for it once and for all. So we are no longer held accountable as long as we accept acknowledge the payment by accepting the sacrifice of the Payee.
Is that ok by you?
THE BIBLE SAYS WITHOUT SHEDDING OF BLOOD THERE'S NO REMISSION FOR SIN, now an elect who asks God for forgiveness where is the blood to which he must be forgiven?

Jesus already paid. It's a one time thing. It's not like sacrificing animals for atonements as it was.
Jesus died once and for all for our sins. Anyone who seek Jesus would be forgiven.
Whosoever believes in Jesus would not perish says the bible.
According to the LAW IN OLD TESTAMENT, circumcision is more important than the law, you have to be circumcised before your keeping law can be valid...

Nothing is important than the law. Moral law existed before Abraham.

Anyone that doesn't keep circumcision isn't accepted according to the covenant between God and Abraham..
Circumcision was more important than the law, cos they were circumcised even before they were given the law.
The law existed before the sinai incidence

Ten commandments is the moral law of God and not a Moses thing. It depicts the character of God.
That Jews eleviated circumcision aboves ten commandments represents everything that's wrong with nation of Israel.

I guess this is one of the chief places of our disagreement

The Bible says in Romans that WE AFFIRM THAT ONE IS JUSTIFIED EVEN APART FROM THE LAW...
THAT'S WITHOUT THE LAW,
Which law was he talking about ? The WHOLE LAWS OF MOSES (Including the 10 COMMANDMENTS)
The ten commandments is different from the law of moses/ceremonial law/law of ordinance.
When you break the ten commandments, you must obey the law of moses as a remedy for your sin.
Jesu now takes the place of the law of moses
The answer to that is GOD FORBID..

Paul said DO WE THEN THROW THE LAW (all law including the 10 commandments) BECAUSE OF FAITH? BY NO MEANS ON THE CONTRARY WE UPHOLD THE LAW. Proper apprehension of this passage solves our problems
1) he brought a distinction between law and Faith, ..
2) he taught that the elect are justified without the law
3) do they then THROW AWAY THE LAW no

Answer this question

1) were they justified by Faith+law (works) give passages
That support the view that they were justified by both...
We are justified by faith in Jesus. That's what differentiate us from others.

I AFFIRM THAT the elect are justified by FAITH ALONE but don't THROW AWAY THE LAW BECAUSE OF FAITH.

Who are workers of iniquity ?
Answer these questions
2) if a man is JUSTIFIED by Faith , but doesn't throw the law (does all his best to keep it) is he a worker of iniquity?

Not a worker of iniquity. This is exactly what I advocate. Justified by faith, yes, but we do our best to keep the law.
Lolz even the Pharisees keep the whole law in their own mind.
They appear to. They actually don't. They are hypocrites. They preach one thing and do the opposite. That's why Jesus always attacked them.
Re: Does The Moral Law(10 commandments) Remain Against The Christian? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
otr1:

The Greek word translated as "fulfilled" is "pleroo" which has nothing to do with fulfilled. Translating it as fulfilled is rather misleading. The same word translated as "fulfilled" in Matt. 5:17 is the same translated as "fully preached" in Roman 15:19 (the latter is the closest to the original word). Fulfilled is also used in Luke 4:21, but if you replace "fulfilled" with "fully preached", the verse will make more sense to you. Same thing with the verse in Matt. 5:17

The ten commandments requires that we don't do servile work on the sabbath or embark on long journey.
God didn't have to create an extra day after the 6th day, but he did for us to have spend time with him.
But the pharisees in an attempt to appear as keeping the law fully, wil not even help someone who got into a ditch on the sabbath. That's what Jesus preached about when he healed the man that has been in boundage for 40years
on sabbath. The pharisees complained, but he rebuked them.
In essence, we are to keep the sabbath holy, but if we have to work or go a long distance to save a life, we should do it (this does not include going on shopping; this can wait till the next day)

Jesus is the only way. She most probably accepted Jesus after that event.
Adam and Eve brought sin through their disobedience and with it, death.
Jesus died for our sins, be it from Adam or the ones we committed.

See sin is a debt payable by death, but Jesus has died for it once and for all. So we are no longer held accountable as long as we accept acknowledge the payment by accepting the sacrifice of the Payee.
Is that ok by you?

Jesus already paid. It's a one time thing. It's not like sacrificing animals for atonements as it was.
Jesus died once and for all for our sins. Anyone who seek Jesus would be forgiven.
Whosoever believes in Jesus would not perish says the bible.

Nothing is important than the law. Moral law existed before Abraham.

The law existed before the sinai incidence

Ten commandments is the moral law of God and not a Moses thing. It depicts the character of God.
That Jews eleviated circumcision aboves ten commandments represents everything that's wrong with nation of Israel.

The ten commandments is different from the law of moses/ceremonial law/law of ordinance.
When you break the ten commandments, you must obey the law of moses as a remedy for your sin.
Jesu now takes the place of the law of moses

We are justified by faith in Jesus. That's what differentiate us from others.

Not a worker of iniquity. This is exactly what I advocate. Justified by faith, yes, but we do our best to keep the law.

They appear to. They actually don't. They are hypocrites. They preach one thing and do the opposite. That's why Jesus always attacked them.

ok thanks a lot God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jesus Was A Muslim? / Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? / Christians, Learn How To Curse Your Enemies The Biblical Way.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.