Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (2480 Views)

'I Need Some Space': What Does This Mean In A Relationship? / What Do Ladies Mean By " It Is Well ".. / What Do Ladies Mean When They Say They Like Intelligent Conversations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by phr0nesis(m): 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 30, 2017
To the best of my knowledge, you did what any reasonable person would since she wasn't ready to have a conversation with you, but to answer your question, she's in the right frame of mind to tell you what she meant by you're insensitive, careless, and heartless.

2 Likes

Re: . by ubunja(m): 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2017
its obvious the problem is not with you.
she's moody and u give her 3 days' space then she calls to say
u're heartless then goes another period ignoring u??
dude why dont u just find yourself a normal GF. you wont win with this drama queen.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by phr0nesis(m): 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Martin0(m): 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2017
There is little to no concrete definition of "space" when it pertains to a certain closing stage of a romantic relationship. When someone you were dating claims that he or she needs "space," the recipient has no idea what this person means other than the fact that they aren't going to see or talk to each other as much as usual.
It could mean many things, ranging from "I need to able to have sex with somebody else and not feel bad about it" to "I need to prove to myself that I can go through the day without seeing your face and hearing your voice" to "I'm so sick of hanging out with you but I don't have the heart to say it."
The one conclusion we can draw from these different interpretations is that "I need space" mostly always has a hidden meaning or intention.
!!!!

6 Likes

Re: . by phr0nesis(m): 3:59pm On Dec 30, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 30, 2017
phr0nesis:

She might be right, I may not have offended her. The issue has been settled but I just don't want it to repeat itself. That's why I'm asking for suggestions on how to handle it next time without hurting her feelings
Ask her what she'd like you to do differently in case of next time. What would work for Mr A won't work for B.

1 Like

Re: . by phr0nesis(m): 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2017
Re: . by phr0nesis(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2017
kimbraa:
Ask her what she'd like you to do differently in case of next time. What would work for Mr A won't work for B.
Thank you. I'll try this
Re: . by PeacenLove2: 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
Op, this is quite simple. At first I thought maybe she didn't want to continue with the relationship. Guys and girls alike use the line "I just need some space " to break up in a lighter mode. But this case is obviously different.

Looks like she was just having a bad day and was reluctant to share with you or anyone at the moment and you claim you care about someone and you left her that way for days, not cool. She obviously wouldn't do that to you case reversed. I think you guys just need to learn about each other very well, know how you both deal with challenges and you should be fine. Good luck, guys. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Martin0(m): 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
phr0nesis:
Mehn. How can I identify the kind of space she desires
Is she not ur babe?
Re: . by ubunja(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
phr0nesis:

One disagreement can't just make me leave her
understandable.
but if your disagreements takes a third party to intervene then WTF!! are u gona always rely on others to help u solve your domestic issues.
i never was a fan of mind games. if someone goes mute while u try to understand her problem only to get pissed when u do give her space its a big red flag. she is immature.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Juliette05(f): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2017
She is mulling over a new relationship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2017
She's mumbled up with lot's of confusing emotions about u. So she needs space to think straight. Maybe u are always all over when u guys are together, and she simply need u to chill, just back off or be a friend.

2 Likes

Re: . by phr0nesis(m): 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2017

2 Likes

Re: . by sweetetlove(f): 12:44am On Dec 31, 2017
phr0nesis:

She might be right, I may not have offended her. The issue has been settled but I just don't want it to repeat itself. That's why I'm asking for suggestions on how to handle it next time without hurting her feelings
she just needed you to hold her, women are complex and sensitive beings maybe she was having period cramps or just emotionally down. Next time just pull her into your arms and make her feel like she has someone that cares wink

2 Likes

Re: . by Macgreat(m): 1:16am On Dec 31, 2017
Be careful Mr Man.

These are the signs. . . enjoy them and when is time - Run!

Obviously she is Emotional Unstable. You don't need such a woman in your life.

You can see the level of confusion you are in right now.

More confusion on the way. If someone can boldly say this things to you for not calling - boy! You are in for a bigger mess.

But wait, most you date a Nigerian girl? Are there no good responsible girls out there? This sounds like she is the most normal Nigerian girl you've met.

Forget about nationality or Origin and date a responsible girl who has control over her emotions.

Wish you all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ksbusari(m): 1:20am On Dec 31, 2017
they think we r creative. we can create space

1 Like

Re: . by phr0nesis(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2017

3 Likes

Re: . by popefuse(m): 2:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
She want to taste another joystick. Shikena
Re: . by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
phr0nesis:
Hello Romancelanders.

To start, let me explain why I'm asking. First of all I'm not a kid but for the first time of my life I started a relationship this year (January to be precise). Reason is that I was a member of "team White girls" until I met this absolutely fabulous Naija girl.

First 10 months of our relationship went without a single disagreement between us. The very first occurred last month (November) when I paid her a visit and she wasn't her regular self, I probed to find out what was wrong but she wouldn't say, I tried to enliven her spirit through jokes and asked her for an outing; she declined. So I remembered that It was said that Ladies like their space sometimes so I gave her some space. Three days later bae called and tagged me insensitive, heartless, uncaring etc. and ended the call and also refused answering my calls afterwards. With interventions from my younger sister we overcame our first hitch but I really wouldn't want such to repeat itself so I'm calling on you guys (especially the ladies) to please give me a real definition of what it means to want some space.

Thanks

Don't fall for this scam, they have been doing this for centuries and it won't stop any time sooner. It's called reverse psychology. She is sad because you are happy and wants to ruin your happiness by making you feel you are responsible.
If not, why would she call you heartless, what heartless act have you done exactly or asking after someone's welfare is heartless and insensitive?? .. The truth is, women don't even know what they want, how much more Men.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by phr0nesis(m): 3:39pm On Dec 31, 2017

1 Like

Re: . by phr0nesis(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Re: . by Konquest: 11:29am On Apr 22, 2021
Martin0:

There is little to no concrete
definition of "space" when it
pertains to a certain closing stage of
a romantic relationship. When
someone you were dating claims
that he or she needs "space," the
recipient has no idea what this
person means other than the fact
that they aren't going to see or talk
to each other as much as usual.

It could mean many things, ranging from
"I need to able to have sex with
somebody else and not feel bad about
it" to "I need to prove to myself that I can
go through the day without seeing your
face and hearing your voice" to "I'm so
sick of hanging out with you but I don't
have the heart to say it."

The one conclusion we can draw from
these different interpretations is that "I
need space" mostly always has a hidden
meaning or intention.

!!!!
Spot on!
Re: . by Konquest: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
sweetetlove:
she just needed you to hold her, women are complex and sensitive beings maybe she was having period cramps or just emotionally down. Next time just pull her into your arms and make her feel like she has someone that cares wink
Okay... lol. So she had to shoot
verbal arrows at him by calling
him: "insensitive, heartness, and
uncaring."

What kinda psychological warfare
is that? grin

Any way her dramatic reaction
is kinda cute if it was done to
gain her man's attention or true commitment after 10 months of dating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Konquest: 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
ubunja:

understandable.
but if your disagreements takes a third party to intervene then WTF!! are u gona always rely on others to help u solve your domestic issues.

i never was a fan of mind games. if someone goes mute while u try to understand her problem only to get pissed when u do give her space its a big red flag. she is immature.
Third party intervention... Big red
flag.

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

I Was Just Screaming Helplessly; Lady Narrates The First Time She Squirted / My Wife Is Cheating On Me With A Vibrator / Outrage As Female Government Staff's Nude Footage Leaks Online. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.