Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

2017 What A Year - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 2017 What A Year (946 Views)

If A Man Dates You For a year or more And latter Dumps You,check Yourself. / Thread For All Those Still Single In 2017: What's The Way Forward? / Chinenye Okonkwo, A Nairalander, Is Contesting For MBGN 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2017 What A Year by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
The summary of 2017 by greyboy

2017 was a year filled with a heap of activities.

Globally,

We had natural disasters around the world and also felt the beauty of nature. We had hurricanes in the Americas and the wonder of a lunar eclipse on the same continent.

We saw the rise of extremism and the reawakening of liberalism. We followed a protest by white extremists in the united states and the elections of a liberal Emanuel macron in France

We saw the remnant of a caliphate and the rise of nuclear race. We ensured the defeat of an Islamic state in Iraq and Syria and the rise of a nuclear race on the Korean peninsula

We experienced the end of an era and the kickoff of a new one. We had the end of Robert Mugabe and Issa Hayatu as the presidents of confederation of African football (CAF) and Zimbabwe respectively. We also saw the rise of new leaders across Africa

We experienced the push for separation and the coming together of humankind for the greater good. We saw how separatist groups from Europe to the middle east pushed for new countries and we considered how people rallied around the "ME TOO" campaign to prosecute offenders of sexual assault

The norms and world order were challenged throughout the year by the world leaders

In Nigeria,

We saw the fall of a militant group and the reawakening of an idea of separation. We witnessed the reduction in the powers of Boko haram and rise in the agitation for Biafra.

We felt the euphoria of being a Nigerian and the difficulty that comes with it. We all relished the way Nigeria qualified for the soccer world cup and the way Nigerian musicians like Davido, Wizkid and Tekno shine on the world stage. Yet, we all struggled with the poor economy of the nation

The country ran without its president for months, but peace loving Nigerians kept the nation united in the face of adversity.

Yes, in 2017 we had a blast.

I'll see you all in 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 What A Year by richythePH(f): 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: 2017 What A Year by makydebbie(f): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2017
2017 is here, 2017 is leaving. We're coming to face 2018. My humble advice to everyone. While you're expecting 2018 to be that year, the best year of our lives, don't forget no matter how we try, life will always fvck us all.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm just trying to let us see life as it is. Don't misunderstand me.

While we're expecting the best from 2018, we should also be prepared for the worst. Because in the end, shiit happens. Shiit always fvcks us up. We shouldn't be caught unawares, we should be ready for whatever life throws at us and make the best of it.

See you all in 2018. I love you all. kiss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2017 What A Year by Blackhawk03(f): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
Just few hours to go. Yipeeeeeeeeee! cheesy grin

2017, I became stronger. cool
Re: 2017 What A Year by Sheun001(m): 5:59pm On Dec 31, 2017
Blackhawk03:

Happy new year in adv dearie cheesy
Re: 2017 What A Year by Sheun001(m): 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2017
makydebbie:
2017 is here, 2017 is leaving. We're coming to face 2018. My humble advice to everyone. While you're expecting 2018 to be that year, the best year of our lives, don't forget no matter how we try, life will always fvck us all.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm just trying to let us see life as it is. Don't misunderstand me.

While we're expecting the best from 2018, we should also be prepared for the worst. Because in the end, shiit happens. Shiit always fvcks us up. We shouldn't be caught unawares, we should be ready for whatever life throws at us and make the best of it.

See you too in 2018 sis cheesy
Re: 2017 What A Year by ArchEnemy(m): 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
makydebbie:

Let's rather see them as challenges that we 'll need to overcome by HIS Grace...kinda heavy d way you put it.
May it be a great year for us all
Re: 2017 What A Year by makydebbie(f): 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
Sheun001:

See you too in 2018 sis cheesy
You too hunnie. kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 What A Year by Blackhawk03(f): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
Sheun001:

Happy new year in adv dearie cheesy

Same to you Oluwaseun mi. kiss

Wanna hug you right now cheesy grin grin kiss
Re: 2017 What A Year by Blackhawk03(f): 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2017
makydebbie:

Deborah, I love you more and wish you happiness in the new year. And if there's a need to cry, my shoulders will forever be here for you to cry on. Love you to bits swtz. kiss kiss
Re: 2017 What A Year by makydebbie(f): 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
ArchEnemy:

Let's rather see them as challenges that we 'll need to overcome by HIS Grace...kinda heavy d way you put it.
May it be a great year for us all
Lol, just a wake up to reality.
Amen sir. smiley
Re: 2017 What A Year by AlexCk: 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2017
Hehehe,

What doesn't kill u, will only make u stronger.

1 Like

Re: 2017 What A Year by makydebbie(f): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
Blackhawk03:

Deborah, I love you more and wish you happiness in the new year. And if there's a need to cry, my shoulders will forever be here for you to cry on. Love you to bits swtz. kiss kiss
My love, you're one of the best gifts 2017 gave me and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world. We've been through stuffs together and we came out stronger. We gat each other okay? I love you too darling. kiss
Re: 2017 What A Year by Blackhawk03(f): 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
makydebbie:
My love, you're one of the best gifts 2017 gave me and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world. We've been through stuffs together and we came out stronger. We gat each other okay? I love you too darling. kiss

Mushy mushy mushy. I hate you angry sad
Re: 2017 What A Year by BuhariNaWah: 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2017
I thought airforce 1 would have been mentioned up there.

Op you no try.

It is too late to fail amen grin
Re: 2017 What A Year by SirMichael1: 6:33pm On Dec 31, 2017
What is 2018? It's a day different from 2017. I don't see the fuss in entering 2018. It's just tomorrow.

Change in mentality.

You can't possibly have a change in your thoughts or actions overnight just because a new year is at hand. It takes a whole lotta time and patience coupled with determination and insights.

I personally made a new year resolution. Just one. A very big one and will try by all means to be self disciplined while at it.

Wait.... Did I derail? embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 What A Year by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
SirMichael1:
What is 2018? It's a day different from 2017. I don't see the fuss in entering 2018. It's just tomorrow.

Change in mentality.

You can't possible have a change in your thoughts or actions overnight just because a new year is at hand. It takes a whole lotta time and patience coupled with determination and insights.

I personally made a new year resolution. Just one. A very big one and will try by all means to be self disciplined while at it.

Wait.... Did I derail? embarassed
the same thing I was about typing...
Re: 2017 What A Year by Sheun001(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
Blackhawk03:

Same to you Oluwaseun mi. kiss
Wanna hug you right now cheesy grin grin kiss
Awwwn thanks hun cheesy
May this year be a gbam by God's grace grin
Re: 2017 What A Year by makydebbie(f): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
Blackhawk03:

Mushy mushy mushy. I hate you angry sad
The feeling is mutual. Big head. angry sad
Re: 2017 What A Year by nezzar: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2017
2018 the year for Messi 2 show penaldo how it's done

The year I write my 3rd MBBS exam....God see me thru

1 Like

Re: 2017 What A Year by SirMichael1: 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
sekxy:

the same thing I was about typing...

Yeah, I personally don't see anything appealing in tomorrow. Not to be optimistic but it feels like the same thing only that it's a new month in a new week.

Most folks creating ambiguous resolutions eventually achieve next to nothing just like they did at the beginning of the year.

The annoying one is the cross over service. When I told my brother that I won't be going to church, he was like "You don't wanna cross over ehn?", like I'd die or something grin. Knowledge always salvage people from ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 What A Year by Blackhawk03(f): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
makydebbie:
The feeling is mutual. Big head. angry sad

undecided undecided undecided

Re: 2017 What A Year by makydebbie(f): 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2017
Blackhawk03:

undecided undecided undecided
Bread head. sad
Re: 2017 What A Year by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 01, 2018
makydebbie:

Modified

great advice
Wish you the same

I just came back from church when I made the initial comment and I was tired grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 What A Year by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 01, 2018
richythePH:
cool
happy new year bro cheesy
Re: 2017 What A Year by richythePH(f): 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2018
greiboy:
happy new year bro cheesy
same here fam

a happy new day, new month and new year filled with constant blessings to you

shey you go paint ibadan darkblue today o
Re: 2017 What A Year by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
richythePH:

same here fam

a happy new day, new month and new year filled with constant blessings to you

shey you go paint ibadan darkblue today o
lol

Thanks bruv,

I am not going out today, I will spend the day reflecting on the previous year and mapping out a strategy to improve myself in the next 364 days. Although, I have started the refection since Saturday last week

You,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 What A Year by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 01, 2018
Blackhawk03:

Happy new year sister grin
Re: 2017 What A Year by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2018
nezzar:
2018 the year for Messi 2 show penaldo how it's done

The year I write my 3rd MBBS exam....God see me thru
Good luck with the exams

small doctor." oko iya teacher" grin

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Is My Propose On This Earth,this World Is Unfair / Boxing Star Nicola Adams Is Heartbroken When 'fiancee' Leaves Her For A Man / One Plus One Equals One - Prewedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.