Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,368 members, 7,850,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. (856 Views)

Parents Should Be Careful: See What An 8 Year Old Submitted On Her Assignment. / "After 14 Years Of Dating, He Came To Pay My Bride Price" - Beautiful Lady Says / Man Marrying 6 Women In Delta, Pays Bride Price Of 3, Leaves 3 Stubborn Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. by Greenbullet(m): 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2018
Bride price is a test given to the husband so as to see his capability, but some parents especially in the EAST ,see it as a poverty alleviation scheme, let me tell you a short story.
My friend married from a Yoruba Family and guess what, the father -in-law told the boy not to pay a dime for bride price, The cost of the wedding was shared between my friend and the father, right now my friend is in England with his wife, the money he intended to use for the bride price is what he used to process their travelling documents, I am the one in charge of building his house, at roofing stage and has purchased land for a shopping mall (new), if the father was greedy like some people, the husbands life wouldn't have taken this turn !
Lalasticlala
Seun
Tosyne2much
Dominique
Aminat505
Aireomon
Mukina2
Smellymouth
Royalroy
Oa4mj
Vickiz
Iamj
Jamariwolf
Re: Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 18, 2018
so his bride was foregin I dont think customary marrige has a stipulation for paymsnt of bride price to forgein families
Re: Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 18, 2018
Is not a much you pay pride price tongue
Re: Why Parents Should Abolish Bride Price. by donstan18: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2018
Greenbullet:

Bride price is a test given to the husband so as to see his capability, but some parents [s] especially in the EAST ,see it as a poverty alleviation scheme, [/s]

Bride price isn't a test, sir
If paying parents to take their daughter is to be considered a test, no man will fail, because with all possible means, you can get the money you pass that test.

When next you want to strike a healthy discussion, don't use "Especially" on any tribe.

Bride price is suppose to be an agreed or a traditional sum of money or quantity of goods given to a bride's family by that of the groom in some traditional societies.

Greenbullet:

My friend married from a Yoruba Family and guess what, the father -in-law told the boy not to pay a dime for bride price,

It's was the father in-law's decision not to collect, not a decision from yoruba tradition.

(1) (Reply)

Which Do You Prefer Between BBNaija And Gulder Ultimate Search? / Father In-law Kisses Bride At His Son’s Wedding / Lines To A Woman's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.