Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,293 members, 7,829,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition (44251 Views)

Igbos Voted Atiku, Why Demand SFG From Buhari? - Northern Group Mocks Ohanaeze / Atiku: Why I Asked Bulkachuwa To Withdraw From Presidential Election Tribunal / Atiku: Why I did not attend Peace Accord Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by mexxmoney: 7:32am On Jan 06, 2018
Politicians!!
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by surgical: 7:51am On Jan 06, 2018
Flets:
To fools like Tinubu, it's all about personal interest. The fulani killings, the fuel scarcity, the battered economy and everyday ridiculing of the Nigerian human is all politics.

Shame on Nigerian masses, fool's everywhere
Tinubu been playing ludo with their life. while enjoying champagne life with wife and family.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by yanshDoctor: 8:10am On Jan 06, 2018
tinubu to become presidency? wonders sha never ends.

tinubu does not care about the suffering of the masses but political interest.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Cchuks27(m): 8:11am On Jan 06, 2018
Media war has started against Atiku. My people it's all a ploy to deceive us, we must stay WOKE this period against APC and their antics.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by gotnel: 8:12am On Jan 06, 2018
Let the games begin receiving momentum. It's too early to say what direction the tide will face.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by dieBYfire: 8:21am On Jan 06, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Has Nairaland "Likes" replaced Voters Cards In Biafra?

Deluded IPOB Yoots.. grin grin

Madam make e no too pain you Abeg, not everybody that hates Buhari is an IPOB.... grin
Am atikulating too, If He doesn't get the ticket , I will vote any other candidate ,but not Buhari... Sorry no vex grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2018
okay. smiley
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by SoNature(m): 8:23am On Jan 06, 2018
Igbodefender aka the 2023 Igbo presidency campaigner needs to read this. I always tell people that even though I prefer one Nigeria, I strongly believe my Igbo brothers have genuine reasons for seeking secession.

If an Igbo man isn't considered for presidency in 2023 and Nigeria isn't restructured, I will give my everything to the fight for our people to secede from Nigeria. This madness has to stop!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by BeijinDossier: 8:24am On Jan 06, 2018
"He said Buhari would be finishing his second term in 2023, thus putting the South West and possibly Tinubu in a good stead to vie for the presidency. The source said that Tinubu believes that if he is not going to contest in 2023, rallying the South West to sup- port Buhari now would put the zone in a van- tage position to get the support of the North at the expiration of the Buhari presidency".

This is for Igbo morons that think that Tinubu or APC leadership shall give them ticket in 2023. Where's the limping one legged failed Okoroawusa come hear your party men.

Atiku is the best shot for Igbos. We have chances of at least producing the VP now and presidential candidate once Atiku is done.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Kingspin(m): 8:24am On Jan 06, 2018
2019 vote against religion and tribal ruling.. Get the person who qualify..
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Kingspin(m): 8:26am On Jan 06, 2018
Tinubu maybe hungry to leave Buhari but he has no choice... Which party could he go thereafter.. Politics, religion and tribalism aside Buhari has failed, he may favor you as a individual or group but the ultimate is he fail the whole nation. 2019, required a stabilizing candidate. I pray we get one...The wanton killing have broken every record.. Enough is Enough!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by hardeytarhyour(m): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2018
pleaae just sure u are doing everything Godly,
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by tuniski: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2018
modath:

Same to you my bros.. ..

As for the topic under review, I don't see PDP even fielding Atiku, he's carrying around too much baggage.... All they need is his financial war chest ... Once done, they'd pull the "umbrella" from his head at the last minute just when the rain turns stormy..... smiley
The baggages are scars of political battles of a true gladiator. The baggages are his strength. APC goons doing what PDP did saying buhari will be a walk over today the rest is history.
Atiku is the best to take on Buhari irrespective of what the ApC are saying. In fact they are scared of Atiku!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 06, 2018
But think of it, how is tinubu, a strong APC member expected to support someone in another party? Its just normal stuff
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Jones4190(m): 8:34am On Jan 06, 2018
Analogy of OPPRESSOR & FOOLISH CITIZENS.
(A case study of Nigeria citizens & their elected oppressors).
During the Soviet dictatorship of Joseph Stalin. He was a
brutal dictator with mind of his own. On one fateful day,
Stalin came to Politburo meeting with a live chicken.
Standing in front of audience, He started to pluck the
feathers of the live chicken off one by one.
The chicken trembled in pain, blood tricking out of its pores.
It gave out grievous cries, but Stalin being a cruel dictator
continued without remorse plucking the feathers out until
the chicken was completely Unclad.
After which, he threw the chicken on the ground. The Unclad
chicken was staggering in pain. Stalin goes into his pocket
and from his pockets, he took out some chicken food and
started to throw it at the poor & hapless creature.
The poor chicken in pain started eating and Stalin started
walking towards his seat. As he walked away, he kept
dropping some feeds on the floor & the chicken followed
him and sat feeding from his feet.
Joseph Stalin then turned to members of his political party
leadership. He said, "This chicken represents the people".
"You must disempower them, brutalise them, beat them up,
starve them and then leave them".
"If you do this, go into your pocket & give them peanuts
when they are in that helpless and desperate situation, they
will blindly follow you for the rest of their life, worshiping
you".
"They will think you are a hero forever. They will forget that,
you're responsible for their sorrowful situation in the first
place."
Breath taking, isn't it ?
Now! Take a look at all the people some Nigerians are busy
defending on social media.
Take a look at those they call their heroes. They are the
same people who plunged Nigeria into the situation she is.
They are the same people who are responsible for their
predicaments.
Did you see the numbers of people that throng to Saraki's
House during this Sallah period to go collect peanuts?
People trooping to Bola Ahmed Tinubu Foundation offices to
collect branded One kilo bag of Rice & Noddles. Did you see
the number of people of all ages who troop out to welcome
Ex- convict James Ibori to South South!
Your guess is as good as mine.
Nigerians kill those they should defend and defend those
they should kill!
Pass to all your contacts & let your Political & Religion
Leaders read, understand & digest.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Emvicprints1: 8:34am On Jan 06, 2018
They just want to make headlines.
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by zeuchineesnacks: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

My Sis, It is a patriotic duty to My country.... Since these never-do-wells have decided to Hate Buhari and Nigeria for no good reason except that their corrupt Hero was voted out in 2015...
I have also decided to like and Support Buhari and Nigeria Without "Any Fault"....If they can't bear it, let them take a cue from their Urine Provider and exit the space...

Wishing the same too....Have a wonderful Year!

and by voting buhari u are being patriotic? If u are speaking of corruption isn't he worse than Gej? At least Gej stole secretly, buhari is looting in your face without respect for this country. What do u know u are standing by, Mr patriotic haven't ur people suffered enough? There is no government as neglectful Dan this government and u are constant here making unnecessary noise. People like u are the once we fear most in this country cos they have vowed that this country won't move forward. Don't belittle urself as usual by throwing insults, if u have anything to say go on

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by bamoski(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2018
Omeokachie:
" Tinubu opted to support Buhari as against Atiku because he believes strongly that Atiku would not honour a single term agreement if allowed to take a shot at the presidency."

Tinubu thinking about his personal selfish interest, packaged as national interest for the gullible.

He could afford for the country to continue on this path of destruction for another 4yrs just so he can have a go at holding the purse strings at the federal level.

People like that modath up there can never see this because they are blinded by tribalism
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by MrMcJay(m): 8:45am On Jan 06, 2018
icedfire:

this Here is the reason why i would personally vote for that cow rearing old boko Haram fulani herdsman from d daura. the suffering can't be worse than this. but come 2023 God sparing us, we would have our first Igbo president. except they want a nationwide crises. Atiku and buhari are the same. they are both Northerners so i see no difference. a vote for atiku means the igbos and middle belt will wait till 2027!!! haba that's too long a time

Threats don't win elections, alliances and bridges do.
Until you learn that, leadership may be a mirage.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by davbaba: 8:48am On Jan 06, 2018
How many votes card do u have? Tinubu thinking about his personal selfish interest, packaged rubbish person as our president we waiting for you
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Sermwell(m): 9:30am On Jan 06, 2018
modath:

Mz...you ehn... you can never taya smiley Awayu? wishing you a bright & beautiful 2018. ..Take care..
Who are you refering to as Mz?? I hope you are not so gullible to know that the person behind that moniker is a MALE, or are you just pretending! Even a kid on nairaland knows that Ngeneukwenu is a MALE! cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Sermwell(m): 9:30am On Jan 06, 2018
modath:

Mz...you ehn... you can never taya smiley Awayu? wishing you a bright & beautiful 2018. ..Take care..
Who are you refering to as Mz?? I hope you are not so gullible to know that the person behind that moniker is a MALE, or are you just pretending?? Even a kid on nairaland knows that Ngeneukwenu is a MALE! cheesy cheesy
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Reference(m): 9:31am On Jan 06, 2018
I thought APC east were bidding for the presidency in 2023....hmmm..
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by OduduaDefender(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2018
modath:

shocked shocked.... Oh oh.... So when your house & your neighbor's are both on fire, you'd leave yours to tend to another man's issue while leaving your's unattended to... So "smart"!!! lipsrsealed
As for get even.... Mba, it's all man for himself !

Where have you been?
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by IBBG(m): 9:43am On Jan 06, 2018
interesting. as for me and my household anything other than buhari o
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2018
kahal29:
AMID subtle moves by power brokers ahead of the 2019 general elections, facts have emerged that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar may have lost some of his age-long political allies in his quest to contest the next presidential election.

Prominent among them is the former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who has not only been Atiku’s political ally but a long time business partner. During the 2007 general elections when Atiku was denied the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), it was Tinubu who provided the former vice president the platform of the Action Congress(AC) and both of them remained together until 2014 when the Waziri Adamawa contested for the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress(APC), which he lost to the incumbent, President Muhammadu Buhari.

A very close associate of the former Lagos governor and who is also a leader of the APC told Saturday Sun on condition of anonymity that Tinubu opted to support Buhari as against Atiku because he believes strongly that Atiku would not honour a single term agreement if allowed to take a shot at the presidency.

He said Buhari would be finishing his second term in 2023, thus putting the South West and possibly Tinubu in a good stead to vie for the presidency. The source said that Tinubu believes that if he is not going to contest in 2023, rallying the South West to sup- port Buhari now would put the zone in a van- tage position to get the support of the North at the expiration of the Buhari presidency.

He observed that beyond politics, there had been a cold relationship in recent time between Tinubu and Atiku because their stakes in the oil giant, Oando have really been battered by the dwindling economic fortunes of the company.

Beside, Tinubu, it was gathered that most PDP governors are not particularly comfortable with Atiku because they believe that he belongs to Buhari’s age bracket, which they intend to make a campaign issue in 2019.

As a result, the various caucuses especially the most dominant one controlled by the South South governors led by the Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike have been shopping for a younger candidate.

Saturday Sun learnt that the move had led the caucus to look in the direction of the Sokoto State governor, Aminu Tambuwal.

Besides all these, Atiku is also having issues with his close friends in APC who are angry that he never consulted well before leaving for the PDP. Saturday Sun learnt that one of such friends is a former governor in Benue State and an influential member of the current Sen- ate who recently met Atiku and protested the former Vice President’s hasty exit from the APC. A close friend to Atiku who disclosed the protest to Saturday Sun said the aggrieved Benue lawmaker was angry that Atiku would be left stranded in the PDP because the opposition party’s governors might have made up their minds to give their presidential ticket to a younger candidate.

A member of the PDP National Working Committee (NWC) told Saturday Sun that notwithstanding the alignment going on among stakeholders, the party has decided to throw its door open to any aspirant interested in the presidential race.

But reacting to the development, Tinubu who spoke through his media adviser, Tunde Rahman, said the issue of supporting Atiku Abubakar or not is a ‘moot point.’

He said: “Asiwaju Tinubu and former Vice President Atiku belong to two different political parties. Asiwaju will support his party and the party’s candidate any day. Moreso, Asiwaju’s position on the presidency is very clear. He has said time and again that for as long as that patriotic leader, President Mu- hammadu Buhari, is on the saddle or seeks to run, he would not contest against him.

“He played a yeoman’s role in bringing this government to power and he believes President Buhari is confronting the nation’s problems head on. He is not saying there are no challenges but he has always said he has implicit confidence in President Buhari to tackle these problems.

“Those who are busy fishing for other reasons for this undiluted support for PMB are free to do so. It’s their opinion and they are entitled to it.”

But in his response, Atiku who also spoke through his media adviser, Paul Ibe, said he has become the issue in Nigerian politics because Nigerians have seen him as the best option in the face of the monumental challenges they are facing and for which the current administration has no solutions except blame gaming.

He said: “As such, he will be the subject of falsehoods and accusations. It comes with the territory. These conjectures are baseless and without foundation whatsoever and I will not dignify them with a further response. Nigerians are jobless; poverty and hopelessness is rife.

“Our own Nigerian Bureau of Statistics revealed that over 10 million Nigerians have lost their jobs under this administration even as unemployment currently stands at 18.8 percent. Meanwhile, the cost of everything from food, to petrol, to electricity has gone up.

“Waziri Atiku Abubakar knows how to create jobs and opportunities and his focus is to alleviate the pains of the long suffering Nigerian people who spent their Christmas at fuel stations and from all indications may spend the early part of the New Year also at fuel stations rather than with loved ones.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/2019-presidency-atiku-tinubu-blow-hot/

For now tinubu is dead politically.
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by notoriousbabe: 10:18am On Jan 06, 2018
LilSmith55:
That's una wahala..... Nigeria might be better without a president
especially the one from the north
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by smulti(m): 10:20am On Jan 06, 2018
merit455:
You don start ohhh,Mr Okoro......respect urself

another ban await you if you had gone further than this gringringrin
Re: Tinubu To Atiku: Why I Can't Support Your 2019 Presidential Ambition by roscoman: 10:22am On Jan 06, 2018
Well I think any reasonable Nigerians should never thinking of bringing Buhari back to Aso Rock come 2019. It is very clear that Tinubu wanted to support Buhari again in 2019 not because of Nigerians but for selfish reason, he Tinubu wanted to be president after Buhari second term in office. But my problem is that Tinubu should forget about ruling Nigeria anytime, any day. When he ruled Lagos State he acquired all both privates and government landed properties and perfected all papers in his favour. You can now imagine ruling Nigeria, Nigeria is finished. Did Tinubu think Buhari would hand over power to him ?. When peoples like Nasir Elrufai,Kaseem Shetima, Kayode Fayemi, Rotimi Amechi just to mentioned a few. Aside from age barrier, all other factors would worked against Tinubu in 2023 even from South West where he believed he has control. By 2023, Tinubu would be around seventy plus and he think Igbo would support him ?. Let us wait and see.

Now if Woke and other new leaders in PDP now think Tambuwal can face Buhari, Woke and others are just joking and deceiving themselves. I am stand to be corrected, the only PDP candidate that can face and look Buhari eye to eye is Atiku Abubakar so any other candidates would just be a walk over for APC / Buhari come 2019.

Worthy of note is that, if PDP should leave South West opened without allocating good political office to that zone, then PDP does that at their own Peri. I rest my case here till another day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dorothy Nsonma Ihedioha, Mother Of Emeka Ihedioha, Receives Her Son / How APC Intends To Finish Off Saraki (see SEC 24 Of The CCT Act ) / Boko Haram Commanders Chatting & Smiling In Court In Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.