Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,907 members, 7,844,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us (5941 Views)

No Ex-govt Official Should Leave Nigeria After May 29 – Yayale / Buhari Jets To London With Diezani On Board / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2010
mikeansy:

That was the conclusion you always wanted to reach. But even with folks picking apart your claims . . . .you have simply made a conscious decision to announce your pre-determined conclusion anyway.

Thank you for your honesty
my bad.if you think otherwise,what other reason would you give for yaradua for not handing over to jonathan.lets call a spade a spade.stop being sentimental but objective
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Kobojunkie: 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

my bad.if you think otherwise,what other reason would you give for yaradua for not handing over to jonathan.lets call a spade a spade.stop being sentimental but objective

I think there is more to what we have now than what we are led to believe. Yar adua did not handover but Jonathan himself does not want to take over power from Yar adua. He is part reason why Yar adua is still president.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by chigsmith: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2010
how i love this forum it is most entertaining and educative wink
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I think there is more to what we have now than what we are led to believe. Yar adua did not handover but Jonathan himself does not want to take over power from Yar adua. He is part reason why Yar adua is still president.
nigeria politicians dont respect the constitution.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Apr 09, 2010
That is the unfortunate aspect of what we have today. If the constitution had been respected, we would have had something better than what we have today.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Jarus(m): 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2010
@Kobo,
Hope you got my mails?
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 09, 2010
Jarus:

@Kobo,
Hope you got my mails?

what is going on?

I am also single oh!!!!!

grin grin grin
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Apr 09, 2010
Jarus:

@Kobo,
Hope you got my mails?

Got them @Jarus. Thanks a bunch!
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by safariman(m): 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2010
Please send me all your questions and I will ask Jonathan on Sunday during dinner. I can smell the aroma of goat meat and idikaikong coming from the white house already
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by trueword: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2010
And I don't believe that anything will happen while Jonathan is away. He will still hold the presidential power. He could come back on a dimes notice if something is happening.

Yayale would not have full presidential power to really do much, just as Jonathan didn't have any real presidential power before National Assembly gave it to him. I'm sure the NSA will keep Jonathan updated on any development.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Ikengawo: 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2010
are you people arguing about how will 'replace' jonathan during a visit that will last less then 8 hours maximum? shocked
lol you people are crazy.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by trueword: 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2010
Ikengawo:

are you people arguing about how will 'replace' jonathan during a visit that will last less then 8 hours maximum? shocked

i believe jonathan will be there until next thursday
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Beaf: 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2010
Ikengawo:

Sunday to Thursday. . . 8 hours? shocked
Eze goes to school! grin
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Feraz(m): 11:37pm On Apr 09, 2010
Ikengawo:

Beaf:

Sunday to Thursday. . . 8 hours? shocked
Eze goes to school! grin
lol. Keep the debates coming!
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by 006(m): 11:40pm On Apr 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Maybe you need someone to fire one mkponani before your brain will open to assimilate something so simple and straightforward.

A President or A. President does not hand over power to the next official in line of succession while on an official duty whether home or abroad no matter the duration provided he/she wasn't incapacitated during that period, but can delegate power to any minister in his/her administration.

The President or A. President remains the C-in-C, which is the most critical function of the office, anywhere in the world or even moon, if it becomes easily accessible, provided he/she is not incapacitated.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by hackney(m): 12:09am On Apr 10, 2010
Won't this newbie Jonathan of a man sit down in Abuja and take care of  domestic
issues?

Is the new trend presidential vacuum these days in nigeria?
In my opinion, what ever it is he is off to do can wait considering the situation of the government.

From the way nigerians get simple things wrong tells me clearly that the days when
older people were wiser are well and truly gone.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by mikeoscar: 12:30am On Apr 10, 2010
The chain of command goes as follows

1. President
2. Vice President
3. Senate President
4. Speaker of House
5. Deputy Senate President
6. Deputy Speaker of House

Yayale Ahmed as SGF is no where near in that list of 6.

However this is what you guys are confusing. Delegating Authority and next in line of Command.
Each time the President goes abroad expecially when he is on Government Business. He does not need to handover to anybody. He is still in charge, he just has to delegate executive authority but will still be consulted if there is need to take major decisions.

However if the President is indisposed or going on medical leave, then he has to handover to the next in line of command.

Jonathan Goodluck is still in charge and can perfectly delegate the cordination of affairs of State to Yayale Ahmed since he is the SGF. If there is need to represent the President somewhere in the country, the Ministers are immediately there.

But that is not to say any of these folks are next in line to the VP/Acting President. Next in the chain of command is David Mark not Yayale.
If Jonathan drops dead or incapacitated, David Mark takes over not Yayale.

But situation does not call for handover of power to next in line of command.
Though the practice of perpetual Acting Presidency is illegal. But there is nothing like because the Acting President must always handover power in other to pursue Government Business abroad then he must have an Acting Vice President. That makes no sense and has no place in the constitution.

Brilliant knowledge of Governance.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by trueword: 1:15am On Apr 10, 2010
hackney:

Won't this newbie Jonathan of a man sit down in Abuja and take care of domestic
issues?

Is the new trend presidential vacuum these days in nigeria?
In my opinion, what ever it is he is off to do can wait considering the situation of the government.

From the way nigerians get simple things wrong tells me clearly that the days when
older people were wiser are well and truly gone.

How would it look for Jonathan to deny the invitation of Obama? Many leaders are hoping that they get a chance to meet Obama. I'm sure Jonathan took into thought this issue when making choices of minister of defense, etc.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 10, 2010
Jonathan has not been driving tanks around Abuja to deter potential coup plotters so I don't know why his absence makes any difference.

By the way no coup plotter will dethrone a leader while they are in Washington. That is an embarrassment America will consider an afront and would not accept.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 10, 2010
006:

Maybe you need someone to fire one mkponani before your brain will open to assimilate something so simple and straightforward.

A President or A. President does not hand over power to the next official in line of succession while on an official duty whether home or abroad no matter the duration provided he/she wasn't incapacitated during that period, but can delegate power to any minister in his/her administration.

The President or A. President remains the C-in-C, which is the most critical function of the office, anywhere in the world or even moon, if it becomes easily accessible, provided he/she is not incapacitated.

stop whinning.you are only making up this assumption as the constitution didnt make provision for this for line of succession if the president is travelling out abroad.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by deoyel25(m): 7:59am On Apr 10, 2010
@edoyad, you are a bad belle.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by sleak1: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2010
Beaf:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by 006(m): 4:46pm On Apr 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

stop whinning.you are only making up this assumption as the constitution didnt make provision for this for line of succession if the president is travelling out abroad.

That's because the President remains the president even when he is abroad, provided he's not incapacitated, and does not need to hand over to anybody but can delegate specific authorities to any executive member of his administration as taken care of in s.5 of 1999 constitution.

However, when the president is on vacation, home or abroad, then s.145 takes precedence and the President must transmit a written declaration to both the SP and SHA; afterwards, the VP becomes the A.President for that duration

Don't be olodo, read!
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2010
006:

That's because the President remains the president even when he is abroad, provided he's not incapacitated, and does not need to hand over to anybody but can delegate specific authorities to any executive member of his administration as taken care of in s.5 of 1999 constitution.

However, when the president is on vacation, home or abroad, then s.145 takes precedence and the President must transmit a written declaration to both the SP and SHA; afterwards, the VP becomes the A.President for that duration

Don't be olodo, read!

you are trying to cover up jonathan's indiscretion.since the constitution did not stipulate line of temporary handover of power when the president is travelling out,jonathan should have handover to mark since he's the next person he would have handover to if he is going on vacation.just this morning,the polish president died in a plane crash,what if he hadnt properly handover to the next person to him in line of succession.you cant rule out any eventuality in government,therefore there should be proper line of succession.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by KnowAll(m): 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2010
you are trying to cover up jonathan's indiscretion.since the constitution did not stipulate line of temporary handover of power when the president is travelling out,jonathan should have handover to mark since he's the next person he would have handover to if he is going on vacation.just this morning,the polish president died in a plane crash,what if he hadnt properly handover to the next person to him in line of succession.you cant rule out any eventuality in government,therefore there should be proper line of succession.

Mr man, Dr Know has spelt it out to u, I would advise u to go and read his post again, In a Presidential System we have 3 arms of goverment, the Eexecutive, the legislative and the Judiciary. One thing u should realise is we are in an unsual time. What befell our substantive President is very unlikely to happen for a long time. If it were a case of straight death of the President succession would also be straight forward and those conditions are well documented in the constitution.

For all intent and purposes the Acting President is in America on a working visit. If the presence of the Acting Preisdent is required in an emergency, be rest assured his butt would be on his sit within 8 hours. Are we now talking of who would suceed the Acting President in the interim, well the Excutive and that includes all 42 ministers and Director Generals and the armed forces would hold on to the fort, that is the mandate of the Executive to the Nigerian people. The Legislatures and the Judicairy have their own job discription and it does not include standing in for Mr President if he goes to the toilet to take a lick.

David Mark will only resume the position of the President if the President has being fatally injured, this is a scenrio that has been recited so many times on this thread, I am sure some of us know the relevant numbers of the clauses at heart by now.

The scenerio described above happened to the Chinese Premier when they had the G8 meeting in Italy, he had to dash home to attend to
demestic problems ensuing.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Do you have any proof of the Polish President handing over to Sejm Marshall before boarding his flight?

Stop making things up when you have no clue about them.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by richmanel(m): 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2010
Someone pls, where is Yayale from? Hope he does not pally with the"cabal" of our generation
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2010
mikeansy:

Do you have any proof of the Polish President handing over to Sejm Marshall before boarding his flight?

Stop making things up when you have no clue about them.
i only used the polish case as an example.God forbids.what if it was joanthan that was to involve in such,would you expect yayale to handover to david mark.as far as i am concern,there is vaccum in the corridor of power pending the arrival of jonathan
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i only used the polish case as an example.God forbids.what if it was joanthan that was to involve in such,would you expect yayale to handover to david mark.as far as i am concern,there is vaccum in the corridor of power pending the arrival of jonathan

The good news is the world does not work relative to your concerns.

Yayale can not handover what he does not have. Yayale is neither President nor Acting President. I also said it here, there will never be a handover of power to Senate President David Mark. David Mark can only be sworn in when the situation arise, thats what the law says.

Just go and do some reading and stop spewing crap online. There is no need taking on this debate any further because everyone from 006, Dr Know to KnowAll have said all there is to say about thing.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by KnowAll(m): 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2010
only used the polish case as an example.God forbids.what if it was joanthan that was to involve in such,would you expect yayale to handover to david mark.as far as i am concern,there is vaccum in the corridor of power pending the arrival of jonathan

You cannot continue with this line of nonesensical argument, are u serioulsy saying if the President goes to the shitters for 8 hours David Mark would be alerted once more again to take over because the Acting President cannot be found. What an askew argument.  undecided
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by sley4life(m): 9:40am On Apr 12, 2010
He looks to me like some1 ready to siphon the countrys fund during his short reign in charge.
Re: Yayale To Take Charge : As Jonathan Jets To Us by onyengbu1(m): 10:56am On Apr 12, 2010
Bluetooth can be  very annoying with his blind and baseless arguments.

Even when it has become clear that his argument is empty, he keeps looking for loopholes that are none existent.  Grow up please.

Cant you see how kobojunkie and others silently bowed out when it became clear to them that they are arguing out of context.

The acting president has not HANDED OVER and is not MANDATED to handover because he is going to US. He only DELEGATED power.

The key lies in Section 5, read it again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdul Mutallab, Slumps In Prison / FG To Spend N30bn For New National Identity Scheme / Nigeria’s Daily Petrol Consumption Hits Record High Of 93 Million Litres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.