Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? (9008 Views)

On The SPOT Pictures of an Overt Teenage Romance / I'm In Shock. A 15 Year Old Girl Told Me This Today / I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Proudlyblack(f): 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2018
18 By then they will be psychological and emotionally matured

1 Like

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Raph01: 9:08pm On Jan 14, 2018
blackgold2018:
No matter how endowed or experienced a 15 - 17yrs old teenager is.. I feel repulsive to date them.
#WORD #TRUE
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 9:10pm On Jan 14, 2018
ReinaFarine:

True sha...

But what will the two of them be discussing or doing that will differentiate normal platonic friendship and crushes and make it a relationship?
Lol. Not all relationships that don't involve sex (if sex is defined strictly as penetration) are platonic. I'm sure you get what I mean.

And the length of the relationship doesn't determine how meaningful it is.
True. But meaning is SUBJECTIVE. So, it's up to the person in the relationship himself to define meaning.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2018
Safiaaa:
I had my first boyfriend at 15. It just depends on the individual.
I agree. You're absolutely correct.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
blackgold2018:
No matter how endowed or experienced a 15 - 17yrs old teenager is.. I feel repulsive to date them.
Lol. Of course, because FOR YOU, they're underage, and it would be paedophilic.

But they can date their mates.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2018
Newboss:
She's underage! angry

You could land in jail for that! angry

Pedophilia! angry
Yeah, I know. But not if I'm also underage.

Most of you did not even answer the question. You're just saying unrelated things.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Jamariwolf4(f): 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Hey guys, what do you think of a 15-year old being in a relationship? Having a boyfriend or a girlfriend? Do you see anything wrong in it?

Share your thoughts on the matter---and if you think it's wrong in any way, kindly give your reasons.
Are you 15?

Honey you don't need dick right now, wait 4 or 5 more years. I'm not judging tho
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2018
Jamariwolf4:
Are you 15?

Honey you don't need dick right now, wait 4 or 5 more years. I'm not judging tho
LMAO. grin grin grin

1. I'm not 15

2. I'm a boy

3. You can be in a relationship without taking dick. grin

2 Likes

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
Daeylar:
Honestly I would say wait till maybe 17, I don't have a reason though. I just feel that's a good age.
I would have said date at 18 but some people get married at 18,
Good. But you agree dating at 15 isn't wrong.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by edimolu(m): 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2018
why should one have a girlfriend at such tender age?, in all entirety it is wrong! at that age, one should be more focused on having good grades!

1 Like

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2018
Proudlyblack:
By then they will be psychological and emotionally matured
But some 18-year olds can be dumb and clueless about things. So, is it really about age?

It depends on environment, education, parental heritage, level of exposure, and natural intelligence. Of course, age can be a factor too, but it's not necessarily the most important factor.

You underestimate 15-year olds too much.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2018
edimolu:
why should one have a girlfriend at such tender age?, in all entirety it is wrong! at that age, one should be more focused on having good grades!
Haha! But being in a relationship didn't make me have bad grades in school.

Is that the only reason why you think it's wrong?

Then I'll say it doesn't really matter.

By the way, how're you doing?
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by ReinaFarine: 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Lol. Not all relationships that don't involve sex (if sex is defined strictly as penetration) are platonic. I'm sure you get what I mean.

Yeah... There exist relationship without any form of sex (kissing included) that can still be deemed romantic...
I don't know sha..
I think they're not ready for the real intimacy (emotional intimacy) and strength their S/O expects from them...

But everyone matures differently... One of my 12 years old cousin is more matured mentally and emotionally compared to some of my 'aunties'

I have matured conversation and ask him his views in some important decisions I want to take in life yet...

To become responsible for someone in germs of being her emotional rock and support while she's still trying to process all the new emotions she's still getting used to as a new teenager just evolving in her body and not fully understanding the hormones and stuff, Oba is not ready for that...

True. But meaning is SUBJECTIVE. So, it's up to the person in the relationship himself to define meaning.

Of course...
If you can get what you want (at 15) from your girl, then it was meaningful...

But at fifteen, what do you want?
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Jamariwolf4(f): 9:46pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
LMAO. grin grin grin

1. I'm not 15

2. I'm a boy

3. You can be in a relationship without taking dick . grin
ohh my bad, I thought you was a girl. @bold, is that even possible? For real?
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by edimolu(m): 9:55pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Haha! But being in a relationship didn't make me have bad grades in school.

Is that the only reason why you think it's wrong?

Then I'll say it doesn't really matter.
By the way, how're you doing?
then it wasn't deep

good evening, am great nd u?
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 10:19pm On Jan 14, 2018
ReinaFarine:

Yeah... There exist relationship without any form of sex (kissing included) that can still be deemed romantic...
I don't know sha..
I think they're not ready for the real intimacy (emotional intimacy) and strength their S/O expects from them...

But everyone matures differently... One of my 12 years old cousin is more matured mentally and emotionally compared to some of my 'aunties'

I have matured conversation and ask him his views in some important decisions I want to take in life yet...

To become responsible for someone in germs of being her emotional rock and support while she's still trying to process all the new emotions she's still getting used to as a new teenager just evolving in her body and not fully understanding the hormones and stuff, Oba is not ready for that...
But some adults too are also not ready for it. They're so clueless it's shocking. So, is it really about age? I don't think so.

I dated my girlfriend till I was 18---and if not for her parents, we most-definitely will still be together---so how did we manage that if we were immature? If we didn't have what it takes to be in a relationship?

I think age is not the only factor----although it's not irrelevant---that's why some people have the age factor but are still not ready, while some might not be old enough yet will still be capable.

You said it yourself that you think a 16-year old is mature enough. So, if they're not ready at 15, do they magically become mature and ready for everything all of a sudden, just because they became a year older? shocked

Of course...
If you can get what you want (at 15) from your girl, then it was meaningful...

But at fifteen, what do you want?
Lol. That's for me to decide.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2018
There's nothing bad about a 15 year old dating. Not every relationship is meant to lead to marriage and that's ok.
Sometimes, we assume we'd love a particular thing in a relationship or about a person but we actually don't. Most of the times we don't know what we want but know what we DON'T want.

You are able to learn from your mistakes and you'll already know what exactly you want at a young age. Even if you might still be a young teen, that young teen will grow into an adult tomorrow and her/his personality, goals, relationships etc will be based on the EXPERIENCE of yesterday

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 10:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
edimolu:
then it wasn't deep
good evening, am great nd u?
You mean the relationship wasn't deep?
I'm great too, bro.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 10:35pm On Jan 14, 2018
lovelygurl:
There's nothing bad about a 15 year old dating. Not every relationship is meant to lead to marriage and that's ok.
Sometimes, we assume we'd love a particular thing in a relationship Or about a person but we actually don't. Most of the times we don't know what we want but know what we DON'T want.

You are able to learn from your mistakes and you'll already know what exactly you want at a young age. Even if you might still be a young teen, that young teen will grow into an adult tomorrow and her personality, goals etc will be based on the EXPERIENCE of yesterday
Very well said.

Even adults who're "old enough" still find themselves in that same journey of looking for "The One" through trial and error.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 10:41pm On Jan 14, 2018
Jamariwolf4:
ohh my bad, I thought you was a girl. @bold, is that even possible? For real?

Lol. Very possible.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
Very well said.

Even adults who're "old enough" still find themselves in that same journey of looking for "The One" through trial and error.

Exactly! As in, aren't those adults who still get a divorce due to mistakes they made?
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
lovelygurl:

Exactly! As in, aren't those adults who still get a divorce due to mistakes they made?
Lol. They probably weren't old enough. They were too young and immature, so they weren't ready for the relationship. grin
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Tozara(m): 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2018
Newboss:
CC: Mynd44 (Rule 2)
You called me a paedophile first.

All these disgusting hypocrites sha.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Daeylar(f): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2018
lovelygurl:
Sometimes, we assume we'd love a particular thing in a relationship or about a person but we actually don't. Most of the times we don't know what we want but know what we DON'T want.

You are able to learn from your mistakes and you'll already know what exactly you want at a young age. Even if you might still be a young teen, that young teen will grow into an adult tomorrow and her/his personality, goals etc will be based on the EXPERIENCE of yesterday
Can't argue with this. Perfection.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Newboss(m): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2018
Tozara:
You called me a paedophile first.

All these disgusting hypocrites sha.
You read that out of context! angry I was telling you what who does that is called! angry I never referred to you! angry I didn't even know that you're the OP! angry
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2018
Daeylar:

Can't argue with this. Perfection.

kiss
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by pepethemaniac: 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
Pierohandsome:
little children that ought to be talking abt 2+2=4 are there discussing boyfrnd and girlfrnd

15 year old solving 2+2? Our education sector has indeee gone to shiit.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 14, 2018
Newboss:
You read that out of context! angry I was telling you what who does that is called! angry I never referred to you! angry I didn't even know that you're the OP! angry
Damn. It seemed exactly like you were refering to me. Lol.

It's okay, man. No hard feelings.

We're cool. Right?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Re: Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? by Newboss(m): 11:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
Maezara:
Damn. It seemed exactly like you were refering to me. Lol.

It's okay, man. No hard feelings.

We're cool. Right?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
All right, man angryNo problem, man angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Got The Most Beautiful Girls In Nigeria : Resarch. / I Wonder Why Girls Do This (photo) / Kissing In Public- Is It Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.