Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? (60193 Views)

If Your Girlfriend Had A Past Like This, Would You Still Marry Her? (Photo) / I Don't Understand This Photo, Someone Intelligent Should Explain Please. / She Is Into Runs Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Mydazz(m): 1:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
Is she very innovative in the other room? If yes then our know the answer
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ade95: 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:

dont be stupid.more educated women are single and lonely than uneducated women.look around you.which women are happiest in love? the smart or the not so smart??
havent you guys proved you value a woman's brains as zero by trending sex dolls as romantic partners??
That's why I said don't educate your daughters ....wise man undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by honourable356(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2018
I have just few words to say...

Whoever I end up marrying must be intelligent...i repeat MUST! I am not saying she shouldn't be beautiful...

What I am saying is,

SHE MUST BE PRESENTABLE AND INTELLIGENT...(Education-wise, and common sense)
That is to say, I want a lady with all her quality but intelligence should be one of it.

Who want dull children?
Certainly no me!

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by TribesNG: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:
im not forming Einstein o, or Elon Musk.
But my girlfriend is below average when it comes to her reasoning.
she is studying a "useless" course in school, Local Govt Studies.
She lacks strategy when she addresses life matter.
If you discuss with her for 10 minutes youll notice her flaws.

she is very fine o and she has manners. i dont want to regret marrying her because of looks o.

can marring her be meaningful considering her intellectual laziness?

The exact Question Jonathan asked before marrying Patience.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Glocal1: 1:21pm On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

na pretty face i see o. now the flaws are dawning on me.
What course are you studying /did you study? Can she change her course? You can help her develop intellectually as well.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by byemx06(m): 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:
Give her books to read. Make sure she reads at least two books in a month.

You'll see changes.

Relationships are not just about sex and saying I love you. You should be able to bring positive changes to your partner.

best advice
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by hibeekay007(m): 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2018
Mirallas:

I think he is referring to,the relative context, not that it is totally useless.
in whatever context he meant it, it is disrespectful. Disrespectful to people who studied and are still studying the course, disrespectful to his girlfriend. what she's doing with a guy who thinks she's dumb nd studying a 'useless course' is what beats me tho..
ps: no course in the university is useless.. university no be sere sere.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DonX001: 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
Fawklicant:
There's a difference between brilliance and intelligence. The former mostly deals with academic excellence while the later deals with daily life mostly. An unintelligent person is not an ideal partner for an intelligent man. Two of you would be worlds apart and it is only a matter of time before she drags you down to her level. You think you can upgrade her? My brother think again!

Find your level bro otherwise you'll have to explain too often every of your words as they'd be constantly misconstrued. Insecurity of the highest order is what you'll notice in them.

Intelligence doesn't mean smart-mouthedness, find someone of average intelligence at least not a total dumbo. Pretty girls like that get everything though thier beauty and nothing else, so the incentive for self development is not there as they get favours from those who want the kitty. Despite every denial she may present, this saying still suffices; when there's beauty without brains, the private part suffers the most.

Guy, I've been feeling your posts on this thread bumper to bumper, and liking all of them too.
All you posts here have been a hit back to back.
In fact, take 1 Orijin there.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ubunja(m): 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
ade95:

That's why I said don't educate your daughters ....wise man undecided
why are you bothered about my daughters?
stick to what I find sexy.you'll be OK.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by sexdoll: 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
honourable356:
I have just few words to say...

Whoever I end up marrying must be intelligent...i repeat MUST! I am not saying she shouldn't be beautiful...

What I am saying is,

SHE MUST BE PRESENTABLE AND INTELLIGENT...(Education-wise, and common sense)
That is to say, I want a lady with all her quality but intelligence should be one of it.

Who want dull children?
Certainly no me!

What do you understand to be intelligence?

In other words, what will make you to know or say someone is intelligent?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Fawklicant: 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2018
DonX001:

Guy, I've been feeling your posts on this thread bumper to bumper, and liking all of them too.
All you posts here have been a hit back to back.
In fact, take 1 Orijin there.

Thanks bro. It's the least I can do to help a brother

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by lawrenzo007(m): 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:

You'll see changes.

Relationships are not just about sex and saying I love you. You should be able to bring positive changes to your partner.

True Talk
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by theDEVILisHERE: 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
Intelligence is not necessary

check for rationality and open mindedness
With that anyone can learn, unlearn and relearn, which is the basics of a balanced human being
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nasarawaboy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
edudguy:
Chai you wicked o. If you marry the beautiful ones, who will maryy the ugly ones
Lol
They will marry their type of guy.
Am not the most handsome of guys, but am very presentable. Likewise, my type of girl should be presentable. Just normal, average girl. But ugly girl? If she like let her intelligence be out of this world, I won't be moved.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Only1mi(f): 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

Do we really need conversation,

Some people are good story tellers, others are good listeners, some just want to only relax in your arms, others to play ludo with you.

Movies are really giving wrong perception of idealistic relationships.

My relationship isn't based on movies but on real life. I talk about politics, sports, events happening around the world, business ideas and more with my husband. If he can't contribute to that, then I'll only have my suggestions to go by. But then again it's my preference and rightly not everyone has to agree with me.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ashala(m): 1:38pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:

You'll see changes.

One of the best written responses in Naira Land
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Only1mi(f): 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

Do we really need conversation,

Some people are good story tellers, others are good listeners, some just want to only relax in your arms, others to play ludo with you.

Movies are really giving wrong perception of idealistic relationships.

Some things get old, and conversations have helped my relationship. But like I said to someone else, it's just me and it works for me. Have a good Sunday
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DrMuzungu(m): 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
Pics or I don't believe you have a girlfriend. Other than that, if you still stand by your original claim that she isn't too sharp, feel free to send her to me for training, 3 months and she will be like Einstein. Even better, I will do it for free. In case of complaints, I will refund you all the money you paid.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nasarawaboy(m): 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
boiz2men:

How about introducing her to people and they hold you at high esteem for her beauty but not for long until she opens mouth undecided

Would you want a pretty patience Jonathan for a wife?
Did you read the part where I said she "can be worked upon"?. A dull girl can be worked upon, and with time she'll pick up. But an ugly girl even with bleaching she won't still be pretty cos its nature, and you can't change nature

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by jiksman3: 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2018
olamide452:

Seconded
Thirded

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DonX001: 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
Blackhawk01:

I didn't advice him to force her into learning. Except she's stupid, everyone thirsts for knowledge and information. She might just be going in the wrong direction and like Kush said, relationship isn't just for sex and whisperings of I love you, he should help build her. And no, she doesn't necessarily have to lack in marriage what she lacks in relationship. Change is the only constant thing, there's always room for a better us.

You basically assume people want to change.
That's wrong. Why?? Because change is uncomfortable.

She might thirst for knowledge as you say, but the thirst will be for basically useless knowledge like which Nollywood movie just got released, what's going on in Zeeworld today, and other similar bullshit.
Or she might even have no thirst for knowledge whatsoever, other than watching movies and looking at shoes and bags.
She might not be willing to change.

Marrying someone on the assumption, or hope, that she'll change is a recipe for disaster.

That is what the OP is talking about.

I know because I've been in the exact same situation before, and have dated the exact same type of girl before, and it wasn't funny if you're an intellectually inclined person.
And the reality of the situation??- she wasn't willing to change.

Outcome??- Of course I ended the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by toye440: 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:
im not forming Einstein o, or Elon Musk.
But my girlfriend is below average when it comes to her reasoning.
she is studying a "useless" course in school, Local Govt Studies.
She lacks strategy when she addresses life matter.
If you discuss with her for 10 minutes youll notice her flaws.

she is very fine o and she has manners. i dont want to regret marrying her because of looks o.

can marring her be meaningful considering her intellectual laziness?

Abeg u fit help me with her number, cos u deserve better.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nasarawaboy(m): 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
itoro325:
can u create a mosquito?
If you like don't marry a pretty/handsome partner, sorry will be your name. If you don't pity yourself at least pity your unborn children. Cos the insult and mockery they'll pass through in the hands of their peers and society will make dem wish one of their parents is not their parent. Your looks alone can take you places
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by mastermind1759(m): 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
If u r so intelligent u shld av changed her life to a gud extent where u can behold her and say she is okay....
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 1:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
Only1mi:

My relationship isn't based on movies but on real life. I talk about politics, sports, events happening around the world, business ideas and more with my husband. If he can't contribute to that, then I'll only have my suggestions to go by. But then again it's my preference and rightly not everyone has to agree with me.

Like I say, everyone has a preference.
People evolve
I was once a chatterbox, this days I find it exhausting to be in the midst of people.
My preference over time has changed, and I believe that of my partner.
One thing I know is I am willing to sacrifice.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by slurity1: 1:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
Grow up first before thinking of marriage, You are not marriable for asking this question
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by slurity1: 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:

You'll see changes.

for how many years of waiting is that?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
Only1mi:

Some things get old, and conversations have helped my relationship. But like I said to someone else, it's just me and it works for me. Have a good Sunday

Of course conversation helps.
The thing that tends to be issues is direction of conversation, the OP might be looking for who will discuss politics, man u/ Chelsea, latest Android iPhone with him, the babe might be looking towards Simis dress, Iya basiras cooking....etc.

Lovely Sunday to you too.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Tjayjosh(m): 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
AreaFada2:

My dear not true. There are some very cute girls that are sociable, impeccable manners but very weak intellectually. First you might want to overlook it. Plus you cannot really select who you fall in love with. Except your love has an electron microscope, not blind. cheesy cheesy

The worst thing is many such girls are not willing to learn.

All this talk of give her books na wash. They just have no interest. But they are experts on twitter, fb, WhatsApp and watching South American soaps, Nollywood, BBA, etc. grin cheesy cheesy

You either accept her as she is or let her be. Not everyone was cut out to be an intellectual.
Who is an intellectual? Please i'll like to know.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ImaIma1(f): 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2018
Op soon the looks will not mean a thing when she cannot reason intelligently.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by chineduemmao: 2:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
mamuzoOMAH:
This is easy sha. U just need to stop her from watching Zee world, Telemundo and Africa magic epic. Those stations make someone dumb. Also encourage her to visit nairaland more. Nairaland is a home of intelligent people. Sometimes unserious, they give out useful and intelligent ideas. Tell her to visit the Politics, Foreign Affairs, Health, Religion Science and Technology Sections more. Plus others that may interest her. NNairaland will give her two sides of the story, so longs as she is open minded, she will then reason critically and eventual come to a conclusion. Tell her to Start watching CNN, Channels, NAT Geo Wild, supersport and other stations that will make someone sensible. Also like someone stated above, give her books to read. Buy her good books. Ben Carson, Steve Harvey and the likes. so Kong she's obedient anddedicated, she will mprove. In all these, jst stop her from wahing Zee world, Telemundo and Africa magic epic.
see as de tin easy 4 ur mouth

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ItzEminence(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2018
Astonishing

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

How Many Women will dare to get married If This Is Applicable Today? / Stranger Spots Lady Texting Another Guy While With Her Man See What He Did / When You Ask A China Lady Her Mobile Number And You Get These (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.