Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,912 members, 7,824,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? (60278 Views)

If Your Girlfriend Had A Past Like This, Would You Still Marry Her? (Photo) / I Don't Understand This Photo, Someone Intelligent Should Explain Please. / She Is Into Runs Should I Still Marry Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by onlyme07(m): 11:20am On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

Front page is the face of nairaland.
We all know first impression matters, we are supposed to have useful post pushed there as it might be difficult going through the entire forum for a useful post, the agric section is my favorite, when last did it grace front-page, how many times do people post there . This is because they feel they are not appreciated enough.
We want to see meaningful conversation, not the jokes we have this days.
You're right bro.I totally agree with your submission but when those concerned are not doing the needful,lets do our bit by contributing to our favourite section. Until NL has a competitor,it will be hard to see the changes we desire. Happy Sunday

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 21, 2018
bettercreature:
Most women always turn to dunce when they are in love with a particular man and that is why they sometimes do stewpid things like crying because of him,saying yes yes yes to whatever he says.Not because they are weak but because they are in love
You shouldn’t mistake love for weakness or unintelligent you will get burnt

ok bro. Noted smiley
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:
im not forming Einstein o, or Elon Musk.
But my girlfriend is below average when it comes to her reasoning.
she is studying a "useless" course in school, Local Govt Studies.
She lacks strategy when she addresses life matter.
If you discuss with her for 10 minutes youll notice her flaws.

she is very fine o and she has manners. i dont want to regret marrying her because of looks o.

can marring her be meaningful considering her intellectual laziness?

Nigga you cant have it all, if she come intelligent una go talk say she looks proud. Just wife her already. Atleast you have a dick with brains, remember opposite attracts. Dont worry you won't have dumb kids.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ken55: 11:21am On Jan 21, 2018
victorakpabome:

Local Govt Studies shocked

Just imagine grin

And this one will tell people she is in school grin grin

Local Govt Studies is not a bad course and anyone studying it should be proud of it. Do you know that in overseas they have Local Govt Studies up to PhD level? Why? Because it's very important. For example, any federal or state impact on you as a citizen must first get to the local govt before it gets to you! Today you don't feel the impact of the government as you should because the local govt is as good as not functioning. Some may not see the immediate application of that course now in Nigeria but the world is changing.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by sexdoll: 11:23am On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

Are we talking of people or posts, I never said there is nothing good in nairaland, the truth is rubbish far out numbers meaningful posts.

Go to front page and check out how many topics there can influence someone's life.

You have a point.

But if you look at it closely, having more rubbish than meaningful posts on nairaland can also be seen as nothing but a true reflection of human race in general.

Anywhere you go, the fools will always outnumber and overwhelm the wise ones when it comes to numbers.

that is why it is always easy to control the masses.

if everyone were to become smart, serious wahala go dey o!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 11:24am On Jan 21, 2018
onlyme07:

You're right bro.I totally agree with your submission but when those concerned are not doing the needful,lets do our bit by contributing to our favourite section. Until NL has a competitor,it will be hard to see the changes we desire. Happy Sunday

Happy Sunday too, thanks.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DonX001: 11:27am On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:

like you say a brain is to function with. so does someone need a phd to have a functional brain??
what do i need a high IQ GF for?? kimbraa you must understand that what women need from men is not what men need from women.you are stuck on "intelligence" just coz thats what women need in men since:intelligence=high chances of qualifying=good job=a good salary=a good lifestyle for you and your kids. but men live by a different set of expectations.guys value beauty and youth since men are after sex and children.not an educated woman. learn to listen when we tell you these things.thats why older educated women go crazy when hubby divorces her for a cute village teen with dusty feet.your intelligence is NOT an asset.get that thru you head.if you dont want its your funeral.thats why you gona go crazy when men choose dumb sex dolls over you.coz your brains were never part of the equation.dont argue with a guy about what a guy wants.
Lol, I can see you're a really intelligent guy, your points have some validity.
But speak for yourself alone, not for all guys.

I personally do NOT want a dumbo for a wife, even if she's a combination of Beyonce, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj.
And I'm sure there are a lot of other guys like that.

A dumb wife can ruin your important outings, cannot confidently host your friends, colleagues and family to dinner cos the only conversation she is comfortable with is Nollywood and fashion.
She can get scammed of your mutual hard earned fortune because of dumbness and gullibility (I've seen this happen before).

And worst case, she can pass on the dumbness to your kids, despite your own intelligence. As it seems that children tend to inherit their mother's level of intelligence (some research suggests this as someone has pointed out earlier in the thread, and its true in my family and in a lot of other families I've looked at).

Do you really want to have dumb kids?

Remember that beauty fades quickly, by the time she's over forty and has kids, a lot of that beauty has disappeared.
But dumbness is permanent (most times).

Think about it.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2018
sexdoll:

You have a point.

But if you look at it closely, having more rubbish than meaningful posts on nairaland can also be seen as nothing but a true reflection of human race in general.

Anywhere you go, the fools will always outnumber and overwhelm the wise ones when it comes to numbers.

that is why it is always easy to control the masses.

if everyone were to become smart, serious wahala go dey o!

The moderators are supposed to be smart, try signing up with the BBC and check out argument flows there, or you can go to daily mail, you only see minimal trolling.

Nairaland is the biggest website in Africa, if am not wrong, how does it portray us.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ib22003(m): 11:30am On Jan 21, 2018
After fine guys don show you pepper. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley. No offence intended, i am just joking
Chikita66:
Intelligence is one thing that attracts me to a person not cuteness, well I don't know about you.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by sexdoll: 11:31am On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

The moderators are supposed to be smart, try signing up with the BBC and check out argument flows there, or you can go to daily mail, you only see minimal trolling.

Nairaland is the biggest website in Africa, if am not wrong, how does it portray us.

Does it matter how nairaland portrays us?

a smart person will always be a smart person nairaland or not.

so also a foolish person.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Demonicide(f): 11:32am On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:
give her to me. thats how i love them...hot and dumb.
i love a gal who doesnt even know what an enzyme is.she is the one i can enjoy.im smart so i dont look for smartness.i look for a pretty face.no matter how dumb a gal is she is my type.
Are you for real?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ib22003(m): 11:34am On Jan 21, 2018
This is on your scale.You cant judge a fish by its inability to climb a tree. She is offering you some other stuffs that's why you are still considering
clitlicker:

she is very fine o and she has manners. i dont want to regret marrying her because of looks o.

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DonX001: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2018
tonyhoney:

Reasonable question. Whatever the quality you want in a woman, it should have been inculcated in her through the parental up-growing and education. If she lacks those qualities now, forget it, you can't train her again, she will only be pretending. You can't force her to read books, she will only be stearing at the books like season film. Whatever the quality she lacks before marriage, she lacks it forever. Dont pitty to marry a woman, but if you are a kind that love divorce, pitty a woman for marriage. But if her beauty and attitudes are enough reason to marry her, then so be it, but if I see you complaining or carry side chics after marriage, your cain is in the roof.

Gbam!!!!!
1 correct Orijin for you.

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Raintaker(m): 11:37am On Jan 21, 2018
Stevengerd:
Seems Ur bae na Abu zaria student.
Are you really serious with this or just trolling?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 21, 2018
You must be a stupid man
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 21, 2018
ken55:

Local Govt Studies is not a bad course and anyone studying it should be proud of it. Do you know that in overseas they have Local Govt Studies up to PhD level? Why? Because it's very important. For example, any federal or state impact on you as a citizen must first get to the local govt before it gets to you! Today you don't feel the impact of the government as you should because the local govt is as good as not functioning. Some may not see the immediate application of that course now in Nigeria but the world is changing.

You have a point there. In saner climates like the UK such courses are highly regarded as you can get good council jobs but unfortunately we are in a country where nothing works embarassed

A country where graduates with degrees in professional courses find it difficult to get jobs, and even if they do the jobs are nothing to write home about. It's a jungle out there and having a sought after degree is a first step. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by AreaFada2: 11:40am On Jan 21, 2018
kimbraa:
You can't be intellectually sound and be dating a girl that isn't. Permit me to say you attract your likes. It's a rule of thumb.
My dear not true. There are some very cute girls that are sociable, impeccable manners but very weak intellectually. First you might want to overlook it. Plus you cannot really select who you fall in love with. Except your love has an electron microscope, not blind. cheesy cheesy

The worst thing is many such girls are not willing to learn.

All this talk of give her books na wash. They just have no interest. But they are experts on twitter, fb, WhatsApp and watching South American soaps, Nollywood, BBA, etc. grin cheesy cheesy

You either accept her as she is or let her be. Not everyone was cut out to be an intellectual.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by redsun(m): 11:40am On Jan 21, 2018
What is bad with local government studies? That is exactly the level every Nigerian should start from because if you get the basics right, the rest will fall into place. You need someone with common sense, but you have to have one to appreciate another.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DonX001: 11:41am On Jan 21, 2018
oyb:
well, if there is a marked difference, better swerve.and this goes both ways. i would also tell women the same.

you dont want to spend the rest of your life struggling to explain things that you consider simple, and watching your kids imbibe the same kind of reasoning.

Absolutely concur!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by fedorahat: 11:43am On Jan 21, 2018
sexdoll:

Does it matter how nairaland portrays us?

a smart person will always be a smart person nairaland or not.

so also a foolish person.

We are not talking about how nairaland portrays the individual, but how the world sees us via our comments on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ubunja(m): 11:44am On Jan 21, 2018
DonX001:

I personally do NOT want a dumbo for a wife, even if she's a combination of Beyonce, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj.

A dumb wife can ruin your important outings, cannot confidently host your friends, colleagues and family to dinner cos the only conversation she is comfortable with is Nollywood and fashion.
She can get scammed of your mutual hard earned fortune because of dumbness and gullibility (I've seen this happen before).

And worst case, she can pass on the dumbness to your kids, despite your own intelligence. As it seems that children tend to inherit their mother's level of intelligence (some research suggests this as someone has pointed out earlier in the thread, and its true in my family and in a lot of other families I've looked at).

Remember that beauty fades quickly, by the time she's over forty and has kids, a lot of that beauty has disappeared.

Think about it.
you are the reason women are shocked that brainless sex dolls are replacing them.
you keep repeating the "woman must be intelligent" line so much women are believing it.and women get shocked when its proven false by sex dolls trending.
shame on you bro.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by bleskid: 11:45am On Jan 21, 2018
Chikita66:
Intelligence is one thing that attracts me to a person not cuteness, well I don't know about you.
comot for road men dei come u be man....is advantage she is very easy to convince .. some cases woman need to be less .
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by enyi225(m): 11:45am On Jan 21, 2018
how does she perform in ze oda room?

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by rossyc(f): 11:46am On Jan 21, 2018
clitlicker:

If you love her like you claim then help to brush her up, get her books to read like someone rightly advised, let her mix up with intellectual sound persons also teach her yourself . As long as she is willingly and ready to learn then you have got no problem but if the reverse is the case then your unborn kids will bear the consequence if u guys eventually marry.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DonX001: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2018
Shimshark:
Once watched a science show that suggested that children's intelligence comes more from the mom.. Soo if that's correct dum wife = dum kids.. undecided

I think this is true.
I've seen it play out in my own family, and a lot of other families I've studied.
Although there's a slight variation in addition-
In most families,
The sons seem to carry the mother's intelligence.
The daughters seem to carry the father's intelligence.

But overall, the mother's intelligence tends to play more of a role on the children's brains than the father's intelligence.

Summary for guys: if you want smart sons and smart kids generally, marry an intelligent wife.

Its an interesting topic for research.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by sixtus3606(m): 11:50am On Jan 21, 2018
donstan18:

Rule of which thumb ma'am, how do you mean?

-You can be intelligent but dates someone who isn't.
-You can be rich but dates a poor person.
-You can be Godly but dates someone who isn't.
-You can be neat but dates someone who isn't .
-You can be ugly but dates a handsome/beautiful fellow.

Are the above listed instances not unlikely attraction?

If "Like" attracts “Like", why then do men marry women instead of their fellow gender?

To the OP, build your woman into whatever you wishes her to be, so long as you love and cherish her.

The most important thing is that she has manners, it's very necessary in a woman and important to any man.

Kimbraa, you are always reasoning like all these slaymamas(hoelowsh**). you really need to change your circle of friends.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by DonX001: 11:51am On Jan 21, 2018
Dhotseal:
Bros, please think of the future of your future kids..lol
Nigeria already has a good number of dimwits and morons, so pls don't add to the number by marring a lady who has some 'cerebral deficiencies'

Hahahahahahaha grin grin grin
This guy you dey vex o.

@bolded part.... as is evident on Nairaland abi?? Lol
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by stainless239(f): 11:52am On Jan 21, 2018
KushyKush:
Give her books to read. Make sure she reads at least two books in a month.

You'll see changes.

Relationships are not just about sex and saying I love you. You should be able to bring positive changes to your partner.

Exactly!!!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by mkoabiola: 11:53am On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

Bros there is no intelligence in 80 percent of nairaland posts, except you want her to learn bigotry
Hahahaahahaha
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by ubunja(m): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2018
DonX001:

Think about it.
nothing to think about.remember women got educated just a century ago.all along men were the mostly educated ones.still smart people were born.a woman's intelligence nature has no use for. after all the biggest inventors like Tesla never married.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by sexdoll: 11:55am On Jan 21, 2018
fedorahat:

We are not talking about how nairaland portrays the individual, but how the world sees us via our comments on Nairaland.

why do you care so much how the world views your comments?

will you be so shallow to judge people just by seeing or reading how they comment on nairaland?

if your people are fools, i don't think any amount of window dressing you do will be able to prevent the foolishness in them to show.

likewise if they are wise.

okay now, you that is bothered about how people from other countries view you, lemme ask you this: how many countries have you yourself personally judged by viewing the comments made by majority of the people from that country on similar online forums?

to be frank with you, everyone is judged individually.

if you decide to judge people based on groups, you are open to get a very misleading result.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Beautiful But Not Intelligent. Should I Still Marry Her? by tyup(m): 11:55am On Jan 21, 2018
ubunja:
give her to me. thats how i love them...hot and dumb.
i love a gal who doesnt even know what an enzyme is.she is the one i can enjoy.im smart so i dont look for smartness.i look for a pretty face.no matter how dumb a gal is she is my type.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Two Immigration Officers Wow In Pre-Wedding Photos / Nigerian Lady Ready For Marriage On Twitter (Photo) / 19-year-old Boy Marries A 39-year-old Woman (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.