Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:58 PM

Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! (1859 Views)

What Part Of The Wedding Do You Think Is Unnecessary? / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend Of 10 Years..see Her Reason / A Lady Rejected A Marriage Proposal For This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Rigel95(m): 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2018
These days the internet is always awash either one marriage proposal or the other. These days it seems couples put the fanfare aspect of marriage ahead of the real marriage itself(more on that in subsequent topics).

Now to the topic itself. Is it that people go into relationships in which the clear goal has not been set? So you have to wait for one special day for him/her to pop the question, then what next? You cry and show off the darn ring on social media abi.

It doesn't make sense to have been in a relationship for months and get all dander up when the question is popped ahmeen, What have you been discussing all these times?

A serious relationship should naturally gravitate towards marriage without the perf functional nonsense we call marriage proposal!

My six pence.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by SULTANALAUDDIN: 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
Son, load of crap men do for women doesn't make sense to the mind but the heart. somehow the female folks find them romantic.
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2018
Rigel95:
These days the internet is always awash either one marriage proposal or the other. These days it seems couples put the fanfare aspect of marriage ahead of the real marriage itself(more on that in subsequent topics).

Now to the topic itself. Is it that people go into relationships in which the clear goal has not been set? So you have to wait for one special day for him/her to pop the question, then what next? You cry and show off the darn ring on social media abi.

It doesn't make sense to have been in a relationship for months and get all dander up when the question is popped ahmeen, What have you been discussing all these times?

A serious relationship should naturally gravitate towards marriage without the perf functional nonsense we call marriage proposal!

My six pence.

cool

Are u saying that u wont propose to ur girl when time comes? grin

But here's the thing tho, in my country a lot of couples there they don't do this proposal thing... When they want to get married, a man will take his parents to his gf's house and ask her hand for a marriage... Then that's it. They will schedule their wedding. Simple as that.

But those who propose with the ring, usually came from a rich family.. But not necessarily a tradition. grin
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 21, 2018
What u said op is true but inspite of arranging ur future together as couples already and being known already by each other's family, they still want that official obligation of proposal... Looks funny though but make person just dash sweet to small pikin no cost anything na. Abi? Na once in life time. If you fit go thru d M.C humiliation for traditional wedding, then u shd be able to propose too na. Once u marry her inside house as wife, na u go be Lord over her forever, so its worth it.
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

cool

But here's the thing tho, in my country a lot of couples there they don't do this proposal thing... When they want to get married, a man will take his parents to his gf's house and ask her hand for a marriage... Then that's it. They will schedule their wedding. Simple as that.

But those who propose with the ring, usually came from a rich family.. But not necessarily a tradition. grin

Hmmm which country is that?
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Hmmm which country is that?

grin

Only in the Philippines wink

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2018
How Are you going to engage her without proposing?

I think it's necessary, and you got to do it, romantically..
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by donstan18: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2018
Romantic marriage proposal is a scam to love, marriage and humanity.

Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin

Only in Philippines wink
Wow. Are u single?
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Wow. Are u single?

grin

Please define SINGLE .. Sometimes i get confused tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by whycee001(m): 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
Am also confuse here, is it necessary
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin

Please define SINGLE .. Sometimes i get confused tongue
Married or have a fiancee yet?
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by emeijeh(m): 5:53pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

cool

QueenS,
Where have you been?!
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Married or have a fiancee yet?

grin

Oi!

Im not married & definitely i don't have fiancé ... grin
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
emeijeh:

QueenS,
Where have you been?!

grin

I been to London to visit the Queen cheesy... Nah, JK...

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin

Oi!

Im not married & definitely i don't have fiancé ... grin
Can I pm you or drop my whatsapp number
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Can I pm you or drop my whatsapp number

Lemme check the email im using here first coz I used to use a disposable emails wink

BRB
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by emeijeh(m): 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin

I been to London to visit the Queen cheesy... Nah, JK...

That's what you said the last time before you disappeared again.

Tell me, where did you go to?
Manila?
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2018
emeijeh:

That's what you said the last time before you disappeared again.

Tell me, where did you go to?
Manila?

Ha ha ha ha ah... grin I never been to Manila for ages.. But yes i went back to Philippines for holiday & deactivated main moniker.. wink
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by emeijeh(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

Ha ha ha ha ah... grin I never been to Manila for ages.. But yes i went back to Philippines for holiday & deactivated main moniker.. wink

Hope there won't be a time you will leave for good?

I really missed your memes and gifs wink
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2018
emeijeh:

Hope there won't be a time you will leave for good?

I really missed your memes and gifs wink

Hahahha...damn i dont have any meme / gif anymore..i deleted them all too.. grin it takes too much space on my phone.

Not yet.. But sometimes we do need a break from social media or any forum .. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by emeijeh(m): 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

Hahahha...damn i dont have any meme / gif anymore..i deleted them all too.. grin it takes too much space on my phone.

Not yet.. But sometimes we do need a break from social media or any forum .. cheesy

Great.
Don't run away from senior bro again.

Deal? grin
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
emeijeh:

Great.
Don't run away from senior bro again.

Deal? grin

Ha! shocked

So, now this is all about seniority eehn? grin I wont make a promise tho... But definitely i be around.. wink
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by emeijeh(m): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

Ha! shocked

So, now this is all about seniority eehn? grin I wont make a promise tho... But definitely i be around.. wink

Better be.
Senior bro is watching cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

Lemme check the email im using here first coz I used to use a disposable emails wink

BRB
Ok dear. Waiting
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 11:51pm On Jan 21, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Ok dear. Waiting

Sorry i fell asleep grin

Yes , surprisingly this one is working cheesy
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 21, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

Sorry i fell asleep grin

Yes , surprisingly this one is working cheesy
Ok I'll pm you immediately. Kindly reply. I'll respond to the reply tomorrow. I'm about to sleep here too. Its almost 12am see ya wink kiss
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by QueenSuccubus(f): 12:07am On Jan 22, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Ok I'll pm you immediately. Kindly reply. I'll respond to the reply tomorrow. I'm about to sleep here too. Its almost 12am see ya wink kiss

grin

I know...it's morning down here wink

Sleep tyt.
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2018
QueenSuccubus:

grin

I know...it's morning down here wink

Sleep tyt.
Good morning dear, did you see my pm?
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by JULIE1925(f): 7:51am On Jan 22, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Good morning dear, did you see my pm?

grin

I did...i replied tho..this i gonna use for the mean time wink
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 22, 2018
JULIE1925:

grin

I did...i replied tho..this i gonna use for the mean time wink
Ok. I've send u a message there on d mail.

Is dat u in d profile pic? I love what I saw mheen. tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal Is Unnecessary! by JULIE1925(f): 8:24am On Jan 22, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

Ok. I've send u a message there on d mail.

Is dat u in d profile pic? I love what I saw mheen. tongue

wink

Hahahahahaha.. grin for ur eyes only.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Who Was Accused Of Trying To Snatch Her Best Friend's Hubby,Replie / 10 Types Of Food To Boost Your Sexual Power / I Need New Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.