Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? (9308 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Do Atheists Celebrate Christmas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by PastorAIO: 10:12am On Jan 27, 2018
danvon:
Don't use a 3000 year old book written by conmen to justify your claims that's a theist response you just gave this is precisely what I'm talking about try a logical argument for morality without using a religious book

Have you been smoking crack so early this morning?

Read what I wrote again.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
PastorAIO:

Have you been smoking crack so early this morning?

Read what I wrote again.
What you wrote is called trade language you just blow unnecessary grammar for something so simple, simple question what is the purpose for morality your saying it's instinctive how? In what way? Atheist and confusion are like 6 and 6

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by PastorAIO: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2018
danvon:
What you wrote is called trade language you just blow unnecessary grammar for something so simple, simple question what is the purpose for morality your saying it's instinctive how? In what way? Atheist and confusion are like 6 and 6

Ok, you know what? I'll try to approach it from another angle using different example and maybe it will sink in better.

First, you accused me of using the bible to justify my Claims. However at no point did I do so. I start of by saying:

"It is believed according to the bible..." That has nothing to do with my claim. Whether I agree or not the fact remains that 'It is believed according to the bible...' Okay?

So we have many pseudo christians who actually know next to nothing about their own religion and who hold beliefs that contradict their own authoritative religious book.

I am pointing out to You/Them that the belief that a Sense of Morality is congenital is supported by the bible so they/you have absolutely no leg to stand on if they/you think they are coming from a biblical point of view. Or you are defending your crazy religious cult. Your crazy religious cult is quite far from biblical despite it's claims.

It is obvious from the bible, as I said previously that 'The writers of the bible know that the sense of Morality is ingrained in all Humans.'

You have set yourself against this basic biblical precept. It's all over the bible. But you don't even need to read the bible to realise this. It is all around you all the time. Human beings make Moral decisions all the time. Only an idiot would claim that you need to join his stupid religious cult in order to become Moral. Check out this passage too, in case genesis is not enough for you :

14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law, 15since they show that the work of the Law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them.
Roman 2

It seems to be paining you that You see many morally commendable atheist in the world. Many of them more morally commendable that most christians. So you want to attack the basis of their morality.

An instinct is something that is built into a person from birth. Asking how something is instinctive is quite a stupid question? Like asking how a human being has 2 legs. It is instinctive because it is part and parcel of human nature. 2 legs is the way human beings are.

danvon:
simple question what is the purpose for morality your saying it's instinctive how?

Oh? This is a new question. It is no longer where did our Sense of Morality come from? But still I will answer it. But bear with me, I want to touch on some other things first.

You seem to be confused about the Experience and it's relationship to Sense of Morality in this discussion.

Consider this:

I see a car. I'm experiencing seeing a car. I recognise the experience of seeing a car.

I see an apple. I'm experiencing seeing an apple. I recognise the experience.

I bite the apple. It tastes like an apple. I recognise the experience of tasting an apple.

I see a man stab another man to death. I recognise the experience of seeing murder.

And now consider this:

I see a car. I place a VALUE JUDGEMENT on the car. This is a very NICE car. Or, What an awful car, I wouldn't be seen dead in it.

I see an apple. I place a VALUE JUDGEMENT on the apple. This apple looks GOOD.

I bite the apple. I put a VALUE JUDGEMENT on the taste of the apple. Euurgh! This apple tastes AWFUL.

I see a man stab another man. I put a VALUE JUDGEMENT on the act. That was a DEPLORABLE act.

You see... Morality are value judgements that we make of events that we experience or consider. They are not the acts themselves, but the value which we place on the acts. There is a whole scale of grades we can use to do this ranging from Ideal/Good at the top down to Evil at the bottom.

We project these value judgements onto the events that we experience around us. The Value judgements are not inherent in the experience itself.

Now to move on to your new question....

Man is a social animal. Like monkeys, wolves, fish, etc. Most of our achievements have been due to our ability to pool various resources together. There is an obvious evolutionary advantage to collaborations and pooling together of various human resources. A plumber cannot build a house alone, neither can a bricklayer, nor an electrician. But with one common goal in mind electricians, bricklayers and plumbers can come together to build a proper house.

Tied in with the sense of morality is the obvious fact that we will want to be in the company of people who share the same Values. Someone who can't stand hip hop will find it hard to be in the company of people who go to hip hop parties regularly. Social groups have standards and if you don't meet up to those standards you will be ostracised.

Therefore as Societies are based on SHARED VALUES and the social instinct is an Evolutionary advantage, it would make sense from a darwinian perspective that a Sense of Morality would Evolve.

danvon:
Don't use a 3000 year old book written by conmen to justify your claims that's a theist response you just gave this is precisely what I'm talking about try a logical argument for morality without using a religious book
Oh, and btw, I am not an Atheist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2018
PastorAIO:

Ok, you know what? I'll try to approach it from another angle using different example and maybe it will sink in better.

First, you accused me of using the bible to justify my Claims. However at no point did I do so. I start of by saying:

"It is believed according to the bible..." That has nothing to do with my claim. Whether I agree or not the fact remains that 'It is believed according to the bible...' Okay?

So we have many pseudo christians who actually know next to nothing about their own religion and who hold beliefs that contradict their own authoritative religious book.

I am pointing out to You/Them that the belief that a Sense of Morality is congenital is supported by the bible so they/you have absolutely no leg to stand on if they/you think they are coming from a biblical point of view. Or you are defending your crazy religious cult. Your crazy religious cult is quite far from biblical despite it's claims.

It is obvious from the bible, as I said previously that 'The writers of the bible know that the sense of Morality is ingrained in all Humans.'

You have set yourself against this basic biblical precept. It's all over the bible. But you don't even need to read the bible to realise this. It is all around you all the time. Human beings make Moral decisions all the time. Only an idiot would claim that you need to join his stupid religious cult in order to become Moral. Check out this passage too, in case genesis is not enough for you :

14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, do by nature what the Law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law, 15since they show that the work of the Law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them.
Roman 2

It seems to be paining you that You see many morally commendable atheist in the world. Many of them more morally commendable that most christians. So you want to attack the basis of their morality.

An instinct is something that is built into a person from birth. Asking how something is instinctive is quite a stupid question? It is instinctive because it is part and parcel of human nature.

Oh? This is a new question. It is no longer where did our Sense of Morality come from? But still I will answer it. But bear with me, I want to touch on some other things first.

You seem to be confused about the Experience and it's relationship to Sense of Morality in this discussion.

Consider this:

I see a car. I'm experiencing seeing a car. I recognise the experience of seeing a car.

I see an apple. I'm experiencing seeing an apple. I recognise the experience.

I bite the apple. It tastes like an apple. I recognise the experience of tasting an apple.

I see a man stab another man to death. I recognise the experience of seeing murder.

And now consider this:

I see a car. I place a VALUE JUDGEMENT on the car. This is a very NICE car. Or, What an awful car, I wouldn't be seen dead in it.

I see an apple. I place a VALUE JUDGEMENT on the apple. This apple looks GOOD.

I bite the apple. I put a VALUE JUDGEMENT on the taste of the apple. Euurgh! This apple tastes AWFUL.

I see a man stab another man. I put a VALUE JUDGEMENT on the act. That was a DEPLORABLE act.

You see... Morality are value judgements that we make of events that we experience or consider. They are not the acts themselves, but the value which we place on the acts. There is a whole scale of grades we can use to do this ranging from Ideal/Good at the top down to Evil at the bottom.

We project these value judgements onto the events that we experience around us. The Value judgements are not inherent in the experience itself.

Now to move on to your new question....

Man is a social animal. Like monkeys, wolves, fish, etc. Most of our achievements have been due to our ability to pool various resources together. There is an obvious evolutionary advantage to collaborations and pooling together of various human resources. A plumber cannot build a house alone, neither can a bricklayer, nor an electrician. But with one common goal in mind electricians, bricklayers and plumbers can come together to build a proper house.

Tied in with the sense of morality is the obvious fact that we will want to be in the company of people who share the same Values. Someone who can't stand hip hop will find it hard to be in the company of people who go to hip hop parties regularly. Social groups have standards and if you don't meet up to those standards you will be ostracised.

Therefore as Societies are based on SHARED VALUES and the social instinct is an Evolutionary advantage, it would make sense from a darwinian perspective that a Sense of Morality would Evolve.

Oh, and btw, I am not an Atheist.
Now you said morality is a social instinct shared by everyone
Then why do different people have different moral views? Is it evolving in only some places
In Greece homosexuality was encouraged in the society
In Calabar killing twins was Normal
If morality has nothing to do with religion why are different people bearing different morality views are some societies devolving?
Not all societies share the same moral view it's supposed to be a natural instinct which everyone are born with

Second according to evolution everything has a purpose fish learnt how to walk because of the need for hunting, we developed teeth because of the need for chewing. so, what is the need for morality? What's it's purpose? Some people can clearly live without it.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by dalaman: 4:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
danvon:
Some people can clearly live without it.

Give an example of a human society that you know that can live without any form or type of morality.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 4:22pm On Jan 27, 2018
dalaman:

Give an example of a human society that you know that can live without any form or type of morality.
Show me a society that exist without any form of religion
I said some people not societies, people like Hitler Stalin killed millions not as if their body damaged or something
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 27, 2018
danvon:
I said some people not societies, people like Hitler Stalin killed millions not as if their body damaged or something
okay have you ever seen two chickens killing each other
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by dalaman: 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2018
danvon:

Many excluded tribes in the Amazon jungle that have been discovered have been shown not to have any form of organized religion at all.

Killing millions doesn't mean you have no morality, it just means that you disregard the moral codes concerning killing others. Hitler was a law abiding German citizen before he became the leader, those close to him said he always told the truth, he hardly tell lies, he hated gays and considered them as evil people, he was a law abiding citizen, he wasn't ever arrested for breaking any German law as a private citizen. He didn't go about raping, stealing, committing acts of fraud, committing murder, and breaking the law at will. He abided by the German laws and the military code of ethics as an officer.

He knew that stealing, rape and murder was wrong but disregarded them anyway. Doesn't mean that he doesn't believe or had no morality at all. Many pastors have been caught pants down with people's wives and children, despite their constant castigation of adultery and fornication. Doesn't mean that they don't have morals, it just means that they chose to disregard it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 4:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
dalaman:

Many excluded tribes in the Amazon jungle that have been discovered have been shown not to have any form of organized religion at all.

Killing millions doesn't mean you have no morality, it just means that you disregard the moral codes concerning killing others. Hitler was a law abiding German citizen before he became the leader, those close to him said he always told the truth, he hardly tell lies, he hated gays and considered them as evil people, he was a law abiding citizen, he wasn't ever arrested for breaking any German law as a private citizen. He didn't go about raping, stealing, committing acts of fraud, committing murder, and breaking the law at will. He abided by the German laws and the military code of ethics as an officer.

He knew that stealing, rape and murder was wrong but disregarded them anyway. Doesn't mean that he doesn't believe or had no morality at all. Many pastors have been caught pants down with people's wives and children, despite their constant castigation of adultery and fornication. Doesn't mean that they don't have morals, it just means that they chose to disregard it.

Hitler was accused of raping his niece, many Nazis were gay soldiers Hitler hated only those ones who dressed like ladies

What's the difference between not having morals and disregarding it if you disregard it it's because you believe it's stupid
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by PastorAIO: 5:24pm On Jan 27, 2018
danvon:
Then why do different people have different moral views? Is it evolving in only some places
If morality has nothing to do with religion why are different people bearing different morality views are some societies devolving?
Not all societies share the same moral view it's supposed to be a natural instinct which everyone are born with

Second according to evolution everything has a purpose fish learnt how to walk because of the need for hunting, we developed teeth because of the need for chewing. so, what is the need for morality? What's it's purpose? Some people can clearly live without it.

Oh my God, here we go again!! Deepsight, please, I know you'll be the one best suited to explain this to this guy. after our conversations a couple of years ago.

Since Deepsight is probably not around let me do it.

There is a difference between a Sense-Of-Morality and a specific Moral Code.

Think of it as the Sense of Morality is the skeleton and the Moral Code is what hangs on the skeleton. you can exchange different moral codes. The moral codes can evolve, but the Sense of Morality is an ingrained instinct.

Everybody thinks Morally. We just have different moral codes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by PastorAIO: 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2018
danvon:

You really are on crack. Where did I say any of that?
What I didn't say, but quite clearly implied in the post is that our Sense-Of-Morality is part of the mechanism that gives us our Social Instinct.

This is actually a very good question. Well Done!!

Going back to Darwin. As a species we are best served by organising ourselves into societies. These societies are based on some moral code or the other. What would be the best way to survive the vicissitudes of history, ranging from natural disasters, to wars, to whatever ....

Ans: A good diversity of societies. Some challenges that certain societies may not be able to survive, others will because of their unique characteristics. While one society might exploit it's environment up to a point that the environment will no longer be able to sustain the society, another society (even in the same environment) will be able to survive due to it's own unique characteristic. Some people live on water and fish for Livelihood. If Lagos were to suffer a 20 year flooding today which society do you think will survive in Lagos. The Land based one or the water based one.

I never said that Morality have nothing to do with Religion. In fact a society's religion is often an expression of it's moral disposition. We just see it the other way around. You think the Morality is derived from the religion. I know that the religion is derived from the Morality.

I believe that I"ve already answered this. Morality gives us a basis to form all sorts of societies. Forming Societies is a evolutionary advantage for our species.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
Dfire:
okay have you ever seen two chickens killing each other
No but I've seen a male chicken chasing a female chicken and.... Try as much as you can to justify it it's called 'RAPE' so I guess rape must be a good thing
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by PastorAIO: 12:26am On Jan 28, 2018
danvon:
No but I've seen a male chicken chasing a female chicken and.... Try as much as you can to justify it it's called 'RAPE' so I guess rape must be a good thing

You see.., That is just what it is. Whether you call it a good thing or a bad thing depends on the Moral judgment you give it.

From someone else's perspective that is the way the species propagates so therefore it must be a good thing.

It's like that Goodluck/Badluck story. But I won't tell it again. Instead I'll use historical examples.

Is an event Evil if it leads to a Good outcome eventually? For example, Roman conquered Israel and the whole mediterranean The Israelites were upset. The Romans built a vast network of roads linking all the parts of the empire.

The followers of Jesus hated the Roman oppression. Decades later they began to evangelise in the empire. There is absolutely no way that Christianity would have spread that fast if Rome hadn't built those roads. Not to mention the postal system which they used to write letters to each other.

In the end the Roman empire served christianity. Without an empire there would be no christianity.

So the Roman empire was a good thing?

Well when Rome collapsed it was precisely because of those roads that the barbarian found it so easy to sweep across the empire. There was a saying: 'All roads lead to Rome'. Basically find any roman road and follow it westward for as long as it takes and you'll eventually end up on Rome.

Those 'good' roads that served Rome so well also became the evil Roads that brought the demise of Rome so swiftly.

Or take the Black Death in Europe. That was Evil wasn't it? 33% reduction in the population of Europe. Yet it refreshed Europe and ushered in the end of the Feudal system, more prosperity etc etc etc...

Chengis Khan went on a murder spree from the wastes of Mongolia up to the doors of Europe. That was Evil. Yet he created the largest land mass empire that ever existed (till today) and thanks to him the Silk Road was opened that brought about communication and new ideas from the Far east and Europe.
Was Chengis Khan's murder spree a good thing or a bad thing?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 28, 2018
danvon:
See there are many Christians that force their children to go to church I know because I was forced, imagine being forced to attend a charismatic-speaking in tongue-nonsense like my worst nightmare come true
So stop talking about Christians like they are all nice people they deserve to be bashed maybe it'll stop their madness
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by PastorAIO: 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
dalaman:

It can also mean that he follows a different moral code that does not value the lives of those millions so much.

A moral code can even consider the death of those millions as a Good thing.

For instance I have heard many christians (not all but only the really disturbingly wacky ones) claim that the genocide of Canaan was a Good thing. God's justice in fact.

Hitler's highest goal was to get Lebenstraum for his people. Anything that facilitated this was good, even the killing of millions.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by dalaman: 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
PastorAIO:

It can also mean that he follows a different moral code that does not value the lives of those millions so much.

A moral code can even consider the death of those millions as a Good thing.

For instance I have heard many christians (not all but only the really disturbingly wacky ones) claim that the genocide of Canaan was a Good thing. God's justice in fact.

Hitler's highest goal was to get Lebenstraum for his people. Anything that facilitated this was good, even the killing of millions.

Very good illustration with the genocide of the Caananites. Even Christians consider some kind of genocide as good.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by PastorAIO: 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2018
danvon:

What's the difference between not having morals and disregarding it if you disregard it it's because you believe it's stupid

You actually have a good point here. And if you believe it's stupid then it's not really YOUR moral code. Maybe it's a code that someone is trying to impose on you from outside but you don't really buy it.

There is an imperative force that comes with moral codes and once you are convicted of the code you serve it totally.

Anybody that fails to live up to their own internal moral code will feel wracked with guilt. His conscience will not let him rest.

I remember reading Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. The book was about the story of a runaway white boy and a run away slave in America during slavery days. The two were friends. Yet the white boy, Huckleberry, was suffering with guilty feelings for allowing someone's property to run away.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by Humanistme: 6:08pm On Jan 28, 2018
PastorAIO:

You actually have a good point here. And if you believe it's stupid then it's not really YOUR moral code. Maybe it's a code that someone is trying to impose on you from outside but you don't really buy it.

There is an imperative force that comes with moral codes and once you are convicted of the code you serve it totally.

Anybody that fails to live up to their own internal moral code will feel wracked with guilt. His conscience will not let him rest.

I remember reading Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. The book was about the story of a runaway white boy and a run away slave in America during slavery days. The two were friends. Yet the white boy, Huckleberry, was suffering with guilty feelings for allowing someone's property to run away.

hmm
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by DeepSight(m): 5:50am On Jan 31, 2018
PastorAIO:

Oh my God, here we go again!! Deepsight, please, I know you'll be the one best suited to explain this to this guy. after our conversations a couple of years ago.

Since Deepsight is probably not around let me do it.

There is a difference between a Sense-Of-Morality and a specific Moral Code.

Think of it as the Sense of Morality is the skeleton and the Moral Code is what hangs on the skeleton. you can exchange different moral codes. The moral codes can evolve, but the Sense of Morality is an ingrained instinct.

Everybody thinks Morally. We just have different moral codes.

How goes bro
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by DeepSight(m): 5:57am On Jan 31, 2018
PastorAIO:

May I divulge some biblical knowledge to you.

It is believed according to the bible that the sense of Morality (knowledge of Good and Evil) is ingrained in Man due to the fact that Adam and Eve ate of the fruit of the Tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil.

The writers of the bible know that the sense of Morality is ingrained in all Humans. You don't have to join any religious doctrine to have a moral code. You don't need to believe in God either. It's congenital from the time of Adam to this very day.

The bible goes Further. It's says that acquiring a Sense of Morality will turn you in to a God.

There is a instinctive responsibility ingrained along with the Moral sense. Every human being tries to maximise what he believes is Good and tries to minimize what he believes is Bad.
We strive in every second of our lives to make things Better rather than worse. The only time you can see someone willingly making things worse is when their perspective is different from yours. To you they are making things worse but for them they are striving to make things better.

The instinct to Strive to reshape the world according to our Moral inclination makes us partakers of the creation process. It makes us Gods.

Who taught you this. You don dey mature
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by DeepSight(m): 6:05am On Jan 31, 2018
dalaman:

Who told you Hitler was law abiding. Go read his story. He wasn't.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by DeepSight(m): 6:16am On Jan 31, 2018
PastorAIO:

You see.., That is just what it is. Whether you call it a good thing or a bad thing depends on the Moral judgment you give it.

From someone else's perspective that is the way the species propagates so therefore it must be a good thing.

It's like that Goodluck/Badluck story. But I won't tell it again. Instead I'll use historical examples.

Is an event Evil if it leads to a Good outcome eventually? For example, Roman conquered Israel and the whole mediterranean The Israelites were upset. The Romans built a vast network of roads linking all the parts of the empire.

The followers of Jesus hated the Roman oppression. Decades later they began to evangelise in the empire. There is absolutely no way that Christianity would have spread that fast if Rome hadn't built those roads. Not to mention the postal system which they used to write letters to each other.

In the end the Roman empire served christianity. Without an empire there would be no christianity.

So the Roman empire was a good thing?

Well when Rome collapsed it was precisely because of those roads that the barbarian found it so easy to sweep across the empire. There was a saying: 'All roads lead to Rome'. Basically find any roman road and follow it westward for as long as it takes and you'll eventually end up on Rome.

Those 'good' roads that served Rome so well also became the evil Roads that brought the demise of Rome so swiftly.

Or take the Black Death in Europe. That was Evil wasn't it? 33% reduction in the population of Europe. Yet it refreshed Europe and ushered in the end of the Feudal system, more prosperity etc etc etc...

Chengis Khan went on a murder spree from the wastes of Mongolia up to the doors of Europe. That was Evil. Yet he created the largest land mass empire that ever existed (till today) and thanks to him the Silk Road was opened that brought about communication and new ideas from the Far east and Europe.
Was Chengis Khan's murder spree a good thing or a bad thing?

This is shallow.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by PastorAIO: 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
DeepSight:

How goes bro

Karuze X Karoth X Karathoi X Kemelton X Achatum Ella X Dyestim + Rim + Warmat + Ko + Nemarram + Palat + Themat + Amarrh + Gyseton + Ralapharos + O Sachman + Machey + Gacles + Bachat + Gyrta + Somon + DeepSight + + Now have I Summoned thee

By this I compel thee to appear unto me before this circle and to do what I command thee…

O infernal stench of Hell, O Moribund Spirit of the Darkest habitations. I Evoke your Name

DEEPSIGHT DEEPSIGHT DEEPSIGHT

How many times callest I thou?

by the power and virtue of the letters which I have inscribed - do I command thee to give me a sign of thy arrival

Now do I conjure and command thee O Evil Spirit by the powers of Heaven and by the words of life, The Tetragrammaton and the 7 archangels....

I command thee to explain the difference between A moral Code and A Sense of Morality to those who know it not. I command thee to go find the link where it was taught to you severally yet your dim infernal mind took 5 years to understand it. Go fetch that link and bring it here.

Fly swiftly to the task. Let Haste and Alacrity be your byword For I cannot bear this stench of Sulphur for much longer. Fly!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by PastorAIO: 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2018
DeepSight:

Who taught you this. You don dey mature

My Holy Spirit taught it to me as I am taught most things.

You Gargoyle of the Deep are you trying to be condescending. I shall now banish you back to the Infernal region from whence you came.

Beelzebub, Abraxas Abaddon, Focalor, Fur Fur and all ye infernal hosts, Your companion is missing you. Come and collect and return to Heat and Chain, return to Vomit and Pain, Return return to Gnashing of Teeth

I Banish Thee. Return Return Gehenna misses thee.

With these words art thou bound and Banished to Gehenna.

Go!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by LotusFan: 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
PastorAIO:

Karuze X Karoth X Karathoi X Kemelton X Achatum Ella X Dyestim + Rim + Warmat + Ko + Nemarram + Palat + Themat + Amarrh + Gyseton + Ralapharos + O Sachman + Machey + Gacles + Bachat + Gyrta + Somon + DeepSight + + Now have I Summoned thee

By this I compel thee to appear unto me before this circle and to do what I command thee…

O infernal stench of Hell, O Moribund Spirit of the Darkest habitations. I Evoke your Name

DEEPSIGHT DEEPSIGHT DEEPSIGHT

How many times callest I thou?

by the power and virtue of the letters which I have inscribed - do I command thee to give me a sign of thy arrival

Now do I conjure and command thee O Evil Spirit by the powers of Heaven and by the words of life, The Tetragrammaton and the 7 archangels....

I command thee to explain the difference between A moral Code and A Sense of Morality to those who know it not. I command thee to go find the link where it was taught to you severally yet your dim infernal mind took 5 years to understand it. Go fetch that link and bring it here.

Fly swiftly to the task. Let Haste and Alacrity be your byword For I cannot bear this stench of Sulphur for much longer. Fly!!

This is tooooo funny grin

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by DeepSight(m): 12:20am On Feb 01, 2018
PastorAIO:

My Holy Spirit taught it to me as I am taught most things.

You Gargoyle of the Deep are you trying to be condescending. I shall now banish you back to the Infernal region from whence you came.

Beelzebub, Abraxas Abaddon, Focalor, Fur Fur and all ye infernal hosts, Your companion is missing you. Come and collect and return to Heat and Chain, return to Vomit and Pain, Return return to Gnashing of Teeth

I Banish Thee. Return Return Gehenna misses thee.

With these words art thou bound and Banished to Gehenna.

Go!

Hahahahahahahaha! Alagbara. I have missed your mind.

Take no notice of me, i have already argued my views long ago. I verily believe that the Sense of Morality you refer to touches upon my take years ago and there is no point quibbling further on the point. Ad infinitum ad nauseum.

I hail. Your words were classic hilarious though. Good form.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by hahn(m): 11:11am On Feb 01, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Where is Hahn?

I was on a 2 month ban for calling one dude that did a fake video of himself disappearing last year a fool. And another fool banned me

tongue
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2018
That reference to don Quixote though, kinda ironic because an atheist is the one who looks at the windmill and say it's a windmill not some mighty Giant as long as atheists conduct reasonable argument (unlike some crazy ones) as you pointed out, they are not deluded. It's the theist who are deluded

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by OtemAtum: 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2018
danvon:
well by what you meant you mean we should care for one another, how exactly? My question is why would you be 'human' first? We're all animals durrh and last time I checked it's not Heaven in the jungle
Like animals of the same species don't care for one another or what Haven't you heard of a pride of lion and a colony of ants before? We humans are animals of the same species, that's why we should care for one another too. We were all humans but religious and irreligious differences seem to be tearing us apart.
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by OtemAtum: 2:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
hahn:

I was on a 2 month ban for calling one dude that did a fake video of himself disappearing last year a fool. And another fool banned me

tongue
Lol, you mean the guy that was playing hide and seek with his camera phone? That video made my day that day aswear grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by danvon(m): 4:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
OtemAtum:
Like animals of the same species don't care for one another or what Haven't you heard of a pride of lion and a colony of ants before? We humans are animals of the same species, that's why we should care for one another too. We were all humans but religious and irreligious differences seem to be tearing us apart.
Lions fight each other, I can't believe you mentioned ants, ants have a military they fight wars exactly like humans they kill one another.
I agree with you but don't compare animals with humans
Re: Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? by OtemAtum: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2018
danvon:
well by what you meant you mean we should care for one another, how exactly? My question is why would you be 'human' first? We're all animals durrh and last time I checked it's not Heaven in the jungle
You care for your species first. It makes sense that way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can One Go A Day Without Sinning? / Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? / Praying Unclad..........................what Is The Spiritual Significance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.