Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,408 members, 7,861,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest (4597 Views)

Shehu Sani Replies Presidency: You Taught PDP How To Politicize Insecurity / Senate President: Block Votes Unlikely As PDP Senators Split / Buhari Locks In Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, Niger, Kwara - Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by Desyner: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:

Politics is a game of numbers, even if his wife & daughter come out openly against him his numbers in the North aint gonna move an inch, Buharism is like an established religion, forget the current mumble & grumble, I dare say that in 2019 he will have up to 15 million votes or more.

In order to be President of Nigeria you must have North-West & South-West block votes, he always had North-West overwhelmingly, merger with Tinubu gave him South-West and it was a done deal.

Reducing terror related deaths by 80%, simply means North-Easterners are not going to gamble their lives on anyone else...You can argue this with your keyboards.

South-West?...are the Yorubas who suffered the heck of marginalisation under PDP/GEJ going to "throw away" the current "milk & honey" Osinbajo, Kemi Adeosun, Fayemi, Babatunde Fowler & Super Minister Babatunde Fashola just like that? They will think about it profoundly...but I don't see that happening at all.

Middle-Belt, SS & SE? Take care of Herdsmen Vs Farmers crises in a very EFFECTIVE & DECISIVE way and you will score even better than 2015.

Emerging 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and X force? They may shake the dust off the curtains but that's it, Nigerian democracy is not yet as advanced as the French, German, Netherlands etc. for a 3rd force to make any significant impact 2019 is too close to call for such...It is simply (and sadly) going to be a PDP Vs APC affair.

Femi Adesina, go back to your media job in Lagos. You are going gaga without knowing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by Adekdammy: 8:38am On Jan 23, 2018
Mynd44:

Exactly. The SW although has no reason to vote President Buhari based on his perfomance but when they are given Atiku and The rest of the guys in the opposition as options, who do you think they will (reluctantly) vote for?

I love your reasoning but let's look at this way, an average sw calls a spade a spade and has no place for sentiments, if PDP fields Atiku which I doubt, PDP may likely capture sw because the voice in town now is anybody but Buhari and that same slang emanated from the sw during the last election, anybody but Buhari then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sarrki(m): 8:38am On Jan 23, 2018
Desyner:
Femi Adesina, go back to your media job in Lagos. You are going gaga without knowing it.

Uncle you don dey see double ooooo
Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by michlins(m): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2018
sekxyqueen:
[s][/s]

they voted for Tony umeh and not the party..

btw,,,pdp got a divided vote..

because the same people that were meant to vote in pdp voted apga..stop spewing trash
Obiano will facilitate his getting enough votes in Anambra subtly. You can take it to the bank. Moreover Igbos are eyeing the presidency after Buhari and the only way to get it is to ensure he wins. He may not win Anambra but he will surely get enough votes to counter any shortage.
sarrki:

God bless you sire
as for you, I hate it he's winning but this is the bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sarrki(m): 8:41am On Jan 23, 2018
Adekdammy:

I love your reasoning but let's look at this way, an average sw calls a spade a spade and has no place for sentiments, if PDP fields Atiku which I doubt, PDP may likely capture sw because the voice in town now is anybody but Buhari and that same slang emanated from the sw during the last election, anybody but Buhari then.

The core voters are there

You will be surprised by February next year

Serious

For me based on performance I will say A BIG NO

But the party challenging pmb is a No go Area for me and people of like minds

2 Likes

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by Adekdammy: 8:45am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:

What did PDP/Gej regime or government did for the southwest to warrant the support come 2019 ?

For the question about rail line

Its a new one completely, the type of Abuja to Kaduna

It with be delivered before 2019 election

You can take this to the bank

Except you don't want to be truthful, during gej/PDP, employment rate was high which was as a result of the govt policy bar the corruption which is still available now sir , now compare that to the high unemployment rate we have not just in sw but in the whole country due to the govt bad policies.

As for the rail, I saw some train coaches on heavy duty trucks passing in front of my office , not different from the ones gej bought, mind you new rail before 2019, fingers crossed, because Iddo rail thru oshodi to kajola is still the same Lord luggArd rail

3 Likes

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by Mynd44: 8:45am On Jan 23, 2018
Adekdammy:

No one is saying anybody but Buhari. It is a matter of, "yeah, he performed averagely, lets see another person first"

But throw in Atiku and then PDP and you will see them run in away.

In 2015, Lagosians really wanted to see what will happen if another governor wins but with PDP? nah……then uncle Agbaje went to play the tribal card

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sekxyqueen(f): 8:47am On Jan 23, 2018
michlins:
Obiano will facilitate his getting enough votes in Anambra subtly. You can take it to the bank. Moreover Igbos are eyeing the presidency after Buhari and the only way to get it is to ensure he wins. He may not win Anambra but he will surely get enough votes to counter any shortage. as for you, I hate it he's winning but this is the bitter truth
which Igbos are eyeing presidency,,let the media keep deceiving you...

you mean the hungry politicians cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sarrki(m): 8:51am On Jan 23, 2018
sekxyqueen:

which Igbos are eyeing presidency,,let the media keep deceiving you...

you mean the hungry politicians cheesy

Aunty the earlier the better you know that politics is game of interest and numbers

1 Like

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by Eggcelent(m): 8:52am On Jan 23, 2018
Sarrki

Thank You For Making Political Sense

I Laugh When I Hear Some Nigerians Sitting In One Tiny Spot Within Nigeria Saying PMB Will Lose In 2019

Political Reality Is PMB Will Continue In Power Beyond 2019. Talk Is Cheap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by Dhugal: 8:53am On Jan 23, 2018
sekxyqueen:

he will get which vote from SE..
seems your head is paining you
Seriously paining him,walahi.
SE where majority of APC executives have resolved to work for PDP presidential candidate.
The guy na real ozuor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by mightyhaze: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2018
so nigeria shd continue in penury, gross ineptitude and mass murders just for the fact that an osibanjo is vp...

na wa for dese yoruba ppl shaaa

God dey watch una

1 Like

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sekxyqueen(f): 8:56am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:

Aunty the earlier the better you know that politics is game of interest and numbers
keep ranting on my mentions..
Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sarrki(m): 8:56am On Jan 23, 2018
mightyhaze:
so nigeria shd continue in penury, gross ineptitude and mass murders just for the fact that an osibanjo is vp...

na wa for dese yoruba ppl shaaa

God dey watch una

Daddy most of your comment are tribal in nature

Same thing that will be used against you and your likes come 2019
Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by aolawale025: 8:57am On Jan 23, 2018
Certainly there would be gnashing of teeth in 2019. Disappointments awaits plenty
Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sarrki(m): 9:00am On Jan 23, 2018
aolawale025:
Certainly there would be gnashing of teeth in 2019. Disappointments awaits plenty

Just around the corner
Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by mightyhaze: 9:04am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:

Daddy most of your comment are tribal in nature

Same thing that will be used against you and your likes come 2019
Grand dad dat reverse psyche wont work.. this thread of urs reeks of bigotry...
according to u, based on performance u wont vote buhari.. but because osibanjo is vp, even if a midas emerge as a flagbearer in another party, so far he is not yoruba, buhari will be voted in the sw ahead of him,...

is not this the essence of this useless thread?

perhaps u kid urself u have the brains to hoodwink ppl here? just because the average posters here dont have time to lounge on this forum like ur jobless self?

5 Likes

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sarrki(m): 9:09am On Jan 23, 2018
mightyhaze:
Grand dad dat reverse psyche wont work.. this thread of urs reeks of bigotry...
according to u, based on performance u wont vote buhari.. but because osibanjo is vp, even if a midas emerge as a flagbearer in another party, so far he is not yoruba, buhari will be voted in the sw ahead of him,...

is not this the essence of this useless thread?

perhaps u kid urself u have the brains to hoodwink ppl here? just because the average posters here dont have time to lounge on this forum like ur jobless self?

Papa I will and will vote pmb & Pyo above PDP and cohorts
Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by Adekdammy: 9:11am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:

Serious

For me based on performance I will say A BIG NO As a patriot, with this statement, you are supposed to stop supporting him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by otr1(m): 9:28am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:
There is know way Southwest Majority will sell away the vice president to install another party in the name of whatsoever.

Southwest are well settled politically & infrastructurally
Most of the political appointee's are from southwest

Yemi Osinbajo the VP is from southwest.

Also interms of infrastructure Ilorin - Ibadan, Lagos - Ibadan, seceding Lagos to southwest by pmb are all campaign tools

Less I forget Lagos -Abeokuta -Ibadan rail line is inclusive

So with the factors stated above I need a very constructive argument and reason why Southwest will jolt this to vote another party.
Political appointees don't pay nobody's bills.
Most of the so-called infrastructures (I'm assuming they exist) are actually brain-children of past administrations, so we can count on another administration different from this one to continue on it.
There is no way Buhari is winning a free and fair election anywhere outside the northwest and northeast (debatable).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by mightyhaze: 9:59am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:

Papa I will and will vote pmb & Pyo above PDP and cohorts
vote whoever u wish to vote, u have just one vote,just stop opening stupid tribalistic hreads ad ds one, painting the whole yoruba race as one big tribalistic n backwards lot... thr yorubas i knw aint like this..

5 Likes

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by mightyhaze: 10:05am On Jan 23, 2018
Adekdammy:

For me based on performance I will say A BIG NO As a patriot, with this statement, you are supposed to stop supporting him.

never use sarrki n the word patriot in same sentence, xcept u want to redefine the word.

4 Likes

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by tuniski: 10:10am On Jan 23, 2018
Mynd44:
I will alway say that while President Buhari has not done enough to deserve being reelected, all indications point to him winning the election unless the opposition can break the votes from the NW and NE.

The President is going to get more votes (by percebtage) in the NE than the NW, he will get more votes in the SE and SS than in 2015 and states like Edo and Ekiti will likely change.

As for the SW, he cant win more than 58-60% (which will just be enough) because as much as they might feel dissappointed, the PDP is almost non existent and a lot of people dont see PDP as an option.

The PDP needs Saraki to Decamp else they will not win Kwara.
You tried in a skewed analysis. The middle belt and South west regions are the Swing regions.
SW is 50:50 by the way who sw VP abi appointees epp?
The middle belt is reverting back to PDP. Let see how NW and NE wins presidency alone. Mind you those two regions always voted buhari all the time he lost thrice!
Watchout the middle belt is the real decider!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by ruggedboy01: 10:16am On Jan 23, 2018
bmc rodents mustrubating and giving themselves false hopescheesy
pathetic
Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by citizenY(m): 10:42am On Jan 23, 2018
FortifiedCity:
The north has a very scanty environment. Their eligible voters are not much in number.

The get more numbers during census and votes by registering cattles, underaged children and foreigners

You forgot to add the graves and.... . . . all the cows, goats, donkeys, chickens dogs and goats that were slaughtered in the south.

1 Like

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sarrki(m): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2018
mightyhaze:
never use sarrki n the word patriot in same sentence, xcept u want to redefine the word.

Mechonu

He's right

Am a patriot
Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by wildchild02: 11:06am On Jan 23, 2018
Adekdammy:

I don't think he's supporting him, he's just stating the naked truth. Most Buhari supporters are not happy with him cos he has performed below expectations but they won't vote PDP/Atiku. Most lovers of APC would actually like the Presidential ticket to be given to another person (maybe Ribadu or Osinbajo) unfortunately... You know the rest

1 Like

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by obonujoker(m): 11:27am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:

Mechonu

He's right

Am a patriot

You are a fickle dumb yoruba muslim out to paint yorubas as tribalistic which they aren't... yiu are in the same class of hypocritical eaters with Alariiwo, Vedaxcool, Demdem etc....

1 Like

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by modik(m): 11:31am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:

Serious

ABB

1 Like

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by Purehuman(m): 11:53am On Jan 23, 2018
Mynd44:
I will alway say that while President Buhari has not done enough to deserve being reelected, all indications point to him winning the election unless the opposition can break the votes from the NW and NE.

The President is going to get more votes (by percebtage) in the NE than the NW, he will get more votes in the SE and SS than in 2015 and states like Edo and Ekiti will likely change.

As for the SW, he cant win more than 58-60% (which will just be enough) because as much as they might feel dissappointed, the PDP is almost non existent and a lot of people dont see PDP as an option.

The PDP needs Saraki to Decamp else they will not win Kwara.

I think you do not know the street realities in the north because you do not stay in the north. The winning percentage buhari got in 2015 in the north will not be replicated as far as PDP do not field Atiku. The Northern states like Gombe will be difficult for him to climb because of the non-hausa majority in the state and the distaste of leadership in the state. No project was done by the federal government and as you all know, the state government has started his antibuhari politics in the state to secure it for himself. Taraba hates the Fulanis now more than ever and I doubt apart from the Fulani communities, he will win the herdsmen affected areas in the state. Same goes to Kano. Kwankwaso will demolish Bihari's dream in this state. His followers are the most loyal servants in the country. They are even begging him to go back to PDP. There is a rumour going round that Buhari is sending money to the Yorubas and neglecting them. They are now eating that propaganda like sweet meat now. Some are vowing that they are going to show him. There was a showdown in the women's leader house. They were insulting the leader for deceiving the women of the state to vote for Buhari in 2015. It didn't end well for the lady.

Niger state might neglect Buhari. Plateau votes will reduce, Kaduna will remain the same, Benue will be nonexistent. He will still win his core northern states like sokoto, zamfara, Katsina, etc but the vote turnouts will reduce drastically.

Buhari needs to appease IPOB leadership because any politician that gives them money and hope will totally crumble the hopes of Buhari in the east because the propaganda might change that the problem is not Fulani but Buhari.

Southwest can never give Buhari 80%, he will only win like 60% because of the Muslims and RCCG members in the region.

I think the greatest test to Buhari reelection is in 2019. He might find it difficult if they field someone other than Atiku.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by sarrki(m): 11:53am On Jan 23, 2018
wildchild02:

I don't think he's supporting him, he's just stating the naked truth. Most Buhari supporters are not happy with him cos he has performed below expectations but they won't vote PDP/Atiku. Most lovers of APC would actually like the Presidential ticket to be given to another person (maybe Ribadu or Osinbajo) unfortunately... You know the rest

Thanks bro

They failed to realize the obvious truth
Re: To Win The Presidency You Only Need 2 Block Votes Northwest & Southwest by mightyhaze: 11:54am On Jan 23, 2018
sarrki:

Mechonu

He's right

Am a patriot
parrot u mean..

parrot wey dey crase

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke / Sowore Caught Sleeping At Peace Meeting In Abuja / Between Ibom Air And The Hate By The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.