Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) (70657 Views)

How Buhari Sold Nigeria To The Chinese / Obasanjo’s Letter To President Buhari (Full Text Of The 13-paged Letter) / Fayose And His Vintage Car Spotted In Abuja Traffic. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by misgab: 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
dplordx:
Buhari, GEJ, UMYA, OBJ...
The only thing these men have in common is they are all total disappointment. I can't even tell any difference between all four. And now it seems another bigger disappointment called Atiku is warming up to waste another four years of Nigerians. Oh my country.
In all honesty list their sins especially OBJ apart from the third term bid. please no sentiment
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Mac2016(m): 9:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
IMASTEX:
An average Nigerian is very creative. The problem of this country has always been leadership. Those not even qualify to govern their homes running a whole state/country.
Nigerians have been sent down repressive economy and concomitant survivalist hustles....
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:36pm On Jan 24, 2018
kolawolejohn:

You need to know Jesus.... He never fails

I am in the land where Jesus Christ was born. I am currently in Tel Aviv.

Travel my friend, travel and see the world. Nobody except ignorant African villagers give a toss about Mr Jesus....Reason your pastors are fucking your wife, sister, daughter and mother at the same time while you are paying your tithe and wondering why nothing changes in your life.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by nextstep(m): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2018
Benekruku:
God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

2023 Ascerta!

I dont how wailers will cope till 2023!

Earlier you believe the reality, the better. Stroke and high blood pressure is not cured in Nigeria.

Partisanship aside... are you saying that Buhari should continue leading till 2023, because he has actually done well in his first term to deserve a second? Do you think it's possible the country would benefit from a different leader instead? I mean, no matter who is elected, I doubt you or I would personally benefit from contracts or anything, so why are people so vested in continuing with someone under whose leadership the country has suffered?

If you can point to solid reasons why he should continue, I'm all ears.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
bezimo:
The difference between the West and Africa is failing leadership propelled by unfathomable greed and incompetence!!

Some idiot said its Nigerians that are the problem...
Not so fast...A system that works is propelled by rules and regulations where leaders demonstrate sincerity of purpose, high value for human life, respect for the rule of law amd commitment to adding value to the lives of the people led, then the people led will follow after the leaders in how they behave and demonstrate patrotism like we see in the citizens of the West.

Unlike in the African setting like we see in Nigeria where the leadership continously demonstrate incompetence, wickedness and corruption while aiding and abetting the genocide of the people, displaying ethnoreligious bigotry, flagrant disregard for human live and the rule of law and leading the people by negative example..the people led will follow after them.So dont blame Nigerians.Useless Buharam hasnt helped matters since taking over in 2015..he has moved the system backward and as it were is unfit to remain as president and must be bundle back to his daura cows come 2019.

Travel my friend, ask your friends or relatives in Europe, Japan, Korea, Canada, USA etc.

The PEOPLE are responsible for the state of their country.

I did not see Buhari hoarding petrol in his house in Daura? Even GEJ knew nothing about the colossal amount of money stolen under his watch...Buhari did not import fake drugs in to the country. He did not take bribe at the border, or refuse to remit government money to the federation account. He did not go to the 36 states and local governments across the country to steal the allocations meant for the development and welfare of the people.

These are vices done by Nigerian people in various leadership positions. The PASTORS are not left out, VC of universities steal and pilage, medical directors of large hospitals steal and pillage money meant for our common health care, the list of horror goes on.....

In sane countries, the average citizens and those in position of responsibilities do not behave this way.

It is OUR fucking fault.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by dieBYfire: 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Blind people of Nigeria can't you see that we, the people are the problem.

Even Jesus Christ will FAIL if he became president of Nigerians

Lawless, cheating, dishonest, corrupt, two-faced, hustler, unproductive, over sexualised, immoral, liars. That's the lot of you Nigerians.

How can this set of people expect angels to come amongst them into leadership positions. The Senate president, the legislators, governors, what are they? crooks!,,, A country of crooks looking for a saint to rule them....U go look tire!

Who else after BUHARI.........And those idiots from the east are shouting articulation all over the place.
And what is this idiot typing jargons trying to say?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by learnedman(m): 9:54pm On Jan 24, 2018
Osetiela! the Navigator in chief of APC has taken over to chart the way forward!
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
Bluffly:

Do you know that you just blasphemed

Bullshit come and tell me that here in the land where your Jesus Christ (who is not connected to Africans in any way ) was conceived and born! Nonsense, blashphem ko blashfemi ni! Ignorance is ......

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by terrezo2002(m): 9:58pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Lawless, cheating, dishonest, corrupt, two-faced, hustler, unproductive, over sexualised, immoral, liars. That's the lot of you Nigerians.

How can this set of people expect angels to come amongst them into leadership positions. The Senate president, the legislators, governors, what are they? crooks!,,, A country of crooks looking for a saint to rule them....U go look tire!

Who else after BUHARI.........And those idiots from the east are shouting articulation all over the place.
How could you you bring Jesus Christ into this matter? You have got no respect for Him. Did you not read in the Bible when Jesus Christ will come and rule. That in His kingdom there shall be righteousness and peace
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Bluffly: 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Bullshit come and tell me that here in the land where your Jesus Christ (who is not connected to Africans in any way ) was conceived and born! Nonsense, blashphem ko blashfemi ni! Ignorance is ......
It's your world. Jaiye ori e
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by bezimo(m): 9:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Travel my friend, ask your friends or relatives in Europe, Japan, Korea, Canada, USA etc.

The PEOPLE are responsible for the state of their country.

I did not see Buhari hoarding petrol in his house in Daura? Even GEJ knew nothing about the colossal amount of money stolen under his watch...Buhari did not import fake drugs in to the country. He did not take bribe at the border, or refuse to remit government money to the federation account. He did not go to the 36 states and local governments across the country to steal the allocations meant for the development and welfare of the people.

These are vices done by Nigerian people in various leadership positions. The PASTORS are not left out, VC of universities steal and pilage, medical directors of large hospitals steal and pillage money meant for our common health care, the list of horror goes on.....

In sane countries, the average citizens and those in position of responsibilities do not behave this way.

It is OUR fucking fault.

Something must be wrong with your small brain to assume I don't travel..I have been to more countries in the West than you have been..or possibly you travel to tel Aviv is your first possible international trip that's if you are not a liar.

I have lived in the West From Europe to North America and speak as one with first hand experience of presently living there.

So i strongly disagree with your position..it is not the citizens fault..it is the failing useless govt fault because of their corrruption, nepotism, greed and zero regard for the rule of law and human life.

Please dont yarn nonsense by including pastors because pastors are not voted and as such are not accountable to anybody except the God that called them to be pastors..Is it Pastors that will come and run the govt, is it them that will create an encouraging and enabling environment to promote industrial development...is them that should send soldiers to arrest the herdsmen killing people up and down..is it them that will build roads, is it them that will give direction to the parastatals of govt on how to be productive.Abeg stop yarning rubish nonsense.

Who appointed the VCs and the looting medical directors..is not the useless federal govt who install thieves with zero intergrity to run these systems because that is who they are and you are here yarning rubbish.the bulk of the blame stop at the feet of an incompetent and useless president.. that is all the opposite of what obtain in the West.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by truthstands12: 10:00pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

I don't know who you are but have respect and honour for that previous name JESUS CHRIST. Don't bring it into your post on this page. If you don't have respect for that name, many of us have and will not tolerate any mockery or insult on that name.
State your opinion or suggestions but leave that holy name out of your political discussion.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by datribune: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
greiboy:
if shagari was rigged into power, who should have won ?

if yaradua was rigged into ppwer, then who should have won?

If Jonathan was rigged into power, then who should have won?

During obj first time as military head of state He brought a lot of stability to Nigeria when it was needed. He made alot of positive economic investments and handed power over to a civilian government

During his second term in office he also brought stability and find a way to settle Nigerians foreign debt.

Obj is not a saint, no Nigeria politician is one, but please can you name any other politician more successful than obj in the history of Nigeria.

Though d election was tainted, Yaradua won. GEJ also won in 2011.
Go & read about d 1979 elections & d infamous issue of twelve two third.
Shagari never won d first round and they should hav gone for a 2nd round which Awolowo could hav won. However, he threatened to probe OBJ should he become President & d rest is history.
d Ota farm you see today is d proceed of OBJ's corruption when he was military head of state. A farm that d late Nyerere of Tanzania visited & couldn't believe that an individual could own.
d payment of d foreign debt was unwise. It is to date d largest transfer of wealth frm a poor country to the developed world in modern times.
For a country with enormous internal economic problems, wit 70% of its population mired in penury & poverty, to repatriate such a wealth to the west was not a prudent decision.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
terrezo2002:

How could you you bring Jesus Christ into this matter? You have got no respect for Him. Did you not read in the Bible when Jesus Christ will come and rule. That in His kingdom there shall be righteousness and peace

You know what?
The rubbish you put here is not even funny. I am in Israel right now.........
nobody gives a shit about Jesus Christ here.....and neither do I
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
truthstands12:

I don't know who you are but have respect and honour for that previous name JESUS CHRIST. Don't bring it into your post on this page. If you don't have respect for that name, many of us have and will not tolerate any mockery or insult on that name.
State your opinion or suggestions but leave that holy name out of your political discussion.

Well Jesus Christ is not holy to me and I have a right to mu opinion
I am in Tel Aviv as we speak. Jesus means nothing here in the land of his birth so which one be your own?
Anyway most of you have never left your shithole to know the truth. Jesus is ordinary.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by CSTR2: 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Give me an example of the said first world nation, thanks.

And while you are at it tell me who in Nigeria, will consciously go to the polls and vote for an Igbo president of Nigeria? Just a simple question.

The united states have far more problems than Nigeria. Locally they have very high crime rates and gun issues that just will not go away because it is rooted in the constituton

Their local and foreign debts are sky- high too, immigration issues, global issues that will turn the head of any Nigerian leader to jelly.

Their problems trascend national to international. The US have powerful enemy nations that want to exterminate them, Nigeria don't.

The US have a more ravenous population than Nigeria. Their expectations are sky-high that evenn the great Obama has been demystifyed.

As for who will vote for an igbo man, maybe you should speak for yourself .You have only one vote that will easily be nullfied.
Not evrey Nigerian share your sensiblities and bigotry. Your politics is not my politics. Your candidates is not my candidate.

Buhari was perpetually unelectable for 3 times in a row but he has won now . You conveinetly failed to provide any rational reason for that.
And most igbo candidates are better than Buhari. When the suffer pass wetin man fit carry, nobody will tell them to vote an igbo man.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by okerekeikpo: 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2018
And the idiot doesn't want to accept that he is a failure
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Bimpe29: 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
Kai! Obasanjo really treated Buhari's Bleep up. I pity Daura's General credibility
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by cassidy1996(m): 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
dplordx:
Buhari, GEJ, UMYA, OBJ...
The only thing these men have in common is they are all total disappointment. I can't even tell any difference between all four. And now it seems another bigger disappointment called Atiku is warming up to waste another four years of Nigerians. Oh my country.
you have said it all
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by truthstands12: 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

I am in the land where Jesus Christ was born. I am currently in Tel Aviv.

Travel my friend, travel and see the world. Nobody except ignorant African villagers give a toss about Mr Jesus....Reason your pastors are fucking your wife, sister, daughter and mother at the same time while you are paying your tithe and wondering why nothing changes in your life.

You must be an agent of darkness for saying this. If you don't know who my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is, stay clear of Him and never insult His holy name. I assure you that you cannot stand before His judgement throne on the last day when He would judge the world. Hell is real.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by bezimo(m): 10:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
ultron12345:
d leaders that will show sincerity of purpose, high value for human life, commitment to add value to d live of d pple, where will dey come from. Where will they come from amongst wicked pple. Nigerians are a bad pple who beget bad leaders, all Nigerians are corrupt, even in primary school, class monitor favours his friends

They will come from Nigeria..because everybody in the system is not curropt..we still have a few men with integrity who can deliver all these.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:13pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Analysis of an illiterate.
Before China, Singapore or Dubai acquired leaders of purpose, the world said similar things about them. Your diatribe is old and unconvincing. The problem is not the people - it is the leaders.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 10:14pm On Jan 24, 2018
CSTR2:

The united states have far more problems than Nigeria. Locally they have very high crime rates and gun issues that just will not go away because it is rooted in the constituton

Their local and foreign debts are sky- high too, immigration issues, global issues that will turn the head of any Nigerian leader to jelly.

Their problems trascend national to international. The US have powerful enemy nations that want to exterminate them, Nigeria don't.

The US have a more ravenous population than Nigeria. Their expectations are sky-high that evenn the great Obama has been demystifyed.

As for who will vote for an igbo man, maybe you should speak for yourself .You have only one vote that will easily be nullfied.
Not evrey Nigerian share your sensiblities and bigotry. Your politics is not my politics. Your candidates is not my candidate.

Buhari was perpetually unelectable for 3 times in a row but he has won now . You conveinetly failed to provide any rational reason for that.
And most igbo candidates are better than Buhari. When the suffer pass wetin man fit carry, nobody will tell them to vote an igbo man.

All the issues highlighted in your post are not complex issues my friend (in the overall scheme of things and relative to the power, wealth, technological advancement, decent citizens, knowledge, world position and profile of the USA). No comparison. And remember I mentioned decent citizenry which Nigeria have not.

Nothing is wrong with Igbo candidate but Nigerians will not vote for one and no central mainstream Nigerian political party would risk or field one.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ChidiAlaigbo: 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Analysis of an illiterate.
Before China, Singapore or Dubai acquired leaders of purpose, the world said similar things about them. Your diatribe is old and unconvincing.

Can you honestly see a purposeful and truthful leader emerge in this Nigeria? A country full of crooks and hustlers.......I would hold my breathe on it. Give me examples, realistic examples please not Pat Utomi please.

I have been to the countries mentioned except Singapore. Their system created purposeful leadership. Nigeria and Africans are damn too crooked and abnormal to create such systems.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
datribune:

Though d election was tainted, Yaradua won. GEJ also won in 2011.
Go & read about d 1979 elections & d infamous issue of twelve two third.
Shagari never won d first round and they should hav gone for a 2nd round which Awolowo could hav won. However, he threatened to probe OBJ should he become President & d rest is history.
d Ota farm you see today is d proceed of OBJ's corruption when he was military head of state. A farm that d late Nyerere of Tanzania visited & couldn't believe that an individual could own.
d payment of d foreign debt was unwise. It is to date d largest transfer of wealth frm a poor country to the developed world in modern time
For a country with enormous internal economic problems, wit 70% of its population mired in penury & poverty, to repatriate such a wealth to the west was not a prudent decision.

@bloded

Educate me, his is payment of the debt not prudent

>First of all, he wasn't the one who borrowed the money,

> secondly if he didn't pay the debt, Nigeria will have continued to service the debt with our scarce resources. E.g. take a look at what is happening in osun today, Nigeria's own will have been worst

2) The operation feed the nation which led to otta farms was a tactical economic development. At least, he didn't steal huge amount of money and stack it a swiz bank accounts like some of his mates.

For the record, the incorruptible Neyere's policy left Tanzania as one of the poorest nation in Africa, it only started getting back on his feet after his death.

3) So now it is only shagari election you can contest.. it is funny how Nigerians tag election as rigged when election results doesn't go according to plan

4) Obj economic achievements in government

>improving the Nigerian foreign reserves from 9bn dollars in 1999 to 43bn in 2003

>payment of about 18bn dollars debt

> successfully deregulating the Phone sector

> completing the port refinery in 1979

And so on

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by terrezo2002(m): 10:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

You know what? The rubbish you put here is not even funny. I am in Israel right now......... nobody gives a shit about Jesus Christ here.....and neither do I
alright no vex. I can understand you now
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by PierreDeFermath(m): 10:24pm On Jan 24, 2018
the letter should be sold every Nigerian should read it because if we follow a he said,the country will move forward
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by PierreDeFermath(m): 10:31pm On Jan 24, 2018
QuitNotice:
E de pain Obasanjo say e return im loot for nothing grin
and Buhari still come reloot him loot,meaning Buhari steal him money
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by 3kay945(m): 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
greiboy:
obj is the longest serving Nigerian president in Nigerian history

He served as a military and civilian president

He knows a thing or two about politics. Whenever he has sent such letter, it has meant something

> he told yaradua to step down during his ill health debacale but yaradua refused to step down and died

> he told Jonathan not to contest again but he refused and failed

Now! tell me his obj responsible for any one of these things ?

He is a elder statesman with a very deep understanding of Nigeria, mind you he is not the only one writing such letters.

Thanks for your response to that dude you quoted. Maybe he didn't read the part where Obasanjo said he will back out when the movement is steer towards politics or political parties..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by 3kay945(m): 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
datribune:

Is that how to advice a colleague in good faith?. OBJ has access to d President & could easily hav given him that advice, one on one. His monumental ego makes him see himself as a Messiah, something he said Abiola wasn't. None of his predecessors ever did that to him. He did it to Yaradua, GEJ & now PMB. Someone has to call him out.
in my opinion, he's only trying to corner power through d backdoor by saying he will be a member of a third force to take power frm d two main parties.
OBJ cares for no one but himself.

With all due respect, if you have any grudges with Obasanjo, put it aside and read the letter again. But if you still have the mindset of the post above. I am sorry to say this to you. You are not okay Sir.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by coolplanet: 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2018
Angelanest:
The "bombshell" letter written by former President Olusegun Obasanjo to President Muhammadu Buhari - has been complied into hard copies and are now being sold on the streets for citizens.

Obasanjo questioned President Buhari’s competence to rule Nigeria further, advising him to forget his second term bid.

He said this on Tuesday in a special press statement titled, ‘The Way Out: A clarion call for coalition for Nigeria Movement.’

The former President told Buhari not to test the patience of Nigerians, advising him to consider a deserved rest after the completion of his first term.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/01/obasanjos-letter-president-buhari-now-sold-public-photo.html

The best way to beat buhari hands down is to choose a young and vibrant youth below 50years and source for a knowledgeable and respected economist with good pedigree who is a female to be his vice.,then the rest will be history. The female will pull more crowd(women).since market women are mostly convinced to vote. Let's give our female opportunity. They might be the solution. Just making a common sense.
Join the coalition of Nigeria movement(CN) today.The party only entertains youth of our generation. Enough is enough with people that wasted their generation and still want to waste ours.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by 3kay945(m): 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2018
rickyrex:
That letter should be recommended by nuc to be use by all history or political science students as part of their first year course.

Political science students will surely use it....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lucky Obire: How Kenneth Gbagi Brutalized Me In 2019 - Ex Staff / Coronavirus: What Abba Kyari Did In The Last 10 Days / See How This Nigerian Family Are Preparing For Elections (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.