Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,535 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) (70649 Views)

How Buhari Sold Nigeria To The Chinese / Obasanjo’s Letter To President Buhari (Full Text Of The 13-paged Letter) / Fayose And His Vintage Car Spotted In Abuja Traffic. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by oputa1: 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2018
Evablizin:
shockedshocked

Your post would have been more meaningful without you trying to rubbish Jesus Christ. SHM SHM AND SHM.
May God have mercy on him

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by bedspread: 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2018
datribune:

Sharrap there!.
Go & read about what is happening in countries like Venezuela who behaved d way Nigeria did under GEJ refusing to save for d rainy day & diversifying d economy & u will realize dat despite d hand dat he was dealt, Buhari has fared well.
This man, Buhari & his govt through d wonderful work being done by Sharon Ikeazor at PTAD Nigeria has changed my family's fortune by paying pensions, as & at when due, & even arrears frm previous govts who were there when d economy was booming but will not pay pensions.
PMB has taken back Nigerian territory frm terrorists who wanted to set up their caliphate on Nigerian land.
Just as Nnamdi Kanu was issuing threats all over d place & they said PMB could not handle d situation, those who are saying he lacks d capacity & will to deal with d marauding herdsmen will be put to shame when they are finally defeated. This is a complex nation.
Did i hear you mention Obasanjo and "sheer sincerity" in d same sentence?. SMH, you don't know Baba Iyabo.
keep Decieving yourself and your Family.....
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by SoaringLife01: 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2018
OBJ is not a saint either.I once read a book about the civil war and the way he treated those under him was not that palatable.
A Nigerian artiste sang " Nigeria jaga jaga" during his regime and Africa China also aired his view too during OBJ tenure.
PDP really messed up this country since inception from 1999.
APC could not be the saviour.Why? Because the average mentality of a Nigeria is skewed.Patriotism has long crashed into the Bermuda Triangle.It is all about tribalism,corruption,nepotism.
Nigeria is a 'shithole' because there is no system in place and no regulation.Every thing is going 'jagajagaly'.It is not about the party,but the people.Nigerians are just too wicked towards one another and to the country as a whole.
How can a legislator loot money meant for his constituency projects?How many lawmakers are really executing projects with total project cost say up to 80% of the allocation given to them?They prefer to use 10% ,share 20% and loot the remaining 70%.
We once heard how leaders in the South South incite violence so they can receive security allocation to quell the crisis.
How are we not sure that some cabals in the political arena and military are feeding fat from the Boko Haram crisis.
OBJ has no moral right to write that open letter.He would not have fared better if he is in the helms of affair.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by 3kay945(m): 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2018
CSTR2:

You are a compete charlatan and a sycophant. A buhari worshipper and nothing more.

The Nigerian presidsency is not the most difficult job in the world. It is actually pretty easy given the low expectation threshold of the masses.
There are nations even first world ones with far more compex issues and a more ravenous populace.

The problem is that you like your fellow charlatans keep electing numbskulls. Animals with IQ teteering on the negative index.

You on another thread said igbos will never smell aso-rock like a fake prophet because we will never support buhari,and yet you complain that no president can save Nigeria.

You are not well at all.

grin
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by 3kay945(m): 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
datribune:

Sharrap there!.
Go & read about what is happening in countries like Venezuela who behaved d way Nigeria did under GEJ refusing to save for d rainy day & diversifying d economy & u will realize dat despite d hand dat he was dealt, Buhari has fared well.
This man, Buhari & his govt through d wonderful work being done by Sharon Ikeazor at PTAD Nigeria has changed my family's fortune by paying pensions, as & at when due, & even arrears frm previous govts who were there when d economy was booming but will not pay pensions.
PMB has taken back Nigerian territory frm terrorists who wanted to set up their caliphate on Nigerian land.
Just as Nnamdi Kanu was issuing threats all over d place & they said PMB could not handle d situation, those who are saying he lacks d capacity & will to deal with d marauding herdsmen will be put to shame when they are finally defeated. This is a complex nation.
Did i hear you mention Obasanjo and "sheer sincerity" in d same sentence?. SMH, you don't know Baba Iyabo.

Did you say Buhari fared well because he paid your family pension

So Buhari didn't know Nigeria is a complex nation when he was being a con artist few years ago as if he has a magic wand.
The man is a colossal failure.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by brookz: 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2018
Papa Iyabo is been too Selfish. he doesn't want PMB to contest for 2nd term so that he (OBJ) will keep the record for now as the Longest Serving President in the history of our infant Democracy from 1999-date.

Weda he likes it or not, President Buhari will Re-contest in 2019 and probably go for a 3rd term.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mceze(m): 11:34pm On Jan 24, 2018
Bluffly:

Do you know that you just blasphemed
Keep quiet my friend..That guy spoke the gospel truth!
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mceze(m): 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2018
Daguccizgreat:
This guy is just foolish and naive
You are the foolish person here.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mceze(m): 11:43pm On Jan 24, 2018
AnanseK:
Before you Stone Buhari,please read this!

Obasanjo as Nigeria's moral compass

Simon Kolawole Live | THISDAY | 18 January 2015

For the life of me, I will never understand how former President Olusegun Obasanjo does it. When you think he is done, he has just begun. I have watched in utter amusement how he has, yet again, wangled his way into the front page of newspapers on a daily basis. I don’t know of any other former head of state elsewhere who has turned himself into the subject and object of national attention long after he has left power. Obasanjo is always there, always scheming, always screaming. It is his luck, I must say, but, as a mere mortal, I often wonder why some guys have all the luck.

Obasanjo, amazingly, has become a god or a saint to many Nigerians. Many politicians, commentators, journalists, activists and youths who used to criticise him are now celebrating him as our moral compass. The people he has brutalised before — such as Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and Rt. Hon. Rotimi Amaechi — go to Abeokuta to genuflect to him. Even Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, of all people, goes to Obasanjo's house to pay homage. And President Goodluck Jonathan goes to Abeokuta to kowtow to him, with two respected pastors in tow.

How does Obasanjo do it? Can anyone help me out? He has a word on every issue. He expresses his opinion so forcefully, so eloquently and so mischievously that you just cannot ignore him. He loves to criticise what he is patently guilty of. He loves to vilify anyone who does not worship at his temple. There is no accusation Obasanjo throws at anyone that he himself is not double guilty of. He has launched ferocious media attacks against most of his successors — President Shehu Shagari, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua and Jonathan. Only Gen. Sani Abacha pre-empted him by throwing him into jail before he could open his mouth.

Obasanjo complains about corruption and Nigerians hail him. What's his moral high ground? Can someone tell me? Has anybody never heard about the Halliburton and Siemens scandals? The damning reports are there in the attorney-general's office. Does the name Dr. Julius Makanjuola ring a bell? Under Obasanjo, he was the permanent secretary of the ministry of defence implicated in a N421 million scandal. Mysteriously, the case was abruptly closed with Nolle Prosequi (no further prosecution) — the first in Nigeria's history.

Well, Obasanjo went on to set up the anti-graft agency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), headed by Malam Nuhu Ribadu, which — in fairness — did kick the backsides of many politicians. But EFCC could not tackle Obasanjo's own corruption: from the obscene fundraiser for his private library to his shareholding in Transcorp — a company that was getting juicy stuff from a government superintended by Obasanjo. Have we all forgotten the scandalous waivers granted to all kinds of human beings, officially defrauding our treasury billions of dollars?

Does anybody remember that Obasanjo was in power for eight years and we kept importing fuel, with PDP financiers getting the contracts through local and foreign fronts? Forgotten so easily? Does anybody remember how much we spent on repairing refineries that kept "knocking" for the eight years that Obasanjo was in power? Does anybody still remember Obasanjo saying on national TV that he did not know the price of kerosene and it was "unacceptable" that it was more expensive than petrol? How does Obasanjo get away with hoodwinking Nigerians?

Do we still remember that Obasanjo did not resolve the electricity problem for eight years? Do we still remember the "$16 billion spent on power without results" for which Obasanjo arrogantly refused to appear before the House probe panel? Is it that we have forgotten that the damning report was killed? Do we still remember that Obasanjo did not add one coach to the railways throughout his tenure despite spending billions of dollars? Does anybody still remember how many federal highways were in terrible state for the eight years that Obasanjo spent in power? Have we forgotten the Benin-Shagamu road saga? Just like that?

When Obasanjo discusses insecurity, I cringe. From every available evidence, Boko Haram started right under his nose. If he had aborted the foetus, maybe we wouldn't be engaged in fire-fighting today. I have heard many Nigerians say, perhaps innocently, that if Obasanjo had been in power he would have crushed Boko Haram by now. Really? How well did he crush the less complex militancy in the Niger Delta? Was it not under Obasanjo that the militancy started in 2004 and flourished?

To the best of my knowledge, militants were bombing oil installations and kidnapping oil workers with ease under Obasanjo. At a stage, daily crude oil production fell to about 900,000 barrels — from the height of 2.5m. In fact, we were later told that why Obasanjo picked Jonathan as the running mate to Yar'Adua was to appease the Niger Delta. Of course, nobody was appeased. The attacks continued until Yar'Adau offered an amnesty deal. How these facts conveniently escape us is beyond my understanding.

Insecurity? Abacha's regime aside, more Nigerians were assassinated under Obasanjo's watch than at any time in our history. The abridged roll-call: Chief Bola Ige, a serving minister; Chief Marshall Harry, co-ordinator of the Buhari presidential campaign in 2003; Chief AK Dikibo, PDP chieftain and ally of former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar; Chief Uche Ogbonnaya (OGB), an ANPP senatorial candidate in Imo state in 2003; and Mr. Barnabas Igwe and his wife, Amaka, in Onitsha. The assassins were never unmasked. What is insecurity?

How did Obasanjo become our moral compass? How did he become such a highly sought-after role model? Has anybody ever managed to read the affidavit Obasanjo's own son, Gbenga, filed while seeking a divorce from his wife on the ground of incest and adultery? It doesn't matter? Has anybody ever taken time to read the letter Iyabo wrote to her father, giving graphic details of his megalomania and duplicity? It doesn't matter? Has anybody ever done a recap of the blatant rigging of elections under the "saint"? It doesn't matter?

Obasanjo pontificates on impunity and we hail him. What happened to us? Dr. Chris Ngige, as governor of Anambra state, was abducted by Obasanjo's associates. Have we forgotten the illegal impeachment of Alhaji Rashidi Ladoja as governor of Oyo state? What about the impeachment of Chief Joshua Dariye as governor of Plateau by eight out of 24 lawmakers? For three years, Obasanjo unconstitutionally withheld Lagos council allocations because of political differences. It took Yar'Adua only a few days in power to undo the impunity.

They say, 'Oh, Obasanjo is a patriot. He has the best interest of Nigeria at heart.' Really? Can Obasanjo look up to heavens and say, solemnly, that he had the best interest of Nigeria at heart when he was picking his successor? Such a character cannot be my own moral compass. With a moral compass like Obasanjo, though, Nigeria is doomed and damned.

Go and sit down jare! Buhari is a failure!
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mceze(m): 11:51pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

I am in the land where Jesus Christ was born. I am currently in Tel Aviv.

Travel my friend, travel and see the world. Nobody except ignorant African villagers give a toss about Mr Jesus....Reason your pastors are fucking your wife, sister, daughter and mother at the same time while you are paying your tithe and wondering why nothing changes in your life.
Thank you my brother..No mind all these mumus wey dey worship imaginary characters..
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mceze(m): 11:56pm On Jan 24, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Travel my friend, ask your friends or relatives in Europe, Japan, Korea, Canada, USA etc.

The PEOPLE are responsible for the state of their country.

I did not see Buhari hoarding petrol in his house in Daura? Even GEJ knew nothing about the colossal amount of money stolen under his watch...Buhari did not import fake drugs in to the country. He did not take bribe at the border, or refuse to remit government money to the federation account. He did not go to the 36 states and local governments across the country to steal the allocations meant for the development and welfare of the people.

These are vices done by Nigerian people in various leadership positions. The PASTORS are not left out, VC of universities steal and pilage, medical directors of large hospitals steal and pillage money meant for our common health care, the list of horror goes on.....

In sane countries, the average citizens and those in position of responsibilities do not behave this way.

It is OUR fucking fault.

I like people like you who speaks the truth..Wouldn't mind having you as a friend!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mceze(m): 11:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
terrezo2002:

How could you you bring Jesus Christ into this matter? You have got no respect for Him. Did you not read in the Bible when Jesus Christ will come and rule. That in His kingdom there shall be righteousness and peace
Fairy tales..Tell us something else! Jesus no no say we go suffer under Buhari wey him allow am be president?
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mceze(m): 12:01am On Jan 25, 2018
bezimo:

Something must be wrong with your small brain to assume I don't travel..I have been to more countries in the West than you have been..or possibly you travel to tel Aviv is your first possible international trip that's if you are not a liar.

I have lived in the West From Europe to North America and speak as one with first hand experience of presently living there.

So i strongly disagree with your position..it is not the citizens fault..it is the failing useless govt fault because of their corrruption, nepotism, greed and zero regard for the rule of law and human life.

Please dont yarn nonsense by include pastors because pastors are not voted and as such are not accountable to anybody except the God that called them to be pastors..Is it Pastors that will come and run the govt, is it them that will create an encouraging and enabling environment to promote industrial development...is them that should send soldiers to arrest the herdsmen killing people up and down..is it them that will build roads, is it them that will give direction to the parastatals of govt on how to be productive.Abeg stop yarning rubish nonsense.

Who appointed the VCs and the looting medical directors..is not the useless federal govt who install thieves with zero intergrity to run this systems because that is who they are and you are here yarning rubbish.the bulk of the blame stop at an incompetent and useles president.. that is all the opposite of what obtain in the West.

Your points are valid..
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by able20(m): 12:13am On Jan 25, 2018
The name Buhari is now a taboo in Nigeria today, you're free to change your name if your name is Buhari
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by suremanpatriot: 12:17am On Jan 25, 2018
Most ignorant Nigerians are terrible,they forget how this man almost ruined this country with billions of dollars spent on power and no power,then he had Mugabe's ambition to perpetrate himself as life president of enslavement. Now that God rescued Nigerians Fr him,they are busy instigatin him for nonsensical missive to Pmb. His is far worse than pmb. Rubbish ppl,yeye things who cannot use history to work better undecided
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by piagetskinner(m): 12:37am On Jan 25, 2018
we expect angels yo to rule us when we aren't willing to change from our corrupt ways

change begins with me as an individual
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 25, 2018
Chai brother, God bless you heavily for this; God bless you, you just spilled it out the way it is.
It's surprising Nigerians cannot see this, it really surprises me.
Like u tightly said, even if God is to rule us himself with Jesus as his vice, they will still fail. Not a place like Nigeria
ChidiAlaigbo:

Blind people of Nigeria can't you see that we, the people are the problem.

Even Jesus Christ will FAIL if he became president of Nigerians

Lawless, cheating, dishonest, corrupt, two-faced, hustler, unproductive, over sexualised, immoral, liars. That's the lot of you Nigerians.

How can this set of people expect angels to come amongst them into leadership positions. The Senate president, the legislators, governors, what are they? crooks!,,, A country of crooks looking for a saint to rule them....U go look tire!

Who else after BUHARI.........And those idiots from the east are shouting articulation all over the place.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 25, 2018
Evablizin:
shockedshocked

Your post would have been more meaningful without you trying to rubbish Jesus Christ. SHM SHM AND SHM.
you are no sensible at all..
U don't have brain.
How did his post rubbish Jesus Christ, all you vainful religious bigots, bereft of basic ingredients of life, masquerading your poor and decadent values behind needless piousness
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Evablizin(f): 5:46am On Jan 25, 2018
TheTrueApostle:

you are no sensible at all..
U don't have brain.
How did his post rubbish Jesus Christ, all you vainful religious bigots, bereft of basic ingredients of life, masquerading your poor and decadent values behind needless piousness
will you keep quiet and swerve.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by suny247: 6:06am On Jan 25, 2018
God punish you. buhari fail because he refuse to die has you planned so that your brother yemi osinbajo would have taken over.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by suny247: 6:24am On Jan 25, 2018
OBASANJO YOU ARE THE ONE THE ONE THAT FAILED. Obasanjo Obasanjo Obasanjo, when will you stop your wickedness? to be sincere you (Obasanjo) are the one puting us into this sufering, you are the one who has failed. you brought in buhari thinking that he was going to die like you did to yar'adua. your believe was that Osinbajo will take over after his death, but since baba dodge all the trapps you ve been setting for him you are calling him a failure. OBASANJO YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FAILURE.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by terrezo2002(m): 6:25am On Jan 25, 2018
mceze:

Fairy tales..Tell us something else! Jesus no no say we go suffer under Buhari wey him allow am be president?
What am I saying and what are you saying
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by SouthEastFacts: 6:31am On Jan 25, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Lawless, cheating, dishonest, corrupt, two-faced, hustler, unproductive, over sexualised, immoral, liars. That's the lot of you Nigerians.

How can this set of people expect angels to come amongst them into leadership positions. The Senate president, the legislators, governors, what are they? crooks!,,, A country of crooks looking for a saint to rule them....U go look tire!

Who else after BUHARI.........And those idiots from the east are shouting articulation all over the place.
Use your head next time.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by obaaderemi: 7:30am On Jan 25, 2018
ChidiAlaigbo:

Nigerians are not looking for saints to lead them. They just want leaders who will at least keep some of their promises. And when it comes to making and breaking promises, this present government is number one. That's what people are saying here.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by agarawu23(m): 7:46am On Jan 25, 2018
dplordx:
Buhari, GEJ, UMYA, OBJ...
The only thing these men have in common is they are all total disappointment. I can't even tell any difference between all four. And now it seems another bigger disappointment called Atiku is warming up to waste another four years of Nigerians. Oh my country.
UMYA? shocked You are a joker who knows nothing about politics. Remove that innocent man. sad

As for Atiku, he will only waste time and money embarassed he is going nowhere.
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by ogbiwa: 8:01am On Jan 25, 2018
Evablizin:
shockedshocked

I concur

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by datribune: 8:39am On Jan 25, 2018
3kay945:

Did you say Buhari fared well because he paid your family pension

So Buhari didn't know Nigeria is a complex nation when he was being a con artist few years ago as if he has a magic wand.
The man is a colossal failure.

Mumu, e be like say you lack comprehension. So of all dat I wrote it was only d pension thing u can pick out. PMB will win a resounding victory in 2019. You can take it to d bank. Elections are not won on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by datribune: 8:44am On Jan 25, 2018
greiboy:

@bloded

Educate me, his is payment of the debt not prudent

>First of all, he wasn't the one who borrowed the money,

> secondly if he didn't pay the debt, Nigeria will have continued to service the debt with our scarce resources. E.g. take a look at what is happening in osun today, Nigeria's own will have been worst

2) The operation feed the nation which led to otta farms was a tactical economic development. At least, he didn't steal huge amount of money and stack it a swiz bank accounts like some of his mates.

For the record, the incorruptible Neyere's policy left Tanzania as one of the poorest nation in Africa, it only started getting back on his feet after his death.

3) So now it is only shagari election you can contest.. it is funny how Nigerians tag election as rigged when election results doesn't go according to plan

4) Obj economic achievements in government

>improving the Nigerian foreign reserves from 9bn dollars in 1999 to 43bn in 2003

>payment of about 18bn dollars debt

> successfully deregulating the Phone sector

> completing the port refinery in 1979

And so on

1) Every kobo was needed to curb d problems & alleviate quality of life here at home.
OBJ's transfer of monumental wealth frm a poor country like Nigeria to d developed nations contradict prudent financial judgment & rudimentary economics of d ills of capital flight in a developing nation like Nigeria.

Secondly, Nigeria has a good record of servicing & meeting its debt obligations, & has always paid its debts. d last thing we needed was enormous capital flight.

2) Ota farm had nothing to do wit operation feed d nation. Operation feed d nation was a clarion call on all citizens to engage in Farming.
OBJ procured Ota farm only after he left office & decided to go into farming, of course courtesy of d loot frm our national treasury.
BTW, i hope u ar not suggesting that it's okay for him to loot as long as he invests it in Nigeria.

Unlike OBJ, Nyerere was incorruptible. We are not debating his socialist policy of one man, one plot but his incorruptibility which was clear for all to see.

3) Maybe I didn't clarify well, my intention was never to contest those other elections. My write up was to chronicle d important part he played in d emergence of those characters. I'm not in d category of those who see elections as "do or die".

4) Did d monies saved improve d situation of d Nigerian people in an era when OBJ was telling us to tighten our belts as govt has no business in virtually everything, but kept selling our national assets while enriching himself?. OBJ who has no political base of support will be demystified in 2019.

Completing a refinery in an era when crude oil was referred to as "black gold" is hardly an achievement. In the 2nd national development plan, Gowon before him had this to say about Nigeria - "Money is not the problem but how to spend it".

Deregulating d phone sector is no achievement. Where are d proceeds from d sale of licenses. Multinationals were falling over themselves to pay for licenses to operate in Nigeria. If only he had invested d proceeds frm d licences into providing stable power, d cost of phone services would hav been cheaper. He didn't. d proceeds frm sale of licences, like d proceeds frm privatisation remains unaccounted for.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Bluffly: 9:32am On Jan 25, 2018
mceze:

Keep quiet my friend..That guy spoke the gospel truth!
So saying even "Jesus Christ will Fail" is okay. Make yourself comfortable
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 25, 2018
datribune:

1) Every kobo was needed to curb d problems & alleviate quality of life here at home.
OBJ's transfer of monumental wealth frm a poor country like Nigeria to d developed nations contradict prudent financial judgment & rudimentary economics of d ills of capital flight in a developing nation like Nigeria.

Secondly, Nigeria has a good record of servicing & meeting its debt obligations, & has always paid its debts. d last thing we needed was enormous capital flight.

2) Ota farm had nothing to do wit operation feed d nation. Operation feed d nation was a clarion call on all citizens to engage in Farming.
OBJ procured Ota farm only after he left office & decided to go into farming, of course courtesy of d loot frm our national treasury.
BTW, i hope u ar not suggesting that it's okay for him to loot as long as he invests it in Nigeria.

Unlike OBJ, Nyerere was incorruptible. We are not debating his socialist policy of one man, one plot but his incorruptibility which was clear for all to see.

3) Maybe I didn't clarify well, my intention was never to contest those other elections. My write up was to chronicle d important part he played in d emergence of those characters. I'm not in d category of those who see elections as "do or die".

4) Did d monies saved improve d situation of d Nigerian people in an era when OBJ was telling us to tighten our belts as govt has no business in virtually everything, but kept selling our national assets while enriching himself?. OBJ who has no political base of support will be demystified in 2019.

Completing a refinery in an era when crude oil was referred to as "black gold" is hardly an achievement. In the 2nd national development plan, Gowon before him had this to say about Nigeria - "Money is not the problem but how to spend it".

Deregulating d phone sector is no achievement. Where are d proceeds from d sale of licenses. Multinationals were falling over themselves to pay for licenses to operate in Nigeria. If only he had invested d proceeds frm d licences into providing stable power, d cost of phone services would hav been cheaper. He didn't. d proceeds frm sale of licences, like d proceeds frm privatisation remains unaccounted for.

Bro I am sorry but you aren't making sense anymore

1) Bro sorry, but do you know about economics?

Are you saying obj did the wrong thing by paying our debts? Do you know international lenders could dictate a countries fiscal and monetary policy? Why did you think the naira started depreciating in the first place? How on earth do you classify payments of 18bn dollars as terrible economic policy. He met 9bn in the foreign reserve and left 48bn dollars

2) Do you know what operation feed the nation was all about? Do you know who started it ? Do you know when obj farm started?

Even till around 2008, some of the products from otta farm still carried the OFN logo

I asked you to compare obj to other military men of his era, since you are hell bent at tagging obj the worst Nigerian president ever

You brought Neyere into the conversation not me, At least, you agreed that his terrible policies took Tanzania backwards not forward, despite his incorruptible nature smiley

3) Let me make my self clear, obasanjo can not be held responsible for the administration of others as he didn't appointed them, but Nigerians choose them through the ballot box. Hence, I told you to tell me better alternatives to the " terrible characters" that should have won the elections instead of them.

4) You are being ridiculous

Obj sold our assets to companies that were capable of running the affairs of those corporations. He sold them because the corporations were institutions for thriving corrupt practices.

The privatization and deregulation of institutions like nitel allowed the much needed competition and also allowed the creation of wealth and employment opportunities for millions of Nigerians.
it also encouraged foreign direct investment worth billion of dollars into Nigeria.

if privatization was so easy, the poor electricity situation will have been resolved long ago. smiley

If refinery was so easy to build, why didn't every administration in that oil boom era build one. cheesy

If you have any personal beef with obj please you can make it known, but don't try to tarnish his image with lies

Bye I am done with yousmiley

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by mceze(m): 10:31am On Jan 25, 2018
Bluffly:

So saying even "Jesus Christ will Fail" is okay. Make yourself comfortable

In English, that expression is what is been referred to as figure of speech..He did not actually mean that Jesus will be the person in the picture or He is a failure per se..
Re: Obasanjo's Letter To President Buhari Sold In Traffic (Photo) by Justeenaleo(f): 10:32am On Jan 25, 2018
Please who has a link to the letter o. I have been off the internet oo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: What Abba Kyari Did In The Last 10 Days / Alaafin Of Oyo & His Wives Cause A Stir At Abuja Airport (photos) / See How This Nigerian Family Are Preparing For Elections (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.