Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

My Man Won't Commit - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Man Won't Commit (5049 Views)

I Was Not Honest About my age And Now My Man Wont Forgive Me / I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / My Man’s Dad Smacked My Bum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Man Won't Commit by DEKING3(m): 9:02am On Jan 12, 2006
@babycakes, "Men don't have biological clocks!!!"

What do you mean?
Re: My Man Won't Commit by BabyCakes(f): 12:12am On Jan 15, 2006
You must agree that women age faster than men! a woman of 35 and a man of 35 are not on the same level. No woman wants a man to lead her on for a long period and then tell her, he is not ready! Thats what i mean by biological clocks! Men dont get to experience menopause!!! angry
Re: My Man Won't Commit by dejiolowe: 12:24am On Jan 16, 2006
my brother was telling me that women without kids reach menopause faster because they lose more eggs. pregnant women don't ovulate so they save their eggs for longer period.

more reason why women shouldn't waste their lives
Re: My Man Won't Commit by DEKING3(m): 12:36pm On Jan 16, 2006
Now I get your point babycakes and I think I agree with you. rolleyes
Re: My Man Won't Commit by smartsoft(m): 5:52am On Jan 20, 2006
Same here
Re: My Man Won't Commit by eveseh(f): 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2006
DE-KING:

Now I get your point babycakes and I think I agree with you. rolleyes

wink wink
Re: My Man Won't Commit by lunafish(f): 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2006
He's trying to ease his way back into your life like the snake he is.
Don't let him back in; by doing so you are telling him that you tolerate this shitty, infantile behaviour and are giving him a free pass to have all the benefits of a relationship without the commitment.

I understand that you were together for a long time but if you weren't even living together then it's not worth it. Wait for the man who is a TTP (Total Package) He'll give you commitment and all the other components of a great relationships.
Girl, you don't want no scrubs.
Re: My Man Won't Commit by alabiyemmy(m): 1:41am On Jan 01, 2007
You all talk as if the man may not have his own reasons!
Re: My Man Won't Commit by OgaMadam(f): 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2007
How did you manage to stay so patient!!!!!!!!!! 6 years!!! undecided undecided

1 - 2 years tops is enuff for me. if he wont deliver then, please take a hike.

And ya, dont take him back. I once heard men have so much power in them that when they want something they really go and get it. If he didnt come to get you, he just wasnt that into you.

Fold up and move on properly.
Re: My Man Won't Commit by boladonas(m): 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2007
alabiyemmy:

You all talk as if the man may not have his own reasons!

Cool talk
if the man wont commit,
then u ve got 2 commit him
allow him to do and then tell him u re pregnant
u ll know his real motive
if u saddle him with an unexpectedpregnancy after 6yrs
Re: My Man Won't Commit by funlad(f): 11:29am On Apr 06, 2009
going into another relationship might not be the best right now, why not take time off relationships/men for now, you've been thru a lot dear, after 6years, dont u think you need to study urself and to know what you trully want in your next relationhip, keep yourself busy by going to the movie/gym and get more closer to God if you are a christian. then you can now decide
Re: My Man Won't Commit by topup: 3:42am On Apr 07, 2009
It seems to me that you are 'doing' relationships with your mind and not considering what your heart wants. I read on this forum a while ago from iice that you should try and make sure you've covered all options before walking away from a relationship, so if it ever rears its ugly face, you are sure you've made the right decision, and won't want to go back.

On the other hand, you did spend 6 years of your life with this guy and the memories are probably resurging. With what intentions did you leave him for this new guy?? Are you only thinking about marriage - it's such a serious issue, you really shouldn't be with someone just because you want to get married and they are heading in that direction. Consider all the other compatibility issues, like personalities and vitality in the relationship.

It's perfectly normal to feel confused when an ex resurfaces, it reassures you and starts making you think, what you two had was so strong and everlasting that he's back, but in all honesty, you're just making his actions fit your story. Don't worry yourself too much, this is where I would advise you to really take a step back and try and think about whether the ex is genuine, whether he is worth losing what you have with this guy, and whether you are willing to risk being heart broken again just to try things out again.

The decision is yours and ultimately you may choose to stay with your current boyfriend or go back to him, I think it's all a learning curve, and unless you do what you want or what your heart wants, you may always have doubts 'what would have happened if I, '

All the best, take each stride with a dose of wisdom.

Peace.
Re: My Man Won't Commit by topup: 3:42am On Apr 07, 2009
funlad:

going into another relationship might not be the best right now, why not take time off relationships/men for now, you've been thru a lot dear, after 6years, dont u think you need to study urself and to know what you trully want in your next relationhip, keep yourself busy by going to the movie/gym and get more closer to God if you are a christian. then you can now decide

I agree!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Has A Girlfriend, But I Like Him, Is It Too Late? When Is It Too Late? / The More Independent A Woman Becomes, The More Difficult It Is To Find A Husband / Annoying Things People Do On BBM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.