Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals (2434 Views)

Ortom Reveals How Pastor Adeboye Stopped Him From Quitting Second Term Race / If Benue Votes Buhari / Ohaneze: We’ll Vote Against Atiku, PDP If…… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 10, 2018
Benue state governor, Samuel Ortom, yesterday said that he will defect from APC to PDP or any other political party if his people so wish. Ortom said this yesterday when he received Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose who paid him a condolence visit over the killing of 78 persons by suspected herdsmen in January. Governor Fayose in his speech, called on Governor Ortom to leave APC and move over to PDP where he will be well catered for. He accused the Buhari-led government and the APC of neglecting one of their own states.

In his response, Governor Ortom said he will defect to anyother party if his people so wish him to.

”I am a member of the APC but I cannot keep quiet when my people are being annihilated, I will not accept that because I cannot be Governor over dead people. I’m not a dead man either. The responsibility of enforcing the law is that of the federal government. That is why I have joined the voices calling for the restructuring of the country. Because we cannot have an IGP who is the mouthpiece of Miyetti Allah. And we cannot have a minister who should be protecting the territorial integrity of this country coming out to say it is foreigners that are responsible for the killings. We cannot have a security architecture that is not ready to protect lives and property. That allow herdsmen carry guns and displaying it openly.

Today herdsmen have also taken over kidnapping in the country from North to South because they have guns and are being protected by the IGP and when you talk they start calling you names. I must send a message that Samuel Ortom is not a drowning man. I was a nobody but God lifted me to several important position in life, so I know where I’m coming from, I’m not a drowning man. I dropped out of school in 1979 but I hold a Doctorate Degree today.

After passing through several leadership positions in this country today I am a Governor and I’m doing my job. Now it is clear that our country must be restructured for the tenets of rule of law to be respected. Any herdsmen that is not comfortable with the grazing law should go to Kano where the Governor has requested that they come. Today because of the activities of herdsmen in Benue state over 60,000 of our children can no longer go to school and are residing in seven IDPs camps across the state. They have truncated the education of our children. It very painful.

To compound the problem the crisis in Cameroon has spilled to Kwande and we have opened two camps where 7,000 persons are being housed, so on the whole we have nine IDPs camps in Benue state. After the killings of the 73 people the killings are still continuing almost on a daily basis and more people are coming into the IDPs camps. “Though I read that Mr. President has approved the deployment of the military, I thank the President though I have not been communicated officially but I hope it will help in restoring peace and normally.

Regrettably his directive to the IGP to relocate to Benue was not obeyed and he also failed to do his job. We are calling for his resignation. Such people cannot work for Mr. President he needs better people to assist him including the Minister of Defence. These are bear footed people who have nothing to offer. I commend the National Assembly for rejecting the biased report of the IGP which portrayed him as the mouthpiece of Miyetti. I am a member of the APC and about the issue of joining another vehicle, Benue people are here and they are hearing you. I cannot decide for Benue people, the people will decide, it is what they want that I will want. Anything Benue people say I should do, I will do.” he said

1 Like

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nwodosis(m): 7:40am On Feb 10, 2018
grin Add stew before I comment
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by madridguy(m): 7:42am On Feb 10, 2018
Ok
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by okosodo: 7:44am On Feb 10, 2018
PDP is not even a party again
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Skyfornia(m): 7:47am On Feb 10, 2018
It's not about APC or PDP..all of them are bunch of cows. That is why Nigeria is a zoo...Animal kingdom!

1 Like

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by holysina(m): 7:47am On Feb 10, 2018
That's touching. May peace be restored in benue

2 Likes

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 10, 2018
showing a man of his people ba

benue people want you to pay their salary, why not do that?
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 10, 2018
Skyfornia:
It's not about APC or PDP..all of them are bunch of cows. That is why Nigeria is a zoo...Animal kingdom!
u da vex ooo
u forget say u d part of the Nigeria?
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 10, 2018
onuhabel1:
Benue state governor, Samuel Ortom, yesterday said that he will defect from APC to PDP or any other political party if his people so wish. Ortom said this yesterday when he received Ekiti state governor, Ayo Fayose who paid him a condolence visit over the killing of 78 persons by suspected herdsmen in January. Governor Fayose in his speech, called on Governor Ortom to leave APC and move over to PDP where he will be well catered for. He accused the Buhari-led government and the APC of neglecting one of their own states.

In his response, Governor Ortom said he will defect to anyother party if his people so wish him to.

”I am a member of the APC but I cannot keep quiet when my people are being annihilated, I will not accept that because I cannot be Governor over dead people. I’m not a dead man either. The responsibility of enforcing the law is that of the federal government. That is why I have joined the voices calling for the restructuring of the country. Because we cannot have an IGP who is the mouthpiece of Miyetti Allah. And we cannot have a minister who should be protecting the territorial integrity of this country coming out to say it is foreigners that are responsible for the killings. We cannot have a security architecture that is not ready to protect lives and property. That allow herdsmen carry guns and displaying it openly.

Today herdsmen have also taken over kidnapping in the country from North to South because they have guns and are being protected by the IGP and when you talk they start calling you names. I must send a message that Samuel Ortom is not a drowning man. I was a nobody but God lifted me to several important position in life, so I know where I’m coming from, I’m not a drowning man. I dropped out of school in 1979 but I hold a Doctorate Degree today.

After passing through several leadership positions in this country today I am a Governor and I’m doing my job. Now it is clear that our country must be restructured for the tenets of rule of law to be respected. Any herdsmen that is not comfortable with the grazing law should go to Kano where the Governor has requested that they come. Today because of the activities of herdsmen in Benue state over 60,000 of our children can no longer go to school and are residing in seven IDPs camps across the state. They have truncated the education of our children. It very painful.

To compound the problem the crisis in Cameroon has spilled to Kwande and we have opened two camps where 7,000 persons are being housed, so on the whole we have nine IDPs camps in Benue state. After the killings of the 73 people the killings are still continuing almost on a daily basis and more people are coming into the IDPs camps. “Though I read that Mr. President has approved the deployment of the military, I thank the President though I have not been communicated officially but I hope it will help in restoring peace and normally.

Regrettably his directive to the IGP to relocate to Benue was not obeyed and he also failed to do his job. We are calling for his resignation. Such people cannot work for Mr. President he needs better people to assist him including the Minister of Defence. These are bear footed people who have nothing to offer. I commend the National Assembly for rejecting the biased report of the IGP which portrayed him as the mouthpiece of Miyetti. I am a member of the APC and about the issue of joining another vehicle, Benue people are here and they are hearing you. I cannot decide for Benue people, the people will decide, it is what they want that I will want. Anything Benue people say I should do, I will do.” he said
A-P-Cheat

3 Likes

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 10, 2018
okosodo:
PDP is not even a party again
which one come be party now?
then what's the fate of #2019

1 Like

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by IkpuNnu(f): 7:58am On Feb 10, 2018
Abeg take along Yayaha Bello of Kogi State with you on your voyage to the Pigs Land...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by MossLuv: 7:58am On Feb 10, 2018
We don't want him in PDP. let him pack and leave govt house 2019. He is the worst governor since the history of Benue.

The issue herdsmen he is trying his best though. But how can a Governor who have no single project for almost 3years and can not pay workers think of second term?

3 Likes

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by muykem: 7:59am On Feb 10, 2018
IGP should have shut his mouth. I don't know how he manage to rise to that position.

4 Likes

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 10, 2018
Nwodosis:
grin Add stew before I comment
i da come mk I go buy salt
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by izombie(m): 8:00am On Feb 10, 2018
Mr ortom spare us the crap. Ask yourself this simple question. Has apc served the interest of your people so far? Again, have you served your people well so far? If the answer to these two question is NO, then just resign or don't go for second term. Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by IkpuNnu(f): 8:00am On Feb 10, 2018
onuhabel1:
showing a man of his people ba

benue people want you to pay their salary, why not do that?

The man wants to use Fulani Herdsmen crisis to win an unmerited 2nd tenure... He is really a drowning man...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Donpresh95(m): 8:01am On Feb 10, 2018
Defend yourself Benue people. This man will claim he is doing something but rather he is doing eyeservice to deceive Benue Indigenes and also playing his cards carefully not to displease Buhari. IF HE IS SERIOUS,HE WOULD HAVE ACTED LIKE EDO GOVERNOR OR FAYOSE OR EVEN ACT SWIFT AS WIKE TREATED DON WANNEY. That's how you know people that wanna work
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 10, 2018
imhotep:
A-P-Cheat
give the full meaning of the AP since C is cheat
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 10, 2018
You're there already
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by agwom(m): 8:02am On Feb 10, 2018
He want go back home
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by dlondonbadboy: 8:07am On Feb 10, 2018
Tha people wants you in PDP..You are highly welcome sir.
God bless Benue people. Affliction shal not rise again.
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 10, 2018
onuhabel1:
give the full meaning of the AP since C is cheat
Alliance of Perpetual Cheats grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 10, 2018
imhotep:
Alliance of Perpetual Cheats grin grin
lmao���

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 10, 2018
onuhabel1:
lmao���
other alternatives

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 10, 2018
IkpuNnu:
Abeg take along Yayaha Bello of Kogi State along with you on your voyage to the Pigs Land...
Kogi, Kogi, Kogi
don't really the crime the people committed that yielded these...
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 10, 2018
MossLuv:
We don't want him in PDP. let him pack and leave govt house 2019. He is the worst governor since the history of Benue.

The issue herdsmen he is trying his best though. But how can a Governor who have no single project for almost 3years and can not pay workers think of second term?
you know craving for power brought him to APC, he has gotten the power, he was a PDP before his defection in 2015

1 Like

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by AishaBuhari: 8:19am On Feb 10, 2018
IkpuNnu:
Abeg take along Yayaha Bello of Kogi State along with you on your voyage to the Pigs Land...
NgeneUkwenu, what happened to NgeneUkwenu moniker? Has it been banned?

4 Likes

Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 10, 2018
IkpuNnu:

The man wants to us Fulani Herdsmen crisis to win an unmerited 2nd tenure... He is really a drowning man...
he is trying na
just inability to pay salary is his major problem, den his slowness in tackling the herdsmen
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 10, 2018
MossLuv:

you know craving for power brought him to APC, he has gotten the power, he was a PDP before his defection in 2015
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by BiafraIShere(m): 8:29am On Feb 10, 2018
It's done and dusted, Ortom is now a PDP member, we are only waiting for the official announcement cool
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:34am On Feb 10, 2018
for saying this statement at first, the APC will plotto remove you quickly. .wtahc they will start from your state house of assembly, buy members that will try to impeach you...it will cause mayhem and a state of emergency will be declared....
Re: I'll Defect To PDP If Benue People So Wish, Ortom Reveals by IkpuNnu(f): 8:35am On Feb 10, 2018
BiafraIShere:
It's done and dusted, Ortom is now a PDP member, we are only waiting for the official announcement cool

Biafra or PDP grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Co-defendant House Invaded Today - PICS , VIDEO / Buses For Democracy : See Schedule For Free Ride From Lagos To Kano For Election / Staff Detail How Fowler Allegedly Ruined FIRS, Asks Buhari Not To Re-appoint Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.