Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI (7293 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Boy In Bayelsa Creeks After Yesterday's Polls / Deltans Organize "Enough Is Enough" For Ibori / No Going Back On Bombing Of Niger Delta Creeks-nigerian Airforce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by isimili: 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2010
This is a very embarrassing development for the judiciary. I was shocked when the Asaba bench found him guilty on all 74 counts. I thought what a shame but left him to time. Ibori supporters will see him end up like OJ simpson. I was sick to the pit of my stomach when i read in one of the dailies today that some women were protesting "stakis" against the warrant for Ibori's arrest. That is so embarrassing and i think that those women should be sorry for themselves. Since when did it become right to protect a criminal and destroy the nation? If it is indeed true that he was so greedy and silly to have stolen so much money from his own people, then why must the same people who have been robbed be protesting against his warrant? Corruption has become so endemic in our society that many people now are thankful to be given what belongs to them by the people who should be serving them but who are instead stealing from them. Well let us see how far Ibori should run before he is caught and extradited to England. If i were him i would give myself up and be extradited to England where i understand that the conditions are fantastic. I can't imagine what angry prisoners will do to him if he gets in there. Well lets see what happens. God bless Nigeria.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by isimili: 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2010
sorry folks my last post tripped off before i could review. Please forgive me i meant "found him not guilty". instead of found him guilty. He was not found guilty because he has big shots behind him. Hopefully all that will change at some point.
I pray that other people will learn from his plight. I see george Bush, clinton, blair etc enjoying time outside politics after proper service to their country but my people are always docking and diving. i agree with some of the commentators who thought that these people should be locked up for good. That may be a good warning shot to potential thieves. i could not stop laughing when i read the post where someone said he will arrest him with a slap. they deserve whatever come their way.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Ayemokhia: 2:19am On Apr 23, 2010
All this one na story them dey talk. them know where ibori dey hine but dem just dey leave am. If u want 2 c ibori now, go 2 his village 4 OGHARE 4 delta state. 3 dayz ago the youth where breaking cars causing problem with passers by in oghara cos d police wanted 2 come and arrest ibori.Make them dey fool themselves
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Nobody: 2:37am On Apr 23, 2010
They should leave ibori alone and get the big fishes.efcc dey fear former military men? Or una no de c o.b.j and the rest.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by sulad82i(m): 4:11am On Apr 23, 2010
His Jail time will be measured with a tape rule tide around the money he has stolen and the land he's hiding before he gets sentenced for the total number.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by snowdrops(m): 4:51am On Apr 23, 2010
dclokz:

They should leave ibori alone and get the big fishes.efcc dey fear former military men? Or una no de c o.b.j and the rest.
Statements like this is why Nigeria will continue to remain a 10th world country
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by newmaster(m): 5:03am On Apr 23, 2010
wowww ooo ibori is ready for efcc & co, he is untouchableble just like the rest of other looters, dead or alive hahaaaahaa, please give me a breake, our security forces can't arest just one man? shame. nigeria is a sorry state.

look at ibori in action angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry shoot & kill

Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by igboboy1(m): 9:16am On Apr 23, 2010
Abeg make dem free the guy, If OBj Is still walking, IBB and others that preceded him are free why are they witch hunting him? Yes he stole and looted the office. But what is good for the goose is good for the gander, If Ibori is good for some jail time so Is IBB and Obj and others tooo
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by diehard1: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2010
This is interesting! You could be up there today and down tomorrow. Our politicians should learn from this
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by gentlegg(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2010
igbo boy:

Abeg make dem free the guy, If OBj Is still walking, IBB and others that preceded him are free why are they witch hunting him? Yes he stole and looted the office. But what is good for the goose is good for the gander, If Ibori is good for some jail time so Is IBB and Obj and others tooo
My thoughts exactly BUT is better we prosecute one criminal out of five criminals than not prosecuting any at ll. Just my opinion
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by lizton(m): 10:03am On Apr 23, 2010
The mannar those big police ogas initially went to Oghara to arrest Ibori is questionable .
Do the police not have better ways and more proffessional way to arrest or counsel this man ?
The police are only deceiving us , Im sure Ghana-must-go has changed hands (Trust our Police) , always  looking for any slight opportuinity to have a piece of the action.
One is very sure the police must have only conselled Ibori how to escape - trust them.
They know ,even now, where he is.
With all the intelligencia training and tax payer money spent on this so called Nigerian Police, they still take Nigeria for a ride, Onovo sould be sacked if he didnt produce Ibori.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Emmacarnegie(m): 10:32am On Apr 23, 2010
An example to past,present and future politicians Nemesis will catch up with each of u 1day
I pray they(EFCC) dont do it in normal Nigerian style.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by joshO: 10:37am On Apr 23, 2010
Hilarious. Why didn't Waziri Farida do all this before now i.e. when Yar was in power grin?

She should be sacked for woeful derelection of duty for neary 4 years.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by igboboy1(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2010
gentlegg:

My thoughts exactly BUT is better we prosecute one criminal out of five criminals than not prosecuting any at ll. Just my opinion

true but selective justice aint cutting it for me, when EFCC select who they target then I feel everybod should just be free then.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by igboboy1(m): 10:47am On Apr 23, 2010
infact i am going to run for governor of delta state so i can chop oil money too ;d
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by nearest(m): 10:54am On Apr 23, 2010
This problem stated with a petition by delta elders led by E.K CLARK, its the view of many that (mine also) that this SUDDEN man hunt for IBORI is fuelled by the need to payback IBORI by CHIEF E K CLARK and other ELDERS that IBORI rubbished while he was governor. His crimes (according to those with the view expressed above) are 1 imposition of his cousin as governor, 2. Fighting against making jonathan the acting president, 3. His much rumoured ambition of becoming the vice president in 2011. In as much as its right to fight corruption, i think those fighting THE CORRUPT should be seen to be not corrupt, i'm waiting to see what will happen when Dr. jonathan leaves office, if that money laundring allegation against his wife won't be brought up.
EFCC, if you want to fight corruption do, but stop all this one sided fight against corruption. What happened to the NDDC chairman who used over N700 million naira for JUJU so as to remain in office? Or is it harlibuton, where ex-presidents, group heads of NNPC, ministers, NSA are manipulated in the scam (this has been prosecuted in the us with people committeed to prison), what happened to chief Tony Anenih, over N300 billion missing, and so on,
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Parnassuss(m): 11:30am On Apr 23, 2010
@nearest you're so right. That said, i think i quite like what is happening right now in the political field; it seems to be imploding not unlike the stock market some years ago. So if they keep this up, not everyone guilty will go to jail or get caught by the law, but a new crop of politician will take the stage, for beta or worse, i think we'll wait to see.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by mygladness: 11:47am On Apr 23, 2010
Power has changed hands, so Ibori who is one of the biggest thieves in the country should be made to face the law of the land.
When the cup of the other corruption leaders is full, they would be brought to book by another "power that be".

The stage is set for Ibori, let him come out and do the dancing.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by ifyegede(m): 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2010
until naija youth come 2 terms with the fact that they are merely been used by the rich for their own selfish interest, the better for them all. imagine ex-militants protectin the very person that stole them blind, looted our collective wealth and contributed in making them what they now are, it is really unfortunate. may d law catch up with these looters and their protectors.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by sulad82i(m): 1:22pm On Apr 23, 2010
ifyegede:

until naija youth come 2 terms with the fact that they are merely been used by the rich for their own selfish interest, the better for them all. imagine ex-militants protectin the very person that stole them blind, looted our collective wealth and contributed in making them what they now are, it is really unfortunate. may d law catch up with these looters and their protectors.

These and more have been the strategy of those politicians for a long time. Its just unfortunate that people still protect them even when it obvious that its at the same people's expense.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by BlakkBoi(m): 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2010
A BIG shame!!!!!!.

Why do we all think that this Ibori thang is a fight against corruption. C'mon, It is a political war in disguise. I am not that gullible and cannot support any government who will fight corruption with a bigger mix of political distaste.

Goodluck Jonathan, Concentrate on providing basic amenities that will better the lives of Nigerians. We need Jobs. Good roads, portable water, Electricity etc. STOP wasting our time with this vicious EFCC-IBORI nonsense. Are you kidding me?. How can you say you are fighting corruption when majority of your employees have been indicted on different corruption cases. Pls STOP! STOP!! STOP!!!.

And why did you not allow Ribadu come clear his name instead of using executive powers to scuttle the whole process and free a man that has been declared wanted by a court of competent jurisdiction even when we all know that the case against him was political. This is democracy for fk's sake, and the rule of law must be allowed to thrive in all circumstances.
What about this Joy Emordi thang? The senate still recognize her, even when the court has ruled otherwise.

YOU MAKE ME SICK GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

we should all pray for his short reign to end and let God do something new for us.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Abuse: 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2010
I bet to disagree that James Onanefe Ibori is not on the run.Just watch and see, the security expenses approved to get Ibori dead or alive would eventually be in Billions of Naira.The FG is fooling the tax payers in all ramifications.Let us wake up from our slumber!!!
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by kosovo(m): 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2010
I never knew Chief Ibori was this powerful . . . shocked OR is Jonathan just too weak . . .  Fingers crossed!
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Brightlife: 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2010
I want this man to go to jail.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by favouredjb(f): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2010
Beaf:

That is why Onovo deserves the sack. Perhaps, a few EFCC folk should go too. Everything was done with the police's usual inept "roger" methods. That man is an enemy of the state, he had 29 mobile police guarding him; yet when he was declared wanted, there had to be a motorcade of some of the countries top (and most fat bellied) policemen. What about the 29 mopols?!! shocked Could they not have done the job? How could a mere gangster slip past the upper echelon of our police and make it into the creeks?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Echidime(m): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2010
Is this a news? is it today he left office?
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by Rastamann: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2010
If he is clean why is he running? And he is not the only one, all others (like IBB, and OBJ), must be made to pay for their sins also.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by nearest(m): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2010
BlakkBoi:

A BIG shame!!!!!!.

Why do we all think that this Ibori thang is a fight against corruption. C'mon, It is a political war in disguise. I am not that gullible and cannot support any government who will fight corruption with a bigger mix of political distaste.

Goodluck Jonathan, Concentrate on providing basic amenities that will better the lives of Nigerians. We need Jobs. Good roads, portable water, Electricity etc. STOP wasting our time with this vicious EFCC-IBORI nonsense. Are you kidding me?. How can you say you are fighting corruption when majority of your employees have been indicted on different corruption cases. Pls STOP! STOP!! STOP!!!.

And why did you not allow Ribadu come clear his name instead of using executive powers to scuttle the whole process and free a man that has been declared wanted by a court of competent jurisdiction even when we all know that the case against him was political. This is democracy for fk's sake, and the rule of law must be allowed to thrive in all circumstances.
What about this Joy Emordi thang? The senate still recognize her, even when the court has ruled otherwise.

YOU MAKE ME SICK GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

we should all pray for his short reign to end and let God do something new for us.
Thats in some way what i'm saying, though they claim to be fighting corruption, the way and manner they are handling it looks political, they claim no one is above the country yet they dropped charges against ribadu.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by olorikan(f): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2010
dese politicians na ole, we need a woman 2 rule us.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by k9ine(m): 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2010
Some of us are just her talkin trash.

The EFCC will only end up beefing the popularity of Ibori.

You invite someone to appear befoe you april 24.
Days  before the date, you declare him wanted through the media. ( our usual talk-tough, uncordinated habit of public officers).
Meanwhile the EFCC appealed the decision of the Asaba High Court.(why not folow up that appeal)

The EFCC claims there were petitions by some members of the public (the, a million and one petitions against corrupt persons such as OBJ, Atiku, Peter Odili and many other Governors, ministers, agency and commisions chairmen written to the EFCC still lie in their ofice).

There is more to it than meets the eyes, than just coruption.
A similiar attack on Atiku, while Ribadu held sway, wasted government time resources, and ended up popularising Atiku ( cos it was seen to be a witch-hunt)

IF THE EFCC HAS CONCRETE EVIDENCES(S) AGAINST IBORI, ALL IT HAS TO DO, IS DO IT THOROUGHLY, ABIDE BY THE RULE OF LAW, PROSECUTE HIM, AND ONCE AND FOR ALL NAIL IBORI FOR GOOD. (JAIL TERM AND REFUND OF MONIES ALLEGEDLY STOLEN)

IF NOT WE WOULD ALL BE ALIVE TO WITNESS HE WALKS A FREE AND POPULAR MAN AND POLITICIAN
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by kirkmikel: 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2010
Corruption in Nigeria has taken a new dimension, after stealing so much money you can raise an army of militants and kidnappers as your security and when the law stretches its hands you resist arrest with force and firepower, all hail NIGERIA. What dis means is that Ibori is above the law, Ibori is the biggest sponsor of militancy in Nigeria and those who have associated with him or are his associates can not be viewed differently. NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE . Nairalanders please pardon me if I appear incoherent it is because anytime the issue of Nigeria and these pilfering, fast fingered, kleptomanic, and corrupt bastards come up my blood boils over abeg I dey vex nothing more to say for now.
Re: JTF, police storm Delta creeks - DOOM FOR IBORI by nearest(m): 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2010
k9ine:

Some of us are just her talkin trash.

The EFCC will only end up beefing the popularity of Ibori.

You invite someone to appear befoe you april 24.
Days  before the date, you declare him wanted through the media. ( our usual talk-tough, uncordinated habit of public officers).
Meanwhile the EFCC appealed the decision of the Asaba High Court.(why not folow up that appeal)

The EFCC claims there were petitions by some members of the public (the, a million and one petitions against corrupt persons such as OBJ, Atiku, Peter Odili and many other Governors, ministers, agency and commisions chairmen written to the EFCC still lie in their ofice).

There is more to it than meets the eyes, than just coruption.
A similiar attack on Atiku, while Ribadu held sway, wasted government time resources, and ended up popularising Atiku ( cos it was seen to be a witch-hunt)

IF THE EFCC HAS CONCRETE EVIDENCES(S) AGAINST IBORI, ALL IT HAS TO DO, IS DO IT THOROUGHLY, ABIDE BY THE RULE OF LAW, PROSECUTE HIM, AND ONCE AND FOR ALL NAIL IBORI FOR GOOD. (JAIL TERM AND REFUND OF MONIES ALLEGEDLY STOLEN)

IF NOT WE WOULD ALL BE ALIVE TO WITNESS HE WALKS A FREE AND POPULAR MAN AND POLITICIAN
Well said. No body will argue with the government if they HONESTLY fight corruption, while are PETITIONS against Ibori more important than against Anenih, obj, IBB, Odili, etc, If you think you have a CASE, go to court! But what EFCC is doing is INVITING PEOPLE AND THEN TRUMP UP CHARGES OR INDICTMENT AGAINST THEM, i can bet that the EFCC have not investigated the petition yet, they want him in prison and then start using various court injunctions to keep him in prison. I know Ibori stole from delta state, but EFCC is giving him excuses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Action - Immunity Finish, Na Im Gbenga Daniel RUN! Chei! / Lagos Police Attempts To Cover Up Shooting Of Banker & Security Guard / Explosion In Galadima Kogo Community Of Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.