Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,790 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (86695 Views)

Pst. Paul Rika's Revelation About Pastor W.F Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Bible Church / Commissioning Of Deeper Life International Headquarters, Gbagada Lagos (Live) / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Drabrah(m): 11:14am On Feb 18, 2018
ugwusunday:
U forget to add, Buying expensive cars or cloth
But nw things don change
Them dey even dey use Venza nw

Dat was a misconception frm d members. It never preached against buying expensive cars or cloths. It's extravagance & "showmanship" it preached against buh wot is extravagance for one is being miserly for another. Besides, majority of d members (esp way back then) were below average earners.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by samuelson06(m): 11:14am On Feb 18, 2018
salvation101:
It takes humility to admit you were wrong.. Many people would av still held on to their dogma. Ur post is misleading though, did he even say his members should not seek medical care wen dey are sick? At least i know alot of deeperlife doctors and nurses. The bible says in all things we should give thanks, him saying wen u are sick you should still thank God doesnt mean you shouldn't seek medical attention or divine healing.. Wat would you do wen u r sick? Curse God like Job's wife suggested?

You are correct. Over time I have realized that some of these guys make cases to mock churches other than theirs which by extension they are mocking themselves as Christians. What's the need of this topic in the first place? They call themselves Christians but in reality they are enemies to the cause of Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by kentebemoney: 11:14am On Feb 18, 2018
chronique:

This is a blatant lie. Deeper life never saw other Christians as evil. I attended that church in my childhood and formative years. I attended that church in the 80s and 90s. They never said television was evil but they were against it cos they felt it could corrupt the mind(depending on what you watch),and believed it was better to abstain from watching TV to prevent temptations that could arise from immoral acts seen on TV,especially for children. Over the years,a lot of people have twisted the whole thing. Deeper life never said nobody should go to hospital. Way back,we used to have retreats and in those retreats,there were medical centres for treating people who took I'll during the retreat. My friend's mother whose father was a pastor then in the church, was a nurse and she was always at the medical centres. I don't know where most of you usually get your fables from.
Thank you Bros.
I was born in deeper life and grew up there, though i attend winner's Chapel now, I wonder where people get all the nonsense they say about deeper life.
God bless you

9 Likes

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by michoim(m): 11:20am On Feb 18, 2018
Points 3 to 5 are not relevant enough to be mentioned. Overall there is no big deal in those teachings, just a matter of personal convictions at a particular time...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by chronique(m): 11:21am On Feb 18, 2018
kentebemoney:

Thank you Bros.
I was born in deeper life and grew up there, though i attend winner's Chapel now, I wonder where people get all the nonsense they say about deeper life.
God bless you

The thing dey surprise me. Like say I nor go the church for years,I for think say na true dem dey talk. We were attending assemblies of God church, before we moved to deeper life. There was no redeem or winners then around us. Those ones were still baby churches then. Deeper life was the biggest church with branches everywhere then.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by correctguy101(m): 11:22am On Feb 18, 2018
Empredboy:
you are talking for your self cos God gave you grace to spot the difference between right and bad. here in Africa we are so gullible to our pastors that what they say is the final.

Which one is here in Africa.

You think I'm not African?

I've never been to Europe or the Americas. Only the Arab world. Apart from that, I was born and raised here in Nigeria. How many months I even spend for Tehran and Jordan wey person go even call that travel?

I still insist that God has given us everything. There's a post of mine where I called all that exists as Jesus in the Bible rightly calls them... 'ye are light' but I feel a lot of people have made their lights dim.

Imagine even Jehovah's witnesses refusing blood transfusion and the likes when there's even limited health care and funds for other alternatives.

Now you would blame the organization or church for that but me, if I were a judge in court and such nonsensical case was on my table, I'll throw it out as a case of suicide. I dey provoke with the way people allow themselves be deceived.

Afterall it's only a fantasy that makes them take the decision to obey the words and beliefs of a madman who himself would travel abroad for medical check-up and treatment.

I once suffered from appendicitis which led to peritonitis and was on my hospital bed when a mad preacher from Lord's chosen came in to preach. Like a good boy, I listened but was silently praying in my heart that he gets done quick and get out.
It was a semi-private ward, shared by only two patients and my roommate was enjoying the preaching.

At the end of his ministering, the mad man was advising we leave the hospital and follow him to see Lazarus mouka for instantaneous healing. He claimed Lazarus had never and would never be sick. That was when we pounced on him and finally sent him parking with mutterings of "may the God of chosen" forgive you angry

If we had been stupid and followed him and something else happens, would you blame him or us for being stupid? Though I would give him a short sentence but I wouldn't hold him for murder abeg, that's a clear case of suicide triggered by foolishness... grin

Now where's my applause gringrin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by tiwiex(m): 11:26am On Feb 18, 2018
salvation101:
It takes humility to admit you were wrong.. Many people would av still held on to their dogma. Ur post is misleading though, did he even say his members should not seek medical care wen dey are sick? At least i know alot of deeperlife doctors and nurses. The bible says in all things we should give thanks, him saying wen u are sick you should still thank God doesnt mean you shouldn't seek medical attention or divine healing.. Wat would you do wen u r sick? Curse God like Job's wife suggested?
I know they didn't support blood transfusion. I think Jehova Witness still does not. Also, you said humility for admitting being wrong? I think it is more like misleading people to wrong. If you don't like TV, your problem. Why make others follow your belief (opinion really)? They had to change else, them no go even dey use phone and internet now.

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by OyinO: 11:27am On Feb 18, 2018
Another huge and successful scammer and religious businessman
Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Drversatile: 11:34am On Feb 18, 2018
Chartey:
I'm not a true Christian right now but let me say this.
I don't think Deeper Life was ever against medical care. It's perhaps the church with the highest number of doctors as members in Nigeria.
There are even clinics at the camp during retreats.
Kumuyi believes in faith healing just like all pentecostals which is understandable.
If you mention churches like CAC that use "omi adura" (prayer water) or Synagogue that uses that their water then I'll agree.
Nothing beyond laying of hands (as commanded in the Bible) is acceptable in Deeper Life, not even the use of olive oil.
I need to go to church one of these days, I don miss am.

NB: Truth is, many people prefer churches where they'll go on Sunday, have their spirits lifted, then come back home very comfortable in their sins.
Most churches these days are like that.
Deeper Life isn't. You either feel remorse and repent or you become rebellious and tag living a life of holiness as "extremism".
Your head dey there

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Alaska90(m): 11:40am On Feb 18, 2018
INTERMAN:
please don't add to what I posted. I didn't say he say no to medication or whatever you added to it. He only encouraged them to be happy and was not a "strict" doctrine. Why would you add to my post?

Your post is misleading...Pastor Kumuyi never said all those things e.g He only encouraged them to be happy and was not a "strict" doctrine.

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Greatzeus(m): 11:46am On Feb 18, 2018
OboOlora:

Gbam! U av said it all. How can u be a Christian and think other Christians are ‘evil’ just because they don’t practice your doctrine?!
Has any deeper life member called you evil before, because you are not their member
Shame on you,just look at your moniker. I am sure you would have been in your room waiting for customers by now,if not that today is Sunday. tongue
Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by newoffer: 11:50am On Feb 18, 2018
deprived million of followers the opportunity to be successful. okrika church

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Awoo88: 11:54am On Feb 18, 2018
Op u dey post half truth. Non of those things you posted were belief held that was abolished. The vision for the school was given to kumuyi as far back as the 80s.

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Nobody: 11:56am On Feb 18, 2018
finest0007:

Everything he said is a lie? cheesy
My father was with this man in ibadan when he started his church from house fellowships of Scripure Union[SU] and vividly remembers giving out his TV to his brother because Kumuyi condemned TVs. I dont know about the rest but you should probably research first smiley
lol.Didur father tell u dat? Why do u av to lie? U aren't a Christian cos a child of God shouldn't lie.
Kumuyi was a very active member of SU during his school days in University of Ibadan but dat was not where he started his church. He got a job as a mathematics lecturer at d University of Lagos and dat was where he started his Bible study group with 8 students wch eventually grew to what is deeperlife today. By the way he was a member of a staunch member of the Apostolic Faith church

2 Likes

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Lomprico2: 12:04pm On Feb 18, 2018
INTERMAN:
Thank God the man of God is still standing for holiness and righteousness. But here are some old beliefs of WF kumuyi in which he latter sent into oblivion.

1) TELEVISION- In the early days of Deeper life church. Television and anything that relates to it was seen as a taboo. The gadget was tagged "the box of the devil" and members of the church were strictly warned against Tv, video cameras in wedding and so on.Repairing of TV was also abomination. But today, the church itself, I.e Deeper life Bible Church now have over Ten thousands television in their various church for live transmissions. Video cameras are also now been used during events by members of the church

2) BE HAPPY WHEN YOU ARE SICK: In one of the old messages of pastor kumuyi. He made mention that saints and Christians should be happy when they are sick because it should be a thing of joy when it is time to cross over to the other side of eternity I.e heaven. But today, Pastor kumuyi now pray against death of members of the church and even organizes monthly programs and crusades against every form of sickness and disorders. He equally encourages his pastors to have some time to rest to prevent deaths and illness from overstress.

3) WEARING OF SUITS: Although he was not against wearing of suit. But he said he preferred wearing his Shirt and trousers.That was majorly his mode of dressing until the early 2000' when Pastor kumuyi suddenly changed to suit and Tie which has hence became his permanent mode of dressing.

4) BUILDING OF SCHOOLS BY THE CHURCH: It was believed that the church never intended to build any university or schools in the past so that Members can spread and shine as salts in the world rather than been confined in a given location. But today the church now has many secondary schools (Deeper life high schools) and a university (anchor university)

5) USE OF HANDKERCHIEF IN HEALING: In the late 80's or early 90's handkerchief was said to have been used by the man of God during miracle services, but this was latter abolished.

Corret money don touch him hand na. What do u expect?
Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2018
he is still a crook! christianity as a whole is a scam! infact every religion is a scam!

After scamming his gullible followers of millions he is Abandoning.
Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by emonkey(m): 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
INTERMAN:
Thank God the man of God is still standing for holiness and righteousness. But here are some old beliefs of WF kumuyi in which he latter sent into oblivion.

1) TELEVISION- In the early days of Deeper life church. Television and anything that relates to it was seen as a taboo. The gadget was tagged "the box of the devil" and members of the church were strictly warned against Tv, video cameras in wedding and so on.Repairing of TV was also abomination. But today, the church itself, I.e Deeper life Bible Church now have over Ten thousands television in their various church for live transmissions. Video cameras are also now been used during events by members of the church

2) BE HAPPY WHEN YOU ARE SICK: In one of the old messages of pastor kumuyi. He made mention that saints and Christians should be happy when they are sick because it should be a thing of joy when it is time to cross over to the other side of eternity I.e heaven. But today, Pastor kumuyi now pray against death of members of the church and even organizes monthly programs and crusades against every form of sickness and disorders. He equally encourages his pastors to have some time to rest to prevent deaths and illness from overstress.

3) WEARING OF SUITS: Although he was not against wearing of suit. But he said he preferred wearing his Shirt and trousers.That was majorly his mode of dressing until the early 2000' when Pastor kumuyi suddenly changed to suit and Tie which has hence became his permanent mode of dressing.

4) BUILDING OF SCHOOLS BY THE CHURCH: It was believed that the church never intended to build any university or schools in the past so that Members can spread and shine as salts in the world rather than been confined in a given location. But today the church now has many secondary schools (Deeper life high schools) and a university (anchor university)

5) USE OF HANDKERCHIEF IN HEALING: In the late 80's or early 90's handkerchief was said to have been used by the man of God during miracle services, but this was latter abolished.

Nonsense. Obviously hearsay.
1. His teaching on television is based on common sense. Television only steals your time . He accepted the use of television as a tool for evangelism and not for pleasure.
2. How on earth could you say he wants church members to be happy when ill, and then the same man prays for the sick to get well? Check your life well.
3. Kumuyi has been wearing suit since I knew him in 1990.
4. What is bad in moving to the reality of a horrible educational system in the country. God does not encourage stagnancy.
5. Use of handkerchief in healing is scriptural but should be also a personal choice. It shouldn't be expressly taught in church and used like babalawo items as you find in many churches today.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by victorazy(m): 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2018
INTERMAN:
please don't add to what I posted. I didn't say he say no to medication or whatever you added to it. He only encouraged them to be happy and was not a "strict" doctrine. Why would you add to my post?

Be polite as a wise christian person and shun this your belligerent attitude, after all I heard the same.

Your post.....pride. you must be a Yoruba boy.
Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by osusuallstars: 12:13pm On Feb 18, 2018
007author:
Deeper life people are extremists. They should be banned in Nigeria
yourba muslim head slammer spotted

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by finest0007(m): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2018
salvation101:
lol.Didur father tell u dat? Why do u av to lie? U aren't a Christian cos a child of God shouldn't lie.
Kumuyi was a very active member of SU during his school days in University of Ibadan but dat was not where he started his church. He got a job as a mathematics lecturer at d University of Lagos and dat was where he started his Bible study group with 8 students wch eventually grew to what is deeperlife today. By the way he was a member of a staunch member of the Apostolic Faith church

O ye faithful child of God, as thou hast proclaimed me unworthy to be called a child of God I shall now proceed to the naughty corner and weep profusely as a form of penance embarassed embarassed grin. I don't come online to lie. The TV being evil didn't start in Lagos. It was already rooted in whatever group he had or was part of in Ibadan. My father studied in UI by the way and knew kumuyi back then. Enjoy your sunday smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by enigma2007(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2018
INTERMAN:

Obviously a lie.. Pastor Kumuyi has been wearing suits as far back the 90s.. Check your facts well mate

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by enigma2007(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2018
emonkey:

Nonsense. Obviously hearsay.
1. His teaching on television is based on common sense. Television only steals your time . He accepted the use of television as a tool for evangelism and not for pleasure.
2. How on earth could you say he wants church members to be happy when ill, and then the same man prays for the sick to get well? Check your life well.
3. Kumuyi has been wearing suit since I knew him in 1990.
4. What is bad in moving to the reality of a horrible educational system in the country. God does not encourage stagnancy.
5. Use of handkerchief in healing is scriptural but should be also a personal choice. It shouldn't be expressly taught in church and used like babalawo items as you find in many churches today.

Thanks for your point 3.. Op is dishing out his own truth

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by ArcFresky(m): 12:26pm On Feb 18, 2018
ugwusunday:
U forget to add, Buying expensive cars or cloth
But nw things don change
Them dey even dey use Venza nw

Totally disagree.
Kumuyi was and is still against, flaunting wealth, extravagant living, and borrowing to buy expensive stuffs like lace, vehicles or weddings.

Buying a venza was not against the rule, its buying with borrowed money, or buying to oppress others..

Deeperlife is still one of the churches one can attend with whatever cloth you can afford and not feel shamed....

At the end of the day, its all about humility, prudence and respect for your neighbours

2 Likes

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by izyiyke31: 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
Op your post is misleading sad
The church have well organised medical centers in all its conference centres and camp grounds

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by RexTramadol1: 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
The problem with humans

We give ourselves too many rules we can't keep all in the name of self-righteousness.

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Bahddo(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2018
INTERMAN:
if people can add to the Bible, what is your post?
Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by Teacher1776(m): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2018
OboOlora:

Gbam! U av said it all. How can u be a Christian and think other Christians are ‘evil’ just because they don’t practice your doctrine?!
You just can't face the reality, can you? If a pastor believes that God's spirit is with Church A, why would he leave to found a church B? If church A is worshipping God in a certain way and Church B is doing it in a different way using a different doctrine, can we realistically say that God accepts the double standard of worship as long as they all call on His name? Is He a God of double standard?

Except a religious leader is unsure of what he is doing, he must have been convinced that his form of Christianity is superior to others.
Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by NobleAjare(m): 1:28pm On Feb 18, 2018
U nailed it bro.
Chartey:
I'm not a true Christian right now but let me say this.
I don't think Deeper Life was ever against medical care. It's perhaps the church with the highest number of doctors as members in Nigeria.
There are even clinics at the camp during retreats.
Kumuyi believes in faith healing just like all pentecostals which is understandable.
If you mention churches like CAC that use "omi adura" (prayer water) or Synagogue that uses that their water then I'll agree.
Nothing beyond laying of hands (as commanded in the Bible) is acceptable in Deeper Life, not even the use of olive oil.
I need to go to church one of these days, I don miss am.

NB: Truth is, many people prefer churches where they'll go on Sunday, have their spirits lifted, then come back home very comfortable in their sins.
Most churches these days are like that.
Deeper Life isn't. You either feel remorse and repent or you become rebellious and tag living a life of holiness as "extremism".

1 Like

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by msughdoo: 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2018
Those days deeper life ladies must wear high-neck blouses, long skirts and this kind of underwear for decency. Check the underwear.

INTERMAN:

Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by gabrieljackson(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18, 2018
And he is right tv na devils box true true see how people dey watch bbn like say na their life depend on it 95 percent of things we see on that screen are evil so tell me is kumuyi right or wrong
Re: 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned by frankwyte: 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2018
We chat and post all sort of things but nobody care to save the perishing soul! Hear me, Christ is close and the rapture is near, please run and give your life to Christ.... Denominations wouldn't save on that day... Give your life to Christ!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) / Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.