Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Have You Ever Heard God Speak? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Heard God Speak? (16348 Views)

Funny Prayer Request(s) You've Ever Heard / Does God actually speak to people? How? When last did God speak to you? / What Language Did God Speak During Creation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by chemystery: 10:20am On Feb 19, 2018
butterflyl1on:

They said prove that the bible said the earth is flat and you brought those images grin

4 corners of the earth (NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST)

The devil showed Jesus that image IN AN INSTANT (according to the book of Luke). This was a vision and not a real occurrence physically.

Stop misquoting scripture to suite your lies.
There is a wide difference between the word "corner" and "cardinal points".
So, if I bring four people together and stand them on a field in the position of east, west, south and north, you mean these four people are also standing on four corners of the earth?

And you mean Satan also told Jesus to bow down and convert stones to bread all in a vision.
I will take you serious when you show me the part of Bible that said that was a vision.
If you can't show me, then go look for the right channel to peddle your lies.

But if you can't, you can still check my profile and tell me how many post I've made so far
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by butterflyl1on: 10:32am On Feb 19, 2018
chemystery:

There is a wide difference between the word "corner" and "cardinal points".
So, if I bring four people together and stand them on a field in the position of east, west, south and north, you mean these four people are also standing on four corners of the earth?

The term cardinal points did not start until 1846 so expecting to see "cardinal points " written in the bible is just silly to say the least. However it is known that the Earth has 4 major geo locations known as the NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST. Measurement of directions are plotted using these two locations and measurements of directions and locations are also plotted using corners so yes the Bible was correct and you are the one who either never understood that scripture or you are deliberately misrepresenting it (as usual) grin

And you mean Satan also told Jesus to bow down and convert stones to bread all in a vision.
I will take you serious when you show me the part of Bible that said that was a vision.
If you can't show me, then go look for the right channel to peddle your lies

The gospel of Luke termed it " IN AN INSTANT or IN A MOMENT IN TIME" This means The devil showed Jesus IN A FLASH these images. A moment IN TIME means in a flash or INSTANTENEOUSLY. this can only happen in a vision where everything is shown one in a compressed and quick manner yet we are able to process the very brief information into a lengthy detailed description.

But if you can't, you can still check my profile and tell me how many post I've made so far

Duh! Who counts your posts grin I said your threads and not your posts (but of course you would misrepresent my words again same way you are misrepresenting scripture) cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by samijay8(m): 12:56pm On Feb 19, 2018
Omooba77:

My mother's tongue and English; small still voice and audible to me sir. If you give you life to Jesus; the Holy Spirits will overwhelm you
Abeg hope is not some sort of audio hallucinations
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Omooba77: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
samijay8:
Abeg hope is not some sort of audio hallucinations

May the Lord bless us with hearing hear, about what God is saying to His Church
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by chemystery: 1:24pm On Feb 19, 2018
butterflyl1on:

The term cardinal points did not start until 1846 so expecting to see "cardinal points " written in the bible is just silly to say the least. However it is known that the Earth has 4 major geo locations known as the NORTH, SOUTH, EAST AND WEST. Measurement of directions are plotted using these two locations and measurements of directions and locations are also plotted using corners so yes the Bible was correct and you are the one who either never understood that scripture or you are deliberately misrepresenting it (as usual) grin
Compasses have been in existence even before that portion of the bible was written. We are not talking about when a single word was invented to describe four directions in English language. Meanwhile, the four cardinal points on their own are not locations. They are directions, and can be directions to locations. That is why I ask again, if I bring four people together and stand them on a field in the position towards east, west, south and north, do you mean these four people are standing on four corners of the earth?

The gospel of Luke termed it " IN AN INSTANT or IN A MOMENT IN TIME" This means The devil showed Jesus IN A FLASH these images. A moment IN TIME means in a flash or INSTANTENEOUSLY. this can only happen in a vision where everything is shown one in a compressed and quick manner yet we are able to process the very brief information into a lengthy detailed description.

Duh! Who counts your posts grin I said your threads and not your posts (but of course you would misrepresent my words again same way you are misrepresenting scripture) cheesy
We are not arguing about the length of time he showed Jesus the whole kingdom of the flat earth. I want to see where the bible mentioned it was done in a vision. Of course if you can show someone something in few seconds in a vision, you can also achieve that in reality. Does time frame qualifies something as being vision or not?
I just want to see where the bible mentioned that it was a vision.
Or better still create your own meaning to what the bible says if you can't
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by sulasa07(m): 2:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
MistadeRegal:

I'll give you this, that you may know they have been teaching you contrary to GOD.
Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
John:9:35-38

And also this.
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
John:10:30-33,36
So u and it father are d same
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by butterflyl1on: 2:13pm On Feb 19, 2018
quote author=chemystery post=65195068] Compasses have been in existence even before that portion of the bible was written. We are not talking about when a single word was invented to describe four directions in English language. Meanwhile, the four cardinal points on their own are not locations. They are directions, and can be directions to locations. That is why I ask again, if I bring four people together and stand them on a field in the position towards east, west, south and north, do you mean these four people are standing on four corners of the earth?

Revelations 7:1

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

He gave these angels authority over the directions of the wind. Any point on the earth is the NORTH, SOUTH, EAST OR WEST. from the smallest/shortest location to the widest and biggest and that was why the instruction given to the angels was for both great and small. The scripture says "that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree."

Nor on any tree shows that it is not about size but about assignment. Plus we basically have 4 types of winds on earth and all of them function based on the cardinal directions of the earth and this is how you can know that this scripture was referring to the cardinal points when it said "4 corners".

The main planetary winds are

1. The North-east Trade winds

2. The South-east Trade winds

3. The Temperate Westerlies

4. The Polar Easterlies

The above would clearly show you that the positioning and authority given to these angels was based on cardinal directions despite the usage of the word 4 corners.

I am sure you can read for yourself the DIRECTION these 4 winds follow and how that relates to the cardinal directions. grin

You can keep misrepresenting scripture but it is futile. cheesy

We are not arguing about the length of time he showed Jesus the whole kingdom of the flat earth. I want to see where the bible mentioned it was done in a vision. Of course if you can show someone something in few seconds in a vision, you can also achieve that in reality. Does time frame qualifies something as being vision or not?
I just want to see where the bible mentioned that it was a vision.
Or better still create your own meaning to what the bible says if you can't

The book of Luke says the devil showed Jesus IN A MOMENT IN TIME.

Another translation says IN AN INSTANT.

Definition of moment
a : a minute portion or point of time : instant

instant
[in-stuh nt]
noun
an infinitesimal or very short space of time; a moment:

From experience, people know that only a vision comes like a flash or in an instant or in a moment.

When the words in a moment (which means INTANT) is used, comparing this to the issue in question which is ( SHOWING JESUS ALL THE GLORIES OF THE KINGDOMS OF THE WORLD) This is not PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE TO ACHIEVE. however when compressed into a vision, it becomes very easy to accomplish.

I do not think you know what visualising ALL the kingdoms of the world and their glory entails so you are speaking ignorantly. This is not cable television and even if it were cable television expect such a documentary to be a month long before it can cover ALL THE KINGDOMS OF THE WORLD AND THEIR GLORY.

you can keep calling it a flat earth But my Bible says you lie and I also say you lie because I have broken it down for you in ways you cannot deny (even though I know you will still try to) grin

Continue deceiving yourself by yourself and for yourself. Enjoy! cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by MistadeRegal(m): 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2018
sulasa07:

So u and it father are d same

Do you want to know exactly who JESUS CHRIST really is?
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Niflheim(m): 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2018
Most of the people who claimed to talk to god turned out to be either..............................

1.Liars

2.Mentally ill lunatics

3.Simpletons who believe that every personal decision they make was originally ordained by god(so therefore, my decision and my inner voice talking to me=god talking to me.)
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 20, 2018
natsuflame:
God doesn't speak to anyone directly. Everything he wants us to know is in the bible.

You are wrong.
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 20, 2018
Yeah he does speak and i have heard him audibly too but not quite frequent. The first time i heard him speak audible, it was the voice of my earthly father who wasn't anywhere near dat i heard.. I was puzzled till i got to understand dat he spoke to Samuel audibly with a familiar voice too. God spoke to Samuel using the voice of Eli thrice. He ran to Eli cos he was naive..
Most of the time, God speaks through his word in scriptures, and also through the inward withness of the Holy Spirit. And several other ways as recorded in scripture

If u doubt that God speaks, then probably dat is the reason you will never hear him speak cos the gifts of God are received by faith. If its something ur little mind can fathom den its not supernatural
Re: Have You Ever Heard God Speak? by SEYILIGHT(m): 2:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
exlinkleads:

Have u ever heard of Zodiac signs before? pretty much what they are telling u is mere imaginations, common sense or ur Zodiac sign disadvantages.

wise up
This is not about zodiac signs, what I'm asking you is that what of if different pastors are saying the same things...

What's responsible for that?

Mere imagination?

Did they just think of the same thing at the same time?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.