Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

WEB...Travails of a detective. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WEB...Travails of a detective. (27211 Views)

First Middle-grade Mystery/detective Novel Series By An African Writer / THE WITNESS (A Detective Kolapo Story) / THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Yemike(m): 8:33am On Mar 14, 2018
jhurney:
yemike

., ........
y'all should please endorse my work.
I don enter. mah balance with this hot akamu and bean cake as I await another thrilling update from master Jhurney.

Thanks for the invite bro.

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
EPISODE
NINETEEN

Unknown location...
Ten years later..

Musa' what do you have to say?
Chief garba asked.
Sir, some guys are getting suspicious of our activities and they seem to be struggling with curiosity in their minds at our ogun state branch, musa said into the air.

Musa, i don't think you are ready to be part of us, i placed you in charge of that area yet you cant take any decisions on your own. Things as delicate as this calls for drastic measures. If they bore their suspicions to the public'' do you think we are safe? Whoever is inquisitive about our operations should be clipped before they squeal. Chief garba shouted angrily, make sure you inform carlos immediately after this meeting, he added.
Yes sir, musa answered fearfully.
Chief garba, the primary elections are over, don't you think we should take a break and stop the shipment of those plants for the time being. So nothing will jeopardize you ambitions as the main election is fast approaching, chief Ade suggested.

Ade, there is no point in what you just said. If we stop the shipments' how do i get enough money to campaign for the president's seat? Come on, we've spent years in this business and we are still growing, besides we've got solid covers, chief garba said as he stood up. we should round up, i've got meetings to attend, he concluded.

Hey, Toni said out loud to gain his colleague's attention. Toni, how are you today? Ramon asked.

I'm good..what about you? As usual bro, bored, i'll be hitting the road seven pm in the evening, mad musa rescheduled my day,
Toni spoke angrily.

Oops, sorry man, i'm heading out now, Ogun state is two hours from here at most, i should be back before nightfall, then i'd hit the club, ramon sarcastically replied.

You are always lucky man, i'm even to deliver at oyo state and wife is pregnant at home, I wish i can trade assignments with you. Safe journey anyway, toni said as he turned to walk in the opposite direction.
Dude, ramon called out as toni was about entering into the company, remember our deal? He asked.
What deal? Toni asked in return as he turned around to advance towards ramon.
You forgot already, but when i'm half-way through this journey, i'm opening this truck to check out what we saw with musa that day, he said excitedly.
Ooh, i forgot already, suit yourself. Toni muttered.

Carlos, the first man is heading out now, make sure you execute a clean job as usual. Musa, shouted into the phone.
I heard you fool, Bleep off, the voice sounded from the receiver's end.
Musa hissed and terminated the call before exiting the toilet..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 2:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
EPISODE
TWENTY

With the record number of cases you've solved, everybody knows you should have been promoted years ago, come on, you have been in the "ASP" position for years, your strained relationship with the "DPO" is something you have to worry about, i think you should just walk up to him and apologise, that's my own say. John said, concluding his epistle.
I heard you, i just pray this time around, i'm promoted, i replied him without removing my gaze from the newspaper in my hand.

Excuse me, john said as he walked out the door. I closed the newspaper and considered John's advice. Most of my colleagues with whom i graduated were already senior officers in the police force. Based on my qualifications, i should be getting close to be an assistant commissioner of police, yet here i was.
Even john who was my junior when i came in was already my senior.

This DPO hates me, i'm sure he's not been recommending me for promotions, he's probably keeping my files in his office without sending it to the necessary quarters.
I thought, as i concluded in my mind to see him.

James' we've been asked to submit the necessary files.
I jerked out of my thoughts as i heard john's voice. I opened my drawer and found nothing, then i remembered i left the files at home.
John, i forgot the files at home. I have to go get it now.
Ok, just be fast about it.
He replied as he took his files and left the office.
I took my keys and rushed out of the station. I got into my plymouth and took off.

“Somewhere in ogun state”

Carlos stood in the middle of the road in his stolen police outfit, he knew his cover might be blown as it was rare for foreign police officers to be found in Nigeria. But he knew it was just a matter of time before his target shows up.

Toni, "you wont believe what i just saw!! i think this company is dealing in hard drugs. I've kept some samples, i'll show you when i come back". Ramon clicked on the send option and waited for the message to be delivered before he proceeded on the journey.

Carlos raised his hand to stop the truck as it came into view. Ramon pulled up by the side of the road.

The policeman must be new in the force as D&c trucks are not usually stopped on the road, he thought to himself. More was his surprise when the policeman turned out to be a foreigner...

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
Sorry for the late updates...

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
jhurney:
Sorry for the late updates...
pas de probleme

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
EkopSparoAyara:
MA bro Jhurney,where are thou?? Hope all is well??
All is well sir.. i've been busy of late

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2018
Cadec007:
pas de probleme
I see you are now very much around.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 2:15pm On Mar 14, 2018
jhurney:

I see you are now very much around.
yes i am now....merci pour la mise à jour,keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by itsandi(m): 6:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
Lovely smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Pinkfeet: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
jhurney:
Samexdx stephengee12 hadampson dview001 rachealfst alarmednigerian vakjay08 meneski yommy20 prettyrose bibijay123 oyindawealth maltaleeza bakeuhappy supizino queenitee honourable356 debbycreamy dabila olufemiwhit kimkardashian Kimberly west iamloyalty countrygirl ayoshewa donteanz smokeydrinky chisiudeh dupsai sirgoldejike vincad skillful01 captainpower sikells castleberry maryclaire1 modik rhayne kunbeex princessadeola soulminister heemah osch10 Nmaglit forzarush sofiaamrozia misselocon jazmiynne mobecs damselbae igyeseh nanadeeva01 tolezy001 eitsei raintaker slimberry123 segibambo ladysunshine94 khennykhay rchilee dimssy boderline politicalthug Rodriguez12 prisivileth pweetywizzy charytea laraemi emzyme tillaman niwdog jekonmor officialflex bleeze2 cjizzy citygold121 aminatope247 jaesharp emmyn donnad diegonakel ogmeekzy07 hardeybay princesam10 bleeze2 cruzyteekay freshestmanny oluwaemmanuel sleekhoyen sexyolori pinkfeet ayodijex cyber5 succyblinks jupitre cindymorgan shurley22 ayodijex damibiz criis costal alamiendagash jide219 switkera renybenks osmon1996 queendd oroolorun shawdey tlordz toyin223 funnyfun precial419 boldndbeautiful tenniebae mightyfortress rosalieene nawtielizzie yourradiance tzminaj adeculate creeza go4success swankmee marvwhite aka sherlock Holmes
Dominicnuel skeetz gallantemory senatorpope holar1993 clemsworld donkelz beetunez44 myself2 ironlion1 blendmanuel mrsochy patjane seven jasmine2013 dreyman21 lyrink matherson tuba69 heeyhun sistaj komforth sowole007 dztzl johngainsville deadrat gmekx stainless239 queensiju niphmmy subtlemee in4matic ephay mzztega ayomicome kingsamm anaselizzy elvisojugo erudite202 korinnesta ebydarling bossy512 wapapod light4life chommieblaq dinabella surddick Godsmileforever officialbazor bibi294 Queen golden tenderblaze areros honeydawealth shotunz mariinee kukoyi larride oluwabuqqyyolo gabsi422 pinkberry5 zaheertyler hantonia jagugu88li oscardafuscar heymorse spdazzy omorlehwah itxayce kpagogin missnande chimeluv mrintegrity247 sussybae theabider bigbauer neenie phayth tife101 biggietreasures emmy091 queenjuli barag connkg emmydan hottadiva kinah favouritetega osch10 queen494 civilizedtyger sleepingqueen25 itsjezzy sheycrown dupsai yaronjos heirapparent cruzyteejay jaybee96 mrgudmood amikeem horlorlardaey kemam sexyfire911 kikiwendy neurojosh erock247 teekaycarter moonnstar negudugrace rayvelez xlozer timmyshot gamesound shekinah190 waacut elshberry bammylee002 iamdaquin01 bestie93 crislyn spiceybae holuwaphlexy gr8skillz virtuedagirl lildiamond seunnla cerowo kingsuave medrehab roastedcorn yemsy13865 snowboi360 hormobolanle jeedope hobbyheart mhizfavour juniho77 johncasey1 moyenii chinedubrazil sapy apostolate kendrickmykell slayer2 cindy1000 cbella brohimot royh mhizclair bankiev anneboyo2 lizzyparx lorlahlizzy dotwillis1 omomifamily patotelli thiannah observer3 mexzzy47 nikz marvin902 helenbee mhizterauto kayceerilyn iwakacome twinkle004 centitan kajsa08 babeflenz nickibeauty chillgist iralife tjpromise mancrimes oluwafeolami do4luv cynicgod queendaisy smartgenius10 kingphillip inkdbetty ksslib hidhris gracito smileing trggasg geektrovert matrycx osedagal qasar4life peppirina jey4all boywest1 drachel1993 folake25 lugar14 iheyhun connoisseur selimdeon kasey18 chigold121 erudite202 kayus621 kerr9 geosilye iamlynn lordshola billirayz augustinesilva ceecane2 hardeydun schlastica16 julietbae adfijem aries26 olueaseun15 dreyman21 virtueblazer harkinlowyeh gracyblaze donblzer10 ayokunmi24 mhizsuccess veevean0 amanda24 chinachris chara019 mexzzy47 chemicalreaction herosakin777 emerortj93 elshberry tomzz gotios latbons nerdychukz tijehi chigold121 mzposhberry90 tuhndhay brendy01 danyceo trendytessy hobbyheart lecdope okeyben10 itsandi jtofineme tripplexon biggysmolz oluwasheenah awalat172 steediamond antonineutron classicladyk moseph arabaribiti chiexcel retake89 authorityspeaks bensam2040 sleekhoyeen ultimategeneral officialflex stainlexxx tobymoore go4success kingzero lordpeckxy chinacriss ikechizoba obicoolnino fadahunsilegend seteejax optizzycute teebilion dammypat olori1992 ladybandie sussybae incredible2017 mickeyjaggers40 labelle123 akiewillis bidemmy4real kayjay007 sleemon chitheo smartaphyl joshnes badohemmy oluwakemi65 arinzevictor illicitblood arrestdarrester chuks000 mitchelljnr bishop818 ladyhal1 hilariousthiago aseke1 coolie1 ekopsparoayara ebonyqueen001 kingso23 solomonbrown64 whocarex clint237 lorlahlizzy engracedmay jennymaryjane01 kunleseshan enekwesylvia auric Emerich smartaphy1 dondemex nuelzy charminee epbere21 opeade939 agbenuanna obezeeco seanwilliam mazimee dohyinsolah ladeturner69 marychommy provabz renybenks horladstar blessgj olalekank lilymax vicoch agp19 jchemmy1 5iecreepy ochyglowsglows jadedgrace98 paqman shadow melodydennis yemike nittroboy ahmedbanj phemorison hazardman omnisparrow trebron damon147 jchemy1 fameg helenbee dreofGod tdyke4 gabi98 uchman48 jiikye1 genius43 mizsylviah bimsee jasonex4 obedugo seanatist anthcunny hawlascho kunmisola majole austinsamekpo pratiba phemochee marvin902 magicmeemee jacoik stephmiracle odyx blackel trendymiss

y'all should please endorse my work.

thanks for mention

I will show very soon

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Mizsylviah(f): 10:40pm On Mar 14, 2018
Pinkfeet:

thanks for mention

I will show very soon
Thanks for the mention dear

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
jhurney:
All is well sir.. i've been busy of late
Alright man.. Take your time..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
I believe James will catch up with Carlos before he terminates Ramon.. Bravo Jhurney..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by itsandi(m): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
Interesting smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Canme4u(m): 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
Nice updates, following bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by frankdaholy: 12:09am On Mar 16, 2018
Nice story. Waiting for your next update

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2018
EPISODE
TWENTY-ONE

Carlos walked slowly towards the truck with his hands behind him. He increased his pace after tightening the silencer on his pistol. Officer, you people dont usually stop us on this road and we...ramon was yet to complete his statement when carlos shot him in the head.

Carlos got into the truck and took off the police uniform on him. He was left with his short and a tshirt. He pushed ramon to to the other seat and took a knife out of his pocket. He leaned towards him and carved his signature sign on the poor man's stomach.

He got down from the truck, locked the doors and crossed the road with a jog, his car was parked down the road. The road was free of traffic that day and he couldn't help but whistle out loud, the job was easy and without much stress, it was only one car that drove on the road and that was when he was done with the job.

James...

I sped on in silence and only eased my leg on the accelerator whenever i wanted to change the music blaring from my car's stereo. The road was unusually free that day and i couldn't help but thank my stars. I'll be back in the station before the man even knows i'm not on seat. I thought to myself.

I had not driven two kilometres more when i saw a foreign man step out of a truck not well parked by the side of the road, he seemed to be in a hurry and quickly crossed the road, his face was somehow familiar but i could not place his face I concluded that he must be pressed, besides i had no time to waste as i was in a hurry.

I got home in less than twenty minutes, a journey i make in thirty-five minutes every morning. I quickly picked the files and hurried out of my apartment.

I was driving at a reasonable speed when i noticed the truck was still parked on the road and the way it was placed on the road could cause an accident, but there was nothing i could do to help the situation as the driver was not in the car. I already sped past the truck when my instinct told me to check the car out. I eased my car off the road and parked by the side of the road.

I ran towards the truck as i did not want to waste much time. I looked through the window and what i saw brought back memories...
I saw the bloody letter c..
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 11:02am On Mar 17, 2018
EPISODE
TWENTY-TWO

I placed a call to john after i recovered from the shock of seeing something that once caused me pains. I refused to open the door nor touch any other part of the vehicle so that the fingerprints on the vehicle will not be confusing.

I walked back to my vehicle and patiently waited for the arrival of the police. Different thoughts ran through my mind, i was convinced inside of me that the person who murdered the driver of the truck was the person who murdered my father.

The police arrived in company of the "DPO". The dpo ignored my greetings and walked briskly towards the truck as i followed suit. The fingerprints were recorded before the door of the truck was forced open. A police uniform was found in the vehicle and a blood stained knife was found on the vehicle's floor.

The corpse of the man was placed in the back of the police van and someone was asked to drive the truck down to the police station. I was about stepping out of the truck when my eyes stumbled upon something that looked like a phone under the driver's seat. I bent down and shoved my hand in and brought out a mobile phone from under the seat.

The manner in which the phone was struck under the seat must have deceived the policemen who searched the truck making them to believe that the phone was a part of the chair.

I did not know what made me drop the phone into my pocket instead of handing it over to my colleagues in charge of the case.
I got into my vehicle and slowly drove after the police convoy.

I was about settling into my seat in the office when someone came calling, said the "dpo" wants to see me.

I walked into his office after he ordered me in. James, how did you get to the location of the incident before us and how come you were not in the office by that time? He asked.

So what you are trying to tell me is that you left the station without asking for my permission? He said after i explained to him how i found myself at the venue of the incident. Well you can go back to your office, he added without allowing me to say anything. But you should know you are in for something big, he further said as i exited his office.

James, calm down. The highest he can do is make you stay on the road for a week or two weeks at most, just count it as an opportunity for you to make quick money from those disobedient commercial drivers, john said laughing.

I couldn't help but smile a little, but what was running in my mind was far more than making money on the road.

It was my best shot at getting the person who murdered my father and i was going to make good use of that opportunity...

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 11:10am On Mar 17, 2018
EPISODE
TWENTY-THREE..

I parked my car in the only available space in the compound. I greeted my neighbours sitting outside and made my way to my apartment. I flung myself on the couch after locking the door and slept off.

I woke up to the sound of my phone's ringtone. I yawned and answered the phone call, it was tolu and she asked for money as usual, i ended the call after promising to send her something the following week.

Her call made me remember how long it's been since i talked with my mother. I placed a call to her and we spoke for a long period of time. I also called tinu, she was obviously more busy than i am.

I stood up and went into my room to remove my clothes, after which i had a shower in the bathroom and changed into clean clothes. By now i had forgotten about the phone in the pocket of my uniform.

I strolled into the kitchen to cook some noodles. I was already starving and noodles was the fastest food i could ever think of cooking at that moment.

I switched on the television and tuned in to a news channel, it was campaign news as usual.
This chief garba is really working hard, i thought to myself.

I was about returning to the kitchen when i heard the newscaster say something about state security, i remembered ayo and dialled his number immediately. He did not pick any of my calls, so i decided to text him instead. I outlined all what happened during the day and emphasised the need for us to see and discuss. I did not remove my eyes from the phone until it indicated that the message was delivered.

I had barely dropped my phone when my phone rang out, the number displayed was not in my contact's list and even the truecaller application on my phone could not identify the number.

I picked the call and waited for the person on the other end to speak out, i was fed up with the silence on the other end as well and was about terminating the call when the person spoke out. Hmm, typical response of military officers right, i recognized the voice to be that of ayo immediately and laughed out loud. You did not pick my calls and it seems like you did it intentionally, shey you dey vex ni? I asked him in pidgin english.

I was in a meeting actually, it was your message that prompted me to ask for permission, how you intend to go about investigating and all of the details you just sent me should be between you and i, what i know from experience is that the people perpetrating this crimes have eyes everywhere" i'll be visiting you next week...

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 11:12am On Mar 17, 2018
I thank y'all for your patience.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 17, 2018
jhurney:
nice job op...kip d update coming...

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Sexyolori(f): 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
nice one jhurney.following...

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by itsandi(m): 5:28pm On Mar 17, 2018
Interesting updates smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Ayoshewa12(f): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2018
Thanks for the updates grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
jhurney:
no P.....vodka anyone?

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 10:05am On Mar 18, 2018
Cadec007:
no P.....vodka anyone?
I'm a christian grin

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 10:06am On Mar 18, 2018
Ayoshewa12:
Thanks for the updates grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin Don't mention it
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2018
vakjay08:
nice job op...kip d update coming...
Thank you sir....
No problem

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 10:08am On Mar 18, 2018
Sexyolori:
nice one jhurney.following...
Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Sexyolori(f): 11:08am On Mar 18, 2018
jhurney:
Thank you ma
uwc and before i forget,tnx for d mention.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Sexyolori(f): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2018
itsandi:
Interesting updates smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Read!
are u this jobless?
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2018
I was hoping James will catch up with Carlos.. Chaii bad market.. Bravo Jhurney..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Naked Truth (18+) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Didn’t Know About Him / Wole Soyinka With A Guitar (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.