Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

WEB...Travails of a detective. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WEB...Travails of a detective. (27196 Views)

First Middle-grade Mystery/detective Novel Series By An African Writer / THE WITNESS (A Detective Kolapo Story) / THE CHASE (A Detective Kolapo Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by itsandi(m): 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2018
Sexyolori:
are u this jobless?
This is my work smiley

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 7:42am On Mar 19, 2018
jhurney:

I'm a christian grin
hmmmmmm u don't take alcohol? But does that got anything to do with one's faith?

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by queenitee(f): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hmmm, hmmm

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by dimssy(m): 8:21pm On Mar 19, 2018
This is doing me like action film...I have palm wine here should you need a keg or two.
Oga jhurney, oya lets continue

PS: who haff meat sauce for the palm wine.

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
dimssy:
This is doing me like action film...I have palm wine here should you need a keg or two.
Oga jhurney, oya lets continue

PS: who haff meat sauce for the palm wine.
right here

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by dupsai(f): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2018
This story is superb, thanks Jhurney for the mention. Keep it coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by dimssy(m): 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
Cadec007:
right here

Your head is there....cheers

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:37am On Mar 22, 2018
Jhurney Bro... Hope you're doing good?? Am missing you..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
EkopSparoAyara:
Jhurney Bro... Hope you're doing good??
Am missing you..
I'm doing good.
updates on the way...
phone's got a little problem.

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
where is harjibolar10
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by harjibolar10(m): 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
jhurney:
where is harjibolar10
Bros, I still dey here ooo

Just dey watch the film jejely from this corner ni kwa

Let's go there boss

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
jhurney:
I'm doing good. updates on the way... phone's got a little problem.
eiyaah sowie

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:04am On Mar 26, 2018
jhurney:
I'm doing good. updates on the way... phone's got a little problem.
Am glad your doing good bro... Patiently waiting...

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by WHOcarex: 10:16am On Mar 26, 2018
OK na

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Canme4u(m): 10:18am On Mar 27, 2018
Nice one OO

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 12:57pm On Mar 27, 2018
EPISODE
TWENTY-FOUR

UNKNOWN LOCATION..

Dayo rowland was lost in thoughts as he awaited the arrival of his cohorts, he was at the place early and his mind couldn't help but wander. He was acting as the assistant inspector general of police before someone was finally voted into the position.

He still had much influence in the police force as he ranks high among the top officials. But having spent few months as the assistant inspector general, dayo's ambition for power increased drastically

His focus was no longer on the assistant inspector general of police's post, he wanted the real thing for himself, which was why he joined the chief garba train. He was relishing the idea of being known as the inspector general of the Nigeria police force when chief garba entered in company of the present vice president of the nation, The Aig and some few state security service top officials he had encountered before.

They all sat down after exchanging few pleasantries. They discussed the coming election which was happening in less than three weeks and few vital issues. Carlos was the only regular face present in the meeting as the meeting only contained key members of the organization.

Carlos, have you helped musa in sorting out his mess? Chief garba asked.
Yes i killed one of the guys already, i should be through with everything this night" Carlos replied without changing the expression on his face.
Okay, what of the supply? Have they sent someone else to pick it up?
Yes, the police station where the truck was parked is been controlled by a member of this organization and the truck was released to them without much ado.
Infact, someone who seems to know little details about the murder among the policemen in that station is to be framed" Carlos replied chief garba's second question smiling, he was obviously happy someone was to be blamed for the murder.

Okay, but please be careful...we've gotten to a delicate state and we cant afford to make mistakes, be clinical when carrying out your assignments, Dont even give space for little clues. Chief said,
he was visibly satisfied with the progress being made.

Chief, i see the "Aig" is here, i hope there wont be issues when you will be choosing the officials when you are finally the president? Dayo rowlands asked.

You see, maybe you will have to settle for that Aig post later on, since most Aig's are always promoted to be IG's. Chief garba said into the air indifferently. We should call it a day here.

Carlos, chief garba called out. I want you to keep a close eye on that man...
who sir? He asked after chief garba spoke into his ears.
Dayo Rowlands, the man who spoke the other time, the chief whispered...

3 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by paqman: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
Am falling in love for this story just spice it up with a little romance

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by WHOcarex: 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2018
paqman:
Romance kwa? Shebi make police man dey romance e gun ni.?

Well, this is not a love story, so romance is not necessary

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Yemike(m): 6:13pm On Mar 27, 2018
paqman:
Seconded.

cc jhurney

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by paqman: 8:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
WHOcarex:
Romance kwa? Shebi make police man dey romance e gun ni.?

Well, this is not a love story, so romance is not necessary
I said to spice up the story wait ooo na you be the author abeg Park well
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by BiadeFolar(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2018
Nice piece. Gives a soothing break from the Romance cliché! Thanks op for sharing this. My twin bro, Cadec007 thanks for the invitation... Been busy, just bookmarked your IVs, I'll join others later. This have made my night.

Hello Op. You can work on your quotations, it easy.
Check this-
"I have killed him" Carlos said, without showing any emotion.
"Just don't bleep up" chief garba said, obviously concerned about his political career.
"Whatever it is will be handled " Dayo chipped in with a dry smile on his face.

You're doing a great job sire

3 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Cadec007(m): 10:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
BiadeFolar:
Nice piece. Gives a soothing break from the Romance cliché! Thanks op for sharing this. My twin bro, Cadec007 thanks for the invitation... Been busy, just bookmarked your IVs, I'll join others later. This have made my night.

Check this-
"Just don't bleep up" chief garba said, obviously concerned about his political career.

thanks bro for honouring my invite

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by EkopSparoAyara(m): 9:53am On Mar 28, 2018
paqman:
Mbok, this story just started, romance shouldn't come in yet..

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by skubido(m): 3:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nice wan. Oya continue

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Canme4u(m): 8:56am On Mar 30, 2018
Well done OP, kindly drop the next one

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
EPISODE
TWENTY-FIVE

Toni's eyes was focused on the road as he overtook the car in his front. He wore a straight face and answered his wife's questions without betraying any emotions, she was pregnant and he didnt want to heighten her tension. When he heard about Ramon's death, he knew if he wanted to stay alive, he had to leave lagos state at that instant. He felt his death was connected to the message he sent to him.

He easily convinced his wife after he told her he was free for the weekend and that he wanted to spend the weekend with his mum.

IBADAN, OYO STATE...

It was raining heavily, carlos took shelter under one of the makeshift shops scattered around, he already spent close to one hour on the road but his target was yet to show up. He was shivering as the cold air coupled with the rain was affecting his joints. He brought out his phone and dialled musa's number.

Musa picked the phone after the third ring, he hated speaking with carlos, besides the workload was too much for him, he was yet to enter the records for the day and failure to do that might make the cartel tag him a thief.

Hello, carlos what is it again?

Why are you just picking the call? Are you still at the company? Carlos said into the phone without waiting for a reply to his first question.

I'm in my office, musa muttered.
Good, check if the other guy left already and get back to me immediately, he spoke as he ended the phone call.

Musa clicked on the power button twice to check if his torchlight was still functioning well. He cursed under his breath and quickly called carlos's number, Toni's truck was still in the company's premises.

James" To be a good detective or police officer, you need to trust in yourself. The most critical point in a policeman's life is the process of investigation, most time, they fail to meet up to expectations in that aspect.
You know there are lots of cases, but the most trying of all is that of murder.

Murder cases are like strands of DNA, almost impossible to separate.
To do so, you need to untangle with patience and sheer concentration, they are more like a web...

I woke up with a start, alas it was a dream, the man talking to me in the dream was my instructor back at the police academy, i waved off the dream and blamed it on my obsession with the recent murder incident. How ignorant i was .....

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2018
BiadeFolar:

Check this-

Noted sir.
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 8:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
*EPISODE
*TWENTY SIX..

I slowly eased my car into the parking space beside the Dpo's car. I had a positive mindset for the week and said a word of prayer as i took my badge from my bag.

All of my greetings to my fellow colleagues went unreplied. I waved it off and concluded they didnt hear me greet them, since the constable behind the counter who was always the first to greet me whenever i approached the door did not reply me too.

I had barely settled into the office when two junior officers came in with john, i was about greeting them when i noticed one of them was with an handcuff. Arrest him" i heard john say...

Different thoughts ran through my mind as they ushered me towards the only available cell in the premises. I deduced that i was been arrested for the murder of the truck driver.
I thought of my mom, my sister and even thought about my dignity and reputation.

I knew i was innocent and there was no how i could provide my innocence from inside the cell and failure to do that will most likely lead to my death or a very long time in jail.

I was in the middle of the two officers who handcuffed me and each held either of my hands firmly even with the cuffs on my hand.

When we got to the cell the one holding my right hand had to let go of my hand in a bid to open the padlock securing the cell door.

I swung my head to the left suddenly. The blow hit the other officer in his right eye which made him release my hand. i kicked the other officer in the groin before he could react which sent him sprawling to the floor.

I removed the key to the handcuffs from his pocket and helped myself out. The one i hit in the eye was still clutching his eye firmly and only looked on in silence. I hopefully thought i had not blinded him. I took their guns and walked briskly but silently in the direction we came from.

I walked into my office and quickly took my car keys and some other personal effects. I was about walking towards the front door when i remembered the window in my office was without burglary, passing through the window without attracting much attention was the best option to me.

I decided to abandon my car so i could put enough distance between me and the police. I had less than two hours leverage time...

1 Like

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
paqman:
There should be little romance...
But the context of the story is not in that line
Thanks for loving the story.
You be boss now

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by jhurney(m): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
Phone don finally spoil, that is the reason for the slow rate of update. I can only update when my gees are less busy with their phones.
Your advices and comments has been a source of inspiration,
Thank y'all.

2 Likes

Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by Canme4u(m): 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2018
Nice uodates
Re: WEB...Travails of a detective. by codesty: 8:51pm On Apr 01, 2018
please try and update to night.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Naked Truth (18+) / Wole Soyinka: Things You Didn’t Know About Him / Wole Soyinka With A Guitar (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.