Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? (7260 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / Muslims Have Been Running Away From Answering This Question / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 1:09am On Feb 24, 2018
Emmanystone:

Pls how do you know YHWH is imaginary?

I'm sure I've proven time and again why Yahweh is imaginary, I've always told you that I and everyone else would know if there's a god that wants us to know him without fellow humans having to hammer it into our heads and with that I cancel out all religious gods from A to Z starting with Yahweh
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 1:44am On Feb 24, 2018
iamwhat:

You're still doing the same thing I corrected earlier, It is true that I unintentionally omitted BC; How does 6th century BC qualifies Athiesm to be as old as man ?
You're still saying things you don't know.

We are already derailing, let's answer the OP's question.

1. The first atheist is Unknown! fact!!

2. Atheism is rejection of god idea

3. As soon as god idea started, atheism started too!

4. If you accept belief in god is as old as man, then atheism would also be as old as man

5. OP's question is a scientific NOT an atheistic one
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 1:48am On Feb 24, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Then, how do you come to know that God does not exist?

People should stop strawmanning me with this line all the time

I said YAHWEH DOES NOT EXIST!

as for "god", it does not exist too as the null hypothesis starts from there. until anyone can

1. Provide a coherent definition of what they mean by "god"

2. Provide empirically testable predictions of that god, and show that these predictions are true

3. Show that this god is more parsimonious than all other natural explanations

I'll (at least tentatively) accept that a god exists. So far, none of these requirements have come anywhere close to being met, and I can reasonably assert that the proposition of a god existing is likely false.

What I usually get instead is god of the gaps aka take something science can't explain (yet) and insert god as an explanation but it doesn't solve the problem as invoking an unknown and mysterious entity as explanation doesn't solve the problem its invoked for but rather makes it more muddled up.
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by dalaman: 2:13am On Feb 24, 2018
The theist always use God as their default position for " I DON'T KNOW ". While the atheist is honest to admit that he/she doesn't know, the theist just use God and magic always as an explanation. The theist knows nothing and has NO answer to anything. He just uses God to cover up for his lack of knowledge. This can very clearly be demonstrated.

We can simply turn the questions right back at the christians here and other theist and ask them. I will specifically ask the christians here to tell us exactly how their God created the things they are asking the atheist to provide answers to and you will see that they do NOT have any answers to it despite claiming that it is God . Their answers is simply God did it but if you ask them how God did it, they will never be able to tell you because as I said earlier, God is just their default position for I DON'T KNOW.
They ONLY conjure God as an answer but in reality they have NO idea of what they are saying. Their answer is always an appeal to magic and that's where it all ends. An appeal to magic is simply saying or admitting that you do not know while claiming to know. As we all know pretending to know what you don't know is the life blood of all religions.

So christians over to you. Now tell us:

If, as Christians have argued, there is a creator God that created everything and they are in a personal relationship with him and that they also communicate with him, then these questions should be answered very clearly:

How exactly did God create two separate genders, each with its own physiology?

Why did God chose sex?

Did God create sex by accident or did he intelligently create it? What mechanism did he use to create sex?

Modified:

How did God create female members of a species that produces eggs and is internally equipped to nourish a growing embryo, while at the same time evolving a male member that produces motile sperm cells? How did God do all these things?

And, further, how is it that these gametes (eggs and sperm) were conveniently created that they each contain half the normal chromosome number of somatic (body) cells? How did God create the cells? What did he use to create the cells and how did he go about it?

The christians should provide all the answers to these questions. This should be very easy since they claim to be in a personal relationship with God and they also communicate with him. They should simply ask him and let him provide them with the answers.

To the atheist in the house just sit back and watch. NONE of them will be able to provide any answers. God to them is just their default position for I DON'T KNOW.

Cc: danvon, iamwhat, mohemos, butterflyl1on .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 3:01am On Feb 24, 2018
dalaman:
The theist always use God as their default position for " I DON'T KNOW ". While the atheist is honest to admit that he/she doesn't know, the theist just use God and magic always as an explanation. The theist knows nothing and has NO answer to anything. He just uses God to cover up for his lack of knowledge. This can very clearly be demonstrated.

We can simply turn the questions right back at the christians here and other theist and ask them. I will specifically ask the christians here to tell us exactly how their God created the things they are asking the atheist to provide answers to and you will see that they do NOT have any answers to it despite claiming that it is God . Their answers is simply God did it but if you ask them how God did it, they will never be able to tell you because as I said earlier, God is just their default position for I DON'T KNOW.
They ONLY conjure God as an answer but in reality they have NO idea of what they are saying. Their answer is always an appeal to magic and that's where it all ends. An appeal to magic is simply saying or admitting that you do not know while claiming to know. As we all know pretendingto know what you don't know is the life blood of all religions.

So christians over to you. Now tell us:

If, as Christians have argued, there is a creator God that created everything and they are in a personal relationship with him and that they also communicate with him, then these questions should be answered very clearly:

How exactly did God create two separate genders, each with its own physiology?

Why did God chose sex?

Did God create sex by accident or did he intelligently create it? What mechanism did he use to create sex?

Modified:

How did God create female members of a species that produces eggs and is internally equipped to nourish a growing embryo, while at the same time evolving a male member that produces motile sperm cells? How did God do all these things?

And, further, how is it that these gametes (eggs and sperm) were conveniently created that they each contain half the normal chromosome number of somatic (body) cells? How did God create the cells? What did he use to create the cells and how did he go about it?

The christians should provide all the answers to these questions. This should be very easy since they claim to be in a personal relationship with God and they also communicate with him. They should simply ask him and let him provide them with the answers.

To the atheist in the house just sit back and watch. NONE of them will be able to provide any answers. God to them is just their default position for I DON'T KNOW.

Cc: danvon, iamwhat, mohemos, butterfly.l1on .

This exactly is my problem with the "goddidit" hypothesis, it doesn't answer any question but simply fills the gap with something that leads to more and more questions, questions they now can't answer at all but admit ignorance: the same ignorance they were trying hard to avoid by creating the goddidit hypothesis Ignotum per æque ignotum. In other words gods seem to be nothing more than a facade for ignorance.
This is why I'm always asking how "goddidit" is more parsimonious than any other explanations

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by dalaman: 3:44am On Feb 24, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

This exactly is my problem with the "goddidit" hypothesis, it doesn't answer any question but simply fills the gap with something that leads to more and more questions, questions they now can't answer at all but admit ignorance: the same ignorance they were trying hard to avoid by creating the goddidit hypothesis, In other words gods seem to be nothing more than a facade for ignorance.
This is why I'm always asking how "goddidit" is more parsimonious than any other explanations

God did it is their default position for I DON'T KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by frank317: 8:30am On Feb 24, 2018
iamwhat:

The Bible's answer is that GOD CREATED EVERYTHING OMNISCIENTLY!

The same u who is asking biologists how the reproductive organ was created is making this statement...

Whats the difference between these two statements:
- God created the reproductive organ
- the human reproductive organ evolved over time

Can u see how both answer lack details? Yet u are wise to asked evolutionists for details, but foolish enough not to ask God for details.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

god spoke to you.? what does his voice sound like?

Awesome!

The ear that you see when you look into the mirror was given to you, so that you can relate with your surroundings and people.

Don't expect to hear God with your natural ear for He is supernatural. Jesus is always speaking to your heart, listen to Him.
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by dalaman: 8:38am On Feb 24, 2018
frank317:

The same u who is asking biologists how the reproductive organ was created is making this statement...

Whats the difference between these two statements:
- God created the reproductive organ
- the human reproductive organ evolved over time

Can u see how both answer lack details? Yet u are wise to asked evolutionists for details, but foolish enough not to ask God for details.

He uses God did it to hide his ignorance while pretending to know what he doesn't. He wants the evolutionist to give him details about how things came to be, but can not ask his God whom he claims to communicate with regularly for details of how he created things. What kind of delusion is that?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by dalaman: 8:39am On Feb 24, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Awesome!

The ear that you see when you look into the mirror was given to you, so that you can relate with your surroundings and people.

Don't expect to hear God with your natural ear for He is supernatural. Jesus is always speaking to your heart, listen to Him.

How does Jesus speak to his heart , and how can he listen?
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by Emmanystone: 9:12am On Feb 24, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'm sure I've proven time and again why Yahweh is imaginary, I've always told you that I and everyone else would know if there's a god that wants us to know him without fellow humans having to hammer it into our heads and with that I cancel out all religious gods from A to Z starting with Yahweh
This is how you know? Lolzzzzzzz.
Has knowledge got another meaning?

To know means you have tried and proven thing. Pls where is the proof of your knowledge that YHWH doesn't exist?

Let me ask you. When Satan went to Jesus and said, 'Turn these Stones to bread and eat them, then i will believe you are a Son of God', Since Jesus didn't do as Satan commanded, meant Jesus was no longer a son of God okwaya?

God does not take commands or instructions satan you hear?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by Emmanystone: 9:15am On Feb 24, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I hope you know how to comprehend very well? I'm simply stating a fact that evolution theory has nothing to do with atheism, Atheism predates evolution theory and Darwin was never an atheist

OP's question is a scientific NOT atheistic one, I've educated a lot more people on this thread with that single post you quoted than all the theists here put together
Are you an atheist or an evolutionist? Which one?
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by dalaman: 9:20am On Feb 24, 2018
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

HopefulLandlord see question wey person dey ask you.

"Let me ask you. When Satan went to Jesus and said, 'Turn these Stones to bread and eat them, then i will believe you are a Son of God', Since Jesus didn't do as Satan commanded, meant Jesus was no longer a son of God okwaya? "

No be small thing. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 9:36am On Feb 24, 2018
dalaman:
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

HopefulLandlord see question wey person dey ask you.

"Let me ask you. When Satan went to Jesus and said, 'Turn these Stones to bread and eat them, then i will believe you are a Son of God', Since Jesus didn't do as Satan commanded, meant Jesus was no longer a son of God okwaya? "

No be small thing. grin cheesy

Bros, I tire o!
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 9:42am On Feb 24, 2018
Emmanystone:

Atheism has nothing to do with evolution theory, I've repeated this many times on this thread and that infact has been my primary message here. Conflating Evolution and atheism is akin to claiming rocket science is a Christianity claim
Atheism predates evolution and Darwin was never an atheist

To your question, Am I an atheist? yes

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by frank317: 10:03am On Feb 24, 2018
Emmanystone:

He is a musician.
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 10:06am On Feb 24, 2018
frank317:

He is a musician.

Lmao! I find it shocking that question is coming from someone who's gone through the thread
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by dalaman: 10:18am On Feb 24, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Lmao! I find it shocking that question is coming from someone who's gone through the thread

Willful ignorance na.
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by butterflyl1on: 10:37am On Feb 24, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Atheism has nothing to do with evolution theory, I've repeated this many times on this thread and that infact has been my primary message here. Conflating Evolution and atheism is akin to claiming rocket science is a Christianity claim
Atheism predates evolution and Darwin was never an atheist

To your question, Am I an atheist? yes

You are not an atheist you are an agnostic.

When asked about the existence of God you always say I DONT KNOW. But when asked about Yahweh you always say he does not exist.

An atheist disbelieves in the existence of God or gods . You on the other hand neither disbelieves nor believes so you are an agnostic.

You base your assertions on knowledge and not a disregard of one.

So claiming you are an atheist is absurd and it shows you do not even know what you are grin

To you Yahweh isn't God but there might be a God who isn't Yahweh. This is totally at variance with atheism which says THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GOD (regardless of whatever name).

You are also not an agnostic atheist because An agnostic atheist doesn't believe in any gods but you always say there may be a god but it definitely isn't Yahweh.

So stop claiming to be an atheist when you are simply just an agnostic.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:54am On Feb 24, 2018
dalaman:

How does Jesus speak to his heart , and how can he listen?

His voice to our heart is calm and low, if you are not focus on Him you won't hear Him.

He needs your full concentration and focus. You must stay your mind on Him in other to hear Him.
Secondly,we must respond through faith in thanksgiving.
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 24, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Awesome!

is your heart supernatural? I haven't heard Jesus speak or anyone to my heart. heart is just an organ that pumps and distributes blood ok
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:19am On Feb 24, 2018
Proudgorgeousga:

is your heart supernatural? I haven't heard Jesus speak or anyone to my heart. heart is just an organ that pumps and distributes blood ok

She doesn't even know who she is. Identity crisis!

Dear, you are spirit being with a soul{mind} and a body. Who you see when you stand before a mirror is not you, it is your earth suit{body} that enables you to relate with your environment..

You will surely put it off at death, then you will know that what you think you are is not what you are. Everytime I speak of heart, I am not talking about that organ pumping in between your chest.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

She doesn't even know who she is. Identity crisis!

Dear, you are spirit being with a soul{mind} and a body. Who you see when you stand before a mirror is not you, it is your earth suit{body} that enables you to relate with your environment..

You will surely put it off at death, then you will know that what you think you are is not what you are. Everytime I speak of heart, I am not talking about that organ pumping in between your chest.

your mind is your brain, where is the evidence for a soul existing?

when we speak of heart what do you really mean? how can I connect

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by dalaman: 11:51am On Feb 24, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

His voice to our heart is calm and low, if you are not focus on Him you won't hear Him.

He needs your full concentration and focus. You must stay your mind on Him in other to hear Him.

grin grin. Hopefullandlord come and see o. grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by dalaman: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2018
butterflyl1on:

You are not an atheist you are an agnostic.

When asked about the existence of God you always say I DONT KNOW. But when asked about Yahweh you always say he does not exist.

An atheist disbelieves in the existence of God or gods . You on the other hand neither disbelieves nor believes so you are an agnostic.

You base your assertions on knowledge and not a disregard of one.

So claiming you are an atheist is absurd and it shows you do not even know what you are grin

To you Yahweh isn't God but there might be a God who isn't Yahweh. This is totally at variance with atheism which says THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GOD (regardless of whatever name).

You are also not an agnostic atheist because An agnostic atheist doesn't believe in any gods but you always say there may be a god but it definitely isn't Yahweh.

So stop claiming to be an atheist when you are simply just an agnostic.

The lies this one keeps telling himself about others so that he can sleep well at night. Well done.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by frank317: 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

How then can one have a meaningful conversation with such an individual?
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by frank317: 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

This is too petty for a creator who created mouth but cannot talk.
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
dalaman:

grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 12:44pm On Feb 24, 2018
dalaman:

grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by hopefulLandlord: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2018
dalaman:

grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by dalaman: 1:06pm On Feb 24, 2018
frank317:

He said God's voice is calm and low. grin grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2018
frank317:

You know better than the one who created you. 'Clap for yourself.'
"Pride comes before a fal.l"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Man Who Practices Multiple Religion. / Don't Feed Your Self With Worldly Information Or Knowledge. / Christians, Satanist And Atheist I Pity You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.