Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels - Satellite TV Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels (74033 Views)

Price Of A New Startimes Decoder And Installation / Current Prices Of Strong Decoder And Th Models.e / Watch Free Cable Channels And All Religious Programmes Free Thru MY TV DECODER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by microgiant: 9:44am On Jul 07, 2010
Admiralty2:

OBSERVATION ! OBSERVATION ! malix, can you please tell me if rain interrupt or affect the star Times signal.because almost everytime if rain falls i do experience pause signal.That is, the viewing do pause.No such pause when there is no rain.What can some do to rectify this problem when such rises

That is one of the disadvantages of DTT (Digital Terrestrial Television)

Digital Terrestrial Television (DTTV or DTT) is the technological evolution and advance from analogue terrestrial television, which broadcasts land based (terrestrial) signals. The purpose of digital terrestrial television, similar to digital versus analogue in other platforms such as cable, satellite, telecoms, is characterized by reduced use of spectrum and more capacity than analogue, better-quality picture, lower operating cost for broadcast and transmission after the initial upgrade costs.  A terrestrial implementation of digital television technology uses aerial broadcasts to a conventional antenna (or aerial) instead of a satellite dish or cable connection.

Competing variants of digital terrestrial television technology are used around the world.  Advanced Television Standards Committee ATSC is the one used in North America and South Korea, an evolution from the analogue National Television Standards Committee standard NTSC.  ISDB-T is ued in Japan, with a variation of it used in Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Chile, Venezuela, Ecuador and most recently Costa Rica and Paraguay, while DVB-T is the most prevalent, covering Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Colombia, Uruguay and some countries of Africa. DMB-T/H is China's own standard (including Hong Kong, though Hong Kong's cable operators use DVB); the rest of the world remains mostly undecided, many evaluating multiple standards.  ISDB-T is very similar to DVB-T and can share frond-end receiver and demodulor components.  The United States of America has switched from Analogue to Digital terrestrial television, as have several European countries, with the rest hoping to have completed the switch over mostly by 2012.

ADVANTAGES:
1. Digital reception tends to be better overall, particularly with a good signal. With a weaker signal there is little perceptible
   difference, in fact  analogue can be better.
2. It is easier to obtain the optimum digital picture than the optimum analogue picture.
3. Many more channels can fit on the digital transmission.
4. Interactive (red button) services can be provided.

DISADVANTAGES:
1. New equipment (set-top box) may be required.  [some Plasma and LCD TVs now come with Digital turners and smartcard/CAM slots]
2. Increased electricity consumption by the digital receiving equipment if both TV and additional set-top box is plugged.
3. An upgrade antenna installation may be required. [if you are close to the broadcasting antenna, an internal antenna will work fine]
4. Analogue requires lower signal strength to get a viewable picture. By extension, digital does not degrade as gracefully as analogue.
   For example, with lower signal strength an analogue picture gets fuzzy (but is viewable) while a digital picture freezes and stops updating.

5. Switching channels is slower because of the time delays in decoding digital signals.

source: Wikipedia (note sentences highlighted in RED are mine - microgiant)

what you are experiencing is No 4 of disadvantages.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by GeorgeD1(m): 7:04pm On Jul 07, 2010
microgiant,
that was a good one. cheers!
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by dobodobo(m): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2010
Still on the matter, everything seems boring cause I am not getting E star and Real Star in LAGOS
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by twinskenny(m): 11:45am On Jul 08, 2010
@microgiant

Nice write up/
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by tivta(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
Am back again with questions. Does the decoder feature electronic programme guide like that off DSTV?
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by tivta(m): 11:27am On Jul 09, 2010
Any body here? Am i talking to my self? Please any the above question. Curiosity is killing me,
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by microgiant: 11:51am On Jul 09, 2010
tivta:

Any body here? Am i talking to my self? Please any the above question. Curiosity is killing me,
Yes EPG is possible but it has to be done by star tv, in fact interactive services are possible with digital terrestrial tv. If you check most of the tv remote controls, there is button for teletext, but in africa broadcasters have not been utilizing teletext capabilities.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by tivta(m): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2010
Tanx microgaint.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 09, 2010
I APPRECIATE ALL COMMENTS MADE ON THIS POST SO FAR, THANKS TO YOU ALL. PLEASE FOR THOSE OUTSIDE LAGOS, EXCEPT FOR ABUJA STARTIMES IS NOT PRESENTLY OPERATIONAL IN OTHER STATES DON'T LET ANY BODY FOOL YOU OR LIE TO YOU. THEY ARE ON IT PRESENTLY. THEIR ENGINEERS ARE WORKING ON IT IN PORT-HARCOURT, OGUN,IBADAN,KADUNNA AND SOME OTHER STATES PRESENTLY, I WILL KEEP THE HOUSE POSTED AS THINGS PROGRESS. BUT BE ASSURED THAT FROM THIS MONTH, THEIR WILL BE RECEPTION IN SOME OTHER PLACES, THANKS

mathew
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Bolaraji: 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
Anyone to help me out pls. I was able to recharge but still not able to view any of of d channels
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Admiralty2: 12:05am On Jul 10, 2010
Bolaraji@, Hope you smart card is not mistaking placed on different star time decoder.Though error of placing one particular card into another with different serial decoder number do occur.If you continue to experience this problem.I'll urge you to contact STAR TIME HEADQUATERS at Fatai Atere, matori,mushin for assistance inlieu of online help.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Admiralty2: 12:07am On Jul 10, 2010
When is E-STAR Coming LIVE on star times
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by dobodobo(m): 4:44am On Jul 10, 2010
Admiralty2:

When is E-STAR Coming LIVE on star times
before the arrival of Jesus Christ
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Admiralty2: 8:44pm On Jul 10, 2010
Please Keep mute if no answer.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by ajayilagos: 10:57am On Jul 11, 2010
Admiralty2:

Please Keep mute if no answer.
either mute or mutiu but I guess MALIX has run away.Star time should help uswith Nigeria channels movies and not chi chan chu
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Bolaraji: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2010
@Malix I have taken the decoder to their headquaters at Mushin, it works fine but when I got home again no signal, no channels. I think may be what I need is antenna or what do u think?
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by dobodobo(m): 12:32pm On Jul 14, 2010
Mallix, you have let me down, where is the e-star
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by martinlala(m): 12:39pm On Jul 14, 2010
Real-star and e-star is still showing in Abuja.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by niddamugu(m): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2010
i have followed recent posts/remarks about startimes tv and i think it's hightime i made my comment on it. the system came in at a time when the financial situation is not so good and people want to still keep in touch with events around the globe. i have seen the channels and they are not significantly different from other satellite tv providers except for the LIVE channels. i give the initiators thumbs up for providing such facilities at this financially trying time. i think on the whole they get an A+

1. very simple technology
2. no dish required
3. equipment quite affordable
4. no special skill required for installation
5. channel list not different from what others offer
6. subscription - very cheap and competitive

one thing is certain and that is we nigerians like something new - new car, new phone, new GSM provider, new sim, just name it. there is no crime trying this one out.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by ncpat(m): 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2010
where is the star tv website
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by niddamugu(m): 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2010
still searching. but this is the closest found. http://www.startimes.com.cn/en/
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Hotwire(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2010
Bolaraji:

@Malix I have taken the decoder to their headquaters at Mushin, it works fine but when I got home again no signal, no channels. I think may be what I need is antenna or what do u think?

@Bolaraji
Your problem is weak signals experienced in your location. Pls use a good external antenna eg Binatone or buy from them. And when it rains or cloudy expect poor reception or cracking pictures.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by dobodobo(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2010
We need E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR, E-STAR.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by twinskenny(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2010
@dobodobo

what is this about E star>??
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by femo7(m): 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2010
Copy and paste
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by niddamugu(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2010
surprised - E-Star and a couple of other channels were added early this morning.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by Stevo30: 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2010
They added three channels and removed three while etv one or two other channels are blank. one step forward, two steps backward
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by niddamugu(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2010
yes - more channels were added today but after 27, the next channel is 44. what happened to the other nos?,
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by switched(m): 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2010
MGM, nickelodeon and E! entertainment have all gone blank for 2 days. While jctv, child smile and abmoteurs have completely disappeared. Na wa o.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by tivta(m): 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2010
just as i was saving money to buy the box. Pls what channels are you guys getting on the 1k package.
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by switched(m): 9:22pm On Jul 24, 2010
The channels showing at the moment are:
NTA NEWS24
STVE2
STVC
NTA Lagos
channels
galaxy
tvc
mitv
e-star
NTA Entertainment
Real Star
NTA Sports
NTA Education
CCTV News
BBC World news
Trace Tropical
Al jazeera
France 24 english
BET
ETV
Setanta Africa
C Music
Kidsco
Animaux
TBN
STVE1
Phoenix
VOX Africa
MTV Base
Discovery world
CCTV4
Fashion tv
Re: Get Your Star Tv Decoder And Watch 40 Cable Channels by tivta(m): 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2010
@switched. Tanx. I hope when i buy i get all those channels with 1k per month. The saving continues smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

STARTIMES DECODER Now 7,000 Naira PLUS 1 MONTH FREE SUBSCRIPTION / UNLOCK X3 iDirect EVOLUTION MODEM @ A BEST PRICE ! !! !!! / Free Satellite Channels Receivable In Nigeria/west Africa/africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.