Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) - Politics (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) (62083 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode To Okorocha: 'Judas Of Igboland, Stop Crying' / Peter Obi An Iconic Son Of Igboland - Gov. Ugwuanyi / "Buhari Is Truly Enyioma1 Of Igboland With The Quality Of Awka-Enugu Expressway" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Doublecheck: 10:27am On Mar 04, 2018
Nonaira3:

Reread your nonsense post and tell me if your subliminal insult necessary.
nonaira, malawain did not mean to take jabs at Ibuzor or any part of Igboland for that matter, I do understand that you feel insulted that he described it as development inside bush and all that, but, no it was not an insult many Igbo towns are like that, and I find it very beautiful, that's what separates our villages from our cities and gives a different feel when you travel from like of Aba, Owerri, Onitsha to Okija, Ibuzor, Afikpo for the Xmas holiday.

I am from Akwa Etiti and I can tell you we have more beautiful mansions surrounded with our farms too for the purpose of domestic farming, cattle raring and other purposes, this however does not stop Awka Etiti from being one of the most beautiful towns in Igboland with Abiribaba and Oguta as a strong contender.

This gives Igbo town's an European or American kind of country view which is beautiful and if you must know its our culture we did not copy it from the white maybe they copied it from us, if you remember there are books Written by white colonialist and missionaries that described Igboland and people as (surrounding their homes with lush green lands and farms giving our towns a serenic and beautiful view).

This is also why we have scattered settlement in the East unlike the west where you have concentrated settlements, see what it turned Ibadan and other yoruba towns too. Looking at the standard of a mansion by what European or American mansions look like, one will appreciate our towns, their mansion's cover expanse of lands with trees and farms like you find in our towns, see Will Smith, Messi or Richard (owner of Virgin) mansion etc same apply in their country homes. All those beautiful structures in lekki, VI and Banana Island on one or two plot of land cannot in the real sense be described as mansions as they don't meet the criteria.

Personally, I think you owe Malaysian an apology cause sincerely you can see he does not even know what he did wrong. He just wants to see those mansions lined up like we have in Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Awka, etc but he failed to realized that Ibuzor is not a city but another beautiful Igbo Country home littered with mansions in farms. That's the beauty of Igbo villages. Till today we tap every palm wine we drink in the village in our compound and surrounding farms and its always fun to watch.

I rest my case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by ChimaAdeoye: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2018

We need an innovative system to provide water in our cities and villages.
The past methods of building mighty water works systems to provide water to entire cities or Greater Onitsha water scheme to provide regional water supply has failed because the concept was too complicated and our management system based on government was guaranteed to fail.

In the United States small communities or towns often come together to provide their own potable water system. This is a simple system whereby the community sinks a bore-hole at a designated place and pumps the water in an overhead storage tank. The water then flows by gravity from the tank into the various homes in that community. This is a simple technology that will work very well in our environment where people understand the need for self help projects. And no need for too much government intervention to provide their own constant portable water supply.

Concrete water tanks as in the picture may be easier for our bricklayers and plumbers to construct with local technology.

This simple system can solve the potable water issue in many cities and villages. There is no need to build mighty water works systems that are too expensive and too complicated for local manpower to maintain. Instead let landlords’ association be organized by government and 200-500 building in each neighborhood will come together and sink their own borehole and set up the overhead tank. The water from the tank is then piped to the various buildings who are members of that project. When about 200-500 3 or 4 storey building can come together to share the cost of sinking a proper deep borehole in a central location and pipe the water to the homes which are part of the project, the cost of the project per family may be as little as mere N2,000 naira to raise about N10 million naira for the project! A city like Enugu or Owerri can have about 10 of these neighborhood water systems supplying specific street. Onitsha and Aba can have about 20 in each city. Also medium sized towns and villages can come together use the same system to provide water for the entire town or multiple villages that subscribe to the project.

Then, a system to place water meters in front of each compound to measure their water usage by each building for billing purposes is implemented. This neighborhood water systems will also create employment, while also ensuring the constant supply of portable water at affordable prices for all. Not to mention of the fact that it will stop spread of water borne diseases.

I hope the SE governors immediately put machinery in place as well as engage philanthropists and Landlords associations to begin choosing appropriate sites in each neighborhood to implement a neighborhood water supply system co-managed by that state and the landlords association in each neighborhood.We must end the era of water scarcity in our environment.

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Ugosample(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2018
hurricaneChris:
May God keep us all alive to see the reconstruction of NE Nigeria even with the help of their North-East Development commission.
Though two different cases.

1. Government fought against the Igbos between 1967-70

2. But Government is fighting for NE.

I beat my chest everyday and shout how proud i am to be Igbo.

Anybody who tries to keep her on the ground MUST stay on the ground with her

One thing certain:
In the next 50years, North-East Nigeria can NEVER be like the current Igbo land.

This isn't a technical speech
I'm a realist

the north east indeed needs help
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Ugosample(m): 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
Alariiwo:
Yorubas rebuilt Igboland to what it is today.

During Gowon's re-integration program for igbos, chunk of the money used cane from SW and part from SS Oil.

If left alone, Igbos wouldn't have survived up to six months #Fact.

Yet you lots are so ungrateful for the kind gesture from Nigerians.

what is this one talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Xander85: 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2018
NegroArea:
Enugu may actually be the greenest city in Igboland.

Not maybe....it is! With Owerri coming a distant second!
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Xander85: 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2018
Asquare84:
The question I ask why all this beautiful scenery in Enugu is not replicated in nsukka

If Nsukka had received half the attention and investments from the fed' gov't that other university towns like Zaria received, i'm sure it would look much better today. Though Ugwuanyi is trying....he's spruced the town up a bit with rehabilitated roads and street lights.
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Binikingdowm: 6:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
wizzakosh:
In my listing of IT company, Paga, own by Tayo oviosu. I did not claim him as yoruba, despite his yoruba name Tayo. His other name made me believe he is edo. Cos we cannot take other peopl's glory. Jim ovia is not an igboman, no meaning for ovia in in igbo. He is edo man from delta.
hmm interesting igbo like claiming other people.. please tell me more companies created by Edo men or women
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by AmeLonRo(m): 10:00am On Mar 14, 2019
Re: Miraculous Recovery Of Igboland with 20pounds from genocide and Civilwar(photos) by Odingo1: 10:05am On Mar 14, 2019
Binikingdowm:
hmm interesting igbo like claiming other people.. please tell me more companies created by Edo men or women
Jim Ovia is a Delta Igbo

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

Sen. Abdullahi Adamu Removed His Face Mask, Sneezes Into The Air (Video) / I Am Okay, I Can Wrestle With Anybody- Buhari / Saraki Watching Spain Vs Russia Match Today. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.