Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? (76742 Views)

Poll: What's Your Preference?

BMW X5: 43% (52 votes)
Mercedes Benz ML: 32% (39 votes)
Audi Q7: 16% (20 votes)
Volkswagen Touareg: 6% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Honda Accord 2005 Model V6 Vs Mercedes Benz C240 2003 Model / Toyota Camry 1997 2.2 Xle Vs Bmw E36(318i) Vs Mercedes C220 / Bmw760li Vs. Mercedes S63 The Beast Versus The Wild Cat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by kemisuga(f): 9:37am On Apr 28, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I need any one please, even if it is 2000 model grin
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by legba1(m): 9:41am On Apr 28, 2010
i go with the BMW any time and day.let it be ml 2010 or watever.its still no match for those machines called BMW.havent seen that x6 before thou,meenn,it must be heaven taking a ride in that sturf.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by BynoBaba: 9:51am On Apr 28, 2010
Oga Siena,

You cannot post the picture of a 1998 ML and place same beside a 2009 X5.

Let people see what the X5 is truely up against so that they can decide properly (so that those with money can go and buy the benz)

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Ultrame(m): 9:54am On Apr 28, 2010
Byno Baba:

Oga Siena,

You cannot post the picture of a 1998 ML and place same beside a 2009 X5.

Let people see what the X5 is truely up against so that they can decide properly (so that those with money can go and buy the benz)

^^^^
LoL. We've seen the ML 2010 model and we still prefer the '09 X5!
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by xcolanto(m): 10:07am On Apr 28, 2010
Byno Baba if u like post the pic of a 2015 ML man Bemma all the way!! cool cool
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by bisiaet: 10:15am On Apr 28, 2010
I like BMW X5 as a particular brand but in total comparison with Mercedez brands I think Mercedez are more super and reliable, above all I just belief it is all a matter of choice for individual, and to buy what you can afford without breaking bank or go other way(!!!!!!!!)
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Ultrame(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2010
bisiaet:

I like BMW X5 as a particular brand but in total comparison with Mercedez brands I think Mercedez are more super and reliable, above all I just belief it is all a matter of choice for individual, and to buy what you can afford without breaking bank or go other way(!!!!!!!!)
^^^
Nicely said. MOD, i think we need a poll. i'll like to see the X5 tear the ML apart once and for all.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 28, 2010
For me, both cars compete head to head. smiley
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 28, 2010
Goddamnit where the hell was this thread, I misssssssssssssss so much, as y'all know I coming in with efficiency of the both,

There was an off road test (Race on very very rough terrain) for SUVs 2009 of all grades on MBC 4 ; you can mention the Jeeps involved, alotta them, I mean SUV companies sent in their best rides.

But the results came in d order below;

1. Audi Q7
2. Volkswagen Toeureg  ----- I cannot not play with this ride.
3. Hummer H1 not the H2

4. Mercedes Benz M500, d box one not the ML
5. Land Rover defender
7. Jeep

The SUV that represented BM was their X5 and it did not make it because but broke down, why? cos the SUV these guys claim to give its buyers are not SUV as the word incites but are luxury rides after all the buyer hardly uses it off road to check its capabilities. The number of American SUVs that broke down in the tournament was outrageous.

So why rag about cars that are not worth to be called SUV, car companies must make monies from people who cannot afford the likes of the Q7 and the M500 and so on the real SUVs My assessment for the ML and the X5 are undervalued, but value enough for the money spent to buy it,  I go for Toeureg instead since its in a class of the big guys but also cheaper.  lipsrsealed
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by xcolanto(m): 11:11am On Apr 28, 2010
Now tell me this is not a machine!!!! shocked shocked

Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by baslone: 11:52am On Apr 28, 2010
Two great machines!!! Huh!! wink
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by teeluv(m): 12:04pm On Apr 28, 2010
BMW X5 most definitely,

but i heard it has issues,
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by calabaman(m): 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2010
@Siena, dats a no brainer for me i will go for a beemer than a merc ML.Nice thread
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by platinumnk(f): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2010
LOL
xcolanto:

Byno Baba if u like post the pic of a 2015 ML man Bemma all the way!! cool cool

I seen a few of X6's and I dont like it, the design looks they couldn't decide whether they wanted a car or a SUV lipsrsealed
Even though X6 is higher, the X5 is more visually appealing tongue

People are really tearing up MercedesBenz grin
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by ilosiwaju: 1:05pm On Apr 28, 2010
For me, if it's a benz then that's all! It's just a thing.
wink
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by xcolanto(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2010
platinumnk:

LOL
I seen a few of X6's and I dont like it, the design looks they couldn't decide whether they wanted a car or a SUV lipsrsealed
Even though X6 is higher, the X5 is more visually appealing tongue

People are really tearing up MercedesBenz grin

well the fact that it has a multiple personality is what appeals to most bema lovers! tongue so somedays you see it as an SUV and the others a car! grin grin
cheers for repping the x5 doe! wink wink
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by arsenal4va(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2010
ML ALL THE WAY ,
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by arsenal4va(m): 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2010
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by arsenal4va(m): 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2010
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by xcolanto(m): 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2010
arsenal4va would u stop spamming this thread! with those trash!! angry angry angry angry MODS ARE U SLEEPING?? grin grin
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 28, 2010
^^^^
Now that's a machine.

I'd take an ML in a 10km race while giving the BM driver a 1km head start.
I'd still beat the finish line with about 5mins.

Power + Elegance = ML
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by arsenal4va(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2010
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Gifo(m): 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2010
Well, I do wonder if the answers given here are just based on aspirations? You know, the response here would seemingly suggest that everywhere you go in Nigeria you'll see BMW X5; but I tell you Benz ML is what I see on Nigerian roads more, even the new models. So people hate it this much and we still see it all over? I'm amazed.

I thought that the common parlance in an average Nigerian here in Nigeria is that BMW are too electrical and are very complex to maintain, only good when new. That's what I hear really. So that's why I asked, if its the ideal wish that we are actually expressing here and not the real situation on ground.

I do like the X6 though, saw it in PHC. But for value I think Audi Q7 is an all-rounder.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by platinumnk(f): 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2010
xcolanto:

well the fact that it has a multiple personality is what appeals to most bema lovers! tongue so somedays you see it as an SUV and the others a car! grin grin
cheers for repping the x5 doe! wink wink
take the name brand off and remove the gadgets and fancy stuff, you will find that it is a ugly car.
Just like Camry and Lexus and many other cars copy the same body shape of each other,
The other manufacturers versions of the X6 is just as ugly, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't waste my money.

Just like the ML is not appealing, so is the X6, and as for Beamers, its doesnt even sell as much, and this is talking from traveling to wealthy areas where Beamers are like toyotas.

Sorry the ML 2010 is still ugly, just has a prettier Benz sign, I rather spend on a Range tongue
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by platinumnk(f): 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2010
Gifo:

Well, I do wonder if the answers given here are just based on aspirations? You know, the response here would seemingly suggest that everywhere you go in Nigeria you'll see BMW X5; but I tell you Benz ML is what I see on Nigerian roads more, even the new models. So people hate it this much and we still see it all over? I'm amazed.

I thought that the common parlance in an average Nigerian here in Nigeria is that BMW are too electrical and are very complex to maintain, only good when new. That's what I hear really. So that's why I asked, if its the ideal wish that we are actually expressing here and not the real situation on ground.

I do like the X6 though, saw it in PHC. But for value I think Audi Q7 is an all-rounder.
Why do you think Everyone lives in Nigeria on here?
And the OP doesnt live in Nigeria either if you have actually read the thread undecided
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Kay999(m): 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2010
Ranks007:

Goddamnit where the hell was this thread, I misssssssssssssss so much, as y'all know I coming in with efficiency of the both,

There was an off road test (Race on very very rough terrain) for SUVs 2009 of all grades on MBC 4 ; you can mention the Jeeps involved, alotta them, I mean SUV companies sent in their best rides.

But the results came in d order below;

1. Audi Q7
2. Volkswagen Toeureg ----- I cannot not play with this ride.
3. Hummer H1 not the H2

4. Mercedes Benz M500, d box one not the ML
5. Land Rover defender
7. Jeep

The SUV that represented BM was their X5 and it did not make it because but broke down, why? cos the SUV these guys claim to give its buyers are not SUV as the word incites but are luxury rides after all the buyer hardly uses it off road to check its capabilities. The number of American SUVs that broke down in the tournament was outrageous.

So why rag about cars that are not worth to be called SUV, car companies must make monies from people who cannot afford the likes of the Q7 and the M500 and so on the real SUVs My assessment for the ML and the X5 are undervalued, but value enough for the money spent to buy it, I go for Toeureg instead since its in a class of the big guys but also cheaper. lipsrsealed

According to BMW, X5 is more of a Sports Activity Vehicle than a regular SUV. It is optimized for on-road (pavement) rather than off-road driving.

I'd like to see a test with the same lineup of SUVs on a race track.

I bet the X5 will beat them all hands down.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2010
take the name brand off and remove the gadgets and fancy stuff, you will find that it is a ugly car.
Just like Camry and Lexus and many other cars copy the same body shape of each other,
The other manufacturers versions of the X6 is just as ugly, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't waste my money.

Just like the ML is not appealing, so is the X6, and as for Beamers, its doesnt even sell as much, and this is talking from traveling to wealthy areas where Beamers are like toyotas.

Sorry the ML 2010 is still ugly, just has a prettier Benz sign, I rather spend on a Range

Thank God i'm not the only one who thinks the X6 is ugly.

The Range is not all that fine.
Even the ugly X6 if finer.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Dozzy3(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2010
The first time wey i enter 2010 ML i humble cheesy, the first time wey i see BM X6 i die wake up grinnote i just see i no enter, what if i enter? BM any day
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Gifo(m): 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2010
Platinumnk
My observation was based on what I see here in naija. I don't thrill for any of them SUVs, but I like the Q7. I know that OP is in the UK, and his contributions are well Nigerianised even though he's there(i don live and work there--oo). The fact is that I didn't really know X5 has such admiration and following, and I'm equating what I see with what I'm reading; easy. lol

Q7 is a big brother to Touareg, and It's a nice machine.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by Ultrame(m): 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2010
Dozzy 3:

The first time wey i enter 2010 ML i humble cheesy, the first time wey i see BM X6 i die wake up grinnote i just see i no enter, what if i enter? BM any day
^^^
UNGKMWL HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by chidichris(m): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2010
it all depends on choice, who u are, what you are and what you can afford.

to buy, mercedes is a bit more expensive than bmw but to maintain, bmw is very very expensive compare to mercedes.

if you want to see the comfort of an suv, i suggest an x5 shld be ur destination.

like i said, the major problem of x5 is maintainance as it is very very expensive to maintain.

ml is built for duration while x5 is built for class and comfort that is from interior to exterior.
Re: BMW X5 Vs Mercedes-Benz ML - Which Would You Choose? by platinumnk(f): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2010
Gifo:

Platinumnk
My observation was based on what I see here in naija. I don't thrill for any of them SUVs, but I like the Q7. I know that OP is in the UK, and his contributions are well Nigerianised even though he's there(i don live and work there--oo). The fact is that I didn't really know X5 has such admiration and following, and I'm equating what I see with what I'm reading; easy. lol

LOL ok, if everybody drives a ML I still wouldnt like it.  grin

BlueDiva:

Thank God i'm not the only one who thinks the X6 is ugly.

The Range is not all that fine.
Even the ugly X6 if finer.

u mean this?   tongue

I like the 2006-2008 models, I'm not fond of the slight body modifications they made to the new models lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

$28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) / Sex In The Car And Its Consequences / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.