Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,315 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari (53536 Views)

Peace Corps Members Protest In Benue, Urge Buhari To Give Assent To Peace Corps / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Pascal181: 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
This is not a good omen for a government that prides itself as government that creates employment opportunities
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Mayflowa(m): 3:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
I think this is a wise statement by Buhari. We need more police force rather than Peace corps. They won't be respected by Nigerians and there would be tendencies to abuse their powers. There should be community policing. There should be police in every nook and crannies of the state.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Boyooosa(m): 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
adadike281:
You withheld it because u are simply a scourge meant to punish Nigerians
Even if he approves it without considering any logic, your comment will still remain the same. I know you very well, YOU are what YOU are...

13 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by gen2briz(m): 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
FUNKE!!!
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
who cares what you do or not do, just go to your 150 Cows...diversionary tactics from the Dapochi 110 OR 105, the religious crisis in Kaduna, the sidelining of Tinubu.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Reader530(m): 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
Spaxon:
USELESS OLD MAN
Sorry bro, are u a peace Corp volunteer too?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by adadike281(f): 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
Boyooosa:

Even if he approves it without considering any logic, your comment will still remain the same. I know you very well, YOU are what YOU are...
you know me too well. come, are u a psychologist?
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by buhariguy(m): 4:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
sirequity:
But there is $1billion to fight Boko Haram baa?
that is why idiotic pigs of Biafra cannot govern if given the chance

2 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Rotjijatau(m): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2018
Na today duplication of duty start for Nigeria? That's a senseless reason.
E.g.

1. The President has a SSA who has a P.A the P.A also has his own P.A

2. A minister has a SSA & P.A, his junior minister also has his SSA & P.A, the same ministry also has a Permanent secretary who in turn also has his own P.A etc. Which duplication of duty pass that one.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Spaxon(f): 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2018
Reader530:

Sorry bro, are u a peace Corp volunteer too?
no, but he wont sign that thing so that those kids can at least put food on their table
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Lagbaja01(m): 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
I hope the organization is willing to refund participants money oo
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by sprints1: 4:04pm On Feb 27, 2018
olasunkanmii:
I guess this is where the road ends. Dia ris God o. I've spent almost 100k. Time and money wasted! The hustling continues.
someone I know has spent more than 300k on it so bro u are not alone

3 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Adefemiaderoju1: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
Well good decision so far
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Kobicove(m): 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
anyimontana:
In a sane country,all d money will be returned to the poor candidates..
They've bin defrauded.. Korokoro

Most of them went into it with their eyes wide open cos they were warned that the Peace Corps thing is a big scam

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Gbadeyan1: 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
I still don't understand the need for peace CORP f
Till date. How can a man register an organization as an NGO and start training them to be security men few years later. It's not done anywhere. The commandant should return all the money he collected from jobless Nigerian.

8 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Realdeals(m): 4:07pm On Feb 27, 2018
olasunkanmii:
I guess this is where the road ends. Dia ris God o. I've spent almost 100k. Time and money wasted! The hustling continues.

Akor scammed you!
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Ekakamba: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2018
adadike281:
You withheld it because u are simply a scourge meant to punish Nigerians
Don't let unemployment frustration swallow you. Lets tell ourselves the truth for once. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by verygudbadguy(m): 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
Duplication, it is.... We can't have Police, Customs, Civil defence and the rest of them and still create Peace corp. What would be their job?

We can't keep creating unnecessary organisations because we want to create employment without considering its sustainability.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Koolking(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2018
Peace Corps would be another initiative for financial hemorrhage.

It's a fact, Nigerians join these organisations to escape unemployment as opposed to passion to serve. The Nigerian Police Force leave much to be desired. Why add another one if the existing ones are not effective and efficient? Dearth of personnel and equipment faced by existing ones can be re-enforced through effective recruitment process and wholesome revamping of the system.

There are too many of these paramilitary security outfits in Nigeria becoming a menace instead of supplement and backup to the police and the military. They all will still toe the path of the police if the existing ones are not checkmated.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Newmanluckyman(m): 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2018
...but you promised Nigerians one million jobs yearly.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by alasco1(m): 4:12pm On Feb 27, 2018
AishaBuhari:
They should collapse Peace Corps into the police force

COLLAPSE bawo.... Ah grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by obailala(m): 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
What is peace corps? What is NSCDC? Probably another bribe taking force.. Nonsense!
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Koolking(m): 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
Mayflowa:
I think this is a wise statement by Buhari. We need more police force rather than Peace corps. They won't be respected by Nigerians and there would be tendencies to abuse their powers. There should be community policing. There should be police in every nook and crannies of the state.

I couldn't agree more. Let the applicants join the Police, and there is need to revamp the Police for effectiveness

2 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by anyimontana(m): 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
Kobicove:

Most of them went into it with their eyes wide open cos they were warned that the Peace Corps thing is a big scam
all d people I sponsored don enter voicemail..atleast I played my part..
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Oponel1962: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2018
How many people to one security man in Nigeria? Reduce the salaries of the elected and use it to fund peace Corp, Nigeria will be better off with good security and gainfully employed youths.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by vineyardfarms: 4:15pm On Feb 27, 2018
AishaBuhari:
They should collapse Peace Corps into the police force

THE POLICE LACK INTERGRITY, THEREFORE LET THE PEACE CORP TAKE OVER FROM THEM!
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Deo1986(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
Truth is Peace Corps is not neccessary....

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by DollarAngel(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
What will Peace Corps offer sef?

We have NPF, Armed Forces, NIMASA, DSS, NIA, FRSC, NSCDC and others.

What impact will Dickson's Peace Corps bring?

I remember Dickson. He hijacked my Secondary school in 1990 in the name of Cadet Corps. Had to be pursued from the school. I will not go into the rubbish that went on in that school while he held sway.

I'm surprised he's still at it after all these years.

You are a typical Nigerian
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by teebaxy(m): 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2018
and it is better for ur legislature to earn that much
Chidonc:

Aunty do you know Tribalism and hate is toxic to your health, what is the use of peace corps when federal government is still having problems paying existing salaries, I know you don't like buhari neither do I, but learn to call a spade a spade

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Turns Father Christmas On Christmas Day. Gives Out Food Items / Kaduna Lawmakers Fight, Exchange Blows As Hazo, Deputy Speaker Is Impeached / President Buhari's Cancelled Trip To Ogoni; Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.