Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,292 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari (53535 Views)

Peace Corps Members Protest In Benue, Urge Buhari To Give Assent To Peace Corps / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Aircondition(m): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
anyimontana:
In a sane country,all d money will be returned to the poor candidates..
They've bin defrauded.. Korokoro

Nobody defrauded Nobody, We all Knew it was a gamble.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by blinkz4real: 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
You all are against it because u did not hv d opportunity 2 be part of those 2 be absorbed so ur so happy dt he dint sign it. #wickedhrts. Dnt bother 2 quote me cos I hv a well paying job am jst concerned abt my fellas who re lukin up 2 dis jab.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by vitality22(m): 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2018
hmmm
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by vitality22(m): 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2018
Spaxon:
USELESS OLD MAN
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chai, the thing pain you well well grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by ollyruffy: 4:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
What surprised me is how the national assembly passed that kind of a useless bill. Those lootmakers are jokes mehn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Chidonc(m): 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
teebaxy:
and it is better for ur legislature to earn that much
No sir, but we must start from somewhere, the problem we have been experiencing has been more of home made by legislative trying to please people they are indebted to at the detriment of the poor masses, we have vio and road safety, police and civil defense what is the correlation btw them, duplication of duties, we have agencies all over Nigeria with no tangible differences between them yet government paying heavily year in year out, until we address this issue , corruption will continue to strive, these has nothing to do with creation of jobs.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by titusenes: 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2018
I must vote u our Bro Buhari
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by okerekeikpo: 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
My money don waka but no be that one dey pain me o, the one wey dey pain me na when u go command to do something one small pikin go dey tell you to salute am ontop ur money o

4 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Spaxon(f): 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
vitality22:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chai, the thing pain you well well grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
loll
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by izaray(f): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2018
okerekeikpo:
My money don waka but no be that one dey pain me o, the one wey dey pain me na when u go command to do something one small pikin go dey tell you to salute am ontop ur money o
grin So na the salutation even pain you pass the money wey you spend Bro you no try oh sad

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by burakado17: 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
Chidonc:

Aunty do you know Tribalism and hate is toxic to your health, what is the use of peace corps when federal government is still having problems paying existing salaries, I know you don't like buhari neither do I, but learn to call a spade a spade
what a patriotic Nigerian? God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by K2asure: 4:31pm On Feb 27, 2018
Establishment of peace corps to is just like providing personal security for citizens from grass root based on their aims and objectives, Let look at what happen in yobe and chibok if there are station security at our various schools all this thing will not happened.
Let us look at USA they provide security at various schools but know they are trying to train teachers to use gum. Are we heading forward or going backward and 1billion dollars assigned for bokoharam from 2018 budget. But Almighty is our own security.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Abeyjide: 4:32pm On Feb 27, 2018
I pity those who paid cos they already have selected candidate even if Buhari signed the bill.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by tunatrezy(m): 4:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
Wey some prop think say them don see job
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by profoejr(m): 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
unemployment continue...
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by BafanaBafana: 4:35pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
What will Peace Corps offer sef?

We have NPF, Armed Forces, NIMASA, DSS, NIA, FRSC, NSCDC and others.

What impact will Dickson's Peace Corps bring?

I remember Dickson. He hijacked my Secondary school in 1990 in the name of Cadet Corps. Had to be pursued from the school. I will not go into the rubbish that went on in that school while he held sway.

I'm surprised he's still at it after all these years.
Which school?
Is it that okpa eating school in Texas?
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by gaskiyamagana: 4:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
adadike281:
You withheld it because u are simply a scourge meant to punish Nigerians
What of inability to pay?

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Realdeals(m): 4:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
No to forget that the Vigilante Group of Nigeria (VGN), are also waiting for FG to absorb them.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Abogwara: 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
He's right
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by madgoat(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
adadike281:
You withheld it because u are simply a scourge meant to punish Nigerians

Like seriously do u reason before u type?

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by BafanaBafana: 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2018
olasunkanmii:
I guess this is where the road ends. Dia ris God o. I've spent almost 100k. Time and money wasted! The hustling continues.
Hard luck bro. I have a feeling that God will cause you to smile soon.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Boyooosa(m): 4:47pm On Feb 27, 2018
adadike281:
you know me too well. come, are u a psychologist?
Nope. Its just that you have a rigid mindset that is overclouding your logical reasoning even at a time you simply need to liberate yourself from your insolent display.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by sexdoll: 5:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
olasunkanmii:
I guess this is where the road ends. Dia ris God o. I've spent almost 100k. Time and money wasted! The hustling continues.

Bet9ja?
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Bitterleafsoup: 5:06pm On Feb 27, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand with the Dullàrd.

Buhari hates peace besides
Nigeria is not a peaceful country.
We know it,
The world knows it.

It will be hypocritical to empower a Peace Corps when the country doesn't not have the capability of being peaceful.
Wow so you have small sense shocked
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Victorakats(m): 5:14pm On Feb 27, 2018
olasunkanmii:

So sorry about that though... Wish you the very best... Perhaps, you may contact me for some business opportunities!
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Victorakats(m): 5:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
AngryRebel:
If u voted for Buhari and u are an applicant for the peace corp job...Ntoor grin grin grin

LOL... Anyways... Not the best time to joke with this though

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by bullofafrica: 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2018
too many security agency without solution to the prevailing security situation in the country. we have : the Army, the Air force, the Navy, the Dss, the Police , the Civil defence Corp, the Costumes, the Immigration, Efcc, the Icpc, Local vigilante and so on. still yet the country is polarized with corruption,crime and criminality,what an irony of a country .
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Sluvist(m): 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
Spaxon:
USELESS OLD MAN
Azuming your parents trained you well, you would have never insult old men. Unwanted entity like you

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by agabusta: 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2018
Praktikals:
Baba is not Jona dunce that can be pushed around ; or who appends his signature without reading a document's content.

The fact that he even regularly communicates back to the NASS on the bills he is withholding assent is highly commendable.

GEJ simply kept the bills piled up at the Villa without saying anything.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Was Hadiza Bala Usman Suspended Because Of This Tweet? / Nigerian Soldier Turns Father Christmas On Christmas Day. Gives Out Food Items / Kaduna Lawmakers Fight, Exchange Blows As Hazo, Deputy Speaker Is Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.