Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari (53533 Views)

Peace Corps Members Protest In Benue, Urge Buhari To Give Assent To Peace Corps / Buhari Rejects Nigerian Peace Corps Bill / Senate Drops Nigerian Peace Corps Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by okerekeikpo: 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
izaray:
grin So na the salutation even pain you pass the money wey you spend Bro you no try oh sad
baba u no go understand

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by duwdu: 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
sprints1:
someone I know has spent more than 300k on it so bro u are not alone

Seriously? If such cases are true, are those so scammed thinking they couldn't have gotten into, say, the Police Force proper while spending the same amount or even less money to bribe their way?

Honestly, I'm perplexed by the general perception of right and wrong in this our obodo Naija society!

P34c3
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by duwdu: 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
Kobicove:

Most of them went into it with their eyes wide open cos they were warned that the Peace Corps thing is a big scam

Ah, I feel better.

P34c3
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Freeman59: 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2018
sirequity:

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/withheld-assent-peace-corps-bill-buhari/

i am not surprised. buhari simply abhors peace
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by duwdu: 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
anyimontana:
all d people I sponsored don enter voicemail..atleast I played my part..

Sad, but understandable. gringringrin

P34c3
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by DarkLover: 5:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
olasunkanmii:
I guess this is where the road ends. Dia ris God o. I've spent almost 100k. Time and money wasted! The hustling continues.

Sorry my brother, its well.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by duwdu: 6:09pm On Feb 27, 2018
blinkz4real:
You all are against it because u did not hv d opportunity 2 be part of those 2 be absorbed so ur so happy dt he dint sign it. #wickedhrts. Dnt bother 2 quote me cos I hv a well paying job am jst concerned abt my fellas who re lukin up 2 dis jab.

Sorry, from what I've read/seen this far, those your fellas could have better channelled the same money/energy/gusto — or even less — and been better placed to have joined, say, the police or the Defence Corp. They just gambled/fell for the sweet talk of that director owner.

P34c3
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by CioAngels(f): 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2018
sirequity:

Source: https://www.headlineng.com/withheld-assent-peace-corps-bill-buhari/
Pa Buhari, they are all confusing you, You nephew Dss Daura is confusing, disgracing, hunting and taken away your integrity from you. Why is Peace Corps a threat to Daura, even when he knows the multitude of youths that will get a job? He does not not care about ordinary Nigerians as long as his children are all equally employed through the same back door. Daura, please drop that power that you got through back door to allow the Nigerian youths get jobs and live a sane life.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by duwdu: 6:16pm On Feb 27, 2018
okerekeikpo:
My money don waka but no be that one dey pain me o, the one wey dey pain me na when u go command to do something one small pikin go dey tell you to salute am ontop ur money o

Hahaha, I'm truly enjoying this thread. gringringrin

P34c3
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by duwdu: 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2018
Abeyjide:
I pity those who paid cos they already have selected candidate even if Buhari signed the bill.

Whoa, these exposures just keep streaming forth!

P34c3
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by gentlegenius(m): 6:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
AishaBuhari:
They should collapse Peace Corps into the police force
Brilliant idea, madam
You really deserve to be the first Lady of Naija.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by duwdu: 6:28pm On Feb 27, 2018
agabusta:

The fact that he even regularly communicates back to the NASS on the bills he is withholding assent is highly commendable.

GEJ simply kept the bills piled up at the Villa without saying anything.

True, this.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 27, 2018
Thanks Sir. We don't need another security agency just make the existing ones more efficient. Good one.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Chidonc(m): 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
burakado17:
what a patriotic Nigerian? God bless you sir.
And you to sir, amen.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Gkemz: 6:39pm On Feb 27, 2018
olasunkanmii:
I guess this is where the road ends. Dia ris God o. I've spent almost 100k. Time and money wasted! The hustling continues.

If you had such amount, why didn't you invest it in any fruitful venture instead of wasting it in peace corp's scam.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by duwdu: 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2018
Rainmania:
Thanks Sir. We don't need another security agency just make the existing ones more efficient. Good one.

Good post. Yep, as in, a lot more personnel, equipment, training, orientation, and so on, for existing agencies, particularly the police.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2018
BafanaBafana:

Which school?
Is it that okpa eating school in Texas?

A Federal Government College.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
DollarAngel:

You are a typical Nigerian

Wonderful.

So bad antecedents should be ignored and a rotten foundation built upon.

You, my friend, are the typical Nigerian.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2018
Gkemz:

If you had such amount, why didn't you invest it in any fruitful venture instead of wasting it in peace corp's scam.

That thing na complete scam!

Why not seek FG's approval before collecting money from people?
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by PhevourofGod: 6:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
Please help! I urgently need a job in Administrative or Academic field. I live in Lagos,
I have a degree in development related course, with over two years experience in administrative and academic fields.
reach me via mail. Christyhills06@gmail.com
Thanks all!

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by okerekeikpo: 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2018
duwdu:

Hahaha, I'm truly enjoying this thread. gringringrin

P34c3
I'm going to the state commandant office to burn down the house, 2k fuel will comfortably do the job

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by maasoap(m): 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2018
Skepticus:
This is the presidency, some IDIOTS are expecting to "announce", not pay a minimum wage, in September of this year!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

When some of you wake up from the spell you have been put in, Buhari may well be in his 4th term. Foolish citizens
Simple message, you couldn't pass across. Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by BafanaBafana: 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

A Federal Government College.
Okk. I know my school was used for such cadet stuff in those days so I felt it could be the same school
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2018
BafanaBafana:

Okk. I know my school was used for such cadet stuff in those days so I felt it could be the same school

Dickson Akoh was right there, messing up the School.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:26pm On Feb 27, 2018
sirequity:
But there is $1billion to fight Boko Haram baa?
u prefer they spend on advanced nysc than on ending killers and murderers?
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Olubidex: 7:33pm On Feb 27, 2018
What next now? Oh LORD
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Ogunleti01: 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2018
vineyardfarms:

THE POLICE LACK INTERGRITY, THEREFORE LET THE PEACE CORP TAKE OVER FROM THEM!
And what gives you the impression that we do not have men of questionable character in peace corp? Do we have all these unnecessary duplications in other countries of the world?
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by revolt(m): 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2018
Reader530:
I am not in support of this government but the truth is that peace Corp is a duplication of other security agencies.
doesn't it make more sense to pay peace corp to supplement the inadequate police force than go pay almajiri 5000 naira or NPOWER. Isn't this a mad president. Jeez.
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by jwals: 8:15pm On Feb 27, 2018
Jeezuzpick:
What will Peace Corps offer sef?

We have NPF, Armed Forces, NIMASA, DSS, NIA, FRSC, NSCDC and others.

What impact will Dickson's Peace Corps bring?

I remember Dickson. He hijacked my Secondary school in 1990 in the name of Cadet Corps. Had to be pursued from the school. I will not go into the rubbish that went on in that school while he held sway.

I'm surprised he's still at it after all these years.
was dickson your school mate Let see what the senate will do about the rejection, they can offer to pay from their allowances...
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by NwaliE01: 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
[img][/img]
Chidonc:

Aunty do you know Tribalism and hate is toxic to your health, what is the use of peace corps when federal government is still having problems paying existing salaries, I know you don't like buhari neither do I, but learn to call a spade a spade
grin
Chidonc:

Aunty do you know Tribalism and hate is toxic to your health, what is the use of peace corps when federal government is still having problems paying existing salaries, I know you don't like buhari neither do I, but learn to call a spade a spade
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by NwaliE01: 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2018
[img][/img]
Chidonc:

grin
Chidonc:

epic reply
Re: Why I Withheld Assent To Peace Corps Bill – Buhari by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2018
jwals:

was dickson your school mate Let see what the senate will do about the rejection, they can offer to pay from their allowances...

He was not a classmate.

He came from outside the school to start Cadet Corps. I'm not sure, but he may have enrolled as a student or not.

All I know is the school community was thrown into disarray due to the Cadets' activities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Was Hadiza Bala Usman Suspended Because Of This Tweet? / Nigerian Soldier Turns Father Christmas On Christmas Day. Gives Out Food Items / Kaduna Lawmakers Fight, Exchange Blows As Hazo, Deputy Speaker Is Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.