Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project (41193 Views)

Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Lekki To Flag Off Deep Sea Port Project / FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 04, 2018
This sea port is a reality. It is already creating revebrations of business opportunities from the construction alone in neighboring states, Rivers, Cross River, etc. It is driving up the cost of haulage in these neighbouring states, thereby creating instant opportunities for growth. Akwa Ibom will be the next business destination and a game changer. Thank GOD for democracy and the innovative leadership in that state from inception. Akwa Ibom always got it right with leadership. The real Nigeria may emerge after all said and done, a Nigeria based on fair and balanced competitiveness that favours all the constituent parts. Not the one where some regions are deliberately emasculated so that some select regions will shine.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Atouke: 3:39am On Mar 04, 2018
jomonic:
This sea port is a reality. It is already creating revebrations of business opportunities from the construction alone in neighboring states, Rivers, Cross River, etc. It is driving up the cost of haulage in these neighbouring states, thereby creating instant opportunities for growth. Akwa Ibom will be the next business destination and a game changer. Thank GOD for democracy and the innovative leadership in that state from inception. Akwa Ibom always got it right with leadership. The real Nigeria may emerge after all said and done, a Nigeria based on fair and balanced competitiveness that favours all the constituent parts. Not the one where some regions are deliberately emasculated so that some select regions will shine.

yes --o. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Atouke: 3:54am On Mar 04, 2018
Now is the time to buy land around those areas, in the next 5yrs land there will be not affordable.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 3:57am On Mar 04, 2018
Atouke:
Now is the time to buy land around those areas, in the next 5yrs land there will be not affordable.

Exactly.

5 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by futurism: 7:53am On Mar 04, 2018
biafranation:

That guy benben1000 has been banned and his post removed for exposing them. You are on point my brother. Not only did Awolowo starved 3 million Biafran children to death, Adenkunle went to Ibibio and slaughtered over 10,000 Ibibio men over the age of 10. When asked why he did it. He responded, " Ibibio are Igbos " That's afonjas for you...one of the most wicked sets of people on this earth!

What is wrong with you people. Were you cursed with hate from birth what has biafra war got to do with this thread for heaven sake. What has it go to do with sea port?

5 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by vonxe: 8:02am On Mar 04, 2018
jomonic:
My brother, the bitter truth no one wants to hear is that Nigeria cannot be fair without restructuring, without restructuring there can never be equity.
I won't blame anyone for others problem, maybe am biased because am extremely pro-yoruba tbh, the system we currently run is 'rule or be ruled' or simply 'survival of the fittest' if the table were to turn around other tribes complaining MAY be worst in sort of this issues than the yorubas and hausa/fulanis.
If you critically reason what deomelllo posted about the port being budgeted yearly you will agree with me that the problem lies with Akwa-ibom. Although the messenger, deomello, can be rude but the message is the truth
Let us restructure so everyone will develop at its own pace without bad feeling that one section is undermining the other

9 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by AdaFonju: 8:16am On Mar 04, 2018
Blue3k:

Shut boy the project was planned and got going way back 2004. Stop giving yourself credit for ranting on internet. Even before that there were talks in 80's about port but your telling me about IPOB and internet activist.

Lol you Igbos always want to take credit for things that happen outside borders. I guess the actual work by Akwa Ibom state government is inconsequential.
Leave those brainwashed pigs

3 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by OAFMods: 10:01am On Mar 04, 2018
Blue3k:
Eternal crybaby don't you get tired. Lol this same way you danced like a monkey on Ebonyi thread regarding herdsmen because you don't read. Your right the internet doesn't forget. The eastern port didn't need to be dredged the need an actual deep seaport with higher draft. Please you couldn't debunk that thread and cried me a river.

Are you people born liars or does your culture breed them. When was I against Ibom Deep seaport. Bring proof showing I did if my comments are littered over Nairaland.

You bother yourself debating this God forsaken mentally wretched Igbos.

EternalTruths

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:
I wish this is not another white elephant project.

This will be really nice as it will help with the stress of moving containers from Lagos to Nnewi, Onitsha and Aba, considering the bad roads and Customs and Police check points.

Uyo to Aba is just few kilometers.

Before you begin to scream here, it's Mbo, not Uyo. They are 2 different things.
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Yankee101: 10:10am On Mar 04, 2018
Alternative to Tin Can

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:17am On Mar 04, 2018
watch as AFONJA dwarf these ideas...

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by nograv: 10:18am On Mar 04, 2018
I dont care about proposals or bidding, call me when it is actually built. From eagle hills Abuja to Lekki Airport, so many projects are proposed but none make it off the ground.

I have to give it to the Chaugorys sadly they maybe from Lebanon, but at least they helped get Eko Atlantic off the ground. We need more home grown Nigerian men with vision like them, not just thieving politicians..

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by tempest01(m): 10:21am On Mar 04, 2018
Ekinematics:

Before you begin to scream here, it's Mbo, not Uyo. They are 2 different things.

doesnt matter....its about an hour drive from oron to uyo. So the distance is still relatively shorter.

5 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by yom2(m): 10:22am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:
By Okon Bassey in Uyo

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/03/03/more-than-100-companies-bid-for-ibom-deep-sea-port-project/
if its only one company that will handle the project, why wait to have 1milliion bid before u round up. I think its baboonic.
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 04, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
watch as AFONJA dwarf these ideas...
how are afonja this powerful hmm Ojukwu

3 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:27am On Mar 04, 2018
loveth360:
Yellowbars will now become good friends with awusa and fight against this project.

Wicked people.
my sister pls if i may ask, wetin yoruba people do u self?

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 04, 2018
Nice.

Do you know anybody with a samsung s6 with a dead panel?
I am willing to buy the screen.
My phone number on profile.
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:41am On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
how are afonja this powerful hmm Ojukwu
because the one in Lagos will be useless if this one get head... who go dey happy when his source of income won close... west can't do without east patronage, give them standard airport/seaport and watch as lagoon crumble

5 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Cooly100: 10:43am On Mar 04, 2018
Ekinematics:

What difference does it make? Why the pain?

From Mbo or Uyo to Aba, Nnewi and Onitsha is shorter distance than from Lagos..

If you are hurt in any way...you know where the transformers are...

6 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by EternalTruths: 10:45am On Mar 04, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
because the one in Lagos will be useless if this one get head... who go dey happy when his source of income won close... west can't do without east patronage, give them standard airport/seaport and watch as lagoon crumble

Tell them

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by EternalTruths: 10:46am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

What difference does it make? Why the pain?
From Mbo or Uyo to Aba, Nnewi and Onitsha is shorter distance than from Lagos..
If you are hurt in any way...you know where the transformers are...
Afonjas are really frustrated

5 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 04, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
u know answer my question oo Ojukwu I asked how has yoruba stopped the port from happening how are they doing it

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by omohayek: 11:14am On Mar 04, 2018
Thetruthsayer10:
u know answer my question oo Ojukwu I asked how has yoruba stopped the port from happening how are they doing it
Don't hold your breath waiting for any of these idi.ots to provide proof for their paranoid conspiracy theories. Facts don't matter to them, they just "know" it in their bones that the reason their garri went bad is because an evil "afonja" somehow snuck into the house at night and poisoned it, that is how low their mental functioning is. Not a single "afonja" has shown up in this thread to badmouth the Akwa Ibom port in any way, and not a single Yoruba politician has ever uttered a word against it, but already these hopelessly tribalistic roaches are scurrying all over the post making their worthless predictions about what "afonja" will do or not do.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 11:26am On Mar 04, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:

I guess all the industries around Lagos and Ogun who are the real importers and exporters will also close down because of this port which is still on the drawing board?

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 04, 2018

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Ibime(m): 11:32am On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:
I wish this is not another white elephant project.

This will be really nice as it will help with the stress of moving containers from Lagos to Nnewi, Onitsha and Aba, considering the bad roads and Customs and Police check points.

Uyo to Aba is just few kilometers.

It is a white elephant project. Ships do not pass Niger Delta due to Insurance premiums doubling from pirates. Friend of mine who works in maritime comms in UK said they get more distress calls from Nigeria than Somalia. Infact most of their calls are from Nigeria.

We already have Port Harcourt and Calabar which are hardly used. Any eediot knows the priority should be tackling piracy, not planning a new port. Not sure if our useless Navy have the capacity or skills.

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:37am On Mar 04, 2018
Guestlander:

I guess all the industries around Lagos and Ogun who are the real importers and exporters will also close down because of this port which is still on the drawing board?
Have you ever asked yourself why out of a country of over 150 million people, boasting of 36 states and a federal capital territory, why all the fully functional ports are located only along the axis of the South West?

Why have the Port Harcourt, Onne, Onitsha inland port, Warri, and Calabar ports never come into full operation and functionality?

This has been their mischievous game plan of the Yorubas since the end of the civil war in order to maintain Lagos ports as the singular functional port destination.

They know that the successful functionality of ports in other viable regions regions would be a game changer for the South-South and South Eastern regions. You'd watch how industry, trade and commerce would exponentially rise in theses regions and displace Lagos of its economic monopoly.

Yorubas think they can continue to work
against the economic progress of other regions by making sure only the Lagos ports work, they should be ready to continue contending for the ownership of Lagos with others and also suffer the effects of over population and the strain on Lagos infrastructures. You can't have you cake and eat.

7 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 04, 2018
omohayek:

Don't hold your breath waiting for any of these idi.ots to provide proof for their paranoid conspiracy theories. Facts don't matter to them, they just "know" it in their bones that the reason their garri went bad is because an evil "afonja" somehow snuck into the house at night and poisoned it, that is how low their mental functioning is. Not a single "afonja" has shown up in this thread to badmouth the Akwa Ibom port in any way, and not a single Yoruba politician has ever uttered a word against it, but already these hopelessly tribalistic roaches are scurrying all over the post making their worthless predictions about what "afonja" will do or not do.
my concern is how is “afonja wicked things” doing what they claim
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 04, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Have you ever asked yourself why out of a country of over 150 million people, boasting of 36 states and a federal capital territory, why all the fully functional ports are located only along the axis of the South West?

Why have the Port Harcourt, Onne, Onitsha inland port, Warri, and Calabar ports never come into full operation and functionality?

This has been their mischievous game plan of the Yorubas since the end of the civil war in order to maintain Lagos ports as the singular functional port destination.

They know that the successful functionality of ports in other viable regions regions would be a game changer for the South-South and South Eastern regions. You'd watch how industry, trade and commerce would exponentially rise in theses regions and displace Lagos of its economic monopoly.

Yorubas think they can continue to work
against the economic progress of other regions by making sure only the Lagos ports work, they should be ready to continue contending for the ownership of Lagos with others and also suffer the effects of over population and the strain on Lagos infrastructures. You can't have you cake and eat.

how is “afonja wicked things” doing the things u claim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Leaves Our Children With Girlfriends, Nannies - Precious / US Judge, Nancy Maldonado, Orders CSU To Release Tinubu's Records On Monday / Nigeria Government terminates US Military Training Of Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.