Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project (41192 Views)

Congested Lagos Ports May Ease As Preferred Bidder Emerges For Ibom Deep Seaport / Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Lekki To Flag Off Deep Sea Port Project / FG Declares Support For Akwa-Ibom Sea Port Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by futurism: 11:45am On Mar 04, 2018
belzabull:
will you please shut your putrid mouth

The development has everything to do with Biafra but I guess your shallow and dense brain wouldn't let you know that deliberate marginalisation/ govt neglect, lack of certain infrastructures cum injustice in the eastern region are the reason calls for restructuring albeit Biafra is loud.

I think it's you who is cursed with inbred stupidity and idiocy. You here talking nonsense from your first comment. I guess you've being in a hell hole not to know that the reason development like this haven't taken place for decades is due to political and ethnic colouration's. How many times have you condemned yerobas who attack igbos here all the time? Every useless douche bag thinks its stupid opinion matters zilch...

Please GTFOH with your ITK. Nonsense!
bloody maniac... Always blaming people for their failure. Like I have always told fools like you, when you decide to hold the Eastern governor's responsible, then we will begin to have discussion.

Keep expecting the man in Kano to the one in Ekiti to leave his people and come fight for you while your law makers do nothing.

What are your law makers doing? Schizophrenic piece of shiit!

8 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 04, 2018

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Purehuman(m): 11:46am On Mar 04, 2018
I am sounding it now. My brothers, move your investments to akwa ibom from the north. That place will explode soon. You need to be first to conquer.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by futurism: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2018
SoulSearching:
Nigeria is a poor country when you consider the GDP per capita. Nigeria does not export or even import enough to need more than one seaport .Nigeria has not achieved it's full potential
I don't agree with u. Are u not tired of the traffic in Lagos? I think every sane person should support anything to decongest Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by innocentrich: 11:49am On Mar 04, 2018
This seaport had always been on paper since many years. When is it going to be a reality?
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by ogoo2020: 11:51am On Mar 04, 2018
This Is another second nigerbrige promise Every election one person will use it to gain more vote for him safe, wise up my people 2019 is around the corner
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Purehuman(m): 11:51am On Mar 04, 2018
Guestlander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJVzMGbpt4

Benben, chew on that.

What you don't understand is that, it's not about having a seaport but it's about how many people needs it.

If Akwaibom gets this seaport right, the five states in the east will naturally dump the Lago seaport and more companies will likely relocate because of the number of customers they will be feeding per time when compared to Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2018
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by yemi15(m): 11:58am On Mar 04, 2018
Atouke:
Federal Ministry of Transportation / Akwa Ibom State Government

Ibom Deep Sea Port Project
(Solicited Proposal): The Ibom Deep Sea Port (IDSP) project involves the development of a Greenfield Deepsea Port and accompanying Free Trade Zone (FTZ) in Akwa Ibom State in the South-South geopolitical zone of Nigeria. The proposed Port and FTZ are part of the proposed Ibom Industrial City initiative that will be established on a 14,400 hectare site donated by the Akwa Ibom State Government (AKSG) at no value. The IDSP project is intended to become a major national and regional economic gateway that will provide additional container handling capacity for the country. In addition to containers, the IDSP is expected to handle petroleum products (export and import), crude oil and natural gas (export), vehicles (import) and bulk trade in natural resources (import and export).

It is planned to be the deepest port in the West African sub-region.

Ports Sector The project is currently in Procurement Phase. The Commission granted an Outline Business Case (OBC) Compliance Certificate to the project on October 8th, 2014. Thereafter, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) approved the OBC on 11th May, 2015. The Federal Ministry of Transportation and AKSG are required to proceed to the project procurement phase. PWC has been appointed as project managers

RfQ has been advertised

Next Step: Commencement of the competitive bidding process to select a preferred proponent (Concessionaire).

Procurement
http://www.icrc.gov.ng/projects/projects-under-conceptualization-development-and-procurement/

Qualification biding for a concessionaire and the selection - smart choice!

Hope they sha don't bring politics into it like they did the power sector privatization that has remained and will remain comatose until it is reversed and given to the right people, the Murtala Muhammed Airport concessioning and the Lagos-Ibadan expressway concessioning and reconstruction.

Left to me if Maersk Shipping Line Limited Netherlands was part of bidders, they should and must be the winners of the concession bidding and concessionaire. This is because they are highly qualified and have an highly valuable experience in port management.

My 2 cents.

3 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by ogoo2020: 11:58am On Mar 04, 2018
this is another Second nigerbrige promise Every election one person will come promise to complete it in one year just to gain more vote , wise up my people, 2019 is around the corner, don't let this cabals full you

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Have you ever asked yourself why out of a country of over 150 million people, boasting of 36 states and a federal capital territory, why all the fully functional ports are located only along the axis of the South West?

Why have the Port Harcourt, Onne, Onitsha inland port, Warri, and Calabar ports never come into full operation and functionality?

This has been their mischievous game plan of the Yorubas since the end of the civil war in order to maintain Lagos ports as the singular functional port destination.

They know that the successful functionality of ports in other viable regions regions would be a game changer for the South-South and South Eastern regions. You'd watch how industry, trade and commerce would exponentially rise in theses regions and displace Lagos of its economic monopoly.

Yorubas think they can continue to work
against the economic progress of other regions by making sure only the Lagos ports work, they should be ready to continue contending for the ownership of Lagos with others and also suffer the effects of over population and the strain on Lagos infrastructures. You can't have you cake and eat.

First of all, sea ports are not built just anywhere, it has to be physically and geographically suitable. Lagos is a natural harbour and the Portuguese found it as such even long before the British came.
In essence, the Lagos port was in existence before Nigeria was created. How many of the 36 states you mentioned are even coastal states?
There are countries several times the size of Nigeria with no more than 4 container ports, with other points connected by rail.
If you like you can build a port on every river bank you can find because you want to compete but they still have to be profitable. Otherwise, you will end up with giant abandoned ports.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2018
SoulSearching:
Nigeria is a poor country when you consider the GDP per capita. Nigeria does not export or even import enough to need more than one seaport .Nigeria has not achieved it's full potential .the only thing being exported from Nigeria at the moment is Oil. and the oil is actually exported directly from the reservoirs. For example , the oil is shipped directly from the shores of Akwa ibom and river state ,not Lagos .
in fact, the Lagos seaport 95 percent importing and 5 percent exporting.
let have another workable seaport and airport in other region let see how it goes, we can't depend on west alone , west will never support true federalism bcuz of all dis benefits and patronages

3 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2018

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 12:15pm On Mar 04, 2018
Purehuman:

What you don't understand is that, it's not about having a seaport but it's about how many people needs it.

If Akwaibom gets this seaport right, the five states in the east will naturally dump the Lago seaport and more companies will likely relocate because of the number of customers they will be feeding per time when compared to Lagos.

Let me remind you that the Lekki FTZ is located right by the port and there are companies already operating there even right now. Some of them are exporters and many more are still on the way.
The giant Dangote refinery and fertilizer plant are nearby as well. I don't think you need to worry whether or not the Lekki port will be patronized.
Who are these companies that will relocate? If the idea is that companies will relocate from Lagos and Ogun axis I'm afraid your port is not being well thought out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by sammysammy111(m): 12:17pm On Mar 04, 2018
Udom if u can bring Dis project to pass, I will be ur loyal fan, until den!!!

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Originalsly: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2018
Atouke:

Combined deep sea port and FTZ development in Akwa Ibom State

Why do we still believe Free Trade Zone is a good development?...when in fact it is an exploitation of cheap labour , often an environmental danger and robs the country of revenue....the reason why FTZ are never in developed countries. The companies pretty much have "diplomatic immunity' in that they are not bound by local laws in the FTZ...they make their own rules...pay workers what they want to...usually impose fines for every little thing to reduce the little they pay. ..dump whatever toxic waste destroying the environment and when all is done...pack up and move on to the next location. But this...we call development...foreign investment.
@ topic...Deepwater port...excellent...location...great. But how would goods be transported to and from the port? There is no talk of constructing a suitable road network. Sooo short sighted.

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by phantom(m): 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2018
i mentioned it another thread that a major seaport in ibaka( deeper than apapa even without dredging) will finish lagos in a couple of years.
The truth is most importers are igbos. If this port comes to fruition, the south east/ south south will be the main nexus whether you yorubas like it or not.
You dont like to hear the truth but its actually the igbos that are keeping lagos afloat. About 70% of our imports are headed to the SE/SS. Once they build this port, a lot of importers will not bother using apapa or tincan.
A major seaport NEAR igboland will change this country for good. mark my words! If only we were truly "a nation" with love for each other, a major seaport in the SS/SE wil industrialize this country faster than you think.
Do you know how much an aba based shoemaker will save if he's imports are just 1 or 2 hours drive away from his factory. More companies will spring up. innoson will import his parts through ibaka because his factories are in enugu.
The advantages to the SE/SS is enormous.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by yemi15(m): 12:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
SoulSearching:
Why partner with China or anyone else ? Is that an achievement? why can't Nigerians build a seaport? Japanese build Japanese seaport,airports and roads, Chinese build Chinese seaports ,airports and roads. The US build American seaports,airports and roads. why always Africa partnering? Angola partners with Germany, Nigeria partners with China, Ghana partners with Sweden.
Like I said in a previous thread . The government should invest in skills acquisition such as : welding, carpentry,mechanized Agriculture, Building construction,plumbing,electrician, etc. continue using Nigerian construction companies until they master the technique- that could be in 5 or 10 years ,they'll eventually get it right . then roads would be the cheapest thing to build in Nigeria and all roads would be paved with sidewalks and traffic signs. pot holes could be fixed within a few days , bridge construction would be a walk in the park , 10 storey buildings would litter the entire place because Nigerians would have mastered the technique .

The Nigeria we know where almost everyone is fantastically corrupt? Lol.

What happened to the power sector assets that was given to Nigerians so as not to flout our useless local content laws? There is your answer.

What happened to the Telecom sector given to foreigners? Another answer.

If one wants a quality project done here as a politician, do not give them to Nigerians, we know how to cut corners and undermine projects! Let them shout local content, they did during Obasanjo's time for the Telecom privatization and we are all enjoying the services till today compared to comatose NITEL run by you guessed it - Nigerians!

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:

What difference does it make? Why the pain?

From Mbo or Uyo to Aba, Nnewi and Onitsha is shorter distance than from Lagos..

If you are hurt in any way...you know where the transformers are...

I'm only correcting your ignorance. Uyo and Mbo are too different places.
Hide your shame and accept correction.
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
tempest01:

doesnt matter....its about an hour drive from oron to uyo. So the distance is still relatively shorter.

1hr drive doesn't matter? Funny you.
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2018
phantom:
i mentioned it another thread that a major seaport in ibaka( deeper than apapa even without dredging) will finish lagos in a couple of years.
The truth is most importers are igbos. If this port comes to fruition, the south east/ south south will be the main nexus whether you yorubas like it or not.
You dont like to hear the truth but its actually the igbos that are keeping lagos afloat. About 70% of our imports are headed to the SE/SS. Once they build this port, a lot of importers will not bother using apapa or tincan.
A major seaport NEAR igboland will change this country for good. mark my words! If only we were truly "a nation" with love for each other, a major seaport in the SS/SE wil industrialize this country faster than you think.
Do you know how much an aba based shoemaker will save if he's imports are just 1 or 2 hours drive away from his factory. More companies will spring up. innoson will import his parts through ibaka because his factories are in enugu.
The advantages to the SE/SS is enormous.

I pray this port is completed on time so your hypothesis can be put to test. Most importers are not igbo. The biggest importers are the big companies centered around Lagos and Ogun. Most are multinationals.

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2018
vonxe:

My brother, the bitter truth no one wants to hear is that Nigeria cannot be fair without restructuring, without restructuring there can never be equity.
I won't blame anyone for others problem, maybe am biased because am extremely pro-yoruba tbh, the system we currently run is 'rule or be ruled' or simply 'survival of the fittest' if the table were to turn around other tribes complaining MAY be worst in sort of this issues than the yorubas and hausa/fulanis.
If you critically reason what deomelllo posted about the port being budgeted yearly you will agree with me that the problem lies with Akwa-ibom. Although the messenger, deomello, can be rude but the message is the truth
Let us restructure so everyone will develop at its own pace without bad feeling that one section is undermining the other

You are very correct. In Nigeria it is survival of the fittest just like you will find in an animal kingdom. Kanu called Nigeria a zoo and it brought anger to many even though speaking metaphorically that description is a perfect fit. My opinion is that culturally Yoruba and Hausa / Fulani tend to be averse to fair competition. This is just my opinion. The Igbo used to be prominent in Nigeria affairs and that period was best in Nigeria. So if the table turned Nigeria will be better. The stench we are witnessing today is nothing but the backwardness associated with the cultural values of the people in charge.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Espada10: 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
Damn..Innoson get foresight. .no wonder he is opening a very big plant ( if not the biggest) in Akwaibom instead of Lagos..no wonder..I always wonder why ...now I understand.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 12:53pm On Mar 04, 2018
jomonic:

You are very correct. In Nigeria it is survival of the fittest just like you will find in an animal kingdom. Kanu called Nigeria a zoo and it brought anger to many even though speaking metaphorically that description is a perfect fit. My opinion is that culturally Yoruba and Hausa / Fulani tend to be averse to fair competition. This is just my opinion. The Igbo used to be prominent in Nigeria affairs and that period was best in Nigeria. So if the table turned Nigeria will be better. The stench we are witnessing today is nothing but the backwardness associated with the cultural values of the people in charge.

See contradiction. If Yoruba and Hausa are aversed to fair competition, do ibos compete fairly?
Are fake goods fair competition?
Some people steal cars, break them down to be sold as parts is that fair competition?
Fake drugs, is that fair competition? I put it to you that igbo actually thrive on unfair and dubious way of doing business.

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by phantom(m): 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2018
Guestlander:

I pray this port is completed on time so your hypothesis can be put to test. Most importers are not igbo. The biggest importers are big companies centered around Lagos and Ogun. Most are multinationals.
i pray so too BUT my brother go and check who and who owns the factories springing up in lagos and ogun? Investigate! You will most likely realize that most of companies are owned by igbo men asides the foreign run ones.
Just move round lagos and ogun and check who owns those companies.
Guy, the igbos are the major importers in nigeria followed most probably by the delta/edo guys

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by 0monnak0da: 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2018
jomonic:

The fundamenta proble the Eboes have is that they lie a lot . When confronted with the truth they just ignore it because it is NOT CONVENIENET

Now you want to rewrite history to indicate that Yoruba and Hausa Fulanni have been running the country

Let us look at the facts

In 1960 a at independennce

Zik was the President and his party NCNC went into coalition with Tafawa Balewa's Party the NPC while the Action Group(Yoruba) went into opposition

1n 1965 after the second election AGAIN

Zik was the President and his party NCNC went into coalition with Tafawa Balewa's Party the NPC while the Action Group(Yoruba) went into opposition

In 1979 Shagari was President Alex Ekwume was the Vice President They were both in the NPN

Again Zikk and his party the NPP went into coalition with Shagari and their party was rewarded with the Speaker of the House of Representatives in the person of Edwin Ume Ezeoke Again Awolowo le his party the UPN and the Yoruba into opposition

In 1983 another election
Again Zikk and his party the NPP went into coalition with Shagari and their party was rewarded with the Speaker of the House of Representatives in the person of Edwin Ume Ezeoke Again Awolowo le his party the UPN and the Yoruba into opposition only this time the Biafra warlord Ojukwwu had been pardoned and he returned to join NPN.

So why then this pretence about the truth how is it that the Yoruba have been able to frustrate orts in the East from OPPOSITION

i know from your nature you willl just ignore the facts because you don't like them but please stop this nonsense and fiction about the Yoruba and Hausa running the country.

The Eboes and their Hausa masters have beeen running or should I say ruining the country for ever.

STOP THE SELF DECEPTION and face realiity

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by 0monnak0da: 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
phantom:

i pray so too BUT my brother go and check who and who owns the factories springing up in lagos and ogun? Investigate! You will most likely realize that most of companies are owned by igbo men asides the foreign run ones.
Guy, the igbos are the major importers in nigeria followed most probably by the delta/edo guys

The EBoe capacity for self deception is limitless

That is how one of you said Orji Uzor Kalu is so rich the CBN begged him to take his money abroad because they could not cope. So he took it to the World Bank which could only accept half whilst the other half went to the IMF

4 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 1:06pm On Mar 04, 2018
phantom:

Look, there's no denying some igbo have some factories in Lagos but it is a fallacy to say most are owned by Igbo. It is certainly not so, there are many big multinational companies in Lagos. I really don't want to argue this with you because this is just another tale told by igbo to make themselves happy.
Let us wait patiently until the Akwa ibom port is completed then you will not have Yoruba to be blamed any longer.

5 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by ikemesit4477: 1:09pm On Mar 04, 2018
Cooly100:
I wish this is not another white elephant project.

This will be really nice as it will help with the stress of moving containers from Lagos to Nnewi, Onitsha and Aba, considering the bad roads and Customs and Police check points.

Uyo to Aba is just few kilometers.
yes you are right, is very close, if abia state government will comply, because they lack good road network, especially road linking uyo to Aba, it has been like that for years and it has become a death trap!
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2018
Guestlander:

See contradiction. If Yoruba and Hausa are aversed to fair competition, do ibos compete fairly?
Are fake goods fair competition?
Some people steal cars, break them down to be sold as parts is that fair competition?
Fake drugs, is that fair competition. I put it to you that igbo actually thrive on unfair and dubious way of doing business.

My post might be annoying but it's the truth

2 Likes

Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Guestlander: 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
jomonic:

My post might be annoying but it's the truth

OK.
Re: 100 Companies Bid For Ibom Deep Sea Port Project by Cooly100: 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2018
Ekinematics:

I'm only correcting your ignorance. Uyo and Mbo are too different places.
Hide your shame and accept correction.

You are not correcting anything...

Saying to someone who was making a point to stop shouting...means you a pained to almost death..

I repeat it make no difference...proximity and conveinence are all that matters

Everyone has seen your anguish for wetin we no concern you wicked things... shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PH Must Be Sacrificed For Biafra's Sake / Obasanjo’s Book "My Watch" About Atiku / Femi Fani-Kayode Leaves Our Children With Girlfriends, Nannies - Precious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.