Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers (24621 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery Absorbs 3 Consecutive Set Of ATBU Engineering Graduates / Is My Jamb Score Too High For Engineering? / A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
Harbidexy5:

Durrrrth
Actually ain't in the mood to word with the likes of you Buh I still have to let yo know
And yo should stop arguing on the obvious
Come to oau we do Practicals like never before even being a survey student yo still do many practicals not to talk of tech stdnts that their final project is always inform of practical which they have to solve and defend before graduating

Now yo saying engineering are kinda useless in this same damn Nigeria tht her only means of survival is petrol
Now only a fool or ignorant will not know how important engineering is in this sector which is the life line for Nigerians survival
Or are the white folks the one to mine any discovered minerals in Nigeria? No.

Now tell me how much your so called medicine is generating for the country that president buahri had to Travel abroad for so Called sickness that yo addressed in the country

Ended up wasting our limited resources gong abroad to receive treatment

So get this straight to yo cramming skull
Or may be yo should also cram it

Engineers contribute immensely to this economy
Buh we are just wasting money on the irrelevant doctors

Never compare engineering to pharmacy or medicine , even biochemistry is harder than most engineering courses
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by SoldierBoy1(m): 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
Feraz:
Beautiful answer. While an undergraduate, I was thinking that the semester holidays we do have would be useful if one can gain a bit of experience but when you try meeting some of these persons/firms to work without pay, you are told there's no opening for you. Also, factor in this four years post graduate work experience before you can be certified an Engineer.

I really do wish the Engineering practice in Nigeria can change. At least, we'd be doing so many things ourselves without involving foreigners most times. As for NSE, I am sorry to say but I really do not see that happening.

LOL! I never really liked it.

Maybe my bias for the lecturer made me hate it. angry
Some Lecturers dey make pesin hate some kind courses I swear .... One day I pray our profession in this country would enjoy what our counterparts in the world are enjoying.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 08, 2018
GiantParrot:

No one pays you anything as a reward for the difficulties you had as an undergraduate. Payment means offering money in exchange for something of value. What value does a typical Nigerian engineering graduate bring to the table during NYSC? The medical doctor actually performs healthcare services, for which he/she is paid. Same as the pharmacist. What engineering services do you offer as a corper engineer? The hallmark of a good engineer is his ability to figure out how things work, and make his decisions accordingly. This poster's inability to understand the most basic workings of market transactions is embarrassing - money is exchanged for goods and services that are deemed to be of value.

* the imported equipment used by healthcare professionals that were designed and manufactured by foreign engineers*. I agree that the state of engineering practice in Nigeria is very poor. There is dire need for improvement.

Now we are back to this ridiculous rant about payment for undergraduate sufferings.

Finally, sense is being made. Engineering practice is Nigeria being plagued by a myriad of problems, among which are clueless government, poorly funded universities, bad teachers, and visionless engineering industry leaders. Maybe the government would have a clue if they received sensible advice from the industry leaders. As a relatively young engineer myself, I have been lucky to get involved in a couple of projects with multinationals. To this day, I wonder why the NSE cannot influence the government to mandate multinational and local engineering firms to employ a certain number of engineering interns and corpers as part of their crew for the project activities that have been going on in Nigeria within the last decade. Many young engineers are missing out on immense learning opportunities that would be crucial to their development. Inter-semester internships and the 1 year NYSC program present avenues for the consolidation of fresh theoretical knowledge with practical engineering experiences. Thereby providing solid foundations on which they can grow to become competent engineers who can contribute meaningfully to their societies.

All those implying that Nigerian engineers are useless are not being fair. Nigerian engineers in general today, are in many ways fighting a battle they were already losing from before they were born. Certain structures that can make them competitive with engineers from elsewhere are not yet in place. Engineering students can design and build anything. The question is: at what cost? If I build something for you at N10,000, and you can import something functionally similar for N3000, why on earth should you buy my product? There's so much to this issue of cost competitiveness in the context of globalisation than a simple response here will permit.

Also, the notion that an engineer has to be an inventor is wrong. The vast majority of engineers worldwide do not invent anything. Most successful engineers work with interdiscplinary teams of engineers, technicians/technologists finance professionals, safety professionals, lawyers, and so on, to build and maintain infrastructure that is useful to society. You can't get the funds for this infrastructure out of thin air. It has to come from somewhere. Surely not from the pockets of the lowly recent graduate engineer. It has to come from either government or investors who expect returns. How they carry out investments is not a very simple matter either.

The many difficulties that come with being an engineer in Nigeria has its consequences. A good number of the very bright ones get educational opportunities abroad. Upon completion of their studies, they remain overseas where they work as engineers. A few return to high paying jobs in Nigeria. Some others who stay put in Nigeria find ways to do well with providing their own services in spite of the difficulties. They are in fields such as IT, renewable energy, engineering consulting, project management, and so on. Some others leave the engineering field and go into management, finance and business development. The net effect of all these is that overall, engineers are not being felt significantly here. Even though many are doing very well for themselves.

I think there will be many opportunities for engineers in Nigeria in the not too distant future. A growing economy will have to invest heavily in infrastructural development at some point. Hopefully the NSE will reasonably influence local participation in the developmental projects. I think more energy should be spent on making the NSE function adequately. A properly functioning NSE will work on ways to improve funding for engineering education at the universities, and influence government policies that will contribute to building a body of highly competent engineers.

+100000
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
greypencils:
My friend, Every corp member collects the same amount, 19,500. Including medical doctors, where the money is more for medical doctors is at their PPA where they are posted to. If as an engineer and corp member you get posted to an oil company, wont u get a bumper pay? Pls stop showing your ignorance here abeg
Absolutely correct
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Sanctecosma(m): 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
ultron12345:
It is jealousy and envy that will kill u.

Firstly, how many years did engineers spend in school pre nysc, just 5 years. Compare it to the number of years doctors spend in school pre nysc, 6 years, plus extra year for housemanship. And don't forget that 5 out of doctors 6 years are continuous, there's no semester break, unlike engineering students that have so many semester breaks and holidays, so by medical school standards, engineers spend less than 3 years in school.

Compare the cost of studying medicine and the cost of studying engineering, they pay higher tuition and their textbooks are d most expensive.

Finally, note that ur pay is based on ur productivity. If nysc engineers were serving in engineering and manufacturing facilities as professional engineers, then maybe their pay can be increased, but since they are working as teachers, then they ought to b paid as teachers. Nysc doctors serve in hospitals, doing their jobs as professional doctors, therefore, they are paid as doctors.

And for saying that doctors are useless without u pple because u made d machines they use, are u aware that u will not be alive today without doctors because sickness and disease for don kill u.

And how dare u compare mth and mee courses with with medical courses, engineering courses are childs play when compared withe medical courses. Seems u haven't seen ANA301 and PTH courses.

...Medical students' texbook are very expensive... My be. But that doesn't mean other disciplines have no expensive texbooks. If u need a memo, come to Petroleum engineering Domain. Unless u're well-off (as Pet Engr student) and asides having soft copies either on ur phone aar lappy,you can hardly afford such textbooks which are mostly authored by foreign professors and engineers.

1 Like

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by damlawrence101: 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
I am a business man and I think I get more money dan u guys at d end of the month
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by bukqar(m): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
thats true about the talk is there any course in the world difficult and better than engineering. the world it self is made up from engineering what is so special about the MEDCINE AND PHAMACY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD PLS.TO BE FRANK THIS IS PARTIALITY ENGINEERING REMAIN THE BEST EVER IN FACE OF HTE WORLD COS WITHOUT ENGINEERS MEDCINE AND ANY OTHER COURSE WILL NEVER DO THEIRE WORK
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by uuzba(m): 2:52pm On Mar 08, 2018
ultron12345:
they import because our engineers cannot produce

There is a man called Innoson. He is producing... But others are still importing. You are placing a very
unfair competitive advantage against him. A car is made up of thousands of pieces and sub components. Many industries come together to produce each of these. Paints, Seats, Glass, Body, Welding, Chassis, Rubber tires, Ceramic brake pads... Mr Innoson cannot produce everything today-today. Rather than patronize him, you are purchasing 2018 Range Rover. You are not even investing in his company. You are not even producing leather for him to use to make different type of car seats.
-
We in Africa are highly entertained by flashy gimmicks and gadgets. The early whitemen exchanged umbrellas
and mirrors to our forefathers and collected slaves in return.
-
When the government gives out foreign exchange $$$ to importers, rather than the importers bringing in equipment
that can be used for production of goods and services, the importers sell the foreign exchange to mallams. Mallams
sell it to bureau de change. Bureau De Change sell it to Mrs Ojiaku who uses it to pay for her daugters school fees in London, travel to nondon and eat meatpie. (Are you Mrs Ojiaku?). The rest of the Foreign exchange is used by the
importers to bring in every other finished goods you see. Microwaves, freezers, fans, shoe... iphone..cars.
-
When engineers are sent to industries, or apply to Nigerian Industries to work, what they meet is non functional industries. No light, broken down equipment and an Oga who does not care any more about the industry.
-
Tell me, is it the job of the new recruit to revive the industry that employed him? If the new recruit even has any money at all, he uses it to survive.
_
I heard of an industry that was producing doors. Good wooden doors. They sold it at N40,000. This was sufficient to pay salaries and keep the Generator running.(ZERO NEPA). Importers brought in these flat rubbish Chinese doors at the cost of N20,000. The Nigerian guy could not produce any more. He closed shop. There was nothing wrong with his doors. But YOU the consumer stopped buying it and chose the Chinese one BECAUSE your EYES SAW IT.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Aizenosa1000: 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2018
After reading through this thread with lots of laughter and tears, I as a mechanical engineer, I have had the privilege of carrying out so many detailed designs and installation of turn key systems here in Nigeria, even while I was a corper. Yes, the medical profession both inside and outside Nigeria is tough but the toughness of medical profession is dwarfed by the mention of the engineering profession, but still I have to really give it to the medical profession that without them the world will be a sick infested place littered with bodies all around.

Back in school I had the privilege of having medical students and doctors as friends. Medical students complain that medicine is hard because they have to read and read all over which is termed hard and compulsory because continually reading helps you to absorb what you are reading, now as an engineer the case is different you have to read and study and after that you have to apply what you read, it can be so frustrating because 1st you are being taught by a half baked engineering lecturer who doesn't fully grasp what he is learning then you have to go the extra mile to read and understand what you taught and it can get discouraging because sometimes you can't seem to grasp what you are reading at the end you must get graded.

In developed countries professionals of both professions from Nigeria here have made names which shows how well both professions have actively prepared their minds to excel spite of the challenges.

Overall I don't think that either is greater of the 2 profession both utility the brain in their own unique way.

Overall I believe that the engineering profession is much more labouring and tasking than the medical profession, examples include, construction of a huge project, the engineer can be on field for close to 5 years having slight breaks left and right, even more worse if you are the engineering project manager because not only do you oversee all engineering works, you are held accountable for everything that happens.

a medical professional in Nigeria is awarded his professional title after 7-9 years here in Nigeria but not so for the engineer, for an engineer you have to have completed 5 years in an institution, and another 4 years working under the supervision of an engineer after which you deliver a project or a problem you have solved which will be scrutinized by the NSE before you can be officially awarded the engineering title, and still to be able to execute any project in Nigeria you must be registered under coren which is another 0-4 years again depending on how good a project you have done and can submit.

From this I believe you can infer that the engineering profession is not beans in this country.

1 Like

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by yusman14(m): 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2018
neoapocalypse:

Never compare engineering to pharmacy or medicine , even biochemistry is harder than most engineering courses
...lol..u.funy oo
everybody knw dat engr is d hardest course....even guiness book.of record
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Aizenosa1000: 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
Engineering courses records higher suicide rates than any other course
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by ultron12345: 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
Sanctecosma:

...Medical students' texbook are very expensive... My be. But that doesn't mean other disciplines have no expensive texbooks. If u need a memo, come to Petroleum engineering Domain. Unless u're well-off (as Pet Engr student) and asides having soft copies either on ur phone aar lappy,you can hardly afford such textbooks which are mostly authored by foreign professors and engineers.
what are u try to prove, do u think medical textbook are authored by nigerians.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by yusman14(m): 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Absolutely correct
....can an engineer b posted 2 oil company/
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by ultron12345: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2018
AK481:

let me shock you,where i work the engineering machines for production is handled by an outsourced company tetrapaks and the company engineer(indians and nigeria).

tetra paks are the main boys handling critical support,the tetra pak enginneers are nigerians trained by tetrapak.there is nothing wrong with nigerian engineers its the system that is dulling us.
mtcheeeeeeeeeeew.......b blaming others 4 ur incompetency
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by harsol(m): 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
You perhaps would have raised a good point of you don't make it personal, rendering your thread pointless. You initially directed your energy against the medical health personnels and shaded other graduates. Nobody attains height through mediocrity but hard work. I will advice you stay focused and channel your energy towards the right path so you can make something of yourself. There's more to life after NYSC.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by GentlemanAyo(m): 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2018
neoapocalypse:

Never say this again, it makes you sound stupid.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by GentlemanAyo(m): 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
ultron12345:

Firstly, how many years did engineers spend in school pre nysc, just 5 years. Compare it to the number of years doctors spend in school pre nysc, 6 years, plus extra year for housemanship. And don't forget that 5 out of doctors 6 years are continuous, there's no semester break, unlike engineering students that have so many semester breaks and holidays, so by medical school standards, engineers spend less than 3 years in school.

Compare the cost of studying medicine and the cost of studying engineering, they pay higher tuition and their textbooks are d most expensive.

Finally, note that ur pay is based on ur productivity. If nysc engineers were serving in engineering and manufacturing facilities as professional engineers, then maybe their pay can be increased, but since they are working as teachers, then they ought to b paid as teachers. Nysc doctors serve in hospitals, doing their jobs as professional doctors, therefore, they are paid as doctors.

And for saying that doctors are useless without u pple because u made d machines they use, are u aware that u will not be alive today without doctors because sickness and disease for don kill u.

And how dare u compare mth and mee courses with with medical courses, engineering courses are childs play when compared withe medical courses. Seems u haven't seen ANA301 and PTH courses.

Never grow old with this your mentality, it will have an adverse effect on you and the family you will build if you don't have one yet. Engineering courses are childs play? It is obvious you know nothing about engineering and it is best you keep to what you know than saying things that will make you sound stupid. Ask an Engineer in your family about his/her experience in school and you will be shocked by his/her testimony.

Mind you I never had a break starting from 200level, every semester break was used for industrial training. You just have to be intelligent before you can graduate as an Engineer, go to engineering faculties to know what is happening.

I don't blame the likes of you who talk rubbish about engineers, I blame our forefathers who never had the foresight for the future engineers. Travel abroad to see how engineers are treated like eggs.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Exciton(m): 3:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
Doctors and engineers saying crap about each other when they ought to be on the same side to fight against the elite --- those in government and in business: mostly comprised of stark illiterates, greedy bankers and lawyers grin --- who ruin the country for their personal gain: a focus on short term profits and monopoly.

The greatest reason why we're poor and underdeveloped is as a result of our extremely weak educational system and manufacturing industry --- a paucity of knowledgable teachers, skilled engineers, scientists and craftsmen.

We should be focused on forcing our useless government to ensure education reforms, bringing in more manufacturing giants, encourage indigenous companies, healthy economic competition and creating a strong link between educational institutions, research institutes and the manufacturing industry.

If those with the potential to make stuff are given the proper education, we wouldn't be in our current situation where there's basically no equipment for our doctors to diagnose/treat the sick.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by ultron12345: 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2018
GentlemanAyo:

Never grow old with this your mentality, it will have an adverse effect on you and the family you will build if you don't have one yet. Engineering courses are childs play? It is obvious you know nothing about engineering and it is best you keep to what you know than saying things that will make you sound stupid. Ask an Engineer in your family about his/her experience in school and you will be shocked by his/her testimony.

Mind you I never had a break starting from 200level, every semester break was used for industrial training. You just have to be intelligent before you can graduate as an Engineer, go to engineering faculties to know what is happening.

I don't blame the likes of you who talk rubbish about engineers, I blame our forefathers who never had the foresight for the future engineers. Travel abroad to see how engineers are treated like eggs.
medicine nko.............ask any doctor in ur family and you will b shocked by his/her testimony
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by GentlemanAyo(m): 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
ultron12345:
medicine nko.............ask any doctor in ur family and you will b shocked by his/her testimony

Oh yes I have them a lot with 3 of them in my nuclear family, the last is in her fifth year in medical school. There is nothing to shock me again because I know all that goes down in medical school but you seem to not have a glimpse of anything engineering, go and ask questions and you will have a rethink of the things you said earlier.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by yusman14(m): 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
Unclerukus:
Rubbish. What have engineering graduates in Nigeria been producing or invented? Can you even work on machine learning and create and program a simple robot? Just making noise here on Nairaland. Most engineering students in Nigeria are crap except few. Besides, Doctors don't earn much especially after their NYSC, they are among the least paid with less time for themselves. It's a selfless profession.
....is it a must for all engineers to b an inventor?i need ur answer pls..n
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2018
GentlemanAyo:

Never say this again, it makes you sound stupid.
And you sound uninformed and grossly ignorant
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by GentlemanAyo(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2018
neoapocalypse:

And you sound uninformed and grossly ignorant

Uninformed and grossly ignorant? You just described yourself. If you are not uniformed and grossly ignorant, you won't say that rubbish you posted above. Doctors are intelligent people, they don't make meaningless comparison because they know better. Are you sure you are one of them? Or you are just some basic medical science individual.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by salaamtaiwo(m): 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
Point well articulated but am afraid you got it all wrong. The idea behind the post was never to rubbish the field of medicine or pharmacy but to agitate for a change in government policy. I was expecting you to tell me a single nation that developed by neglecting her engineering field, but you didn't do that but rather you are misguiding your view and notion. The post never says medicine and pharmacist doesn't deserve that huge pay, sincerely speaking you did deserve it but does that spare an engineering students from such benefits?

I gave an analysis on how China developed and you will agree with me that they developed when technology is fast advancing. So how do they became a fearful force to reckon with and to fear by the great U.S? Is there any true development without technology? Is there any technology without engineering design? These are the fundamental questions to be answered by whomsoever that wish to refute the original post.

What was the driven force of European development? What characterized the first, second and modern revolution? What was the result of embarking on such revolution? Can any African nation match up with those countries in technology? Where did Africans get it wrong at first? International technology transfer (ITT) policy embraced by Africa cannot help us develop because it represent the continuation of the industrial enslavement of Africa since most of the equipment are made overseas and shipped to Africa. Any government that spend heavily on ITT is just investing on depreciating assets which depreciates with time until it get to its scrap value after which another one would be obtained.

True development is geared toward "industrialization" and never ITT. If any government tell you about foreign investors coming to establish company in your country, or advising his people to be self employed, or becoming an entrepreneur, then such nation is a joke and such government is a mediocre because no nation developed through that method. A mediocre work force can never have necessary capability and relevance. They are mediocre and they must behave like one.

Ever since this country has been in existence, we have been ruled by group of mediocre without excluding anyone including the present one ruling us. What best can you make out of mediocrity driven policy? We need to redefine our steps.

The field of study that catalyses "true development" is science and engineering.

ultron12345:

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by okey777(m): 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
ultron12345:

The guy is just wailing, he has no idea about Medicine
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by jargo89(m): 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2018
Michael004:
You have not educated me sir, Why asking for the number children and husband before treatment. Are they part of the treatment. Explain this function as a medical doctor. This is simple question.
And you couldnt get that from my response. Then you have your own agenda.

*The number of children helps in diagnosis of what kinda of breast lump a lady has. Multiparous women (women with more than one child) are less prone to breast cancer than a lady who hasnt given birth.

Every question a doctor asks is to aid his diagnosis. You keep shouting treatment. How would a doctor treat you if he doznt knw wats wrong with u? The questions help him/her make a provisional diagnosis which he can confirm with investigations like Cytology, MRI etc.

I think you should spend better tym getting info rather than trying to put others down. Download the book i refered to u and enlighten yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by okey777(m): 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
Harbidexy5:

Wow see stupid mentality that should be addressed. What Is there In medicine that yo re shouting,is it to cram and put down all the shiit
Have crammed or wht is special in theoretical courses
Yo spend all yo years reading and cramming what has been put down by someone without subjected to critical thinking and evaluation
Yo make use of book as if yo life depend on it because yo yoself don't even understand what it contains

Come to engineering field and see real analysis and thinking
Or do yo think engineering is just knowing a secondary school fundamentals calculations

And have it in mind all those medical courses yo just need to have yo 50percent and pass it
Because they don't make use of cgpa
And if yo aint very smart and brilliant at the same time yo could end up spending 7years taking engineering course which would have resulted from carry over
And who told yo that pple have not bn surviving before the damn existence of those medical crap we called doctors

And buying expensive textbooks means they would be using it even after their studies
Buh every textbook used by tech stdnt In any semester of his years of studies would never be used for the next semester
Thus yo must have known everything discussed on each textbook used for a particular semester

Bro u av no knowledge about medicine, no point ranting
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by salaamtaiwo(m): 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2018
oh brother let me also shock you with respect to that. Tetrapak is a Swedish company and they have mastered that technology such that for the installation, maintenance and repairing, there is a need to send people to overseas for training on that. The fault is not from the various engineers you have in your company but it is largely the fault of the government who never did anything on giving the science and technology students the needed relevant practical skills and relevant production skills. Trust me, mastering of processing and production is achieved in the practical environment and never in the tertiary institution practical. Therefore, relevant practical skills can be gotten not in the university or polytechnic but in the industry and that would in turn improve the production skills and makes each graduate relevant.

I also worked inFanmilk Eleyele Ibadan for six month as IT students and the same is true with what you said about their inability to repair it.
ultron12345:
mtcheeeeeeeeeeew.......b blaming others 4 ur incompetency
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by salaamtaiwo(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2018
oh brother let me also shock you with respect to that. Tetrapak is a Swedish company and they have mastered that technology such that for the installation, maintenance and repairing, there is a need to send people to overseas for training on that. The fault is not from the various engineers you have in your company but it is largely the fault of the government who never did anything on giving the science and technology students the needed relevant practical skills and relevant production skills. Trust me, mastering of processing and production is achieved in the practical environment and never in the tertiary institution practical. Therefore, relevant practical skills can be gotten not in the university or polytechnic but in the industry and that would in turn improve the production skills and makes each graduate relevant.

I also worked inFanmilk Eleyele Ibadan for six month as IT students and the same is true with what you said about their inability to repair it.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by introvertme: 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2018
magicminister:
Loool... fighting over peanuts instead of thinking of how to innovate.
I made a 2.2 in economics from a federal university. There was no hope for me but now, I make atleast 350k per week. That is the minimum I make every week in Lagos.

This life scatter. My brother, just so your thing and let others do theirs. Even if they pay you 100knper month, after NYSc, you go still broke!

pls what do you do?
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Hardey10(m): 6:08pm On Mar 08, 2018
blackbeau1:
Dear Engineering graduates, have you ever been on 36 to 48 hr call ?
that's for residency abi now housemanship which is before service and which u get paid for

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World university rankings 2024 / Mmesoma: I Support Sanctions Imposed By JAMB – Ezekwesili / Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.