Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers (24611 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery Absorbs 3 Consecutive Set Of ATBU Engineering Graduates / Is My Jamb Score Too High For Engineering? / A Rejoinder Supporting The Topic "Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by AK481(m): 6:43pm On Mar 08, 2018
Olumyco:
This topic is good and many have spoken well but there is a point all of us have neglected. Medical Student graduates as a Medical Doctor who can practice directly after school because they are awarded the Profession Certificate and not just academic certificate... I mean MBBS. We Engineers are awarded Academic Certificate and we need like I think 5 years practice to be qualified to be certified as an Engineer by Coren. This is one of the main tussles. Nigeria Body that regulates Engineering profession missed it from that point. Had it been we Engineering Students graduates as an Engineer like Medicine Students who graduates as Doctors... this plight would be easy to fight.I wish COREN & NSE can look into this and change it.. even if it will require us to do an extra six month training or one yr training in an Engineering company to get certified as an Engineer b4 NYSC... it will help us. Many Engineering graduates have been lost to other field because of this problem. There are many jobs that demands a certified Engineer and U as a fresh graduate cannot apply.

Another thing that is also very key in this is that the entry level of most Engineering courses in our Universities is very low.... If U see Medicine Students beating their chest that they are better than us... they know what they are saying and it is valid because anybody cannot just say he wants to go and study medicine.. because the entry level is high. Pple with high IQ are those who make it to medicine. Engineering in our schl is full of many types of pple. So if this can be regulated it will help protect the Engineering profession and performance will not be an issue

Lastly I can see pple are saying they shud send Engineering Graduates to Engineering Companies. The question is how many Engineering Companies are in the local govt of Nigeria States since posting is done local govt by govt within a state. And besides because of low standard and low entry level to Engineering courses we have more graduates of Engineering than medicine... so where will they pack them to. If they pack every engineer to where industries are like Lagos, Sango Ota etc how will the main objective of NYSC be achieve which is promotion of national unity. The best they can do is to rotate it... like spend some months teaching and then go to another place for industrial experience since we are much and if standards can be upgraded and more industries are created then things will align and shape better.

And pls lets stop the comparison. Medicine and Engineering demands high IQ to study. Both use their brain. Whether U want to memorise or do analytical thinking... high intelligence is still needed.

reduce supply,demand will be high and the price paid for a commodity will go up.

thats exactly what the doctors and nma has done right.

in faculty of engineering you have many departments all of them admitting,in medicine you are admitting as one faculty.

because of the shortage of doctors and the regulation that you cannot set up a hospital without having a doctor made it for them.

another people facing the same problem is lawyer,their own worst pass.due to too many lawyers being pushed out by 6 law schools one per geopolitical zone.now law graduates earn 5,000 per months after graduation until they gain enough experience and client to set up their own chambers.

even at that the whole problem is summerised to one,bad economy and nigeria being a consumming nation not a manufacturing nation. FACT!,however,the doctors too are suffering like hell but you wont notice becuse we are focused on just the public sector who is doing father xmas.in private sector,how many earns more than 200,000 per months?this one wey every street get more than 2 hospitals.

its only in the medical sector that the public sector pays more than the private sector.

Thanks
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Hardey10(m): 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2018
ultron12345:
upon all what u go through, what do u guys have to show for it, common renovation of 500m road, Nigerian engineers can't do, we have to bring engineers from India.

Una no know anything, that y Nigerians have deemed it right that u work as teachers during nysc

sir, is it that qualified engineers didn't show interest or the government asked them to tender and they didn't?
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by eshietweb: 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2018
Having read everyone's response to the Engineering vs Medicine issue these are my observations,research and experiences so far:
No one should compare Engineering with Medicine.
1. To be an Engineer (Engr), you need at least 4 years practical field experience which is after graduation. So if you add 4 years inclusive of 5 years of schooling then you see that for one to be an engineer you'll spend 9years. So one being a graduate of Engineering doesn't make that one an engineer. To get certified you'll spend close to or over 300k for the exams.
2. If an Engineer (1 Engineer) makes a mistake, Billions of Dollars or Naira of work will be damaged e. g The NASA space rocket that cost over10 billion dollars that broke down while landing because an engineer missed a single line of code for the landing gear. Also millions of lives will be gone e.g A recent malfunction of a power transmission line control gear somewhere in south america that could have cost about 10 million lives. While the cost in damage lost is always 1 patient due to the doctors carelessness or wrong prescriptions and by then no one will probe them and if an autopsy is carried out their association will start pulling strings from everywhere while the family of the decease cry out their heart.
3. Yes Doctor collects about 100k while serving after getting a job they get paid in less than 1million according to the national salary scale. Engineers earn more than doctors in the long run e.g Check out engineers enumeration in Oil and Gas, Mining, Telecommunications,Power, Manufacturing etc even in the medical field. You can't pay an Doctor 10 million here in Nigeria for an operation but i have witnessed a payment of about 50 million to an Engineer that help analyse and troubleshoota Gas well production design error here in Nigeria and the guy didn't spend more than 48 hrs.
4. The future of medicine is Engineering and as such they current Nigerian doctors are scared because many of them don't read or research to improve day by day with best practices that has innovative ways to handle medical complications that engineering has provided. You can see it in the way that the health sector in Nigeria is currently, they are so scared about adopting Engineering and Technology because of fear of losing their Jobs.

My advice is, if you are a Doctor don't come here to lord it over others that you are superior than the Engineer. You have a manual you work with that has been written down for you and the human body can not do more than it is designed to do. Give due respect to the other parts of Medical field e. g Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Science, Biochemistry etc. You can't do all these Jobs on your own, after all your Job is dependent on all these ones.

1 Like

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Savotech: 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
Doctor makes a mistake, only one life will be lost... And yet he will say he has tried his best. No one can argue with him.

Engineer makes a mistake, tens or thousands of life will be lost and he will be sued for bad design or using substandard material.

Think deeply... Engineers should be respected more. This is truely an injustice.

1 Like

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 08, 2018
GentlemanAyo:

Uninformed and grossly ignorant? You just described yourself. If you are not uniformed and grossly ignorant, you won't say that rubbish you posted above. Doctors are intelligent people, they don't make meaningless comparison because they know better. Are you sure you are one of them? Or you are just some basic medical science individual.

Not medic or doctor but I'm way better than you egghead
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Michael004: 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2018
jargo89:
And you couldnt get that from my response. Then you have your own agenda.

*The number of children helps in diagnosis of what kinda of breast lump a lady has. Multiparous women (women with more than one child) are less prone to breast cancer than a lady who hasnt given birth.

Every question a doctor asks is to aid his diagnosis. You keep shouting treatment. How would a doctor treat you if he doznt knw wats wrong with u? The questions help him/her make a provisional diagnosis which he can confirm with investigations like Cytology, MRI etc.

I think you should spend better tym getting info rather than trying to put others down. Download the book i refered to u and enlighten yourself.
I do not need to download any book cos it does not pertain to engineering. It is not thermodynamics it Welding inspection. How will doctor not know what is wrong with his patients after telling him he or she had cancer or malaria. Or are you telling me by asking the number of children determines the sickness of the mother? Why confusing yourself sir?
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by jargo89(m): 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2018
Michael004:
I do not need to download any book cos it does not pertain to engineering. It is not thermodynamics it Welding inspection. How will doctor not know what is wrong with his patients after telling him he or she had cancer or malaria. Or are you telling me by asking the number of children determines the sickness of the mother? Why confusing yourself sir?
Please remain ignorant for the sake of everyone's sanity. Have a nice night.

Modified

For the sake of sensible people who might learn, when a doctor asks about your family history. He's not asking for asking sake. He's asking to aid his diagnosis. A brief scenario is Madam A who presents with vomiting and has constipation with a swelling in the stomach. On history you find out her mother died of colonic cancer. As a doctor dat narrows your diagnosis and you can easily send for a CT scan. Instead of bookin various tests. Uve narrowed it to one

Another scenario is a Madam B who says she has a lump in her breast, she has 3 kids, neva used oral contraceptive, she has stopped menstruating and her mother nor sisters never had cancer. A doctor wuld see dz and doubt if dz is cancer. Instead he feels it culd be a traumatic necrosis, ectasia or fibroadenosis. Such a doctor would perform a cytology and save d woman losing her breast.

In both cases, family history would aid the doctors in choosin the most beneficial test and saving the patient a whole lot of money.

Back to you Mr Engineer, life doznt start and end with thermodynamics. Having knowledge abt oda fields makes you more enlightened and less of a ranting ignorant. God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by jargo89(m): 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2018
eshietweb:
Having read everyone's response to the Engineering vs Medicine issue these are my observations,research and experiences so far:
1. To be an Engineer (Engr), you need at least 4 years practical field experience which is after graduation. So if you add 4 years inclusive of 5 years of schooling then you see that for one to be an engineer you'll spend 9years. So one being a graduate of Engineering doesn't make that one an engineer. To get certified you'll spend close to or over 300k for the exams.
2. If an Engineer (1 Engineer) makes a mistake, Billions of Dollars or Naira of work will be damaged e. g The NASA space rocket that cost over10 billion dollars that broke down while landing because an engineer missed a single line of code for the landing gear. Also millions of lives will be gone e.g A recent malfunction of a power transmission line control gear somewhere in south america that could have cost about 10 million lives. While the cost in damage lost is always 1 patient due to the doctors carelessness or wrong prescriptions and by then no one will probe them and if an autopsy is carried out their association will start pulling strings from everywhere while the family of the decease cry out their heart.
3. Yes Doctor collects about 100k while serving after getting a job they get paid in less than 1million according to the national salary scale. Engineers earn more than doctors in the long run e.g Check out engineers enumeration in Oil and Gas, Mining, Telecommunications,Power, Manufacturing etc even in the medical field. You can't pay an Doctor 10 million here in Nigeria for an operation but i have witnessed a payment of about 50 million to an Engineer that help analyse and troubleshoota Gas well production design error here in Nigeria and the guy didn't spend more than 48 hrs.
4. The future of medicine is Engineering and as such they current Nigerian doctors are scared because many of them don't read or research to improve day by day with best practices that has innovative ways to handle medical complications that engineering has provided. You can see it in the way that the health sector in Nigeria is currently, they are so scared about adopting Engineering and Technology because of fear of losing their Jobs.

My advice is, if you are a Doctor don't come here to lord it over others that you are superior than the Engineer. You have a manual you work with that has been written down for you and the human body can not do more than it is designed to do. Give due respect to the other parts of Medical field e. g Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Science, Biochemistry etc. You can't do all these Jobs on your own, after all your Job is dependent on all these ones.
All I see up there is how better you think you are. Ironic you offer others an advice not to feel superior. If you truly love what you are doing, then enjoy it. You dont need to feel the urge to compare with others.

You earn more? Enjoy it
You are more important? Feel good
You are the future? Love it

If you however have to tell people you are betta than doctors to feel good, then accept my pity.

6 Likes

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Olumyco(m): 11:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
Doctors work on what God designed...humans and animals. I think such a tin is not easy looking at the fact that human beings are complex.

Engineers work on designing or redesigning a system meaning bringing into existence what has never existed... exploring what God himself hid and bringing it to the fore or re building what has existed in another way for better performance.

I think the two professions are great and trying to lord one over another is simply not going to work and it looks somehow.

Why cant we just face our professions and make sure we excel in them. See a course or profession is nothing if people in that profession does not do well. Man is the one making a profession proud. So lets get over this comparison epidemic. If U want to compare... do it on basis of personality. U personally is responsible for the greatness of your course. If you pick a course and U are doing well in it... U make that course proud and attractive. Look at Ben Carson... the first person to separate a Siamese Twins successfully. He made the profession proud. When Nigeria Doctors were able to combat Ebola without foreign help... it made the entire medicine profession proud. Even the US wanted to know how we did it. This what we shud be debating here.. lets talk about successes from both angle and personalities. Emagwali, a Nigeria designed a super computer... his design is the reason computer is fast today. Lets invest our time on what makes each profession proud rather than this time wasting comparison that can lead no where. The two profession are great and innovative.

Many Engineers are here bashing medicine as just an ordinary course... if you look into the field of neurosurgery and other brain medicine field U will know medicine is not a child's play. Do U pple think its easy to study and unravel what God himself designed? Do U pple know that MAN is the greatest design that exist in this world. So pls reason and look more into personality. How many doctors can operate on brains in Nigeria? How many Engineers can design an automobile that uses electricity etc.

And for the medicine guys, dont ever undermine Engineering Profession. God created this world and hid mineral resources and other valuables under the ground. So many tins are hidden, even technology itself was hidden.. because God did not manufacture anything to be used by man...we were only given raw materials... so uncovering what God himself buried is not a child's play. Thats why technology keeps evolving as new things are discovered. So Thinking out the technology to manufacture a tin itself is not easy. Discovering tins itself too is not easy... because they are hidden.
So every profession is unique in its own way.

The question is What are you doing to make your profession proud?. Your answer to this is your defense in this matter and not the number of yrs U spent in schl or how fat ur salary is.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Oleash: 4:12am On Mar 09, 2018
EngrKem:

Fvck u doctor! We study the hardest! We are smartest! We are engineers,we can do anything.
So much for being smart. Can't even express yourself without using swear words. Most 10 year olds will do better. Oga smart engineer, clap for yourself. Please start with manufacturing calculators.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by badman007(m): 5:33am On Mar 09, 2018
What is the point of studying engineering in Nigeria even? Nigerian engineers are like the worst in the world, good for nothing, they produce nothing.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by badman007(m): 5:39am On Mar 09, 2018
Hardey10:

sir, is it that qualified engineers didn't show interest or the government asked them to tender and they didn't?

Anybody that brags about being a Nigerian engineer needs their head examined. Africa, Nigeria should be a hub for engineers with great ideas but Nigerian engineers are full of shit and theories. Theories they don’t fully understand.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by badman007(m): 5:41am On Mar 09, 2018
I can survive a day without doctor but you can't survive a day without something made by an Engineer.

Not a Nigerian Engineer.. Blocking av kee dem
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by GentlemanAyo(m): 5:45am On Mar 09, 2018
neoapocalypse:

Not medic or doctor but I'm way better than you egghead

Wow, I see why you can never understand complex situations, arguing about what is none of his business. Useless wannabe. Go and compare yourself to your fellow fish brains, I'm done with you, you quote, I refuse to reply, off to work bye now and forever.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Michael004: 8:18am On Mar 09, 2018
jargo89:
Please remain ignorant for the sake of everyone's sanity. Have a nice night.

Modified

For the sake of sensible people who might learn, when a doctor asks about your family history. He's not asking for asking sake. He's asking to aid his diagnosis. A brief scenario is Madam A who presents with vomiting and has constipation with a swelling in the stomach. On history you find out her mother died of colonic cancer. As a doctor dat narrows your diagnosis and you can easily send for a CT scan. Instead of bookin various tests. Uve narrowed it to one

Another scenario is a Madam B who says she has a lump in her breast, she has 3 kids, neva used oral contraceptive, she has stopped menstruating and her mother nor sisters never had cancer. A doctor wuld see dz and doubt if dz is cancer. Instead he feels it culd be a traumatic necrosis, ectasia or fibroadenosis. Such a doctor would perform a cytology and save d woman losing her breast.

In both cases, family history would aid the doctors in choosin the most beneficial test and saving the patient a whole lot of money.

Back to you Mr Engineer, life doznt start and end with thermodynamics. Having knowledge abt oda fields makes you more enlightened and less of a ranting ignorant. God help us all.
Yes, life doesn't end with thermodynamic. How many times have you mr doctor carries engineering book to read. This is not a matter of ignorant, you are talking, and from your write up, i picked a question. But instead of you to answer, you are trying to dudge, are doctors this lazy in nigeria? I repeat, does the number of children determines the nature of someone's sickness? I come to you as a doctor, i tell you i have malaria, you ask me the number of children and i ask you, does that determines the nature of the sickness or the cause of the sickness? Do not run mr doctor.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by jargo89(m): 9:06am On Mar 09, 2018
Michael004:
Yes, life doesn't end with thermodynamic. How many times have you mr doctor carries engineering book to read. This is not a matter of ignorant, you are talking, and from your write up, i picked a question. But instead of you to answer, you are trying to dudge, are doctors this lazy in nigeria? I repeat, does the number of children determines the nature of someone's sickness? I come to you as a doctor, i tell you i have malaria, you ask me the number of children and i ask you, does that determines the nature of the sickness or the cause of the sickness? Do not run mr doctor.
Mr funny man, I might not read vastly on Engineering but i try to enlighten myself about the course. And it is one i treasure and respect as being an Aeronautic engineer was once a dream.

To compound your ignorance, you said you go to the doctor and tell him you have malaria. Since you have your diagnosis, why go to the doctor? Saying Nigerian doctors are lazy made me laugh this morning tho'. Thanks

For your question, you are obviously not smart to even study Engineering cos I av answered it in my last posts. And i will tell you again, the number of children helps in making a diagnosis as not giving birth is a risk for breast cancer. If that is still not clear enough for you, then i give up.

My advice is: Let go of your bilous hatred/jealousy, it pulls you down. If truly you are a prospective engineer, then appreciate who you are and make yourself better. M sorry but i wont respond to your rants anymore.

Have a wonderful day ahead, Mr Micheal.

2 Likes

Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by yusman14(m): 11:02am On Mar 09, 2018
magicminister:
Loool... fighting over peanuts instead of thinking of how to innovate.
I made a 2.2 in economics from a federal university. There was no hope for me but now, I make atleast 350k per week. That is the minimum I make every week in Lagos.

This life scatter. My brother, just so your thing and let others do theirs. Even if they pay you 100knper month, after NYSc, you go still broke!
...pls sir i.need ur help
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Michael004: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2018
jargo89:
Mr funny man, I might not read vastly on Engineering but i try to enlighten myself about the course. And it is one i treasure and respect as being an Aeronautic engineer was once a dream.

To compound your ignorance, you said you go to the doctor and tell him you have malaria. Since you have your diagnosis, why go to the doctor? Saying Nigerian doctors are lazy made me laugh this morning tho'. Thanks

For your question, you are obviously not smart to even study Engineering cos I av answered it in my last posts. And i will tell you again, the number of children helps in making a diagnosis as not giving birth is a risk for breast cancer. If that is still not clear enough for you, then i give up.

My advice is: Let go of your bilous hatred/jealousy, it pulls you down. If truly you are a prospective engineer, then appreciate who you are and make yourself better. M sorry but i wont respond to your rants anymore.

Have a wonderful day ahead, Mr Micheal.
Oh, cos you have not able to answer my question makes me not smart to study engineering. Typical of a typical Nigerian to invade question. If I am not smart, I won't be hitting you with a question you can't answer, you said you have answered, answered what? Asking me number of children before treating malaria hehehehehe. If I have fracture in my bones too, the number of my children will determine my treatment right. Mr doctor. I give up on you. Thanks for making me laugh anyway, after all, non of you so called doctors have been able to answer or give convincing answer to it. Have a nice day.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
GentlemanAyo:

Wow, I see why you can never understand complex situations, arguing about what is none of his business. Useless wannabe. Go and compare yourself to your fellow fish brains, I'm done with you, you quote, I refuse to reply, off to work bye now and forever.

You make me laugh , I'll best you in any academic test. I wasn't expecting much from you anyway dimwit. Incase you don't know I have an IQ of 129 which I'm very sure towers way over yours , if you're up to it we can have a general knowledge test at your convenience and we will post the results here egghead. Dindinrin omo
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2018
GentlemanAyo:

If you refuse to the test then I truly know you're a dimwit.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by GentlemanAyo(m): 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2018
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
yusman14:
....can an engineer b posted 2 oil company/
Of course they can but it is based on connection
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by eshietweb: 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2018
jargo89:
All I see up there is how better you think you are. Ironic you offer others an advice not to feel superior. If you truly love what you are doing, then enjoy it. You dont need to feel the urge to compare with others.

You earn more? Enjoy it
You are more important? Feel good
You are the future? Love it

If you however have to tell people you are betta than doctors to feel good, then accept my pity.

I am only laying out facts, i have no intentions of making myself (Engineers) better than Doctors because i am in both fields.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by yusman14(m): 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
AK481:

reduce supply,demand will be high and the price paid for a commodity will go up.

thats exactly what the doctors and nma has done right.

in faculty of engineering you have many departments all of them admitting,in medicine you are admitting as one faculty.

because of the shortage of doctors and the regulation that you cannot set up a hospital without having a doctor made it for them.

another people facing the same problem is lawyer,their own worst pass.due to too many lawyers being pushed out by 6 law schools one per geopolitical zone.now law graduates earn 5,000 per months after graduation until they gain enough experience and client to set up their own chambers.

even at that the whole problem is summerised to one,bad economy and nigeria being a consumming nation not a manufacturing nation. FACT!,however,the doctors too are suffering like hell but you wont notice becuse we are focused on just the public sector who is doing father xmas.in private sector,how many earns more than 200,000 per months?this one wey every street get more than 2 hospitals.

its only in the medical sector that the public sector pays more than the private sector.

Thanks
....engineering cut off is very high...bcaus d op said engr entry level ar very low..e is wrong..oau mech eng cut off 4 dis year is 74%..mbbs is 76% c d difference
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by yusman14(m): 10:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
eshietweb:

..pls sir i seems not 2 understand sumtin..if sum1 graduate as an engineer frm d uni @ age 24..and he/she want to apply 4 a work of 4 yrs experience..and d age limit 4 d job is 26yrs...if d person want to goan gain sum experienc in a firm..den d person.wil b 28yrs...is d person qualify 2 apply 4 d job again due to d age limit??pls i need answers
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by acorntree(m): 7:08am On Mar 11, 2018
yusman14:
..pls sir i seems not 2 understand sumtin..if sum1 graduate as an engineer frm d uni @ age 24..and he/she want to apply 4 a work of 4 yrs experience..and d age limit 4 d job is 26yrs...if d person want to goan gain sum experienc in a firm..den d person.wil b 28yrs...is d person qualify 2 apply 4 d job again due to d age limit??pls i need answers

Age limit doesn't affect professional engineer cadre/ job. Entry level engineering job doesn't require you to have been registered with coren. You need to work for some years under a certified engineer before you can be registered. you need registration when you are gradually becoming manager or HOD in your chosen profession else you may not be promoted to or beyond certain level. No company or establishment will require a young graduate to have registered for any entry level job. registration is only needed for experienced people. Engineering is not like medicine where you become a doctor out of school. Engineer need experience. No where in the world you become a certified engineer out of school. Pupil engineer need on the job training. you're expected to go through a professional training/tutelage. you need to gain experience under or supervised by a certified engineer in your industry or field.

Note: the argument here is baseless. Those engineering graduates calling themselves Engineer are absolutely ignorant. Their engineering education has only exposed them to science of engineering not engineering practices or techniques. they need to add value in their chosen profession before they earn like or even more than their counterpart medical doctors. Adding value comes from years of experience which many young engineers lack.
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by yusman14(m): 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2018
acorntree:

Age limit doesn't affect professional engineer cadre/ job. Entry level engineering job doesn't require you to have been registered with coren. You need to work for some years under a certified engineer before you can be registered. you need registration when you are gradually becoming manager or HOD in your chosen profession else you may not be promoted to or beyond certain level. No company or establishment will require a young graduate to have registered for any entry level job. registration is only needed for experienced people. Engineering is not like medicine where you become a doctor out of school. Engineer need experience. No where in the world you become a certified engineer out of school. Pupil engineer need on the job training. you're expected to go through a professional training/tutelage. you need to gain experience under or supervised by a certified engineer in your industry or field.

Note: the argument here is baseless. Those engineering graduates calling themselves Engineer are absolutely ignorant. Their engineering education has only exposed them to science of engineering not engineering practices or techniques. they need to add value in their chosen profession before they earn like or even more than their counterpart medical doctors. Adding value comes from years of experience which many young engineers lack.
..tankx sir....i av now understand...d funiest part is dat i am a fresher met/mat(oau)..bt i am very versatile.i do research alot ..infact most undergraduate engr dnt no sum tinx dat i no(nt academics oo)..i am just planning my life and career after graduation.in ife...menh...i stil av a very long way 2 go.....i am jst discouraged...i dnt av money 4 my skul fees....i luv ur explanation...
once again...tankx sire!!!
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2018
magicminister:
Loool... fighting over peanuts instead of thinking of how to innovate.
I made a 2.2 in economics from a federal university. There was no hope for me but now, I make atleast 350k per week. That is the minimum I make every week in Lagos.

This life scatter. My brother, just so your thing and let others do theirs. Even if they pay you 100knper month, after NYSc, you go still broke!

Hi bro pls check pm
Re: Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers by Lordsagna: 9:23am On Jan 28, 2021
I'm currently studying engineering but medicine is all I want... JAMB damilohun oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Damilola Babola Wins Mr University Africa Competition 2016 / Militants Attacking Students Of Igbinedion University. / Ceiling Fan Falls During A Lecture At UNILAG Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.