Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787349 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:58am On May 25, 2018
Vnjz:
Good Morning Guys,

Please i am having issues with space on the online portal, the column for passport data page still has additional space i can use. can i include additional documents to this columns like proof of asset

No, learn to follow instructions so you do not provoke the ire of a visa officer. They expect orderly arrangement of documents so they can know where to find what.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gerrymini: 10:21am On May 25, 2018
@jnyuwa02

Cool, When did you do yours?

jnyuwa02:

You can be done with submission at Abuja, biometrics and everything collected in only a few hours. Mine took two hours. There are no lines, just come and do your submission and you will be out in no time. Thank God for Abuja. If things all over Nigeria worked like Abuja, we would have a country we can all be proud of.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 10:32am On May 25, 2018
Good day everyone, please I have a Perculiar issue my sponsor which is my uncle say a letter from his bank is Enough to suffice for his bank statements and his id card will prove where he works , I intend getting his tax clearance for last year to add it as he hasn’t filled for this year , will this be sufficient for me ? And passport page

N.b : I am admitted will full funding
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 10:32am On May 25, 2018
Have been keeping this to myself since but I can't continue keeping

I applied for a student visa(online) on 17th February, 2018

Did my biometrics on 18th February, 2018

Till now no update on my application online

I'm really disturbed ohh, is that how Canadian student visa does delay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:34am On May 25, 2018
gerrymini:
@jnyuwa02

September 2017 and I know various people who file there, the latest only two weeks ago and it took her only two hours to do everything and submit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Twallace: 10:41am On May 25, 2018
mightyola:
Please house, is there a reason why United Kingdom or Great Britain is not included in the list of countries of Birth on the IMM1294E form?. Please its pretty urgent.

Is there no option for England and other nations that make up Great Britain?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:43am On May 25, 2018
charlyduru:
Good day everyone, please I have a Perculiar issue my sponsor which is my uncle say a letter from his bank is Enough to suffice for his bank statements and his id card will prove where he works , I intend getting his tax clearance for last year to add it as he hasn’t filled for this year , will this be sufficient for me ? And passport page

Hard copy of bank statement showing transactions is what is required, a letter from bank is optional and not as important. You need affidavit of support from him that he would be willing to contribute to miscellaneous expenses, including tickets.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by technokid(m): 10:45am On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I am glad you took my advice and contacted your school. Where are those critics who said I didn’t school in Nigeria and have no idea? Where are those who said it will take 2-3 years? At a point I just stopped arguing and let them feel like they won. You don’t have to win every argument I have learnt as my rule in life, you can just agree to disagree. It shouldn’t be about outwitting anyone in an argument, it’s about helping I am here.

Well done bro, no guts no glory!! You have done the right thing now and it will avoid any lingering questions in the mind of the VO. If you paid all two years tuition expenses, it’s a good move. Make sure you transfer 10k Dollars into your dormicilaiary account and the tender of SOA business account will fly. Best wishes to you and feel free to ask any questions here you have anytime.
Thanks alot bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:45am On May 25, 2018
Steper4u:

Don’t be dismayed, have faith. Don’t be anxious. You cannot force them to make a decision. Just be patient and hopeful, if it’s gone past the processing time and you know the visa office acting on your application, shoot them an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 10:46am On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Hard copy of bank statement showing transactions is what is required, a letter from bank is optional and not as important. You need affidavit of support from him that he would be willing to contribute to miscellaneous expenses, including tickets.

I have other requirements the SOA is the only missing thing, this letter coming from a US bank , will it hold ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 10:52am On May 25, 2018
charlyduru:

I have other requirements the SOA is the only missing thing, this letter coming from a US bank , will it hold ?

Yes it will hold, but endeavour to show bank statement with transaction details. What is he hiding that he doesn’t want to give you his bank statements? Or does he not trust you? Can he transfer the money he purportedly wants to give you for your education, into you own personal domiciliary account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:27am On May 25, 2018
On the form

Funds available for my stay?

My expenses in Canada will be paid by?-- Should i fill SPONSOR which are my SIBLINGS or SIBLINGS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by charlyduru: 11:28am On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Yes it will hold, but endeavour to show bank statement with transaction details. What is he hiding that he doesn’t want to give you his bank statements? Or does he not trust you? Can he transfer the money he purportedly wants to give you for your education, into you own personal domiciliary account?

He is a distant uncle and am just using him for appearance, my parents are the ones footing my bills.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 11:32am On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Don’t be dismayed, have faith. Don’t be anxious. You cannot force them to make a decision. Just be patient and hopeful, if it’s gone past the processing time and you know the visa office acting on your application, shoot them an email.

Thanks for the encouragement.
When I applied for the visa, the processing time then was 6weeks.

Moreover, i don't even know where my student visa is being processed since I applied online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:37am On May 25, 2018
charlyduru:

He is a distant uncle and am just using him for appearance, my parents are the ones footing my bills.

What prevents you from using your parent’s bank statement since they are the ones supporting you. I know some people abroad are wary of divulging their bank statements and account into to Nigeria for obvious reasons. That is probably why he doesn’t want to give you. But since you have full funding just use the minimal amount in your parent’s bank. It should sail through with a good SOP for why you think you will return to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by aduku1(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

September 2017 and I know various people who file there, the latest only two weeks ago and it took her only two hours to do everything and submit.

Took me not more than 15mins yesterday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by aduku1(m): 11:46am On May 25, 2018
gerrymini:
@jnyuwa02

Took me just 15min...Abuja is cool
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 11:55am On May 25, 2018
Qupp:

How i am going to link my bsc in mcb i nigeria to bsc in computer science in canada. Am a programmer.
How long have you been a programmer? if it has been long and you have proof(showing all the jobs or some important ones), then it will fly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:00pm On May 25, 2018
aduku1:

Took me not more than 15mins yesterday

That is wassup!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 12:05pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

If the names are spelt wrongly from the name on your passport, you should go and rectify the names on your certificate and NYSC. Otherwise, go and do your passport in the name on your certificate and NYSC. You dont want CIC thinking you burrowed someone’s certificate with almost similar names like yours.
Cc: Tecnokid, an affidavit stating there was a mistake on your certs will do. His first and last names were well spelt, just the omission of "h" in the middle name so that won't be a problem. AN AFFIDAVIT WILL BE ENOUGH!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 12:36pm On May 25, 2018
Steper4u:

Thanks for the encouragement.
When I applied for the visa, the processing time then was 6weeks.

Moreover, i don't even know where my student visa is being processed since I applied online

If your application has Passed the normal processing time and you have sent a mail to them with no effect. Take a back door by ordering your GCMS note. They will attend to it sharp sharp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Ratawu: 12:41pm On May 25, 2018
charlyduru:

Embassy does recognise a letter from Canadian and USA banks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 25, 2018
Uchboggy:
Please gurus, quick question, is it a rule or is it stated expressly that the statement of account should be 6months? Whatt if it’s 3months ? 6month is way too bulky for online route.

Also is it possible to use zip file to compress the documents and upload the zip file so as to accommodate many documents?

Cc @austinpee4 , frankrobbn1

Put all your documents in a single Word document, save it as a pdf file. Then to compress, use smallpdf.com
Works like magic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:45pm On May 25, 2018
Ratawu:

Embassy does recognise a letter from Canadian and USA banks

Please where did you get your information? Many have presented foreign bank statements and letters and scaled through. In fact I will assert that they have more credibility weight given to them than Nigerian banks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 12:46pm On May 25, 2018
Bros, everything is not fight. But be careful to read properly so you don't misinterpret. It was clearly stated that he should confirm the possibility of having it changed while also considering getting a sworn affidavit. This was not supposed to be a case of na my point win or na my point lose.

Just a matter of sharing opinions, both opinions could have been correct. At the end of the day, nobody is fully correct, it's a matter of what you have seen work at some point. Abi you na VO?!

Easy bro...

Cheers

jnyuwa02:

I am glad you took my advice and contacted your school. Where are those critics who said I didn’t school in Nigeria and have no idea? Where are those who said it will take 2-3 years? At a point I just stopped arguing and let them feel like they won. You don’t have to win every argument I have learnt as my rule in life, you can just agree to disagree. It shouldn’t be about outwitting anyone in an argument, it’s about helping I am here.

Well done bro, no guts no glory!! You have done the right thing now and it will avoid any lingering questions in the mind of the VO. If you paid all two years tuition expenses, it’s a good move. Make sure you transfer 10k Dollars into your dormicilaiary account and the tender of SOA business account will fly. Best wishes to you and feel free to ask any questions here you have anytime.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 25, 2018
gerrymini:
Hello House,

Please does anyone know what submission at Abuja VFS is like because Lagos is a no-go area? Went this morning only to be given appointment date for June 8. I plan on travelling on Monday please any info?

Also, is biometrics done on the same day for paper submission?

Wow. Are u sure u did not join the queue for SA? Has any other person had tjis experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:54pm On May 25, 2018
harde116:
Bros, everything is not fight. But be careful to read properly so you don't misinterpret. It was clearly stated that he should confirm the possibility of having it changed while also considering getting a sworn affidavit. This was not supposed to be a case of na my point win or na my point lose.

Just a matter of sharing opinions, both opinions could have been correct. At the end of the day, nobody is fully correct, it's a matter of what you have seen work at some point. Abi you na VO?!

Everything is not fight. I believe he asked me the question directly and I told him how to address the root of the problem and others came and said an affidavit is what will work. I have seen affidavits work for name change and other seeming inconsequential stuff, but never seen it used when the document upon which the very document admission is granted and now

IMM1294EEasy bro...

Cheers

Dude this tire me ooh, enough of this! Everything is not fight. I believe he asked me the question directly to me and I told him how to address the root of the problem and others came and said an affidavit is what will work. I have seen affidavits work for name change and other seeming inconsequential documents, but not when the very document admission is granted is errorneous. I thought it was risky. Any perspective could be right? But they came out clearly and said I was wrong. Anyways, I have taken it in good strides and the asker has chosen what to do best and I applaud him for it! Let’s move to new things please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 12:57pm On May 25, 2018
Steper4u:

But what is your online dashboard showing under background check and eligibility review?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 1:32pm On May 25, 2018
sontelme:

It's online route can you clarify what you mean by it will not work at all, how do I den track my application. Please revert

Only sharing from my experience... I applied in April 13th and did my Biometrics the next week at Lagos VFS but cannot track my application till moment. I guess it works for only those who did paper application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Owoch: 1:32pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Please this is my first time of writing. Still trying to wrap my head around how this works.

If I happen to do my biometrics at Abuja vfs, can I go to Lagos vfs to submit my passport when the time comes or it has to be Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 1:37pm On May 25, 2018
Ratawu:

If your application has Passed the normal processing time and you have sent a mail to them with no effect. Take a back door by ordering your GCMS note. They will attend to it sharp sharp

Thanks I will do that. But the days it takes before one gets the GCMS note is discouraging

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.