Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (787467 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by larry10: 3:59pm On May 25, 2018
joe10:

I applied April 13th still praying and waiting for final decision as today makes it 6 weeks as stated as the processing time when i applied. I just dey fear but God dey sha...
Applied April 11th and it was on background check for 6 weeks. Eligibility just went under review this morning.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 4:02pm On May 25, 2018
Please, I need help from anyone going to Canada this June.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:06pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

I am glad you took my advice and contacted your school. Where are those critics who said I didn’t school in Nigeria and have no idea? Where are those who said it will take 2-3 years? At a point I just stopped arguing and let them feel like they won. You don’t have to win every argument I have learnt as my rule in life, you can just agree to disagree. It shouldn’t be about outwitting anyone in an argument, it’s about helping I am here.

Attorney jnyuwa02, LOL! grin your comments don't seize to amaze me seriously any time I set my eyes on them. Nobody is against you nor are we in any competition with you here. Don't outrightly make it sound as if we are criticizing you. Besides, we cannot all agree on the same point. Initially, we were simply letting the applicant know that a sworn affidavit will work perfectly at this point in time, If it happens to be that he was unable to effect the change of name on his degree certificate.

LOL! Take am easy your blood dey hot Attorney! We are one okay! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:08pm On May 25, 2018
Yuyukoko:

On seeing this, I went to check cic.gc.ca but still seeing 4months bank statements, I'm confused now.

Please where is the attachment of what you saw? 3 or 4 months not much of a difference. I think 3 months is the minimum. Use your discretion. I know someone who submitted one year and scaled through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2018
Hi guys please this is kind of urgent , if an applicants Dad who is into business and has a registered name with CAC is the sponsor . Apart from bank statement of account and letter of sponsorship, what other documents does he need to submit/present.?

Must the letter of sponsorship have to be in the company’s letterhead?

Note: I know it has been discussed severally on this thread but I tried to trace it and couldn’t right now cos it’s kind of urgent. Please if you know it help me repeat it. Thanks House .

Cc @austinepee4
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 4:11pm On May 25, 2018
Prudento:

Has ur eligibility review started?

Only seeing 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility' only Biometrics is said to be completed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:12pm On May 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Attorney jnyuwa02, LOL! grin your comments don't seize to amaze me seriously any time I set my eyes on them. Nobody is against you nor are we in any competition with you here. Don't outrightly make it sound as if we are criticizing you. Besides, we cannot all agree on the same point. Initially, we were simply letting the applicant know that a sworn affidavit will work perfectly at this point in time, If it happens to be that he was unable to effect the change of name in his degree certificthat

LOL! Take am easy your blood dey hot Attorney! We are one okay! grin grin

Sir Frank, na wa for you ooh! How far?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 4:17pm On May 25, 2018
Hello boss, what's the update on your application? I believed you got medical request in February, which is over 3months.
jnyuwa02:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:21pm On May 25, 2018
Uchboggy:
Hi guys please this is kind of urgent , if an applicants Dad who is into business and has a registered name with CAC is the sponsor . Apart from bank statement of account and letter of sponsorship, what other documents does he need to submit/present.?

Must the letter of sponsorship have to be in the company’s letterhead?

Note: I know it has been discussed severally on this thread but I tried to trace it and couldn’t right now cos it’s kind of urgent. Please if you know it help me repeat it. Thanks House .

Cc @austinepee4

It will help for letter of sponsorship to be on sponsor letterhead or notarized affidavit. CAC certificate, sponsor’s SOA and tax clearance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 4:23pm On May 25, 2018
larry10:

Applied April 11th and it was on background check for 6 weeks. Eligibility just went under review this morning.

Wow... sign of progress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 4:26pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Attorney! The young man is humble and communicating from the south-western region of the country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:26pm On May 25, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Hello boss, what's the update on your application? I believed you got medical request in February, which is over 3months.

I think it’s stuck in the system pending some verifications from the USA. I have no doubt though that it will sail through. This success is for this house. Either way I will inform the house as soon as I hear anything which should be soon because USASK has written them to expedite the process. Only three months left.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:31pm On May 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Attorney! The young man is humble and communicating from the south-western region of the country.

Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yuyukoko: 4:31pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Please where is the attachment of what you saw? 3 or 4 months not much of a difference. I think 3 months is the minimum. Use your discretion. I know someone who submitted one year and scaled through.

One year! No way. Smiles. I actually like to think of 3months, I'll see how to attach the 4months screenshot I saw.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 4:31pm On May 25, 2018
The bolded though. Can university influence cic decision?
jnyuwa02:

I think it’s stuck in the system pending some verifications from the USA. I have no doubt though that it will sail through. This success is for this house. Either way I will inform the house as soon as I hear anything which should be soon because USASK has written them to expedite the process. Only three months left.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:32pm On May 25, 2018
Yuyukoko:

One year! No way. Smiles. I actually like to think of 3months, I'll see how to attach the 4months screenshot I saw.

Yay way!!smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:33pm On May 25, 2018
Phocusjosh:

They can!! Depends on the letter they write. A powerful letter written on behalf of the applicant while leaving the discretion still to the VO, can go far.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yuyukoko: 4:36pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

See what I saw.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 4:37pm On May 25, 2018
Phocusjosh:

No.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:48pm On May 25, 2018
Yuyukoko:

See what I saw.

Very interesting! Is this from CIC webpage?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by adel3951: 4:52pm On May 25, 2018
[quote author=Famzyactivity post=67816283]Gurus in the house , who can please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Uchboggy(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It will help for letter of sponsorship to be on sponsor letterhead or notarized affidavit. CAC certificate, sponsor’s SOA and tax clearance.

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 5:02pm On May 25, 2018
Hello,

Please what school and province?

kylexy61:

Thanks. My school reopens in September, so more time. Preparations are currently ongoing. The usual "pre-departure syndrome":

-Refurbishing my wardrobe
-Searching for accommodation
-Smiling in anticipation whenever Canada is mentioned on TV.
-Wondering how on earth I can fit my entire existence into two 23kg suitcases.
-Wishing June, July will be removed from the calendar so September comes quickly.

God has been Faithful.

It shall end in praise for us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 5:04pm On May 25, 2018
Newman1010:

@originally, congratulations on your admission. I’m sure i will be saying another congrats to you in two months time.

kindly ensure that you put up a good application. Be clear on your purpose of visit, ties to home country, assets if you have any, your parents property can help. Also ensure your previous study/ current job is in line with the Current program, explain all gaps, share your travel history (if you don’t have one, share the travel history of you family members that obeyed their visa conditions), share your after study plan and make sure you finances are adequate and the sources are clear. Pay part tuition if the funds are available or tell your sponsor to transfer sufficient funds to you. Ensure you explain every major lodgement. You can use sub headings for each point on your SOP. It is clearer that way. Back every statement on your SOP with clear documents.

Lastly pray, pray and continue to pray

Come back here in two months to share your testimony.

See you in Halifax

Wish you guys all the Best

SMU is a very good school and Halifax is also awesome.

You would enjoy the small city.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yuyukoko: 5:06pm On May 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Very interesting! Is this from CIC webpage?

Yup.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 5:27pm On May 25, 2018
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv:
Hello,

Please what school and province?

York University, Toronto, Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Msteemuchmo: 5:39pm On May 25, 2018
Its been a long time. Good to be back here! Part 14 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by phemmisky(m): 5:40pm On May 25, 2018
faroouqq:
Anyone please?

Faroouqq pls respond to my mail. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chibreezy: 5:41pm On May 25, 2018
If your supervisors have uploaded their reference letter that's how it should be. Though u can still contact them to confirm they have uploaded though..all the best
Josh1996:
Good afternoon bosses, for those that applied to university of Ottawa...I just checked my uzone and saw a section with letter of supervisor approval among the list of uploaded documents. Is or was this really same with you guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by phemmisky(m): 5:43pm On May 25, 2018
mistake
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jacintaflavian: 6:08pm On May 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

jacintaflavian,

I want to believe you're going for an undergraduate program at MUN that's why they persisted on you taking an IELTS test. Be guided that the conditional offer that will be issued to you will based on taking an ESL program prior your undergraduate degree program. I advise you send your IELTS result and get an unconditional acceptance offer before embarking on your application for a visa.

All the best!
what if i apply with it just for the esl program, then if they give me visa for the 3 months course, once i get to canada , i apply to extend my visa with the uncounditional offer they will send to me later
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 6:22pm On May 25, 2018
kylexy61:

York University, Toronto, Ontario

May I ask when you plan to come to CA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.