Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (801991 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2018
BoystoMen:
Yes i was working since 2011 with my HND had my Bsc. In 2017
I wrote it out in my previous sop
I dont think the vo even read my previous sop then
How can i address this now?
Do you think i should apply alone these time?
Please respond
Am putting my documents together to reapply
Thanks soo much

It depends on the age of your last child I guess. It may not be reasonable in the opinion of a VO to leave a baby behind. You could make daycare arrangement in Canada to show the VO child upkeep will not hamper your studies if your last child is still a baby.

The experts in the house should please assist this lady urgently because I'm a novice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2018
BoystoMen:
I need help on how to tackle the vo concerns
I want to reapply
Please assist me

I think the main issue is considering your age and the fact that you wish to go with your 3 kids, the Visa officer thought that the cost involved is way too much, & hence this might just be a pretext to enter Canadian soil. Maybe try convincing him with a well drafted career plan & how the MBA will help you in Nigeria once you’re done.

NB: I’m also planning to go to Thompson Rivers University for an MBA this Fall 2018. I’m currently waiting for the unconditional admission letter which I can use for my visa application. I was denied the visa once, so I’m trying to ace the SOP this time.
God is in control of it all. By his grace we will meet there coming September. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 11:14am On Jun 09, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 11:38am On Jun 09, 2018
Aii, confirmed. Thanks
charlyduru:

Pleased and please split you don’t wanna bore the VO with the story of your life.
SOP straight to point as usual
LOE ADRRESSING DENIAL REASONS STRAIGHT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2018
nivlek000:
Hi guys,
3 questions.

1. How does the Passport expiry date affect the student visa duration and even chances of issuance?

2. Can one renew a Nigerian passport before it expires? Any rules around that?

3. Also can one have a different (new) passport stamped in place of the soon to expire one?

Unless your passport is missing or full with stamps, I think you can only renew as from 6 months before the expiry date of current passport.

Someone mentioned something about passport expiring before program completion without without mentioning how long the validity period of the passport was which can be misleading as we will be guessing without enough information.

For other Countries, you can travel with your old expired passport with valid visa PLUS a new valid passport. The validity of the visa can outlive the validity of the passport. Generally, most Countries demand that your passport should have at least 6 months validity period when applying. For Canada, if you have 7 months before applying and by the time it is being processed, it is only remaining 4 months validity period, I don't know how they will approach it. I expect them to request you present a new passport since it wasn't your fault that you couldn't renew at the time of visa application, but all countries have their rules.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 11:44am On Jun 09, 2018
1. It doesn't affect issuance of TRV so far you applied above 6 months to the expiring date. When given he TRV, u can always renew in Canada.
2. Yes. I renewed ma passport 3 months to the expiring date. I think the stipulated period of renewal is 6 months to the expiring date .
3. Yes, immediately you are given ur new passport the Old one is considered invalid even if it hasn't expired.The immigration officials will stamp on the old one to show it's now invalid. You can't have 2
valid passports at a time.. Good luck
nivlek000:
Hi guys,
3 questions.

1. How does the Passport expiry date affect the student visa duration and even chances of issuance?

2. Can one renew a Nigerian passport before it expires? Any rules around that?

3. Also can one have a different (new) passport stamped in place of the soon to expire one?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
Lets do some little mathematics. April to January = 9 Months. Which means u can't renew now until late July or early August. The VOs know about all this, and am sure they know you can't apply for a new passport now. What they will do is that they will grant you a year visa So when u get to Canada, you can always renew and extend ur visa(With precised explanation) if you going for a two year course. Also the VO can reguest for a new passport buh i DNT think they will do that until your passport is six months to the expiring date.. This VOs can't be predictable tho.. Just ma little cent. Good luck
nivlek000:
Hi Makano,

I'm a bit confused let me clarify a bit.

Applied April 20th.
Passport expires Late January 2019
Intend to travel 3rd week of August 2018 if all goes well

Case 1: If I were to be asked to submit my passport for the Visa stamp, will the visa validity extend past January 2019?

Case 2: If i decided to get a new passport before the Visa is ready, will I be submitting the old or new passport? I am assuming the visa that'll be issued will be tied to the Old passport but you say the new one renders it invalid.

Case 3: If Case 1 is True and then I get the new passport, does that in anyway invalidate the visa stamped on the old one? I am assuming this will invalidate the old passport though.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
sogima:
I really don’t understand why these application process is not predictable..
Applied March 10
Medical request April 30th
Passed medical Early May

No final decision yet and this is my 3rd months of application..,

I really don’t understand this...

Send them a case specific enquiry!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Sultty(m): 1:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hello family please help a brother. I am a bsc holder since 2012 with third class degree, could I be considered to pursue my masters in Canada? and if so what are documents required from me before I eventually apply for student visa thanks as I await responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Jewel80(f): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
Lemia:
Hello everybody!

Sum jus happen right now! grin

My Study Permit Application was just approved!!!!

I really appreciate all you guys in this forum. I couldn't have done this without you guys!

@Austinpee Thanks a whole bunch for the SOP review and the level of confidence you had in me!

Here's my profile.

Application submitted 11th April, Paper route, upfront medicals.

Approved 8th June.

B.Sc Industrial Engineering, University of Ibadan. (First class). Graduated January 2017

MSc admission to University of Waterloo, Systems Design Engineering. $36,635 per year funding ( comprising both RA and TA) and Dad also transfered 3M naira to me. Tuition $24,000

Had work experience with 4 different engineering firms(internships).

Submitted all CIC forms
Police Certificate
Employment docs
Dad's Employment and retirement docs
Landed property
Dad sponsorship letter
my CV
Perfectly crafted SOP
My SOA and Dad's SOA
My UG transcript
whole family birth certificates
NYSC documents.

Cheers!

Congrats dear! Please what did you use to show home ties? Was the landed property yours or your parents'
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oshey9999: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
chisiudeh:
So i got an email last night saying my account has been updated but lo and behold, there has not been any change . No mail for biometrics yet. Na only me waka come ??

@chisiudeh Have you been asked to go for Biometrics? A friend just reached out to me that he applied on June 7th (2 days ago) and has not yet been asked to go for biometrics. He received an email yesterday that there was an update in his cic account but upon login nothing was found (just like in your case). Interestingly, background check has already begun. I will like to know if any other applicants are experiencing this. Is this the new normal?

I hope to hear from you or anyone in similar situation.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
Thanks soo much
My last child is 2yrs
My ist is 7 while the 2nd is 5yrs
I attached the email correspondent i had with a administrator of a school (daycare and afterschool )since my first 2 will be attending public schools and a copy of the waitlist form i submitted to the school
What else should i have included?
Should i highlight the queries and explain each one of them in the explanation letter?
How should i tackle them?
T
galala123:

It depends on the age of your last child I guess. It may not be reasonable in the opinion of a VO to leave a baby behind. You could make daycare arrangement in Canada to show the VO child upkeep will not hamper your studies if your last child is still a baby.

The experts in the house should please assist this lady urgently because I'm a novice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
Amen
Thanks soo much

Is anything wrong with my age with 3kids?
How do i address the queries now?
Should i highlight them one after the other in my explanation letter?

reichwolf:

I think the main issue is considering your age and the fact that you wish to go with your 3 kids, the Visa officer thought that the cost involved is way too much, & hence this might just be a pretext to enter Canadian soil. Maybe try convincing him with a well drafted career plan & how the MBA will help you in Nigeria once you’re done.

NB: I’m also planning to go to Thompson Rivers University for an MBA this Fall 2018. I’m currently waiting for the unconditional admission letter which I can use for my visa application. I was denied the visa once, so I’m trying to ace the SOP this time.
God is in control of it all. By his grace we will meet there coming September. Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Clahws: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hello Nairaland,

Subsequent to my initial refusal I want to apply for a study permit again. I want to know the best way to address my Refusal letter in my SOP. I also want to find out how have my house valued.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
Clahws:
Please How do I order for GCMS NOTE.
I was rejected today based on 5 different reasons to believe that I will not leave Canada after completion of program:
1. personal Finance & Assets.
2. Purpose
3. Family Ties
4. Current employment situation
5. My passport will expire before the completion of program

When is your passport expiring?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
Lemia:
Hello everybody!

Sum jus happen right now! grin

My Study Permit Application was just approved!!!!

I really appreciate all you guys in this forum. I couldn't have done this without you guys!

@Austinpee Thanks a whole bunch for the SOP review and the level of confidence you had in me!

Here's my profile.

Application submitted 11th April, Paper route, upfront medicals.

Approved 8th June.

B.Sc Industrial Engineering, University of Ibadan. (First class). Graduated January 2017

MSc admission to University of Waterloo, Systems Design Engineering. $36,635 per year funding ( comprising both RA and TA) and Dad also transfered 3M naira to me. Tuition $24,000

Had work experience with 4 different engineering firms(internships).

Submitted all CIC forms
Police Certificate
Employment docs
Dad's Employment and retirement docs
Landed property
Dad sponsorship letter
my CV
Perfectly crafted SOP
My SOA and Dad's SOA
My UG transcript
whole family birth certificates
NYSC documents.

Cheers!

Big Congrats bro.. I have been rejected b4, plzz can you share with me ur SOP, employment introduction letter, sponsor's letter to johnpfyfasnow@gmail.com so I can use it as a writing smaple and guide & if possible can I add you up on whatsapp plzzz

..and what is SOA?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
GoldenBalls:

..and what is SOA?

Statement Of Account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trondevices: 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
Hi guys please I need advice on my visa application.i just recieved my admission letter yesterday to to study masters in business administration for September fall 2018 in Thompson rivers.i have 3 concerns mainly (1) my nysc will be over in October while the semester starts in September (2) advice on how I can present my brother who has two kids as sponsor (3)It’s just two months far from September and am worried about the time frame to prepare my documents and also visa application duration which takes over a month.please guys I need candid advice.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reichwolf: 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
Trondevices:
Hi guys please I need advice on my visa application.i just recieved my admission letter yesterday to to study masters in business administration for September fall 2018 in Thompson rivers.i have 3 concerns mainly (1) my nysc will be over in October while the semester starts in September (2) advice on how I can present my brother who has two kids as sponsor (3)It’s just two months far from September and am worried about the time frame to prepare my documents and also visa application duration which takes over a month.please guys I need candid advice.thanks

Well since I am also awaiting the MBA unconditional admission letter from Thompson Rivers, I guess your brother has already paid CAD$ 7500 for the first semester tuition fees. So that combined with a bank letter & signed letter by your brother should according to me a sign of good faith. Also add some birth certificates to show the family relation, police certificate & proofs of ties to come back to Nigeria like a career plan once you end your studies.

I am currently perfecting my SOP in await of the admission letter. This is my email if you want us to share tips: adildil56@gmail.com.

I hope we all get the TRV by God’s grace & go to Kamloops come this Fall 2018!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
Lemia:

Send them a case specific enquiry!

I av done that, but no response yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by brainiac007: 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
Good day everyone.

I want to begin my application process to 3 universities.

1. Will my my referees, who happen to be my past lecturers, need to write 3 letters of recommendation each addressed to each university or is it that they will title it, TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN and I make copies for each university?

2. The school where I acquired my Bsc does not issue unofficial transcripts. Can I use the transcript I recieved months ago while trying to apply for another university as a unofficial transcript to all the schools I'm applying to pending when admission is granted as required by the schools?

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
Same here. I applied on the 6th

Oshey9999:

@chisiudeh Have you been asked to go for Biometrics? A friend just reached out to me that he applied on June 7th (2 days ago) and has not yet been asked to go for biometrics. He received an email yesterday that there was an update in his cic account but upon login nothing was found (just like in your case). Interestingly, background check has already begun. I will like to know if any other applicants are experiencing this. Is this the new normal?

I hope to hear from you or anyone in similar situation.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Send your contact pls
This my email
Am for Thompson Rivers university too
Judeo552000@yahoo.com
reichwolf:

Well since I am also awaiting the MBA unconditional admission letter from Thompson Rivers, I guess your brother has already paid CAD$ 7500 for the first semester tuition fees. So that combined with a bank letter & signed letter by your brother should according to me a sign of good faith. Also add some birth certificates to show the family relation, police certificate & proofs of ties to come back to Nigeria like a career plan once you end your studies.

I am currently perfecting my SOP in await of the admission letter. This is my email if you want us to share tips: adildil56@gmail.com.

I hope we all get the TRV by God’s grace & go to Kamloops come this Fall 2018!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by reveal: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
Each school will advice you on how to send the letter of recommendation.

Yes you can use the same unofficial transcript, used same for my applications.

brainiac007:
Good day everyone.

I want to begin my application process to 3 universities.

1. Will my my referees, who happen to be my past lecturers, need to write 3 letters of recommendation each addressed to each university or is it that they will title it, TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN and I make copies for each university?

2. The school where I acquired my Bsc does not issue unofficial transcripts. Can I use the transcript I recieved months ago while trying to apply for another university as a unofficial transcript to all the schools I'm applying to pending when admission is granted as required by the schools?

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 6:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Jewel80:

Congrats dear! Please what did you use to show home ties? Was the landed property yours or your parents'

Home ties were my career goals in Nigeria. my parents/siblings and the landed property in my dad's name. Though he stated in his letter of support that the property would be mine on my return to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
sogima:

I av done that, but no response yet

Send another one then send an email as well. Ensure to state your UCI and application numbers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Oshey9999: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
jydorchem:
Same here. I applied on the 6th

You mean no biometric request (fingerprints) and your background check has begun?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 7:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
I am helping a friend with his study permit application. He is going for a masters program self-funded. His maternal Uncle will sponsor him. Documents provided by his uncle so far in addition to his mum's birth certificate are; Letter of sponsorship, affidavit of relationship, SOA personal, and company registration. Please what more prove does he need to make this application successful? His own statement account and N3.5m T-Bill are included in the application, he also have study leave letter from his workplace and Deed of Gift for landed property.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 8:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Yes

Oshey9999:

You mean no biometric request (fingerprints) and your background check has begun?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
Another question even though my first one was not answered (See below). I am submitting an online application for a friend, their is no place holder for Police clearance certificate, how do I attach it?

geotherm:
I am helping a friend with his study permit application. He is going for a masters program self-funded. His maternal Uncle will sponsor him. Documents provided by his uncle so far in addition to his mum's birth certificate are; Letter of sponsorship, affidavit of relationship, SOA personal, and company registration. Please what more prove does he need to make this application successful? His own statement account and N3.5m T-Bill are included in the application, he also have study leave letter from his workplace and Deed of Gift for landed property.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.