Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,508 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (801825 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by life4lekan2: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
Oshey9999:

My friend is a first time applicant. He applied on June 7 (3 days ago) and no biometric email till now. Background check is currently being processed.

I think there has been changes in the way they process applications. I could remember I got my biometric email immediately after submitting my online application and background check didn't commence until after six weeks.
My bro applied on 7th too and yet to get the biometric email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
Oshey9999:

My friend is a first time applicant. He applied on June 7 (3 days ago) and no biometric email till now. Background check is currently being processed.

I think there has been changes in the way they process applications. I could remember I got my biometric email immediately after submitting my online application and background check didn't commence until after six weeks.

Interesting. CIC can’t be predicted. My background check started immediately I submitted my application. I also got biometric collection letter immediately.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by brainiac007: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
kylexy61:

1. For applications to most universities in CA, you will be required to enter the emails of your lecturers. The universities themselves will contact the lecturers and give them specific instructions regarding how upload the recommendation letters. So don't worry too much about that.

2. Yes, you can.

Thank you so much!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by brainiac007: 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
reveal:
Each school will advice you on how to send the letter of recommendation.

Yes you can use the same unofficial transcript, used same for my applications.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
Go online
Search for schools around your uni that hv daycare and after school care
Send them a mail lik an enquiry
You start from there
Have you applied for study permit?
olugere:
How do you get the daycare, I wish to secured daycare for my children too, my application is similar to you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
I have not, am just arrangeing my documents, am going to Algonquin college Ottawa Canada,

Am a father as the main applicant for study permit. I want to apply for open spouse work visa for wife and TRV for 2 children, first 3 years, second 1 year

What details about you.

BoystoMen:
Go online
Search for schools around your uni that hv daycare and after school care
Send them a mail lik an enquiry
You start from there
Have you applied for study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
Pls I want to summit my study permit application paper route what will dey have to see with me b4 they allow will to book an appointment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
CIC is becoming very funny, I applied March 12 and it's there normal trend to send email every month that there has no been update on my application. Quite surprised to get this mail now (June 10) "There have been no updates to your application (my application number) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience. This message is intended for the following e-mail address: my email. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

Abeegi make the V.O wey dey in charge of my application approve am now; 14 weeks of application, 6 weeks after medical undecided undecided. e

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2018
Phocusjosh:
CIC is becoming very funny, I applied March 12 and it's there normal trend to send email every month that there has no been update on my application. Quite surprised to get this mail now (June 10) "There have been no updates to your application (my application number) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience. This message is intended for the following e-mail address: my email. If this message is not for you, please delete it.

Abeegi make the V.O wey dey in charge of my application approve am now; 14 weeks of application, 6 weeks after medical undecided undecided. e

Have you written to them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
Not atal
Famzyactivity:

Have you written to them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:39am On Jun 11, 2018
BoystoMen:
Thanks soo much
I studied Business Administration and going for Mba
Been working since 2011 with my Hnd and had my Bsc in 2017
My experience is in finance(stockbroker/Bank)
My husband is my sponsor
He showed soa of 25m and $56,000
Hes investment letter of 10m
Hes pension account
Landed property
Sponsorship letter
Employment letter
Payslips,company idcard,data page
While i submitted
Employment letter
Introduction letter from my office
Payslip
Soa with 2.8m
Birthcert
Copy of the waitlist form i sent to a school in kamloops for my kids daycare and after school
A copy of the mail thread with the administrator of the school
Telex copy of semester fees i paid to my school (7,500cad)
Statement of purpose
And soo

I
You need to work on your SOP. Your SOP should speak for you, it should answer all questions you think will be going through the vo's head. You are going for studies and as such you are expected to return back to Nigeria after you programme, you also need to explain how related your intended course, previous course and work experience are related(just feel the vo has no idea what business admin is). Another important point is letting the vo know your plans after study(how you intend using your MBA back in Nigeria).
Lastly, you can decide to apply alone (there won't be any red flag) or apply with your children but I ALWAYS ADVISE APPLICANT TO APPLY ALONE FIRST THEN AFTER FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND SPOUSE AFTERWARD cos with that you will have very little convincing to make and your children and spouse can serve as your hometie.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:48am On Jun 11, 2018
Trondevices:
Hi guys please I need advice on my visa application.i just recieved my admission letter yesterday to to study masters in business administration for September fall 2018 in Thompson rivers.i have 3 concerns mainly (1) my nysc will be over in October while the semester starts in September (2) advice on how I can present my brother who has two kids as sponsor (3)It’s just two months far from September and am worried about the time frame to prepare my documents and also visa application duration which takes over a month.please guys I need candid advice.thanks
1. You won't have issue with your NYSC, be truthful to the vo that you are serving now and apply for your trv.
2. Let your brother submit his statement of account, proof of business/work/source of fund, his letter of support stating how much he will be committing towards your studies and he should state his number of dependants(mainly children and wife), his work ID. For more read page 0 to get more info.
3. There's still time to apply, you should have gathered your documents even before your offer letter showed up. But not withstanding you should be able to meet up, as you can gather your documents within a week or less. Still read page 0 of this part to know more about documents to submit. BEST OF LUCK
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by BoystoMen: 4:43am On Jun 11, 2018
Thanks soo much
Working on my sop
Will send it to people to preview this time
I did it Alone the last time
mcobex:
You need to work on your SOP. Your SOP should speak for you, it should answer all questions you think will be going through the vo's head. You are going for studies and as such you are expected to return back to Nigeria after you programme, you also need to explain how related your intended course, previous course and work experience are related(just feel the vo has no idea what business admin is). Another important point is letting the vo know your plans after study(how you intend using your MBA back in Nigeria).
Lastly, you can decide to apply alone (there won't be any red flag) or apply with your children but I ALWAYS ADVISE APPLICANT TO APPLY ALONE FIRST THEN AFTER FOR THEIR CHILDREN AND SPOUSE AFTERWARD cos with that you will have very little convincing to make and your children and spouse can serve as your hometie.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 11, 2018
Cherryola:
Pls I want to summit my study permit application paper route what will dey have to see with me b4 they allow will to book an appointment

Your International passport and a photocopy of the data page.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 6:13am On Jun 11, 2018
Thanks
Frankrobbn1:

Merge the police clearance certificate with your personal documents and upload them in the client information space!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 6:15am On Jun 11, 2018
Thanks this makes absolute sense.
Frankrobbn1:

geotherm,

Include the uncle identification Card (Int'l passport bio data page). Presenting a study leave letters for a 2 year and above program does not appear realistic. You can show ties to your home country through your career prospects, family property, family business etc..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 7:54am On Jun 11, 2018
joe10:
Good day guys. Just noticed an update on my background check which reads "We are reviewing your background check" I checked yesterday no updates, so surprised to see this update today since Apr 13th when I applied with upfront medical.

Pls do VOs work weekend?

Let's pray for the best as you have always wished. Did you do your biometrics on the 13th as well?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 7:56am On Jun 11, 2018
So does that mean that those that have been rejected visa and wanna re-apply won't need to do or pay for biometrics again ?
Phocusjosh:
If you have a valid visitor visa, or a study or work permit, and you gave your biometrics in the past, your biometrics are valid from the date you gave your biometrics for a period of 10 years. You do not need to give your biometrics until the 10-year period expires.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 8:24am On Jun 11, 2018
galala123:

Let's pray for the best as you have always wished. Did you do your biometrics on the 13th as well?

I did my biometrics on the 19th of Apr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 11, 2018
Has anybody head from jnyuwa1. he has been absent from here for too long.
Hope all is well with him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2018
He's doing very fine, just engaged in some personal stuffs. He will soon be here cool cool
emeify:
Has anybody head from jnyuwa1. he has been absent from here for too long.
Hope all is well with him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Trondevices: 11:42am On Jun 11, 2018
Hi guys please I need advice on my visa application.i just recieved my admission letter yesterday to to study masters in business administration for September fall 2018 in Thompson rivers.i have 3 concerns mainly (1) my nysc will be over in October while the semester starts in September (2) advice on how I can present my brother who has two kids as sponsor (3)It’s just two months far from September and am worried about the time frame to prepare my documents and also visa application duration which takes over a month.please guys I need candid advice.thanks
Frankrobbn1:

faroouqq,
1-) Have you submitted your application? If No?

Let you and your sponsor state that he deposited the said amount of money into a dormicarly account in your name. Also it's important your sponsor be the one to address the number of dependants he has not you.

2-) it's not compulsory to submit transcript with your application, but it is very necessary as it is among the requirements from Lagos visa office. You can submit the soft copy in your possession, as you are not required to submit your original transcripts/documents. But make sure it's signed or stamped by the university.

3-) Go to NPC office and get a new birth certificates for your sponsor it goes for N1,000

4-) Why can't your school email you the coloured (original) copy at once. As what is required by the Canadian embassy is Originals of letter of acceptance. Most schools in Canada have deviated from sending LOA by courier to electronic method(By email). So ask them to send this through email, as is one of the requirements from your local embassy.

5-) You can pick some points from the SOP you used during your admission process.

Your letter of intent for visa application should reflect the following and should be addressed in each paragraphs to avoid repetition.
1-) Describe your academic background briefly.
2-) The program of choice.
3-) The school.
4-) Why Canada not Nigeria.
5-)How you intend to finance your studies in Canada without working.
6-) Your Home ties
7-) What you intend to achieve at the end of the program and how it might benefit you in the future.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you need further clarification, don't hesitate to ask questions.

All the best!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HerMoney: 1:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
Sorry pls I don't understand. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I dint sign any form. I drafted a letter on Ms Word and sent it which the person uploaded. It was afterwards that I saw a consent form. I dint know there was a specific consent form to fill. Do I need to sign that form and send to him to redo the whole process? Thanks a lot.

Frankrobbn1:

HerMoney,

You don't need any other form. The signed consent form you sent to the person assisting you is only form that is required for this process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Kinfinity007: 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" since last week thursday, is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
Cherryola:

Today that place looked like a walk-in-and-submit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
Now Guys, this is a Great and Unusual a News!!!

My Visa Application Has Been Approved!

My Profile: Applied this year, lol
Upfront Medicals: None
Medical Request: None
Visa Approved: Yes

Documents Submitted

All Forms
Proof of Application Fees Payment
Two passport photographs
International Passport, with photocopy of the data page
Copies of Birth Certificate and Certificate of Origin
Admission Letter, Msc
Proof of Funding: Letter of Full Funding from University
Police Clearance Certificate
Academic Transcripts
Degree Certificate
Awards
NYSC Discharge Certificate
SSCE
Resume
Proof of Employment/Activity:
Letter of Acceptance as a Volunteer in a University
Letter of Explanation
Birth certificates of family members

Conspicuously Missing:

No Statement of Account
No Sponsorship Letter from any big uncle
No assets
No travel history

Key Factor:
Jehovah God

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
No Medicals, Wow
Congrats �

Prudento:

Documents Submitted

All Forms
Two passport photographs
Admission Letter, Msc
Academic Transcripts
Degree Certificate
Awards
SSCE
Resume
Letter of Explanation

Conspicuously Missing:

No Statement of Account
No assets
No travel history

Key Factor:
Jehovah God

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
@Prudento Pls help me with your number I tot they are now booking appointment to summit paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
HerMoney:
Sorry pls I don't understand. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I dint sign any form. I drafted a letter on Ms Word and sent it which the person uploaded. It was afterwards that I saw a consent form. I dint know there was a specific consent form to fill. Do I need to sign that form and send to him to redo the whole process? Thanks a lot.

Yes! You need to sign a consent form and resend it for the person to order the case file on your behalf.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
Prudento:

Documents Submitted

All Forms
Two passport photographs
Admission Letter, Msc
Academic Transcripts
Degree Certificate
Awards
SSCE
Resume
Letter of Explanation

Conspicuously Missing:

No Statement of Account
No assets
No travel history

Key Factor:
Jehovah God

I am a living witness to this shocking and undiluted testimony! It's totally true!
Congratulations prudento! God's speed!!! Your God is indeed alive!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by galala123(m): 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
Prudento:

Key Factor:
Jehovah God

Congratulations Prudento
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2018
Congratulations, God deserves all the praise.
This is what i keep saying, no blue prints to this visa application. With your profile, i'm sure it would have been easy for anyone to 'write off' your case.
Favor of God above all and your case is an evidence of this.

Prudento:

Documents Submitted

All Forms
Two passport photographs
Admission Letter, Msc
Academic Transcripts
Degree Certificate
Awards
SSCE
Resume
Letter of Explanation

Conspicuously Missing:

No Statement of Account
No assets
No travel history

Key Factor:
Jehovah God

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.