Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790746 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
reichwolf:
Please I have a question:

Should I merge my SOP with the supporting documents (scans of travel stamps, university transcript scans, police certificates, birth certificate, dad authorisation letter) and upload it where they say “Client information” on the CIC website??
Yep

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
Sosoliso711:
Hello Everyone,

Please I have a quick question. A friend of mine got admission to study in Canada for a PhD degree so she will be applying for my TRV next month by the Grace of God. The thing is she just found out that she's pregnant. Is this an issue? She applied for the position last year but got married early this year. Please is this an issue? Should she inform her advisor? she does not want to loose out on the admission because she received funding. Please gurus in the house, any other opinion?
cecechi:

Theres no problem, she just has to show enough funds to take care of herself and the baby in canada. In this case I think her husband can apply for spousal work permit with her to assist in taking care of the baby. Good financial backing and a strong SOP can clarify everything.
I have answered this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Sosoliso711: 5:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
@Cecechi, does she need to state that she is pregnant in her SOP? its not even up to a month yet? and should she contact her advisor or not?

Thank you for your help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chisiudeh: 5:23pm On Jun 12, 2018
Just got the mail for biometric. So check with your friend.
life4lekan2:

My bro applied on 7th too and yet to get the biometric email.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Cherryola: 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2018
@ayoslas88 do you wait for 3 weeks after booking an appointment b4 you sumitted your application yesterday or how many weeks or days you wait for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by moneyncar(f): 5:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hi family, I am planning to apply for my trv this wèek but I have some questions to ask
1) A company in Lagos wants to sponsor my schooling with 10million .What are the documents they will need to submit to the embassy?....
2) Can my husband become a go sponsor too?
3) I have been a stay home mum and have been involve actively in voluntary service (Nigerian Red Cross) . Can it fly?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
cecechi:
Hello everyone, I got a request for medicals but i uploaded the upfront medicals during my application with the space provided for it, I went to the place I did my medicals and they said they don't have access to my medicals any more, it has been sent... what should I do now.. thank you.

That's quite unfortunate. Try shooting CIC an email. If it does not work, you may have to consider redoing the medicals. Don't be disheartened by the unanticipated additional costs. With a medical request from CIC, your chances of approval is already 90+%.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
Cherryola:
@ayoslas88 when did you book an appointment that make you summit your app yesterday how long dose it take to come back for summittion after booking an appointment cos someone just said it take 3 weeks

I booked last2weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello Guys,

Isn't it possible to upload other docs in like '' medical or marriage certificate section''

There is plenty of space there. shocked

i am thinking of uploading one SOA to the medical form area and stating it in Proof of fund doc that its due to space constraint I did that. so that they can look it up from there.[quote][/quote] smiley

Over shrinking the docs makes it unreadable. so isn't this a better option.
Has anyone done this and scaled through?

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
ibeakema:
Another awesome testimony on TRV Approval

My TRV has been approved... God is still in the business of doing miracles!

My first online application was refused.

Second application 21st of May
Paper Route
Upfront medicals
TRV approval 12th of June

Documents submitted
All CIC forms
Birth certificate
Nysc
Police character certificate
Bsc transcript and degree certificate
2 personal land evaluations stating their worth, including deeds
CAC documents of my husband's company where I am a co director
My husband's company board resolution to support my masters degree
My husband's company SOA
personal SOA
Draft of 8,000 Canadian dollars
Scholarship of $20,000
Proof of tuition deposit

Above all, I prayed and fasted because most times even with billions in your account, these VOs can just refuse your application.

Congrats ma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ademcoboy(m): 6:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
ibeakema:

Paper Route
Upfront medicals

Documents submitted
All CIC forms
Birth certificate
Nysc
My husband's company SOA
personal SOA
Scholarship of $20,000
Proof of tuition deposit

Above all, I prayed and fasted because most times even with billions in your account, these VOs can just refuse your application.

Congratulations....
I guess since lagos is now processing study permit. paper route seems faster now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hrhchris: 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
pls is any one resuming in calgary for studies ( this fall 2018)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
Sosoliso711:
@Cecechi, does she need to state that she is pregnant in her SOP? its not even up to a month yet? and should she contact her advisor or not?
Thank you for your help!
Just mention that she's married year and all, when she applies for medicals the time of pregnancy will show. Saying that you're newly married shows that you can get pregnant anytime
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
kylexy61:

That's quite unfortunate. Try shootung CIC an email. If it does not work, you may have to consider redoing the medicals. Don't be disheartened by the unanticipated additional costs. With a medical request from CIC, your chances of approval is already 90+%.
That's the thing, waiting 2 weeks, by 23rd June if I don't hear anything I will redo it.... thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rolorolo: 6:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello All,

Please what I saw in my GCSM note today. I don't even know the interpretation. Guru in the house, please assist. I have been to Canada before. Beside, my sponsor is my Sister and not brother as referenced on the summary sheet and same was stated on my SOP. If I applied for TRV (Family) to Canada in 2016 and never violated their laws should I be penalized on the purpose of visit? All, help me analysis, dissect as I plan to resubmit my application next week.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rolorolo: 6:35pm On Jun 12, 2018
rolorolo:
Hello All,

Please see what I saw in my GCSM note today. I don't even know the interpretation. Guru in the house, please assist. I have been to Canada before. Beside, my sponsor is my Sister and not brother as referenced on the summary sheet and same was stated on my SOP. If I previously applied for TRV (Family) to Canada in 2016 and never violated their laws should I be penalized on the purpose of visit? All, help me analysis, dissect as I plan to resubmit my application next week.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Hrhchris: 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
where is the gcms note. so the house can understand you better
rolorolo:
Hello All,

Please what I saw in my GCSM note today. I don't even know the interpretation. Guru in the house, please assist. I have been to Canada before. Beside, my sponsor is my Sister and not brother as referenced on the summary sheet and same was stated on my SOP. If I applied for TRV (Family) to Canada in 2016 and never violated their laws should I be penalized on the purpose of visit? All, help me analysis, dissect as I plan to resubmit my application next week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

Isn't it possible to upload other docs in like '' medical or marriage certificate section''

There is plenty of space there. smiley

i am thinking of uploading one SOA to the medical form area and stating it in Proof of fund doc that its due to space constraint I did that. so that they can look it up from there.[quote][/quote] smiley tongue

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
ademcoboy:

Congratulations....
I guess since lagos is now processing study permit. paper route seems faster now.

Pls who told you dey re processing study permit in lagos?
Do we have Canadian embassy in lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
ibeakema:

Paper Route
Upfront medicals

Documents submitted
All CIC forms
Birth certificate
Nysc
My husband's company SOA
personal SOA
Scholarship of $20,000
Proof of tuition deposit

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jydorchem: 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2018
Thanks boss

From Obalende, take a bus going to Lekki/Ajah. Drop at Ikate bus stop. Cross to the other side. VAC is just some few steps from there, good luck.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lagos2canna: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
ayoslas88:

I booked last2weeks
After waiting for two weeks will your SOA still be valid? Did you receive a message to come for submission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
This is the second time i am receiving this message from CIC 'There have been no update to your application'. I am confused as to what to do now... 6 weeks PT when i applied but running 9 weeks now yet no update after I had my biometrics.

Pls should I message CIC about the outcome of my application? Would have opted for paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
I think there is a backlog with online apps...Just guessing!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

i am thinking of uploading one SOA to the medical form area and stating it in Proof of fund doc that its due to space constraint I did that. so that they can look it up from there.[quote][/quote] smiley tongue

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoadefantastic: 7:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
zan1999:

Sorry if you are angry that I blocked you but there are ways and etiquette of starting a conversation with a stranger. I answered others that was in contact with me.

Well I am actually not angry just embarrassed at such an act. Between "ways an etiquette " you say? Having exchanged messages back and forth via email and I went straight to my question when you gave me your WhatsApp no. Interesting!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

HAS ANYONE BEEN IN MY SHOES??

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

i am thinking of uploading one SOA to the medical form area and stating it in Proof of fund doc that its due to space constraint I did that. so that they can look it up from there. smiley tongue

HAS ANYONE BEEN IN MY SHOES??

goingforward.
I don't think you should do that, instead merge with proof of funds and client information... 8 mb should be enough abi.... You can share it between them both till it's complete.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
Okay, can I upload SOA, in each of my children's client information section instead and tell them to refer to that place for more docs?

my three months SOA is 20pages same with my husband. plus am uploading company sOA, hence my asking.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
ibeakema:

Paper Route
Upfront medicals

Documents submitted
All CIC forms
Birth certificate
Nysc
My husband's company SOA
personal SOA
Scholarship of $20,000
Proof of tuition deposit

Congratulation
Pls did u have scholarship in ur first application?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by life4lekan2: 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
chisiudeh:
Just got the mail for biometric. So check with your friend.

Got it too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.