Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790529 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 11:11am On Jun 21, 2018
Tobilexz:
Long post alert!!!!
First application: August 2017 and was denied September. Paper based
Second application: October 2017 and denied November. Paper based

Announcing Announcing. The miraculous approval of my TRV after 2 denials (paper based application.

Third application: Online. Submitted April 13th (coinidentally my mum's death anniversary). Medical request 13th of June. Approved 19th. Just saw it today

This application was not in anyway much different from the previous two. In fact it lacked more content than the previous two. No explanation provided for the points raised for the denials, less money in my sponsor's account, no properties document, even my SOP was very brief and just one page.

The difference was just God (i fasted and prayed like never before in my life) and the fact that my sponsor (sister) is now a PR, who is still living in Nigeria.

My pple at Brandon. Abeg make we link up

Bsc Computer Science
18 yrs old
Only one sponsor
Paid my school fees since first application

Special thanks to MaxiUde, Glitteringstar and Erons. My sister reached out to you guys and you all helped out

Congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 11:21am On Jun 21, 2018
WEIRDPC:

I do not know if this has been answered. Accommodation is usually shared 3 to 6 bedrooms around the school area with rooms in the basement, ground level and upstair(attic). Houses closer to school are more expensive compared to farther distance from school. A budget of 350 to 450 a month will work fine for accommodation. Except you want to stay alone, you should budget more.

There is also the option of getting accommodation on campus.

You menners dey feel oo. 350 is so cool. Where I'm headed to, I can hardly find any rental add with rent below 550.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2018
Lol......You are not alone bro. I passed medical 7 weeks ago and no update since then. I wrote to them ans I'm hoping they will fast track my application. Funny enough I've no travel history..... undecided undecided undecided
MichyEhi:
Hello everyone,

It’s been checking eligibility and doing the background check for over 2 weeks now.

I don’t really understand anymore.

Also, it’s been showing I have a new message since the 7th of June. I’ve read the messages but it won’t disappear.

And I’ve already passed Medicals.

Please I need more answers to this. And why haven’t they gotten back to me since then.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nduki10: 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2018
Please someone should help my application is 10 weeks and no update, online route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
Wow....This is great that are still attending to online applications asap. Please, when you get your passport, kindly notify the forum where you visa is been processed. All the best bro.
Tobilexz:
Long post alert!!!!

Announcing Announcing. The miraculous approval of my TRV after 2 denials (paper based application.

Third application: Online. Submitted April 13th (coinidentally my mum's death anniversary). Medical request 13th of June. Approved 19th. Just saw it today

This application was not in anyway much different from the previous two. In fact it lacked more content than the previous two. No explanation provided for the points raised for the denials, less money in my sponsor's account, no properties document, even my SOP was very brief and just one page.

The difference was just God (i fasted and prayed like never before in my life) and the fact that my sponsor (sister) is now a PR, who is still living in Nigeria.

Bsc Computer Science
18 yrs old
Only one sponsor

Special thanks to MaxiUde, Glitteringstar and Erons. My sister reached out to you guys and you all helped out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bukella(f): 1:38pm On Jun 21, 2018
kceecool:
Good day everyone,
Please I want to inquire if in Abuja Vfs office , would one still need to book appointment before submitting application like lagos vfs office... please treat as urgent.
Thanks.

No booking of appointment. You submit on the same day. Make sure your documents are complete and form correctly filled. They check the forms before accepting, if a part is not correctly filled, you will be told to correct and reprint. Also get there early.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
Tobilexz:
Long post alert!!!!

Bsc Computer Science
18 yrs old
Only one sponsor

Congratulations, bro. Canny-land will treat you well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by blaugrana82(m): 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
PlsGuys Pls I need your replies on this asap [/color][color=#006600] I' I'm trying to turn in my application tomorrow but I still need a few clarifications. I was offered MSc in the University of Saskatchewan. Chemical engineering. I've paid my first year tuition of 6536CAD and my sponsor transfer a sum of 3mil into my account for living expenses for the first year. But now I want to fill in the IMM forms. But I'm having issues on how to fill in the spaces for "tuition fee, living expenses, others and amount available for studies. How do I fill dem in?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drealsahmy(m): 5:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
1) please nairalanders, between USA and CANADA universities/colleges which still have scholarship for freshers applying newly, wrote my waec in 2014
2) which of them will grant me visa asap if i apply??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2018
So sad to announce my TRV refusal. I applied Apr 13th and got a refusal June 20th on the ground of 'Purpose of visit'.
However, I have applied for my gcms note for review before reapplying.
Will be grateful if anyone would volunteer to assist review my SOP before reapplying in July.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 7:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
joe10:
So sad to announce my TRV refusal. I applied Apr 13th and got a refusal June 20th on the ground of 'Purpose of visit'.
Will be grateful if anyone would volunteer to assist review my SOP before reapplying in July.

Oh sorry about that bro, please don't be down but I taught you were called for medicals right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by harde116: 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2018
It is well bro. Yes! picking up and moving on is the best thing at this point. We shall get there.

joe10:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2018
joe10:

Onwodiamaka@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by annmmesoma: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
I thought when being called for medical that it is already 100% that visa will be given to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
annmmesoma:
I thought when being called for medical that it is already 100% that visa will be given to you.

Joe10 wasn't called for medicals. He applied with upfront medical. Besides, being called for medicals isn't 100% guarantee of approval. 95% will be a more accurate estimation.

That being said, I am yet to see an applicant rejected after medical request in 2018 though.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 8:54pm On Jun 21, 2018
It is well bro. please share your profile.
joe10:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by messynaldo: 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2018
Good day guys. Anyone applied to usask for fall resumption

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by DrND(m): 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
joe10:

Jezzz! Almost 10 weeks of waiting....This is really heart breaking. Cheer up man I love your courage. With the right attitude and tenacity towards your goals you will definitely be successful. It will end in praise for TRV hopefuls. God is involved.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Mbaku86: 9:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
I received a Medical request on the 8th of June, 2018. Afterwards, i did my Medicals on the 11th and the Hospital confirmed they sent my report. But on my portal no update so far on the medical status. It is still showing that they have requested a Medical. Is the status on medical not supposed to have been updated by now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
Mbaku86:
I received a Medical request on the 8th of June, 2018. Afterwards, i did my Medicals on the 11th and the Hospital confirmed they sent my report. But on my portal no update so far on the medical status. It is still showing that they have requested a Medical. Is the status on medical not supposed to have been updated by now?

11th!! By now, they suppose to have updated it now... Keep firing prayers.. They should do that soon..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by odimbannamdi(m): 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
joe10:

It is well bro.

DId you read the guy's post up there where he said he was denied two times but he finally got it on the third attempt.

Quitting is no option, bro. Keep trying until you get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dboy4u: 10:04pm On Jun 21, 2018
Urgent answer needed please (bit lengthy-post)

Good eve guys, i submitted my application at lagos (vfs) on april 13th, 2018.. Instructed to do medicals on; may 5th... Did my medicals on May 7th... Passed my medicals a week after, thus, i didnt receive any further notifications until i had to track it online / link it to my email...
(Note: My application is being processed at Nairobi, Kenya)
And up till now, i'm still seeing final notification... I can say its over a month now; i've been waiting ever since i passed my medicals, and i heard it wasn't suppose to take over 2 weeks maximum..

Also, its been 9 weeks plus in general now.

So my question is;

1) Is there any prescribed email / phone no. for kenya embassy where i can write to make my complaints??.. If any, please i would appreciate.

2) I hope i won't look desperate by writing them, even as my session begins by september 5th.

3) What could be causing such delay now Because the restless - stress isn't just a funny thing jor. Habah.. Shuooo..

Thanks in advance for your reply / replies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MrsDaniels(f): 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2018
@frankrobbn1 pls kindly drop me ur email need to ask u something very important. thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vividumebi: 10:43pm On Jun 21, 2018
Please friends I need to know please what are the documents required for express entry apart from the ielts exam
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Niggafckyou07(m): 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hello guys! Please can a student in Canada or anyone that has a feel of how things work over there recommend a course of study that will lead to a viable career path for someone interested in traveling to Canada with an MPA( Master of public administration) degree in Nigeria?
kindly respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Geenosko: 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
Niggafckyou07:
Hello guys! Please can anyone recommend a viable career path for someone interested in traveling to Canada with an MPA( Master of public administration) degree in Nigeria?
Experts in the house, kindly respond.

Sorry o
But this is the height of unseriousness.

Some should recommend a career path for you on a public forum shocked

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ahaha.... Why did you come at him/her like that..... Lmao. ***** Funny though **

Geenosko:

Sorry o
But this is the height of unseriousness.

Some should recommend a career path for you on a public forum shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by geotherm: 12:19am On Jun 22, 2018
Please how long does it take to get Biometric instructions, I applied for a friend early this morning no mail yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drdamy(m): 3:26am On Jun 22, 2018
After denial with Pgd, who can suggest a good university for msc computer science. And is ielts compulsory?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by WEIRDPC(m): 3:33am On Jun 22, 2018
drdamy:
After denial with Pgd, who can suggest a good university for msc computer science. And is ielts compulsory?

Hello,

IELTS is not required in any canadian institution that i know of. What they normally ask for is TOEFl and its usually waived for nigerians because nigeria is classified as english speaking country. Some schools might still request for it though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.