Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (784067 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by monisola001: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
Truth be told i want a career in administration not engineering... I have being reading different posts on convincing sop and so on ...i am confused.

Prudento:

What are your career goals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hrhchris:
pray like you have never prayed before now. a decision would be taking in few days from now since you have done upfront and its showing pass. it took roughly 4 days from the time my application was showing review of eligibility and when i got approval. so pray brother. I wish you success and congrats in advance.

AMEN. My brother... I am doing my best in prayers and fasting but i know it's not enough. His GRACE will speak on my behalf.

Replied message from Nairobi immigration concerning my case. "Your online application is being processed by the Visa Office in London, United Kingdom. They are copied in this email. Please contact them at LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca for further assistance."

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Is Lagos vfs still booking appointment for submission, how long does the appointment takes.
someone I met at Abuja vfs said they gave him 3rd of July at Lagos,he had to travel from Lagos to submit at Abuja today
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rolorolo: 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2018
Lagos2canna:

Is Lagos vfs still booking appointment for submission, how long does the appointment takes.

Yes. You need to book appointment. I am submitting my application on 22/06/18. However, I got this date since last week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by swisster: 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
good evening all

plz i want to ask, how long does it take to get biometric call after submitting an application online.

2. is it on my email i will get d notification or my account on cic website.

itz bin 6 days now since i submitted my app.

thank u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by esefrancis: 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
Lagos2canna:
it's better you sworn affidavit because it will take years for waec to correct the age.

I have a friend who corrected this and reapplied and got it approved. But first of all was the age difference much. ?? On your passport and waec? How many years difference

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Currazzi: 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
joe10:

Now Reads "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"
. You will get a favorable decision before friday.congrats.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
swisster:
good evening all

plz i want to ask, how long does it take to get biometric call after submitting an application online.

thank u.

Hello Swisster,

I am so interested in hearing good news concerning your second application. Stay positive and stay strong.

Warm wishes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2018
Oga "VO", the said Moniker has done her Medicals already nd passed. Get to the root of a matter before u yarn balls..
GoldenBalls:

This info is inaccurate, a Medical upfront isn't even close to 30% of approval let alone 90%.. its when a medical request is gotten that actually proves a sign of "close" approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
If you are going to spend the rest of it life in Canada, apply to Express Entry. Do not think of going through the study permit route cos you will be greatly refused. Cos no VO wants an immigrant to spend the rest of his or her life in their country.. Very funny
UGODDAY:
Good moni, I am rounding up my NYSC by October this year I study chemical engineering and I will like to travel to Canada to spend the rest of my life, so please Friends help me on which step to take now and which VISA in need and how to star the process.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nivlek000(m): 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2018
Congrats in advance. What r the email addresses(for Ghana, Kenya, London) u sent ur complains to?
joe10:
Good day guys... I notice something strange on my profile just now. I sent a message the immigration in Ghana, Kenya and Lagos to explain reasons for my delayed application ( Almost 10 weeks now) and why there is no update on my profile even though i did upfront medical. I just signed in now to see that my medical now reads "You passed the medical exam" but since inception background check still reads "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information".

I am confused now... Was it my message that prompted this? Can this be a good sign and should anticipate final decision soon or mere coincidence that it was updated today? My guy na different questions i just dey ask myself o. Me still dey pray sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 7:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Plus go to the Express e ntry thread for ur question.There is nothing like reduction of points on this thread (Study permit).
aderemi0001:
Hello ,
Please my wife school is not in the WES list of schools , can i still go on with the evaluation and hope it wont reduce our point and also she as an Msc in malaysia university , are we to the evaluation together or separately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by joe10: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2018
makano:
Congrats in advance. What r the email addresses(for Ghana, Kenya, London) u sent ur complains to?

London: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca accra.immigration@international.gc.ca lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi.consular@international.gc.ca
enquiry@international.gc.ca

I hope this would be helpful.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by makano: 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
Tnks
joe10:

London: LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca accra.immigration@international.gc.ca lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi.consular@international.gc.ca
enquiry@international.gc.ca

I hope this would be helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm gathering my documents for paper route but I have a few questions.

1: My maternal Uncle is my sponspor: Will it be enough to attach my Mom's birth certificate to prove there relationship ?

2: He is not willing to give me the Original CAC certificate of his company, can I submit the photocopy?

3: I'm presently a residence in UAE,is it okay to include my employment letter ?

4: I plan to include my wife's birth certificate plus my Son's and a landed property( agreement document between me and the seller ) , Is that okay to prove home ties ..How can I prove to be a married man? We only did intro and traditional.. No court wedding papers.

Thank you in advance for your response and good luck to everybody .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yemski: 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2018
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Lemia:

Thank you very much boss. I've made flight arrangements but the cost ehn.. cry
It is well bro. Enjoy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
monisola001:
Good morning everyone, i am new to this canada processing. Please i have a question. I graduated 7 yrs ago i studied chemical engineering but my work experience has being in administration . I want to apply for a 3 year pgd should i apply in bus admin or a chemical engineering related course.

Also i will like to go with my baby. Pleaseee i need urgent answer. Thank you
monisola001,

Your best bet here is applying for a 3 years Pgd business administration, it shows a career progression for you.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by drhammed: 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hello Aunty,

At this stage of your career (prospective PhD student), you're the only one that can assist yourself. You can only seek for guidance here, so people won't look down on you.

If I may advice, please jump on internet and look for Supervisor/Schools that merge your research interests and pick it up from there.

Good luck
Yemski:
Hello nairalanders,
Pls who can help me with the process of securing a PhD admission in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
UGODDAY:
Good moni, I am rounding up my NYSC by October this year I study chemical engineering and I will like to travel to Canada to spend the rest of my life, so please Friends help me on which step to take now and which VISA in need and how to star the process.
UGODDAY,

Spending the rest of life without having plans on returning after studies won't be feasible for a study permit to Canada, in as much as the major requirements of a study permit is to prove to the visa officer beyond reasonable doubt that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
Therefore, using study permit as a means to abscond into Canada won't be an advisable route, considering that cost of studies for international students in Canada.

I'll advise you go through Express entry, this is a pathway for easy relocation to Canada without having to pay exorbitant international students fee.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2018
swisster:
good evening all

thank u.
swisster,

I believe by now they must have started your background checks. Sorry that the biometrics is taking forever, sometimes there is often a delay in dispatching the letters, but be rest assured that soon you will get a mail on your email stating that there is an update in your CIC account. When that is done, quickly login into your CIC account, scroll down and check the account messages you will find the biometrics letter lying there.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Currazzi: 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2018
mcobex:
You don't have to counter anything, just apply for SOWP for your spouse and visiting or study for your children(depending on their age.
You can apply while still in Nigeria or better still apply as soon as you arrive Canada. Don't panic
Thanks mcobex,the TRV for my wife and kids was approved today.It took just 2weeks via paper route.God bless you.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2018
Guys my profile just got updated with we're "reviewing weather you meet the eligibility requirement" I didn't do upfront medicals.. Please what does this mean
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Newman1010:

@ Steper4u, kindly send a mail to accraimmigration@international.gc.ca, accra.immigration@international.gc.ca, lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca immediately. Your application has exceeded the normal processing time and it will not affect your application negatively. It is possible that a VO is unknowingly sitting on your application. 16 weeks without a medical call is outrageous. A colleague of mine waited 24 weeks before sending a mail. She got approved a week after sending the mail

The subject should be something like this
UPDATE FOR STUDY PERMIT APPLICATION IFO STELLA MARIS YAKUB APPLICATION NO: S309090909. Ensure you state that your application has spent 16 weeks with them, which is way beyond the normal processing time.

Shoot the mail now. Wish you the best

Thanks I sent them email, and I was replied today that there's an update on my CIC account but when I login in, I did not see any update and my background check is still on "we are processing..." Isn't this strange? NB: I applied on 15th February
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Bodmillz: 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
faroouqq:
Guys my profile just got updated with we're "reviewing weather you meet the eligibility requirement" I didn't do upfront medicals.. Please what does this mean

Expect a decision soon. When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
Newman1010:

@ Steper4u, kindly send a mail to accraimmigration@international.gc.ca, accra.immigration@international.gc.ca, lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca immediately. Your application has exceeded the normal processing time and it will not affect your application negatively. It is possible that a VO is unknowingly sitting on your application. 16 weeks without a medical call is outrageous. A colleague of mine waited 24 weeks before sending a mail. She got approved a week after sending the mail

The subject should be something like this
UPDATE FOR STUDY PERMIT APPLICATION IFO STELLA MARIS YAKUB APPLICATION NO: S309090909. Ensure you state that your application has spent 16 weeks with them, which is way beyond the normal processing time.

Shoot the mail now. Wish you the best

thanks. I sent them an email and I was replied today that there's an update on my application but when I login into my CIC account but I did see anything on account cos my background check is in progress...

is it this strange cos I sent them an email to complain that there's a delay on my application( applied 15th February
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
Currazzi:
Thanks mcobex,the TRV for my wife and kids was approved today.It took just 2weeks via paper route.God bless you.
Wow! Thank God. Congratulations bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 19, 2018
25th of May

Bodmillz:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 19, 2018
25th of May 2018

Bodmillz:

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.