Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (790356 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2018
rasheedolalekan:
Good people of nairaland.
I got refusal of TRV on this ground (For directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Actwink. I don't really know what it means but a week before the refusal the school applied to sent me a message to justify the difference in the age on my passport and waec result. Because there was a mistake on the date of birth on my waec results. Please help I want reapply but I don't know how to correct the age difference of my documents.
rasheedolalekan,

For directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act :When this is found as the main generic reason for your visa refusal, it's likely a ban.

Sir/Ma, I think there is more to this refusal of yours, a visa officer couldn't have issued you a ban just because there are slight age discrepancies in your WAEC result and International Passport. I want to believe that the age on your Int'l passport is your official age, which can be seen on every other documents you submitted along side with your application. The only error here was on the WAEC certificate. I'll like to let you know that before a ban is issued to an applicant there is always a Procedural fairness letter that will be sent to your CIC account/email. This fairness letter is a procedural step CIC is required to take before they refuse an application, which is stated by the Canadian law that any applicant found in mispresentation should be given a chance to explain themselves before a decision will be executed by the Visa officer in charge of the application.

If this letter was sent to you requesting for something, then they are simply asking for something to be clarified and of course they want to hear from you and if you accurately expressed yourself in a truthful, clear and sensible manner, the Visa officer couldn't have issued you a ban just for the fact that the age on your WAEC certificate didn't tally with that of your int'l passport. These people for sure are humans and they have minds to think and hearts to feel about every case brought before them....

I am sorry but I strongly doubt if this was the main reason for issuing you a ban.

If I may ask, were you the one that applied for this visa? Did you sort help from any agent?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by HiSignature: 12:08am On Jun 20, 2018
Hi Rasheedolalekan,
To add to Frank's post, can you give a brief overview of documents submitted to both university for admission and CIC for visa application?
From your insinuation, I think you are suggesting maybe your university and CIC were in communication during your visa decision period.
I have read about university writing support letter to help student's visa application to CIC but I am not sure about CIC initiating conversation with the university to confirm student docs before a visa is granted (Frank might have the best idea of this response).
Some questions....
Are you going for graduate or undergraduate studies?
Did you submit your WAEC result as part of your documents for visa application?
Could the letter from CIC connote that you should clarify your age?
What other discrepancies do you know exist with the documents submitted?
Few people I have read about on this forum denied for misinterpretation (especially as regards to SOA) were at one point or the other communication with to confirm the authenticity of the account; so I want to align with Frank's thoughts.
Check out all these and you might have a closure as regards what is happening.

Warm regards.

rasheedolalekan:
Good people of nairaland.
I got refusal of TRV on this ground (For directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Actwink. I don't really know what it means but a week before the refusal the school applied to sent me a message to justify the difference in the age on my passport and waec result. Because there was a mistake on the date of birth on my waec results. Please help I want to reapply but I don't know how to correct the age difference of my documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by nduki10: 12:15am On Jun 20, 2018
Please oo have been a silent reader here o, I applied on the 10th of April and nothing has changed, still waiting for medical call.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:27am On Jun 20, 2018
HiSignature:
Hi Rasheedolalekan,
To add to Frank's post, can you give a brief overview of documents submitted to both university for admission and CIC for visa application?
From your insinuation, I think you are suggesting maybe your university and CIC were in communication during your visa decision period.
I have read about university writing support letter to help student's visa application to CIC but I am not sure about CIC initiating conversation with the university to confirm student docs before a visa is granted (Frank might have the best idea of this response).
Some questions....
Are you going for graduate or undergraduate studies?
Did you submit your WAEC result as part of your documents for visa application?
Could the letter from CIC connote that you should clarify your age?
What other discrepancies do you know exist with the documents submitted?
Few people I have read about on this forum denied for misinterpretation (especially as regards to SOA) were at one point or the other communication with to confirm the authenticity of the account; so I want to align with Frank's thoughts.
Check out all these and you might have a closure as regards what is happening.

Warm regards.

Well spoken HiSignature,

To the above bolded, I still doubt if a university will write a letter on behalf of a student to CIC to expedite the student visa application. I only know of a supervisor writing a letter on behalf of a student stating the student research study purpose, of which it will be included among the other supporting documents by the student during application submission. On the other hand, CIC only confirms the authenticity of the student acceptance letter. When this is done, CIC has no business initiating with the university to confirm the student supporting documents before a visa can be issued, in as much as the school has no idea on the type of documents the student included during the visa application submission. At this juncture, asking the school will be of no use to CIC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MichyEhi: 2:33am On Jun 20, 2018
Hello everyone,

It’s been checking eligibility and doing the background check for over 2 weeks now.

I don’t really understand anymore.

Also, it’s been showing I have a new message since the 7th of June. I’ve read the messages but it won’t disappear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 6:46am On Jun 20, 2018
Steper4u:

thanks. I sent them an email and I was replied today that there's an update on my application but when I login into my CIC account but I did see anything on account cos my background check is in progress...

is it this strange cos I sent them an email to complain that there's a delay on my application( applied 15th February

It is not strange. I think when ever they start working on an app, an update goes out to the applicant. Within the next few days, you should get an update. I believe it will be a positive one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 6:50am On Jun 20, 2018
Currazzi:
Thanks mcobex,the TRV for my wife and kids was approved today.It took just 2weeks via paper route.God bless you.

Congratulations bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2018
@Newman1010

Please stop advertising 3rd party link here as you have done this couple of times now.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Steper4u: 7:23am On Jun 20, 2018
Newman1010:

It is not strange. I think when ever they start working on an app, an update goes out to the applicant. Within the next few days, you should get an update. I believe it will be a positive one.

I believe so bro. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 7:57am On Jun 20, 2018
justwise:
@Newman1010

Please stop advertising 3rd party link here as you have done this couple of times now.

Thank you.

@justwise, this is noted. I’ll suggest you also help this people that get denied and want to get their GCMS note by stating a link that will be adopted as the standard for this forum. That way, no body will advertise any other link. People come here for help and they should be able to get it else the purpose of this forum will be defeated.
Just my suggestion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 8:37am On Jun 20, 2018
monisola001:
Truth be told i want a career in administration not engineering... I have being reading different posts on convincing sop and so on ...i am confused.

First, convince yourself why you need a masters in the area of your career interest. Once you are able to do this, convincing a VO won't be a problem.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by rasheedolalekan: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2018
esefrancis:

I have a friend who corrected this and reapplied and got it approved. But first of all was the age difference much. ?? On your passport and waec? How many years difference
7 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by justwise(m): 10:11am On Jun 20, 2018
Newman1010:

@justwise, this is noted. I’ll suggest you also help this people that get denied and want to get their GCMS note by stating a link that will be adopted as the standard for this forum. That way, no body will advertise any other link. People come here for help and they should be able to get it else the purpose of this forum will be defeated.
Just my suggestion

Page zero of this thread has the link for months now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Dwebb55: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2018
Good morning house. I would like to know what the order of steps after submission either online or paper route are.

After submission, I guess biometrics is first. What are the other steps after that? Thanks as you enlighten us!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by codeplace(m): 11:00am On Jun 20, 2018
Pls gurus, has anyone applied for post graduate programme in Ontario college and got student permit? I have everything only I have virgin Intl passport, have never travelled out of Nigeria. Wht are possibility of getting student permit. By the way, I'm also pursing immigration program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by cecechi: 11:01am On Jun 20, 2018
Dwebb55:
Good morning house. I would like to know what the order of steps after submission either online or paper route are.

After submission, I guess biometrics is first. What are the other steps after that? Thanks as you enlighten us!
No one knows the steps, as you said it should be biometrics first but you can't tell. The main thing is approval, so put up a strong and sincere application then back it up with prayers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by leonard20147: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2018
Sultty:
My good ppl who can suggest a Canadian university that easily admits pgd students. I need this because I have a third class in chemistry and will wish to further in nursing during d program

Try Humber College

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2018
Josh1996:
Dalhousie University Masters applicants. Please let's link up

Hi,

I am also going to Dalhousie... My email is vtoluwalope@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
For Masters or UG ?

vtoluwalope:

Hi,

I am also going to Dalhousie... My email is vtoluwalope@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good day guys ,

So under the document check list form.. I found the following :

IMM 1294 form ( Application for study permit made outide of Canada )

Family form IMM5707

Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union ( IMM5409 )

Use of Representative ( IMM 5476 )

Authority to release personal information to a designated individual ( IMM 5475 )

Custodianship Declaration for minors studying in Canada ( IMM 5646 )

BUT my question is Do I need to submit all these forms ? The only form applicable to me is the IMM 1294 and the family form . What do I do with the rest ?

Also, I can't seem to find the IMM 5475 anywhere on the CIC website .

Thank you for your help .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by vtoluwalope: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
dubaiboy1:

For Masters or UG ?

Masters
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Newman1010: 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
justwise:

Page zero of this thread has the link for months now.

Noted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yeahkim: 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2018
Hello everyone, do you think $32k in an account is enough for a sponsor to have for someone doing an undergraduate program?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MichyEhi: 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2018
Please is anyone experiencing the same thing or can I be put through?

Thanks.

MichyEhi:
Hello everyone,

It’s been checking eligibility and doing the background check for over 2 weeks now.

I don’t really understand anymore.

Also, it’s been showing I have a new message since the 7th of June. I’ve read the messages but it won’t disappear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MichyEhi: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
yeahkim:
Hello everyone, do you think $32k in an account is enough for a sponsor to have for someone doing an undergraduate program?

I believe this depends on the school in question, cost of tuition, accommodation and other necessities.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by yeahkim: 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
MichyEhi:

I believe this depends on the school in question, cost of tuition, accommodation and other necessities.
University of Ottawa and the tuition is about cad19k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 3:50pm On Jun 20, 2018
Check your admission letter ...You will see the tuition fee for your course of study , Health Insurance , Accommodation and other bill... Sum it up and add an additional CAD10K.. The total will be the amount you must have for your first year of study.

I stand to be corrected though .

yeahkim:

University of Ottawa and the tuition is about cad19k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
Good Dubaiboy1,

You need 1294, IMM5707 if you have children and wife?

dubaiboy1:
Good day guys ,

So under the document check list form.. I found the following :

IMM 1294 form ( Application for study permit made outide of Canada )

Family form IMM5707

Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union ( IMM5409 )

Use of Representative ( IMM 5476 )

Authority to release personal information to a designated individual ( IMM 5475 )

Custodianship Declaration for minors studying in Canada ( IMM 5646 )

BUT my question is Do I need to submit all these forms ? The only form applicable to me is the IMM 1294 and the family form . What do I do with the rest ?

Also, I can't seem to find the IMM 5475 anywhere on the CIC website .

Thank you for your help .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by dubaiboy1: 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
Thank you .. Also, do you have any idea if a photocopy of the CAC is good enough as part of my Sponsor's document ?

olugere:
Good Dubaiboy1,

You need 1294, IMM5707 if you have children and wife?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
rasheedolalekan:

7 years
Contact me to get it corrected to avoid future mishaps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Tobilexz: 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
Long post alert!!!!
First application: August 2017 and was denied September. Paper based
Second application: October 2017 and denied November. Paper based

Announcing Announcing. The miraculous approval of my TRV after 2 denials (paper based application.

Third application: Online. Submitted April 13th (coinidentally my mum's death anniversary). Medical request 13th of June. Approved 19th. Just saw it today

This application was not in anyway much different from the previous two. In fact it lacked more content than the previous two. No explanation provided for the points raised for the denials, less money in my sponsor's account, no properties document, even my SOP was very brief and just one page.

The difference was just God (i fasted and prayed like never before in my life) and the fact that my sponsor (sister) is now a PR, who is still living in Nigeria.

My pple at Brandon. Abeg make we link up

Bsc Computer Science
18 yrs old
Only one sponsor
Paid my school fees since first application

Special thanks to MaxiUde, Glitteringstar and Erons. My sister reached out to you guys and you all helped out

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Linzo(m): 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
Tobilexz:
Long post alert!!!!
First application: August 2017 and was denied September. Paper based
Second application: October 2017 and denied November. Paper based

Announcing Announcing. The miraculous approval of my TRV after 2 denials (paper based application.

Third application: Online. Submitted April 13th (coinidentally my mum's death anniversary). Medical request 13th of June. Approved 19th. Just saw it today

This application was not in anyway much different from the previous two. In fact it lacked more content than the previous two. No explanation provided for the points raised for the denials, less money in my sponsor's account, no properties document, even my SOP was very brief and just one page.

The difference was just God (i fasted and prayed like never before in my life) and the fact that my sponsor (sister) is now a PR, who is still living in Nigeria.

My pple at Brandon. Abeg make we link up

Bsc Computer Science
18 yrs old
Only one sponsor
Paid my school fees since first application

Special thanks to MaxiUde, Glitteringstar and Erons. My sister reached out to you guys and you all helped out
Congrat bro, I'm also putting papers together for my Visa application, will be going to Brandon for Economics (UG)

(1) (2) (3) ... (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.