Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795364 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Send Accra an email to update your online portal.

I don’t want to bother these people honestly , let them just do their thing , I hope to God it ends well!

Thanks for your advices brother .. very appreciative.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by JJJV: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2018
Martswoll:

I don’t want to bother these people honestly , let them just do their thing , I hope to God it ends well!

Martswoll you need to be calm and let things run it course, as advised here defer your program with the school. Get going an activity that will occupy your mind and only check your portal once or twice weekly. Aspire for other things while putting an eye on your application. I wish you your very heart desire.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 11:40am On Apr 25, 2018
Thanks G
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ebimila: 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
It been quite a while i visited this thread. But reading your post i instantly was able to connect. Its been a journey since 2016 for me but today im thankful its over and ended in praise. 2 study permit refusals in succession, 1 successful JR which took like 7months after which judgement was granted in my favour for application to be reviewed by another VO, like a month later an unexpected maill for interview in accra after which TRV was issued in less than 10mins. Noteworthy program is a PGC in HR. All the accolades to God Almighty. Be encouraged by brothers and sisters.

Asihanmi:
2nd study permit refusal though I have requested for GCMS note.
Just trying to analyse the 2 reasons on the rejection letter: family ties in Canada and home country and purpose of visit!
Never stated I had family member(s) in Canada in any of my documents ,know I've got distant cousins and we are not close .

I do not think I will apply a third time(in my own thoughts it's not worth it may mean desperation to them).

I have been struggling with express entry process stucked with IELTS. Don't want to go through the asylum route that is being recommended to me despite having canada visitor's visa because of WORK PRESSURE (Naija banking craziness...). I believe asylum may not be the best route for a family person.
Honestly, don't know what to do at this juncture.

Suggestions are welcome from the family.

How's Australia and Netherlands PR process like?

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 12:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
JJJV:

Martswoll you need to be calm and let things run it course, as advised here defer your program with the school. Get going an activity that will occupy your mind and only check your portal once or twice weekly. Aspire for other things while putting an eye on your application. I wish you your very heart desire.

This Canada sef, they're doing shagara as if some of their provinces are not actually looking for people to come and stay.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gbemiigbal: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2018
@jnyuwa02, @frankrobbn1 here is my gcms as asked. I have answered all the queries to my ability even the one they didn't query. Pls is someone willing to help check it out? I need to submit my Wednesday. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gbemiigbal: 12:26pm On Apr 25, 2018
gbemiigbal:
@jnyuwa02, @frankrobbn1 here is my gcms as asked. I have answered all the queries to my ability even the one they didn't query. Pls is someone willing to help check it out? I need to submit my Wednesday. Thanks

The two notes came from Ghana VO and LVO.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
gbemiigbal:

Find below the gcms notes. The first note came in from Accra VO then London VO before i was finally refused.

I have answered all the queries, will just need someone to help take a look at it. Thanks
Sorry I'm unable to access the PDF file you sent to me, could you please share it as a JPEG.
Thank you!

Edited: Never mind! I just find out you already pasted one. So, we will work with it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chuksdewigs(m): 12:38pm On Apr 25, 2018
please guys, who do I address my statement of purpose to..asin what address do I have to use
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

Just to ask, I have an Msc. and i am going for an MBA. i hope that it shows career progression , i have been reading here about how impoertant it is to show career progresion.

Please advise.

Thanks.

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
ebimila:
It been quite a while i visited this thread. But reading your post i instantly was able to connect. Its been a journey since 2016 for me but today im thankful its over and ended in praise. 2 study permit refusals in succession, 1 successful JR which took like 7months after which judgement was granted in my favour for application to be reviewed by another VO, like a month later an unexpected maill for interview in accra after which TRV was issued in less than 10mins. Noteworthy program is a PGC in HR. All the accolades to God Almighty. Be encouraged by brothers and sisters.

Very nice!! Do you care to tell the house the process of judicial review? Did you hire a lawyer in Canada and how much? Once those judicial review are granted and they are rarely granted, you know an interview is only formality.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
chuksdewigs:
please guys, who do I address my statement of purpose to..asin what address do I have to use
chuksdewigs,

Due to the recent contradictions of where study permit applications are being processed, it's best you address your letters to:

Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
P.O. Box 54506,
Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2018
gbemiigbal:
gbemiigbal,

To the best of my knowledge your gcms note is simply saying that you have limited compelling reasons for study in Canada. Why you decide not to complete this program in Nigeria since it will reduce cost and wouldn't warrant you leaving your spouse and kids back home to a foreign country. The Visa officer is equally questioning your intent for not also completing this program in the US other than Canada considering your relavant travel history with them (US).

Also, there are traces of lump sum deposits (Loan) money into the bank statements you presented before printing the statement of account.

Edited: In respect to reviewing of the letter, I wish I could be of help here, but I am currently having a tight schedule and much letters to review from prospective applicants.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:11pm On Apr 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

gbemiigbal,

To the best of my knowledge your gcms note is simply saying that you have limited compelling reasons for study in Canada. Why you decide not to complete this program in Nigeria since it will reduce cost and wouldn't warrant you leaving your spouse and kids back home to a foreign country. The Visa officer is equally questioning your intent for not also completing this program in the US other than Canada considering your relavant travel history with them (US).

Also, there are traces of lump sum deposits (Loan) money into the bank statements you presented before printing the statement of account.

So sorry for your refusal @gbemiigbal.

It's a good thing that you are seeking advise to satisfy the VO.

But i have a question. @Frankrobbn1.

What of if a company is the sponsor and the funds came in from a recent business (reoccurring) and one is able to provide the receipts, invoices of the transaction. Will this be sufficient to satisfy the VO on cash lodgment? There is still funds to run the company even after the fees amount.

Please gurus in the house help!

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:19pm On Apr 25, 2018
goingforward:

So sorry for your refusal @gbemiigbal.

It's a good thing that you are seeking advise to satisfy the VO.

But i have a question. @Frankrobbn1.

What of if a company is the sponsor and the funds came in from a recent business (reoccurring) and one is able to provide the receipts, invoices of the transaction. Will this be sufficient to satisfy the VO on cash lodgment? There is still funds to run the company even after the fees amount.

Please gurus in the house help!

goingforward.
goingforward,

No problem here!. Once the origin of funds can be accounted for and evidence like reciepts, invoices of the transcations carried out are provided on file with explanations. It WON'T be tagged as a lump sum deposit by the Visa officer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
goingforward:
Hello Nairalanders,

Just to ask, I have an Msc. and i am going for an MBA. i hope that it shows career progression , i have been reading here about how impoertant it is to show career progresion.

Please advise.

Thanks.

goingforward.
goingforward,

I can see purpose of visit dropping off, Having a MSc (Master of science) and going to Canada for an MBA (Masters business Administration) shows no logical progression. You're simply undertaking the same academic level to that already completed. The Visa officer will tag you as not a genuine student that is using study permit as a means to facilitate entry into Canada rather than educational advancement. So, Your best bet here is to go for a phd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
Topsonhandsome:
Good day everyone... Please is it possible to stay in Canada legally if one is granted a student visa but fails to start schooling immediately because of funds.

This might lead to you being deported from Canada because the school in which you're accepted will send all correspondence about your appearance in school to IRCC and once that is done you will be found wanting. Don't try it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

goingforward,

I can see purpose of visit dropping off, Having a MSc (Master of science) and going to Canada for an MBA (Masters business Administration) shows no logical progression. You're simply undertaking the same academic level to that already completed. The Visa officer will tag you as not a genuine student that is using study permit as a means to facilitate entry into Canada rather than educational advancement. So, Your best bet here is to go for a phd.

Thanks @Frankrobbn1.

I considered that, but Ph.D. is more of a reserach, i run a business and i need management experience plus global network/partnesrhips, ( which are my strong points in my SOP), to launch my business to the next level.

We are going into a new line of business hence my going for this.- An EMBA program.

My Msc was done online in Information Systems Mgt.

With all these, do you still think that the VO will not see a career progression?

goingforward.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2018
goingforward:

Thanks @Frankrobbn1.

I considered that, but Ph.D. is more of a reserach, i run a business and i need management experience plus global network/partnesrhips, ( which are my strong points in my SOP), to launch my business to the next level.

We are going into a new line of business hence my going for this.- An EMBA program.

With all these, do you still think that the VO will not see a career progression?

goingforward.

sorry a new line of product i meant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2018
mcobex:
NO, it is not possible/legal to stay in Canada without doing what you went there for(studies).This is one of the reason why cic is getting more and more strict with applicants from Nigeria. So, how did you prove you have enough funding for your studies?
NB: PLEASE IF YOU KNOW YOU DONT HAVE FUNDS TO STUDY IN CANADA PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR WAIT TILL YOU HAVE ENOUGH, INSTEAD OF MAKING THINGS HARDER FOR THOSE THAT GENUINELY WANT TO TRAVEL FOR STUDIES
mcobex,

Bro! You dey vex o Hahahaha grin grin. Setting my eyes on this post I had to burst into laughter. Menh! At times the questions some people ask here is quite humorous. These are the set of people that makes things so difficult for the genuine students from Nigeria. Does he think Canada is an Asian countries like Malaysia, Indonesia etc.. where one can travel with the intention of studying and on reaching there, fly into labour market(Hustling). That is not done in Canada. Well, you have given the best advise, so it's left for him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2018
goingforward:

Thanks @Frankrobbn1.

goingforward.

goingforward,

It not always easy, you might have a point but a visa officer won't be seeing it from your own perspective and genuine interest, this happens most often. You need to present a justifiable reasons for going to Canada for a second masters degree, provide proof that you own a business which requires you to go for an MBA in Canada and argue why Phd is not your choice at the moment. With this, it might be an approval.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 2:24pm On Apr 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

goingforward,

It not always easy, you might have a point but a visa officer won't be seeing it from your own perspective and genuine interest, this happens most often. You need to present a justifiable reasons for going to Canada for a second masters degree, provide proof that you own a business which requires you to go for an MBA in Canada and argue why Phd is not your choice at the moment. With this, it might be an approval.

@Frankrobbn1

hmmm.... shocked, Okay thanks, i initially did not see this from your pespective, but as you have mentioned it, i will state my justification clearly in my SOP.

I find this very insightful.

Thanks for the information.

goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Yinkarolie: 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2018
Plz what's SoWp
Aghatise:
Thanks . kindly help me clarify this; since I am applying with the family do I have to apply for SOWP for my wife and TRV for the kids (minor)?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
SOWP: Spouse Open Work Permit.

Yinkarolie:
Plz what's SoWp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2018
Prudento:

This Canada sef, they're doing shagara as if some of their provinces are not actually looking for people to come and stay.

I swear Bro , for real, they have many unpopulated provinces, one of the reasons I chose kamloops BC. But you can’t blame them, if things are as good as it should be here . I wouldn’t be bothering.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
Martswoll:

You the right to contact/mail them if the application has exceeded the processing time, someone said the present processing time is 7 weeks so feel free to mail them.
Just tell them your app has exceeded the processing time and you will like to know how it is going so far
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2018
Prudento:

That's why people apply via Express Entry. Study visa is a temporary thing and as such the applicant will have to show reasons to why he/she won't stay back in Canada after studies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Thebaes(f): 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2018
Good afternoon house. Nice job on here.
Please I need advise for my brother.
He graduated with 2:2 biz admin and wants to go for masters in Canada. All the schools he applied to did not grant him admission except for University of Canada West for masters in business administration. The whole tuition came to 39000cad and I made some research online and the sch doesn't really have good reviews. Is anyone in the school currently? Is it worth it?
Between going for University of Canada west and running a diploma in a college which is better?
Please advise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2018
goingforward:

Thanks @Frankrobbn1.

goingforward.

Some people do get away with it, but your sop needs to address every reason you have. Give the vo convincing reasons and you stand a chance.
NB: Make sure you make available your company registration and tax papers, they will go a long way to drive your points

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2018
Thebaes:
Good afternoon house. Nice job on here.
Please I need advise for my brother.
He graduated with 2:2 biz admin and wants to go for masters in Canada. All the schools he applied to did not grant him admission except for University of Canada West for masters in business administration. The whole tuition came to 39000cad and I made some research online and the sch doesn't really have good reviews. Is anyone in the school currently? Is it worth it?
Between going for University of Canada west and running a diploma in a college which is better?
Please advise.
First, I think your brother should be here himself and not you(so he can get first hand info).
Secondly, the main issue is not getting the admission but getting trv(study visa). If he can afford the $39,000/year + atleast $10,000/year(upkeep) then he should go for the masters programme as he stands a better chance getting his visa with it than a diploma.
Thirdly, just like I mentioned earlier LET HIM COME HERE HIMSELF AND GET INFO BY HIMSELF
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by chuksdewigs(m): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2018
Thanks @Frankrobbn1
Frankrobbn1:

chuksdewigs,

Due to the recent contradictions of where study permit applications are being processed, it's best you address your letters to:

Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
P.O. Box 54506,
Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 3:29pm On Apr 25, 2018
mcobex:
Some people do get away with it, but your sop needs to address every reason you have. Give the vo convincing reasons and you stand a chance.
NB: Make sure you make available your company registration and tax papers, they will go a long way to drive your points

Thanks @mcobex.

Infact the way i have been writing and rewriting this SOP ehn.....chai..like say na exam. cry. e no easy. i write rewrite, edit, rewrite... embarassed

Yes, i have my CAC, memart etc and Company Income and Payee taxes ready.

It will end in praise in Jesus name. Amen. smiley

Goingforward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.