Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,058 members, 7,814,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (784776 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Abu46: 11:58am On Apr 24, 2018
Hey, have u paid tuition for your first year?....
xzile:
Thanks everyone who contributed to my questions. I truly appreciate.
Since the tax clearance is impossible to get now, i think i will make do with SOA, CAC documents, affidavit and the letter of sponsorship and keep my fingers crossed.
I have come to understand that trv is possible even with living expenses in sponsor account. I think his letter is convincing enough.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mightyola: 11:58am On Apr 24, 2018
What are the key points a sponsorship letter should contain.

1. Relationship to the Applicant
2. Reason why sponsoring Applicant
3. Number of dependents(sponsor)
4. Highlighting financial commitment to the applicant,by indicating any payment done in respect to tuition and Boarding
5. Sponsors background

Any other cogent points?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 12:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
Thanks
Frankrobbn1:

AKUPSME,

Using a company as a co-sponsor to your application, a rational letter of sponsorship will suffice stating clearly why the company is spending so much on you, how this sponsorship will be of paramount benefit to them and attesting that your intl certificate will yield an extraordinary results to the company upon your return. How long you've been working for this company goes a long to prove to the visa officer the genuinuety of this sponsorship. Company MUST show proof of commitment towards financing your studies either paying at least a semester tuition fee or transferring funds into your personal account.

To mention a few, you need documents like:
1-) Letter of sponsorship (written on company letter headed paper)
2-) Affidiavit of company sponsorship (stamp and sign by commissioner of oaths)
3-) 6 months company bank statements
4-) Company article and association of memorandum
5-) Company CAC documents ( proof to show the business is Registered)
6-) Tax clearance certificate
7-) Board resolution letter (stating clearly that they are aware of this sponsorship and won't pose to be a hindrance to this) etc...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
Boss20:

Planning to submit this week, please which of the family form did you submit so I can know which to fill.

I submitted 5645E
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
Asihanmi:
2nd study permit refusal though I have requested for GCMS note.
Just trying to analyse the 2 reasons on the rejection letter: family ties in Canada and home country and purpose of visit!
Never stated I had family member(s) in Canada in any of my documents ,know I've got distant cousins and we are not close .

I do not think I will apply a third time(in my own thoughts it's not worth it may mean desperation to them).

I have been struggling with express entry process stucked with IELTS. Don't want to go through the asylum route that is being recommended to me despite having canada visitor's visa because of WORK PRESSURE (Naija banking craziness...). I believe asylum may not be the best route for a family person.
Honestly, don't know what to do at this juncture.

Suggestions are welcome from the family.

How's Australia and Netherlands PR process like?

Hello Asihanmi,

So sorry about this. I want to encourage you not to give up. Nothing good comes easy.

Look through your GCMS notes and compare reasons for the rejection. Also, let experts here advise you on how you can go about applying again. Can you provide the following information:

You mentioned that you have a valid visitors visa if you don't mind my asking, has it been a while since you traveled to Canada?
Did you travel alone or with your spouse or the family at that time?
Was it for business or tourism?
Now for the study permit, did you indicate traveling with your family (Wife and children) at the same time?
Is it visitor or SOWP or Visit Visa you are applying for your spouse?
Do you work for yourself or for an employer?
Did you use the same CIC/EE account for your expenses entry to apply for your Canada study permit or did you create a separate account for your study permit?
Did you apply online or paper route?

Goingforward
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2018
activelyA:

Oh myy
Did they give you a reason?
When did you apply?

Wow.. ..i can see you have another offer though.. .congratulations

They mentioned that more than 250 students applied for only 45 spots. And apparently, more than half of that 45 was reserved for domestic students.

I wasn't too surprised. I sent emails to at least 9 profs at UoT and only 1 responded that I should contact him again in a month's time. I did so and he never responded again.

By then, I had already secured a supervisor at another university. So I figured I should just try my luck and apply to UofT without a supervisor. Well I guess I essentially donated $120 to them. 3.92/4.00 GPA don't mean sh*t to UofT grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
Pls where actually wil I see update on my application.
I have already link my paper application.
I have checked the 'check status and message' option.. dnt undatsand d statements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by activelyA(f): 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
kylexy61:

They mentioned that more than 250 students applied for only 45 spots. And apparently, more than half of that 45 was reserved for domestic students.

I wasn't too surprised. I sent emails to at least 9 profs at UoT and only 1 responded that I should contact him again in a month's time. I did so and he never responded again.

By then, I had already secured a supervisor at another university. So I figured I should just try my luck and apply to UofT without a supervisor. Well I guess I essentially donated $120 to them. 3.92/4.00 GPA don't mean sh*t to UofT grin

My goodness. ...
What course? And when did you apply

Haven't heard from them at all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 1:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
activelyA:

My goodness. ...
What course? And when did you apply

Haven't heard from them at all

MASc Civil Engineering. I applied in December 2017
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 1:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
Pls chief, just want to know, I applied with a bank statement of account in Canada running to 30k CAD with my Tuition paid. The statement of account I got from my bank was not original statement as it was sent through my mail like around 2nd of February,
also the bank letter of introduction was sent through email, not original and I applied for my Visa on 09th April. What do you guys suggest
Frankrobbn1:

Twallace,

Walk straight to your bank and request for this letter and it will be issued to you within a couple of minutes, let them know it's for visa application.

A Bank reference letter is a letter addressed to the consular officer of Canada, introducing you as their customer, the date and day you opened the account with the bank, your home/office address, for how long you have been running this account with them, attesting that you're indeed a good customer to the bank blah blah etc...

A signature from the Authorized managers of the bank will suffice at the end left and right side of the reference letter.
The letter should be addressed to this address :

Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
P.O. Box 54506,
Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Boss20: 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2018
ayoslas88:

I submitted 5645E

OK thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by shaddy1k: 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
Great. Thank you very much Sir. Advice taken. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2018
MightyGIE:

How true is this please? From school's pages and from discussion with VFS, you can apply for SOWP at same time as the student applying for study permit.
How will you apply for it when the principal applicant(the student) doesn't have any right to be in Canada? You offer letter doesn't qualify you but rather your trv. It is only when your trv is secured that you can now apply for your spouse(you can do that even while in NIgeria as long as trv has been secured). The only thing you can apply for your spouse before your trv approval is visiting and nothing more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2018
I've just been denied based on purpose of visit? How do I tackle it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
@ activelyA, processing time changes(increases/decreases) depending the number of application on cic's desk. cic also states that some applications can be treated beyond the processing timeframe(special cases), but you can always contact cic once your application exceeds the processing time or if you have additional document or information to give them.
NB: I have seen cases where two applicants got their trv within 48hrs, so don't be too concerned with the processing time and apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by activelyA(f): 2:58pm On Apr 24, 2018
mcobex:
@ activelyA, processing time changes(increases/decreases) depending the number of application on cic's desk. cic also states that some applications can be treated beyond the processing timeframe(special cases), but you can always contact cic once your application exceeds the processing time or if you have additional document or information to give them.
NB: I have seen cases where two applicants got their trv within 48hrs, so don't be too concerned with the processing time and apply

Are you for real? 48hours shocked
Canadian? shocked shocked
Wow.. .

Let me visit my church pastor because this 5month, I can't afford undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Lemia(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2018
kylexy61:

Loool.

I had a perfect GPA of 4/4 and UofT is still messing with me. I've not gotten a response yet but it's most likely going to be a reject.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
Famzyactivity:
I've just been denied based on purpose of visit? How do I tackle it

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Darasimiolu(f): 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
activelyA:
Have you gotten any reply from UOT?
Not yet...The department's deadline is May 15 not expecting a decision till June
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by goingforward: 3:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
The rate of refusal is scary! undecided cry
The Lord is my strength.

goingforward.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by activelyA(f): 3:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
Darasimiolu:

Not yet...The department's deadline is May 15
not expecting a decision till June
But kaylex61 has received an answer.. .
Let's be hopeful though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2018
activelyA:

Are you for real? 48hours shocked
Canadian? shocked shocked
Wow.. .

Let me visit my church pastor because this 5month, I can't afford undecided
Yes 48hours. Above a well packaged application, an applicant needs God's grace.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Darasimiolu(f): 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
activelyA:
But kaylex61 has received an answer.. . Let's be hopeful though
Depends on when he applied...I applied February against the May deadline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by kylexy61(m): 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
activelyA:

But kaylex61 has received an answer.. .
Let's be hopeful though

Darasimiolu:

Depends on when he applied...I applied February against the May deadline

Yes. I applied in December against a February deadline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Aghatise: 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
make we talk bro.....

[quote author=Famzyactivity post=66989924][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hello bro, sorry for that. Kindly share profile ans as well request for your gcmsnote asap.[quote author=Famzyactivity post=66989924][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Phocusjosh(m): 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hello bro, sorry for that. Kindly share profile ans as well request for your gcmsnote asap. [quote author=Famzyactivity post=66989924][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayeopare(m): 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
You are very correct UoT is rated as 14th best University in the world, and as such you should expect the competition will be very high, but with your cgpa 4/4 I beg try make a call to the supervisor moreso you might want to try other premier universities like Alberta UoBC, McGill etc.
Lemia:

Loool.

I had a perfect GPA of 4/4 and UofT is still messing with me. I've not gotten a response yet but it's most likely going to be a reject.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by activelyA(f): 4:11pm On Apr 24, 2018
kylexy61:

Yes. I applied in December against a February deadline.
And you got your reply after February?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Famzyactivity: 4:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
Phocusjosh:
Hello bro, sorry for that. Kindly share profile ans as well request for your gcmsnote asap.

Online route
All cic documents
Sponsors Employement letter and payslip
Tuition payment
Letter of sponsorship
Applied on the 1st of march
Biometric on the 6th of march
SOP
bank statement from sponsor
Bsc civil Engineering
Masc Mun oil and gas Engineering 2018
3 years working experience in the offshore oil and gas sector
No introductory letter from my company ,payslip nor pension statement and My sop isn't convincing I guess
because i didn't know about nairaland till after I applied

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (517)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.